Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Saveli <3
Wand
Straight 10 1/2 Inch Whippy Cypress Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Reuben plucked another daisy and sighed. He'd been lying on his front for so long the grass had made his robes damp, but he couldn't quite yet bring himself to move from the lakefront. It was easy to think in front of the still water.

Charlotte skipped her way over to the lakefront when she spotted a dark haired boy who she had recognised lying face down on the grass. She knew that it was Reuben considering the colour of his robes and smiled as she sat down next to him, hoping that he was in a good enough mood to talk. "Hello Reuben!" she exclaimed cheerfully, in quite a happy tone. She hoped it would brush off on him considering how unhappy he seemed to be. "Everything alright?"

Reuben startled at the voice behind him, but then relaxed into a friendly smile. It was only Charlotte. "Hey, Charlie," he said, tossing the daisy in his hands out onto the water. "I guess. Did you find a date to the Yule Ball yet?" From the tone of the Hufflepuffs's voice it was evident this was a friendly enquiry and not an attempt to ask her out.

Charlotte was a bit confused when Reuben called her Charlie but still knew what he meant nonetheless. He was the only one who ever called her that so it was slightly different to be hearing someone refer to her in such a way. "The Yule Ball?" Charlotte said when he mentioned it. Truthfully, she hadn't thought of it at all and didn't even know people brought dates with them. "I always go by myself." She chuckled, unsure whether or not that was the right answer.

Reuben nodded. "Right; I remember." The Hufflepuff sighed, worries that had been plaguing him for weeks threatening to spill out all at once with no warning. Maybe it was because Charlotte had once done the same to him. Whatever it was, Reuben felt strangely like he could trust her. Looking down at the grass, he said, "I asked two girls, but they both said no. But... can I tell you something?" Reuben began to blush. "Phoebe accidentally kissed me the other day, and it felt... I dunno. Weird. The thing is, I'm just not very interested in girls." Tears suddenly welled in the boy's eyes, and he brushed them away, only for them to be quickly replaced with new ones. "Rudolf is - so why aren't I?" Sniffing, Reuben looked to Charlotte for answers.

Charlotte nodded and kept quiet as Reuben spoke. She didn't know who Pheobe was and probably wasn't the best person to go to for love advice but she felt a sort of soft spot for him, frowning as he questioned his sexuality and began to cry. "So what if Rudolf is and you aren't?" she told him, giving him a reassuring smile. "Not everyone is the same and it's perfectly fine no matter which way you go. I'll hex anyone who tells you otherwise." Charlotte chuckled slightly, hoping that her words would make the boy feel better. She had no idea how he felt and didn't know if she ever would but was willing to make her friend feel comfortable in his shoes nonetheless.

Reuben nodded and wiped his eyes dry on his sleeve, attempting to preserve his manhood. "Yea, I guess you're right," he said, but he still didn't look sure. "I mean, I'm not that interested in boys either. I don't think..." Reuben's face screwed up miserably. He'd managed to find Amy cute, at least. But then he also thought Damide Snow was cute, and Asier Rosatta, and Professor Haden. "I don't think it's a bad thing. I just don't want to be different. Don't want to give Rudolf any more reasons to avoid me." Where was this coming from? Reuben sighed, searching Charlotte for the loathing he harboured for himself. Earnestly he asked her, "Do you think I'm a loser?"

Charlotte gave Reuben a reassuring pat on the back as he wiped away his tears. She hated to see people upset and she didn't want anyone walking past to think that she was the cause of his sadness. The fact that the boy's twin had been avoiding him just made Charlotte frown, wondering how on earth he could do that to his other half. Reuben didn't deserve to be treated like that and she found it even worse that he had to ask her such a question. "Of course I don't think you're a loser!" Charlotte said, finding it hard to understand why Reuben would think she did. "We're only young and I don't think you should take it to heart. There are many more opportunities to find a perfect date for the Yule Ball." She smiled at him, hoping that he was able to smile too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back