One Last Good-Bye

Aglila Memnon

OOC First Name
Ali
Wand
Oak, 13 1/4", Unicorn Hair Core
Laying down on a large blanket, Lila was munching on pieces of Napoleon, her favorite French pastry, and had her other hand wrapped around the spine of a book, her fingers folded up to keep the pages open. It was a wonderful summer day, and she was not going to waste it inside. She knew that fall and winter would be coming soon, so she had to soak up as much sun as she could before the snow hit. It was undeniably cooler than it had been the last week, but still warm enough that quite a few students were out enjoying the sun. 'Must have the same thought process I do...' she thought. 'But my trip out here is to say goodbye to Beauxbattons...'

She finished the chapter she was on and folded the book neatly in her black leather purse. She put her hands behind her head, after brushing out her hair behind her, and looked up at the clouds. The weird thing about nature is that she was never really the out-door-sie type, but she did enjoy the sun. It reminded her so much of Greece and she blew her mother and family a kiss. It was strange, how far you could be from your family, yet how the smallest things could bring you that much more together. She smiled at the thought of the kiss landing on her mother's cheek as she worked in the sunlight all day. But things were... complicated. Her mother and her didn't really get along in person, but their letters and gestures supported that they still loved each other, even though communicating face to face was not really an option. Lila sighed and lowered her hand, resting it against her chest. Her thin black tank top and blue uniform skirt were just enough to keep her cool. It was the middle of the day and the sun was hotter. She continued to watch the clouds, lost in thought, unaware of anyone around her.

OOC- forgive me for not holding the speech or anything, I'm on my tablet and it is a pain to go that far into stylisation. :)

Declan Lesley sighed as he entered the grounds, alone. A small smile crossed his face as he felt the wind in his hair and the sun on his skin, moments ago, he had felt quite chilly, but now tthat he was outside, directly under the sun, he was much happier. The young Part-veela tottered around the place quietly, taking in the sighsights and smells of the area before he settled himself down for a short rest, a chance to do some reading, maybe a little bit of study. Declan never could study in a library, he hated ththe smell of old books and dust, libraries had both of those aannoyances, so he avoided them, that and outside was far nicer, sure the library was very bright, big windows allowing the warm sunlight shine through and give a feel of warmth and welcome, but outside was much better, the flowers were open and ttheir sweet aroma was tickling his nose, causing him to smile happily, though he wawas sure this liking of flowers would be different if he had allergies, but he had no known allergies, so he didn't really think about it, not at all. He rolled his shoulders, allowing them to crack several times, a nasty habit, yes, but he couldn't help but crack his shoulders and knuckles when bored or when he felt like doing something for the sake of doing things. Besides, if hhe got anyany real damage done to his shoulders or knuckles or anything like that, he could just as easily get himself healed bby aa healer, they were simple to find and in his experience, they were happy to help, which led his wish to bbecome a healer, just maybe.

Declan continued his stroll through the grounds, bright green grass getting in between his toes, as his shoes were in his hanhands, and the wind continued to blow sloftly, it was nice, just a simply nice day to be outside. He blinked slightly as the sun began to shine in his blue eyes, this was his only annoyance all day, right now he wwas virtuallyq blind, shielding his eyes with his arm, he didn't notice that there was ssomeone in his path, he thought ththat she hahad moved earilier, which meant that he unfortunately tripped over the poor girl. The only thing he was grateful for was ththe fact that he wasn't large, not at all, which meant tthat he wouldn't cause the girl ttoo much damage by falling onto her, though the ssame could,t bbe said about himself, he was quite sure he had twisted his wrist. He turned his hand and set his eyes upon the girl, ready to aapologies, ignoring his sore wwrist for the time being. ''I'm so sorry!" He said, rolling over and sitting up toto face the ggirl he had tripped on. ''I didn't see you...''

Thoughts of her father always brought on mixed emotions. One moment she could be sad, the next angry, or just drowning her troubles in liquor. She sighed lightly, fighting the urge to go talk to some connections to get that burning whiskey she loved so much. But as she did so, her eyes began to well with tears.... 'No... not here... no one can see you like this, Lila! Buck up!' she thought to herself. And so she rubbed the tears from her eyes and took a few deep breaths to calm herself. This was no place to cry. No.... Her pillow, yes. That was the place to cry. But she had honestly thought she had cried herself dry.

