OOC First Name
Mia
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
🏳️‍🌈Cas, 🏳️‍🌈Gay🏳️‍🌈
Wand
Curly 12.5" Flexible Chestnut with Mermaid Scale Core
Linden had a few weeks off work. he needed them to recover. it was funny, usually he was the one looking after cas, the last time cas had had a gallery to plan for he was the one who made him food, made sure he ate it and that he showered and in general looked after himself. but now the tides had turned. cas was always the first to remember that he needed to put the ointment on his arm and face twice a day and took his time liberally applying it being so much more gentle than he would have been on himself. it was healing. the blisters were going down but his skin was still very red and the hair on his right side was still singed and he hadn't quite got around to tidying it.
today he had his review at st mungo's to follow up on how well he was healing. and he was taking his time afterwards wandering down the street it had taken him a while to work out the best clothes that would both protect him from the weather and not be too heavy. in the end he had worked out that it was a long sleeved undrshirt, a shirt then a body warmer. he wandered down the street stopping at the menagerie to say hello to Professor Sumemrs and get some treats for lapis and Mus. before continuing further along it. he was in his own world thinking that maybe he should stop in the quill shop and get something for cas when he saw someone sitting on a bench. he looked familiar even though it took him a moment longer than it should be for him to place. "Connor?" he stated stopping in his tracks not necessarily surprised to see the man here but surprised to see him here.

Connor had taken to avoiding the harbour ever since his last confrontation with Kas, heart aching at the thought. The less chance he had of running into him, or god forbid, Lysander, the better. He had only come into town to pick up some things from Flourish & Blotts for his mum, and now he was going home. He was going home. As hard as it had been to come here, it was now hard to leave. Maybe Kas would see him, maybe he would come apologise, and everything would be okay again. He took a moment to sit down and catch his breath, glancing towards the Menagerie for a moment before looking away, pressing his face into his hands hard and taking a few breaths to try and calm himself down. This was stupid. He needed to leave.

Before he could betray himself by getting up and wandering closer to the Menagerie, Connor's thoughts were interrupted by a familiar voice. He looked up, heart dropping at the sight of Linden. He didn't want anyone seeing him like this, on the verge of a panic attack. "Hi." He croaked, quickly pulling his hands down in a feeble attempt to pretend he hadn't been about to cry.

Linden hadn’t seen Connor for ages. They had exchanged a few letters since school. As he was pretty sure thinking back to it he hadn’t seen Connor since he had graduated. And the disaster that had been the end of his sixth year. He had heard a few rounoirs. But really had not expected to see him like this. If he had been asked three years ago what he thought he would have said Connor wool be playing quidditch and well successful not here. With a look in his eyes that he recognised from the number of times he had seen it in Caspers. He had to think of what to do. If it had been cas sitting there he would have sat next to him. Put an arm around him and said that he was okay. And that he was there. But Connor wasn’t cas. They didn’t have the same history, Connor had more pride. More ego. He could just pretend that nothing was happening. That was an option. mate. It has been ages. I kept meaning to write but i didn’t know what to say.” he said his tone light. His accent maybe a touch thicker than usual which often occurred when speaking with other Australians. are you alright?” he asked. The bravado slipping from his voice like a wet fish leaving behind just the sincerity he had for someone he saw as his friend.

This was a disaster. Things almost couldn't be worse. He took a shaky breath and tried to pull himself together as quickly as possible, relieved that Linden didn't comment on his state. "Oh, uh, yeah, I've been pretty crap at letters too, sorry." He said, surprised at how even his voice came out, though he knew his face was betraying his emotions clearly. It fell apart a bit when Linden asked if he was okay and he covered his face again, taking a shaky breath to try and pull himself together. "I - fine, yeah..." He croaked out. "Great. It's great."

