One to many wrong turns.

Alexa Venturino

Alexa Venturino began to wander from her brothers, they didn't seem to mind as they went off in their world of fashion for men. She opened the door to the store and stepped out into the bright street. Walking around she noticed alot of different people out and about, soon she lost herself in the crowd and quickly ducked into a darkly light alleyway called Bleak Street. Curious, Alexa continued on down the twisted sidewalk noting the number of people seemed few here. Glancing into windows of shops the objects inside became even weirder as she went farther in. Her mind and heart began to panic as she saw some crazy looking people, but she seemed to blend in with her dark coat that covered her bright dress. She was thankful to that, as she was sure not many people who came here were fond of bright colors.

Alexa stopped infront of one shop that seemed to be a sort of oddity shop. There were Shrunken Heads, skulls and bones, but also jewelery could be seen through the window. She considered going inside of the store called Borgin and Burkes, but her gut told her not to so she quickly turned from the window and begin her trek again, however she was stopped as soon as she started by running into another person.

Andrew was spending his break in St.Mungo's. Yes, his lunch break because now, thanks to Merlin he had a job, he was a Healer in St.Mungo's and he was proud of it but of course he spent his breaks with Adira and other friends. Today however he was disappointed to know that Adira had gone out to get some supplies for the restaurant and after a boring lunch he had some time to kill, he wondered what he should do. As he was walking through the Bleak Street he spotted a girl, about fifteen years old who seemed to have lost her way and was gazing into the shops but he gathered that she was afraid to go into them.

With a smirk he walked to her before he found the girl walking away quickly from something and was almost running into him. "You could take it a little slow" he said to her with a smile as he watched her face which showed that she was clearly lost and a little scared. "Why don't you go into Borgin and Burkes if you like the jewelry?" he asked her kindly.

Alexa looked up to the person she ran into. He seemed to be a few years older then her, and much wiser. Though she was suprised to see a kind face in the dark alleyway, which made her distrust him more then she would another stranger. "Oh, I am sorry I didn't mean to run into you," she said pulling her summer coat closer to her. She began to wonder why she let Jace pick out her outfit for the day, she would have been better off with a blouse and jeans with her coat then the dress. Though it was summer meaning prefect time to wear dresses she felt exposed in them, now more then before.

Alexa plucked at the light fabric her summer coat was made of. "I don't think those are the kinds of stores I'd know how to shop in. No doubt the jewl- wait, how'd you know I was looking at the jewlery? There's plenty of other things in the windows," she said curiously eyeing the man in front of her. His hair was pushed back and he seemed dressed for work, but she couldn't see him working in one of the shops surrounding them.

Andrew nodded as she apologized, of course she didn't meant to run into him but now that she had he wasn't in mood of letting her run out, letting her go. "No that's okay. I usually like it when people run into me" he said, a smirk playing on his lips as he released a dark aura but it was not something the girl would detect after all she was younger, a kid. He looked at her from her sandals to her hair, she seemed like an ordinary young witch who had lost her way into Bleak Street wearing a summer dress and a coat with a sweet smile but he knew how to play his cards to make her something different, like an experiment of sort.

He grinned as he heard her ask how he knew she was interested in the jewelry, she was smart as well to spot that out. "Someone like you doesn't seem like they could be buying skulls so I gave a guess towards the jewelry" he told her with a smile. "Would you like me to help you to shop in there?"he asked her.

Alexa was confused at his first statement, most people would be angry if someone ran into them. He seemed more relaxed then most people though, similar to Dyfan who was like an old man in many ways. She sensed something was alittle off about him when he smirked at her but she shrugged it off. Now that they had been talking he did seem to have a bit of a presence that was suited for the alleyway. Not a creeper sort of person, but a dark figure is what he seemed like.

