One Thursday Afternoon

Collin Jin

It was one Thursday afternoon when thelakefront was abandoned by most people. Collin brought his cello all the way to the lakefront as he placed it to the ground and began to play a beautiful classical song. Most kids on his age dislike Classical music however he enjoyed it very well. He closed his eyes as he played the cello, the instrument was beautiful enough for him. He could not help but smile after hearing the sound of the instrument.

He stopped after hearing a footstep. "Who is it?" He asked and then continue playing, he didn't mind if someone would want to come toward him and listen. He had done that since he was little, being in big concert either with muggle of wizard it was a concert. He was proud that he could play the instrument pretty well.

Some students in Hogwarts had been trying to stop him from playing cello since they hated the sound of it, they hated classical and he couldn't understand why. Especially the Slytherins, they had been trying to stop him from playing but he didn't care. He was used to be treated like that, Cherie had always been a pain and that was how he got him self trained.

Collin was actually quiet surprise when he found out that Cherie was in Gryffindor, he thought she would end up in Slytherin but the hat knows what's best. He played the cello a little louder, he had missed her even though they would end up in a fight again b ut Collin missed his twin sister badly. He then heard the foot step but he didn't care he continue playing the cello. Back in the USA girls would hide behind the bushes just to see him playing and he was proud of it.

Sapphire was not hiding in a bush. She was hiding in a tree. There was a difference. She wasn't actually hiding. She had been trying to see if she could find wood so she could see if she could make a wand herself. She had already gotten what she had been sure was unicorn hair from the edges of the forest and she wanted to see if she could find the proper wood trees where at school. She wasn't having any luck and anyway she got the feeling that her own wand would be somewhat offended.

Sapphire had heard the sound of classical music coming from below and stopped in her tracks. There was nothing Sapphire didn't love more than Chopin or maybe Mozart especially if Ruby was playing it. Hearing the music she sat down on the branch that she had been standing on. The music made Sapphire think of her siblings. All of the Clow siblings played something whether classical or not. More over the music reminded her of Ruby. Poor Ruby that she had left at the mercy of their demonic youngest brother.

At this Sapphire got up, fully planing on leaving whoever was playing to his music when the branch cracked. She fell not to far from where the music was coming from. She moaned softly and rubbed her side before stepping forward, cracking a branch. She was sure that whoever had been playing had heard her. She looked up her eyes wide and blushed unexpectedly. They person who had been playing was Collen.

(Sorry its short)

Koboshi approached silently as she listened to the beautiful classical music. She wondered if she could dance to this kind of music. She had never really tried before but she figured it wouldn't be that hard. She smiled slightly as she walked closer and sat beside him. "I love your music, its very beautiful, do you mind if I try and dance to it?" She asked as she pulled out her Japanese fan. She was wearing her Slytherin uniform but it would be ok to dance in, she hoped.

Collin smile as he heard a female's voice. "Afternoon" He greeted as the tempo of his song turned into a different tempo. Collin could play traditional Chinese song and also Japanese and Korean, the beat, the note started to change drastically into a traditional Japanese. He knew the cello wont suit it but he could always give it a try. Collin was quiet surprise when he saw the girl was in Slytherin robes. He started playing louder as his emotion flew through the song. Right after the song finish, Collin heard a loud crack. He placed his cello on the ground as he twist him self facing the south trying to see what happen. He ran to the source of the sound and found out that an acquaintance of his was on the ground. He took her hand gently helping her to get up. "Are you okay?" Collin couldn't really remember the name but he remember her face. He then look back at the Slytherin girl "Hey I'm Collin" He introduced him self not wanting to be called rude.

Sapphire was so emberressed she wanted to die but all she did was nodd and push her glasses up her nose. She had been lucky that they hadn't broken. Sapphire gulped and smiled meekly as she looked down at her shoes, her cheeks a bright red. I'm fine. Sapphire signed with one hand then placed it back behind her back. It was even more emberessing that a Slytherin had seen her fall like this with leaves all over her hair. Sapphire wanted to run and hide for the rest of forever but she knew that this would only make her seem silly and weak.

Koboshi started dancing as the music flowed into Traditional Japanese. It kind of sounded weird, but not altogther unpleasant. She twisted, turned and glided across the grass as the tempo changed. She smiled as she enjoyed the familiar rhythem of her body. She had been dancing since she was 18 months old. Her mother was a famous traditional dancer back in Japan. She wouldn't mind the fame either.

Soon the music finished and she finished her dance. Then she heard a rather loud noise. "What in the world was that?!" She asked rather loudly in Japanese. Then she followed the boy over to the source of the noise. A girl had fallen out of the tree. "Well, how dumb can you get?" She criticised looking the girl over. She pushed her glasses up her nose and blushed.