Much to her surprise she was suddenly landed on by a small, rather cute, blond boy. He seemed to fall pretty hard on his wrist, but she was trying to hard to regain her breath to pay much attention to him. She was more startled than hurt from his fall. And since he was so small it really hadn't been that much wait to hurt her in the first place. He rolled off of her and apologized, saying he didn't see her. She sat up and looked back at him. 'What brilliant eyes...' she thought to herself. She shook her head. "You're quick.... normally guys ask before they land on top of me..." she giggled and looked over at him. "No problem... anyone could have tripped on me. Are you all right?" she asked him, bending her legs at the knees and tucking her calves under her bum, curious to see if he was okay.

She had seen him around the school before and she knew that he was younger than her, but it didn't looked like much now that they were face to face... well... quite literally. She laughed lightly at that thought, but turned her thoughts to the situation at hand.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000">Declan was quite embarrassed, he felt like he had caused this poor girl harm by falling over her, though it probably wasn't true, it could have happened, and that was enough for the part-veela to feel guilty, what made him feel worse about himself was the fact that the girl seemed to be sad, her eyes were glassy, like they had tears in them that had not yet been shed. Had he caused this?! Dear Merlin, he felt dreadful, his sister would kill him for making a girl sad, near tears. But when the girl spoke, her voice seemed to be full of humor, or something similar, the tears seemed to hide away for now, this made himm slightly happier, he hadn't caused her great harm, though her sentence made him laugh, luckily she took the fall in good humor and didn't fully freak, though his veela-blood may have helped, it usually did. But sometimes he wished it didn't. "Hehe, yeah... you're not hurt are you?" He asked, slight concern in his tone of voice. Declan was a nice kid, and when he felt he may have caused harm to an innocent girl, he felt bad and felt that he needed to see if they were okay or not. He looked at the girl closely, to see if he had cut her or anything. He noticed that she was quite pretty, which was a surprise for him, considering he found it difficult to notice whether a girl was pretty or not, considering he lived in a house full of girls that had veela blood running through their veins, and he found himself more attracted to boys, that didn't mean he couldn't notice and appriciate non-veela beauty, that would just be stupid on his part and it would cause him to be just like the people back at Durmstrang, horrible.

The girl didn't appear to be harmed, and she looked older, but not in a bad way, she didn't look ancient or anything, and he couldn't see grays, which meant she was young, and/or not stressed, which meant he might make a potential friend, that would be great, he didn't have many friends here, the language barrier and his bad sense of direction wasn't too good, which meant he couldn't really converse with large groups of people, he would get lost in the conversation if they spoke English, or French too quickly, which seemed to happen often as the people here tended to speak really fast and their words overlapped, he was much better at one-on-one conversations, like this one. "I'm fine." He lied, his wrist was hurting him, but he could easily go to the Hospital Wing later, he wasn't going to die from a sore wrist. "But are you sure you're okay? You looked like you were about to cry earlier..." He said carefully, he didn't want the girl to yell at him and tell him to mind his own business, but his natural curiousity got the better of him, he then realised the close proximity of their faces and backedup a little bit, just to give them both breathing space before things got awkward.​
<i>
</i>

He asked if she was hurt and she shook her head. She had really only been surprised by the fact that someone had tripped on her and it didn't really phase her if there was any pain. She thought a moment, somewhat scanning herself for any aches and pains, but found none and confirmed her no, “Oh... Really... I'm not hurt. Thank you though.” He seemed genuinely concerned for her and it was almost touching that a complete stranger was that concerned about her. She watched him as he seemed to scan her body, as if looking for some sort of injury. She smiled lightly and laughed through her nose quietly. It was strange that this boy was so apologetic and almost insistent that she was fine. She could be mean and make him feel bad, but she wasn't in the mood to be the bad girl. It was too nice of a day to ruin for anyone.

He seemed to ignore just how close they were with each other while he mentioned that he was fine (an obvious lie) but asked again if she were sure she was all right, she looked like she was going to cry. She took in a sharp breath and held it for a second as he seemed to realize how close he was to her and backed up a bit. She let out the breath and looked down at her hands that were in her lap. “Well... I was. But it wasn't from you falling on me... I was just reminded of my father...” she took another breath, this time it was a little shaky and she clasped her hands together. She couldn't break down in front of a total stranger. “He used to tell me how the sun reminded him of me...” she swallowed, “...but he died in the fall...” she stopped and took another deep breath calming herself. She looked at him, pretty sure that her eyes were glassy again. “...Just miss him.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back