Alexa shifted on her feet changing her weight around as he offered to help her shop inside the store. The feeling that first had her walking from the store came back stronger now but she felt the need to ignore it. Either she goes with the person she doesn't know or she stuck with her brothers again. "I think, I think that it would be nice to have someone who knows how to shop in these stores here, but I don't think there's much I'd find around here to my fancy," she stated trying to calm her nerves. Alexa wasn't the sort of girl used to talking to strangers, but something seemed like this person talking to her wasn't going to hurt her, at least not today. "I'm Alexa Venturino," she said holding her hand out towards him.

Andrew was almost wishing he could know what was going on in her head, it would be interesting to find out what went in there before she came to her conclusion on whether she would accept or reject his company but he was sure it would be the first one, he hadn't met someone who would reject his company. He gave her another smile, a rather comforting one hoping she wouldn't be scared or frightened of him. "I've known many people who don't fancy this street and seen them change" he told her hoping he could make her one of them. "How about I show you around the street and take you to a fine restaurant I know here, I'm sure you'll like it there" he offered her with a grin.

He knew Adira wouldn't mind his little plan on the experiment and he wasn't worried about getting his fiancée upset. "Alexa, that's a pretty name for the pretty face" he told her with another smile, but it wasn't his flirty one. He had his girl, Adira and wasn't interested in flirting with this younger girl but if he could lure her away from the right path by being nice than that of course wouldn't hurt. "I'm Andrew Bruke" he said shaking her hand.

Alexa could sense the wheels turning in his brain as he thought about something before replying to her. "Oh, have you?" She questioned looking around at the street. Though it didn't have the traditional feel of a good shopping street it did almost call to her. This made her turn back to Andrew and state an answer. "And what would the menu be like of this 'fancy restaurant?" She asked in a tone that meant she was agreeing to go.

Getting the sense he was being friendlier than anything else; Alexa didn't feel like he was trying to hit on her which comforted her. She didn't need to deal with her brothers getting defensive over her if she had a boy friend, Alexa could barely stand at the moment anyway. Though she did feel the want to tell him she did have brothers that could do damage to him, he seemed to the type of person that could handle himself against two 15 year-olds. And that was the type of person Alexa wanted to be, strong.

Andrew smiled as she questioned him, it told her that she would not easily put her trust into his hands but Andrew knew how to get his way round things. "Fries, sandwich, burger, fish, chicken, steak, other meat and lots of different drinks to chose from" he said with a smile, it almost seemed he was advertising the Poison Ater and that suited Adira more than him. He was getting the feeling she was considering his choice, almost positive that she would agree.

"So shall we go?"he asked her offering her his hand. If she would still hesitate, he would try better but he did want so much to have an experiment of his own and Alexa Venturino seemed just perfect, careful and innocent to be turned into something that was more respected in his world, that would in future be hers as well.

Alexa got the feeling the place would just be like any other restaurant she find on the other side of town. She wasn't sure why she asked him, but a part of her almost believed they would ahve fried fingers and brains as the entre' down on this street. "Well that sounds like a normal type of place," she stated glancing around the street again. The other people were dressed rags and staring openly at them, they seemed well nurished, like it was their choice to be in these dark streets dressed in filth, she planned on being different then them if she ever spent more time on Bleak Street, more like Andrew Bruke who seemed well off, though still young.

"Alright then, show me the highlights of this street," she said taking a place next to him. Alexa didn't have full trust in this Andrew yet, and apparating wasn't something she would looking forward to if he is as dark as his presence seemed, so she didn't take his hand or arm. Though she did give him a look saying she was ready.

Andrew smiled as Alexa agreed to go with him but she was clever to not trust him with apparation. He started walking into the Bleak Street as he watched some familiar faces and curious eyes watch them but as usual Andrew ignored it all. "This is the Silver Snake, one of the unique shops around here. It sells all sorts of things books, potions and once it used to sell magical Kimono's that could make you look thin and prettier" he told her with a twinkle in his eyes. He knew the topics Alexa would like.

He remembered Mallory to have won one such Kimono on a Halloween party. They walked a little further passing other infamous shops like Borgin and Burkes and then came two turns, a right and a left one. The right would lead them to the Darker Part of the Alley as it was known although Andrew had made several visits there and had returned without a scratch but their destination was on the left, the Poison Ater. Just as they cut the corner his personal favorite restaurant stood before them. "Here you are" he said as the door swung open magically.