Linden hadn’t expected to see Connor like this. Well he supposed he hadn’t expected to see Connor at all. But that wasn’t the point. He nodded when he said that he had been crap at letters as well guess it was a lame idea really. But there weren’t many options when I was at school he said. Thought that was a year ago. He was trying to ignoslre the expression on the older man’s face. The tension that looked about to break. Any remaining facade he was holding diminishing with connors croaking reply.
maybe he was spending too much time with cas. He was definitely spending more time with cas, Or maybe since his injury he was feeling a little more empathetic to those in pain even though it was unlikely to be the same kind of pain. He moved around and sat beside Connor putting an arm around resting between his shoulders absently rubbing slightly like how he did when cas was about to break down or Ivy was upset. it’s okay not to be fine or great. You can be un-fine and terrible if that is how you are feeling he said.

Connor shook his head, trying to keep himself together. "No, it was a good idea. Letters are cool. I just.... yeah." He sighed. "Stuff's been hard. That's all." He took a few more slow breaths, fighting hard to push down the rising panic. All he wanted was to flee. He shook his head quickly when Linden said he didn't have to be fine. "No, I'm fine." He repeated, more firmly, and yet managed to sound less certain despite himself. Scrambling for anything else to say, he looked at Linden, realising it was the first time he had taken him in properly. "What happened to you?"

linden kept his hand on Connors back in a way he hoped was somewhat reassuring as the other man breathed "Yeah I guess life and everything gets in the way" he said. he had been busy with work. and officially moving in with cas. and man he was enjoying it though he did miss seeing his younger sister as much she was always excited to come over for weekly dinner and movies which had now become a bit of a tradition sometimes willow coming and the twins and Stan they just needed tara to finish school and make it a full house. when Connor again repeated that he was fine he nodded. "Okay. I won't keep bugging you" he said giving his back one last rub before slightly further away so that he was sitting next to Connor as opposed to close to him.
from this new position they could see each other a bit easier. He caught the other man looking at his burns and smiled weakly. they were a lot better now than they had been but still looked and were rather red and sore. "Oh, yeah, I got a tad too close to the hot end of a dragon" he said. if someone didn't know him they may have thought he was joking, he was making a little bit light of what had been a scary situation but he had indeed been closer than he would have liked to a dragon. he was grateful for the healers and their work. which should mean he would make a full recovery.

Connor nodded silently, glad Linden understood. Even if his mental health had been in perfect condition, he doubted he would have found time to write much between work and the coursework he should have been doing for the night classes he had now dropped out of. As Linden moved away he couldn't quite keep his eyes off the burns on the other man's face, as much as he knew he shouldn't stare. "Oh..." He winced as Linden explained, thinking back with a pang to when they had studied dragons at school. As justified as he felt in his old fears, thinking of the day reminded him of Lysander's insistence that they should look at the dragons together, memories from another life when he could trust the people he considered friends. "Is it... going to heal okay?" He asked hesitantly. Connor didn't know what dragonfire did to a person's skin, and he really didn't want to find out first hand.

linden could see Connor visibly wince as he explained how he got burned. "yeah," he said giving a one-shouldered shrug. "It could have been a lot worse" he added. it still stung like hell which was why he was going with the short sleeves even in the winter weather but it was definitely better than it was. "The healers seem to think so. it will take a while, and i need to put ointment on it twice a day but cas is not letting me forget that" he said. it was almost surprising how when his boyfriend was distracted by an art project he kept forgetting basic things to look after himself like food and sleep but as soon as Lin needed care, Casper was there tub in hand twice a day like clockwork. it had taken some getting used to letting cas look after him but he really did appreciate it immensely.

