Opinions please!

Trixie Pompeii

Wand
Almond Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Phoenix Tail Feather
I've started making some of my own banners, I don't really know how good they are so I'd like to hear people's opinions. And which is your favourite? Any tips would be greatly appreciated! :)

(i know they aren't perfect but like I said, I'm pretty new to it!)

finishedbanner.jpg

Foter_Photo.jpg

Fototo.jpg

G.jpg

finishedbanner2.jpg

jpg.jpg

Fot.jpg

[p.s. I know they're pretty huge, they still need resizing :) ]

Okay,Trixie..so here is my opinion..Well,I am already a member of the banner and been doing banners for a year..

They are all great you have done good..Some images I observed are just being like copy and pasted..No offense please!!Like the second and the last one..

You can check my samples..I have updated them..

The last one is definitely my favourite, although "T.P." just makes me think "toilet paper!"

Some, like #2, have too much white space for my liking, but that might be just me.

Great work! I wish I could even come close to this kind of thing. I just downloaded Artweaver and am thoroughly perplexed by it.

thanks for the responses, i'm glad you liked them :)

yeah i agree about all the white space in number 2. it's kinda difficult to get pictures of her 'cause she doesn't seem to do many photoshoots, so i couldn't find any more to match that one!

my biggest problem at the moment is trying to get the backgrounds right. because i can't find many professional photos, most of the ones i use are from award ceremonies and premieres and stuff, and it's really difficult to get rid of the backgrounds so i ended up just blurring a few, do you think that looks ok, or is it a bit messy?

and i know what you mean about the tp thing, didn't notice that til after i'd made it :p

Can you change eye colors??

I think these are really good :D The 3rd, 6th and 7th are my favorites :D I think you're doing well so far ^_^ Some of them are a little patchy around the edges of the pictures, maybe just be more careful when cutting/colouring, it's hard to get the hang of, I hate cutting people out their backgrounds, I always have to mess around for ages with the eraser to take away jagged edges, if im not using the extract tool or magic wand tool in photoshop :/ !
I love your play-by by the way, she's cute :D !

I think you are doing well but there is something missing like finishing, what u say about tha?

Your banners are lovely :)
it takes time and patience and you are of course on your way
just keep mucking about with any old pics you can get your hands on, experiment away and make sure you go to the graphics area, the girls have some great tutorials there and tips and tricks

;) good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back