Alexa followed slightly behind Andrew as he lead her through the street showing her the stores. Slightly unnerved by the looks they were getting she moved closer to Andrew, like she would with her brothers when she wanted to hide from peoples stares. "My brother Jace says I'm already too skinny and pretty enough for any boy out there," she stated shrugging her shoulders, she did think it could be a lie Jace had told her but she wouldn't ever be sure around Jace.

Alexa glanced at all the stores they were passing, some she remembered reading about in History books. Others and their supplies were completely new to her. Her face light up when she saw something she'd like, but she would quickly hide the fact and go back to a curious look. As Andrew moved her to the left she glanced down the other way it was darker then the rest of the street, and gave her slight chills knowing someone could be looking at her and she wouldn't be able to see them. She looked back forward and realized they made it to the restaurant he told her about, the Poison After. "Thank you," she said stepping into the restaurant.

OOCOut of Character:
Should we start a new topic in the Poison After now maybe?

Andrew smiled and nodded as Alexa sais she was already too skinny and pretty. "Jace is very right. Do you have a boyfriend then?"she asked Alexa wondering if she was seeing anyone. Judging by her shyness he guessed not but surely she had her crushes, he wondered if he turned her to the other side, would anyone care? "How many siblings do you have?"he asked her. He did have to know her family background, make sure she had good blood before he took his experiment further. "I was the only child, orphan and raised in a muggle orphanage" he told her feeling like he could kill himself for having been raised in such a filthy place.

He grinned as he returned to his favorite restaurant that he had just left a few minutes ago. It was as always filled with familiar faces but as he knew already, Adira Ater wasn't here. "You're welcome" he said as he led her to one of the corner tables, his usual spot in here. "Do you like the atmosphere in here?"he asked her as he pulled out her chair for her to seat and then sat on his own opposite her. He always loved the little busy restaurant where respected people came and ate. The scents of the delicious food and the drinks was always welcoming like today.
OOCOut of Character:
I guess we should continue here or it would be wasting topics :r

Alexa slightly glared when he agreed with her brother. She really didn't like anything Jace said about her, though most of it was him trying to be nice to her, she could see the fakeness shining through. Alexa looked up at him through her lashes, "No, being raised in Aussieland next door and having to come here to transfer then homeschooling doesn't leave time for a boyfriend," she answered flatly. She began to wonder where he was going with the whole tour and lunch bit, but for now it didn't concern her to much to worry about it. "Three, my two brothers; we are triplets. And then my younger sister Rae," she said curiously glancing at him before looking back around and listening to what he was saying about his past. "Really? It must have been boring, they don't know anything, muggles. Did you have to go back every summer?" She questioned wondering why his past lead him to be dressed nicely but lurking on Bleak Street.

Alexa let him lead her to a table which was most likely his favorite being he seemed to like and know the place so well. "It's nice. Very bustling and comfertable," Alexa answered the question as she pulled open the menu that had been on the table. She was glad he had choosen the table across from her to sit down, it would have weirded her out to have him any closer; her thoughts would have turned to worry then. "What do you like to eat from here?" She asked not sure of anything on the menu, she never had a favorite type of food leaning more towards the lets try everything, sort of girl.

Andrew listened to Alexa as she spoke how she didn't have time for a boyfriend. "How come you're being homeschooled if you were to transfer?"he asked her curiously wondering if Alexa didn't get accepted at Hogwarts, he had never heard that before, he wondered if she didn't meet the standards. From their conversation he could quite imagine her being any less than other witches her age than why was she being home schooled? "Triplets, that's cool. Do you guys do all things together?"he asked her. If there was one thing Andrew missed in his life more than his mother, it was the hope to have a sibling, he had been very lonely. He did have a bunch of friends, more than a bunch but he didn't have anyone for a sibling and when he thought of it, it made him sad.