As bad as he felt for Linden, Connor found it a relief talking about someone else's problems for once. His whole life had become consumed by his own struggles, and this was something that had nothing to do with him, something he could feel bad about without having to be involved at all. Or so he thought. His entire body tensed up at once and he looked at Linden in disbelief. "You're... spending time with Kas?" He asked shakily.

linden was confused. why was connor so shocked by the thought of him and cas hanging out. he tried to think back to their past interactions. he had written to him back in seventh year. but come to think about it he probably mentioned Lucas more than cas. he had run into him in the mall a few months ago just as he was changing jobs but couldn't remember what they had spoken about. maybe he hadn't told him. maybe it was something that had missed the devils snare of gossip that usually moved quickly through the wizarding world. though even if he had somehow missed out of the news that they were dating they had always been close friends, he wouldn't think it would have been that surprising that they were hanging out. "Yeah... he said unsurely. "we have been dating for a year and a half. I thought you knew" he said, treading carefully. he didn't think cas and connor ever really had much in common, cas thought connor didn't like him, though judging by connors reaction maybe there was something going on with that more than just caspers anxiety.

Connor felt any last drops of comfort crystallise to ice in his veins. Linden had been dating Kas? For over a year? "What?" He croaked, hardly believing what he was hearing. "And you... did he send you to spy on me?" He asked in disbelief. It seemed like the only option, but the thought made Connor feel sick. "Or... does he know you're talking to me at all? He - f*ck." Connor said shakily, getting to his feet. He knew he shouldn't still be hung up on a crush on someone who had made it clear he hated him, but... "I need to leave."

Linden was not expecting that kind of reaction from Connor. of course not why would he… he was interrupted. I doubt it. Seeing as I just ran into you and he was painting when I left home so he probably won’t move until it is ointment time” he said. As Connor got up he stood too. It had been a nice suprise to run into his friend even though he was starting to think that it was a rather one sided friendship. I didn’t think you two had ever been close. Or is there something going on that I missed? he said as Connor said he needed to go. He was a little disappointed at that. They had only just met and it wasn’t like Connor had been in a rush before. okay. But I’ll walk with you. There isn’t much else to do today. he said.

Connor's head was spinning, hardly processing what Linden was saying. He laughed in disbelief. "We weren't close?!" He said shakily. "He was my best friend, before..." He shook his head, taking a step back. "No, I'm leaving. Don't f*cking talk to me, I'm... I can't, not if - I can't." He repeated, trying to pull himself together enough to be able to apparate home safely.

Linden was getting more and more confused. "what do you mean he was your best friend? I didn't think you ever spoke." he said. "It would have been good if he had had other friends" he let out an exasperated sigh.
lin could feel himself heating up the fire nothing to do with the burnscars still marking his arm neck or face. "Is there any point ever being nice to you? I used to look up to you so much back at school. but every single time I try and talk you just don't get it" he said. trying to keep his tone steady but he could feel the tension in his words.

Connor's mind was spinning too fast to really process what Linden was talking about. Linden was dating Kas. After everything that had happened. He had had his suspicions about Lysander given everything that had happened, but Linden...? He winced as Linden spoke, taking a step back. "If you're really dating Kas, he won't want you talking to me." He spat. "I need to leave." Connor knew he wasn't quite put together enough to apparate yet, but there was no way he was going to be until he got out of this situation. So he did his best to pull himself together and apparated away, fighting back tears.

kinden was getting frustrated. "cas wouldn't care. or he would think it good that we have friends" he responded unintentionally classing them both as a 'we' instead of only himself. he rolled his eyes as Connor said, once again that he needed to go. "Fine leave." he said wondering how long it would take him to learn that Connor just didn't want to be friends with him no matter how he tried. no matter how much he had looked up to the older boy when they were at school he was starting to, once again, lose the respect that had somehow rebuilt itself while they had been apart. it was just then that he realised where the problem had been. maybe some misinterpretation. surly Connor hadn't thought he was dating Kasim? he didn't even like that Kas even though he had begged his mum to vote not guilty in his trial that hadn't been for Kas' benefit. and he was pretty sure that Kasim had disliked him for a long time. when they had worked together it had been bad enough and he was glad that they often took different shifts. "not Kasim, you idiot. Casper. I'm dating Casper" he shouted though the sound was drowned out by the crack of apperation leaving him standing alone shouting at the empty air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back