Koboshi snorted and looked at her as she seemed to sign something. "You can't talk?" She asked slightly shocked. She hoped this girl could talk because she had a soft spot for misfortunate people and if this girl couldn't talk she'd qualify. "Does every-one in this school, know I won't be mean if they are misfortunate?!" She asked sighing loudly.

She then looked at the boy who introduced himself as Collin. "Oh, hi, I'm Aik- oops I mean I'm Koboshi Aiko" She said forgetting to use her first name first and her last name last. She wondered how long it would take her to leanr and remember. She sighed. She hoped it wouldn't take too long.

Collin helped the girl up and then looked back at the girl named Koboshi. Cherie would loved to be friends with her if only she was in Slytherin. Collin pictured Koboshi dancing a Japanese traditional dance, the movement of it was lovely, he had never seen one before. "Pleasure to meet you" He smiled as he took the girl's hand and kissed it and let it go. He had loved doing that, be used to see his baba (papa) did that to every woman he met. But Collin didn't know that older woman and kids had different way of thinking, some of the kids hated Collin for doing that but it was a habit of his, he couldn't stop himself from doing it.

He then looked back at the girl that fell from the tree "Hey sorry I forgot your name, what is it again?" He smiled at her trying to be nice. He met her somewhere but he couldn't remember but what he did remember was the girl was reading a book and it was an awkward book. "What were you doing up there?" He stared at the tree trying to figure out what the girl was doing.

Koboshi nodded at the boy as he kissed her hand. She was a bit awkward about it but she didn't overly mind it. She smiled slightly at him and returned his greeting with a bow. "My pleasure aswell" She said keeping her eyes on him. She then looked at the girl that had been in the tree. "So, girl, yes, why were you in the tree?" She asked looking up down at the fallen log.

((Oh Gawd, sorry for the length))

Sapphire narrowed her eyes at the girl. She never liked pitty. Empathy because she didn't have a voice she could understand, sympathy she could stand but pitty wound her up tightly. No. I can't talk. Sapphire signed so the clearly ingnorant girl would understand. I may not be able to talk but that only meant that what I have to make understood is something worth knowing unlike girls like you who seem to talk and talk and talk and not say a thing. She signed not caring if the girl wouldn't understand. Sapphire hoped she wouldn't understand so it would a secret between her and herself. This also meant that she could insult the girl in signs and she wouldn't understand a word of it.

Collin asked her what her name was and Sapphire ler out a soft breath. She pulled out a Sapphire pendent from her pocket and showed it to Collin. That's my name. She signed with one hand. Sapphire put it away after she had been sure that they had gotten enough time to get the hint then started to sign again. I was making seeing if I could make a wand. She had been. She knew that there was a very good chance of it not working but still she could try.

Collin rose his eyebrow as she told him that the girl was trying to make a wand. "Wow... You're incredible" He smiled, making wands wasn't a dream of his but potion amaze him. He had hope that he could get good grades especially potion. "Making wand is incredibly hard" He chuckle especially for first years, they knew nothing about performing magic.

Collin then turn to the Japanese girl "So what brings you here? To the lake?" He asked her randomly. He didn't mind that the little jam session of his was distracted especially by girls. He knew if his sister were there, she would either ruin his mood or pretend being his girlfriend.

Koboshi smirked at the girl. "Sorry, Sapphire was it, but I have a friend who also can't speak, so I know sign language" She said as she watched the girl sign away. She must get pretty lonely. She turned back to Collin ignoring Sapphire. "Well, I usually come here to practice my dansu." She said looking at him. "Then I heard your music and I came to see" She said smiling at him.

Sapphire blushed slightly when Collin called her incredible. I just wanted to know if I could do it. Know my limits you know Sapphire sighed. It was conferable knowing that Collin knew that Sapphire was talking about so she didn't have to go to the lainthes she usually did when she was trying to get people to know what she was saying. That and he had called her incredible. That was not something that someone called her often.

The pity girl said that she had a friend couldn't speak either and Sapphire let out a huff. Does do they ask you to be sorry for them too? She asked. Again Sapphire was rather sorry that she didn't have a tone or she would have sounded very sarcastic. Like her the girl had been drawn here by Collin's music. Sapphire knew that music had that effect on people but she also knew that if she spent much longer in the presence of this girl she would have to do something that was going to be very unHufflepuff of her.

Collin eyed Koboshi, still thinking about dansu "What is dansu?" He asked with his American accent. He was amused that she could understand sign language, the girl was multi talented. Dance, sign language, what else? Collin had wish he knew a lot of language, he could barely master Chinese language. He could never read a Chinese book without English-> Chinese dictionary beside him. He had master some of them but not all, he was better in English and he never talk in Chinese with his sister, only sometime when he was talking about someone, he would speak in Chinese with Cherie but beside that he wont.

Collin then look to his right side where Sapphire was standing. She seemed to be a little offended but he wasn't sure if she was. "Well making your own wand is better than buying, I guess" He shrugged looking at her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back