He grinned as she said muggles didn't know anything, that was a good thing to hear, more than he had expected but just what he needed. So she was anti-muggle, he had just found his building block. "Oh no, I didn't have to go back" he told Alexa. "I discovered to have a godmother who took me in from my first year" he explained."I'm glad you like it" he said with a smile. One of the familiar waiters who always took his order came up to them and asked what they would like to have. "I usually have Pasta and sometimes Pizza but I've just had my lunch today so I'll just get a chocolate sundae" he told her and watched the waiter note it down with his magic quill.

"We've always been homeschooled. But our parents want to travel so they sent us here to be transfered but no transfers were excepted this year," she said sounding boredly, she didn't really enjoy explaining things to people, and she didn't really know the guy so she didn't want to give to much away. "Unfortunatly, we do. Our parents are afraid that if we get to far from each other we'll never be able to get along. Which really pressing us togather is pulling us apart, I can't stand my brothers, especially Jace," she said disgust written on her face for a brief moment.

Alexa slightly smiled at his grin, he was still in a good mood which she hoped meant he wasn't up to anything terrible. Listening to what he was saying about the orphanage and his godmother she felt happy for him. It would have been hard to go to school only to return to a place you have to hide yourself. "That must have been nice for you, and I think I'll actually get the fish and chips," she said smiling to the waiter. She always wondered why british people found the food to be a favorite and now she'll get to know.

"I see" he said as he heard her explain why they were home schooled. He wasn't aware that Hogwarts hadn't accepted transfers this year, he wondered why that had been. He laughed as the girl complained about not liking one of her triplets, maybe she was like those who didn't like siblings. He wondered why those who had siblings didn't like that and why those who didn't always wanted them, the world was weird. "Jace must be unlucky not to be on good terms with you" he said thoughtfully wondering why siblings fought, was it because they had to share things? He could never know.

The waiter took their order and Andrew continued further on his investigation, or rather as he liked to call it, 'getting to know his subject of experiment'. "What do your parents do, are they both wizards?"he asked Alexa, his eyes showing curiosity in a good way but it was just details, the procedure he had to go through. "I'm a healer, at St,Mungo's" he told her. Giving away a little more wasn't harmful especially because he had to make sure the girl trusted him.

Alexa didn't explain more as he said Jace was unlucky. Her brother wasn't ever on the best of terms with her, they always fought over Dyfan to play with when they were little and now it's no different. Continuely fighting over attention and Alexa is tired of it.

"My parents, hmm, they are a bit hard to explain but yes both are wizards. My family is amost considered pureblood however it rests on my generation to make it so, but knowing Jace he'll marry the first muggle he meets once we're done with school just to displease the rest of the family," she said noticing the curiosity in his eyes. She wasn't sure what game he was playing but it was nice to talk to someone besides her tutor and brothers. "A Healer? Really, I didn't picture you as one," she slightly mumbled as she glanced around the room.

Andrew was pleased as the girl spoke of her family and her parents being wizards. "It shall be a pity if your brother ruins the bloodline" he said really meaning it. If her brother married a muggle, like his mother had married her father it would be very shameful. "Many people don't see me as one, but then my face doesn't give away so much about me" he said with a chuckle and a wink. "Its just my love for medicine, potions and herbs that led me to that profession. Opening a potion store wasn't mind kind of thing" he told her as ate his ice cream. It was tasting very nice especially since it was summer and the baking hot sun was heating up everything in sight.

Alexa nodded her head, it had been her great grandmother who wanted the family to be pure and she wished they make her wish come true. She knew Jace would most likely even go as far as to marry a muggle boy as well, the boy part she knew about from over hearing her two brothers talking. He could be taken care of easy enough by a dark wizard, she thought secretly in her head. "You seem to dark to want to heal people, more like hurt them instead," she stated to him. She had been holding in that feeling for a while, and she still didn't understand why she had agreed to go with him when she felt darkness around him.

On Alexa's next words, Andrew could do nothing but smile in his mind and yet manage to keep a poker face. He had learnt well how to control his facial expressions and emotions over the years and he never let anything go away unless he wanted too. "Those who need to be hurt are taken care of but not inside the hospital, that's a place for treatment. Then again, there are different type of treatments. Only a Healer would know if the patient is being treated in the right manner or is rather being gifted a disease in an attractive wrapping" he explained her. "And for every patient there is a different treatment" he added with a smirk. He knew he wasn't giving away too much and this was just what she needed to know for now, until she revealed her motives. "Would you be having a patient in mind?"he asked her.

Alexa raised her eyebrows at what Andrew was saying to her. She got that he wasn't exactly talking about his patients at the hospital, the dark feeling that gave her the chills was coming back and her stomach was saying run. However she stayed in her seat and thought about it for a moment. She was tempted to say Jace, but family was family and unless he did something to ruin the family there was nothing she could do about him now. "Potentially, there could be," she paused slightly glancing over at Andrew from her food, "a few." Alexa wondered what he really was, what he did in his spare time when he wasn't working as a Healer. His face really didn't give away much about him nor did the rest of him. But it didn't matter much what or who he was as long as he could help her overcome those who put her down and those who deserve, a special treatment. "Being a healer sounds, interesting. What qualifications would one need as far as grades at school?" She asked interested in knowing more about him but in a loop hole sort of way, he could easily give something away when talking about the past and not even know, that much she knew. Alexa briefly wondered what side of his 'healer' job he was going to give her, prehaps both.

Andrew wasn't expecting her to run of course, he knew her better than that because if she had wanted to run off she wouldn't have entered the Poison Ater with him in the first place. He just smiled as she said there could be a few. He wasn't really convinced she wanted to know about school grades, not after what he had just hinted her however he decided to get on with her questions. "Well you need your potions, Herbology, a bit of charms, Care of Magical Creatures and good knowledge on curses and their treatments" he told her. She would have to do better than that if she wanted to know more. "I don't suppose you want to be a healer?"he said curiously. "You could treat those few yourselves then, but it would have to wait a while" he told her with a mischievous grin. "Unless you'd share with someone who could help you instantly" he added before he ordered chilled water for himself.

Alexa leaned back in her seat intrigue by the conversation and it's course. His smile was devious almost in her mind. She wasn't afriad of him or the place but she did need to tell her stomach to not freak every time his face hinted to his dark side. "Of course," she said slowly thinking about the classes she was taking as a home schooling program. They were all in there, and her grades were high enough she could easily gain a job at any magical hospital. "It's not really my calling, but I'm only 15 I still have time to make decisions," she let on, though he most likely already figured out she wasn't one for healing people. Thinking on the people who she hinted could use 'treatment' she knew she'd rather do so herself then stand around and watch another person to her bidding. "I think I'm more interested in the long run. I enjoy doing things myself instead of handing it over to others," she said her face blank of emotion. Alexa figured she was letting him down slightly, or ruining his fun by not giving up any names.

Andrew nodded as Alexa said she still had time for making decisions. He was a bit annoyed when she did not give out any names like he had expected her. She was more secretive than he had thought and it was going to take more than one meeting to side track her and make her an experiment. "Of course" he said managing a smile. "I myself prefer doing my own things rather than having others do it, it ensures that its done exactly as I want" he told her. "But maybe you would like a mentor to help you through your way" he offered.

Alexa was glad he seemed to understand, it meant he could help her in the long run. She didn't except him to enjoy her not giving away her names, and she sensed her guess had been right by his slight change in attitude. "Sure, most people do enjoy doing their own work unless they are too high and mighty to do it themselves. In which case I find those people to be weak," she added on, knowing weak was the opposite of what she wanted to be. Alexa thought on the mentor offer, she wondered when they would meet what exactly she would learn from a mentor in the kind of magic she was sure he was refering too. "I think, it could be a possibility," Alexa mumbled, though she found Andrew interesting she wasn't sure if she really should spend time around him without knowing more. "Tell me, after having a mentor what exactly would I be?" She questioned unsure if she wanted to be considered evil in the way most people of as villians.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back