One Cell in the Sea

Meyke Liechandra

OOC First Name
Elise (main)
Wand
Oak 14 3 / 4 Essence of Raven Feather
Meyke glanced in the mirror; she was wearing her little green bikini, her hair falling haphazardly about her face and cascading down her shoulders. Her gaze shifted down the the nasty bullet scar on her thigh, then she forced herself to move away from the mirror. She was just glad that the other was hidden under her top.
Shrugging into a pair of cut off shorts and a tanktop, she shot one more look at her reflection, grabbed a towel and stepped into her flipflops. Calysta made her way out of the dorm, down through the common room and finally out to the lawn. She pointed herself in the direction of the lake, mentally curing herself for not grabbing her sunglasses. Pulling out her wand, she muttered "Accio sunglasses." The large lensed black sunglasses zoomed into her hand, and with a smile, she put them on.
She got to the shore of the lake and laid out her towel, pulled off her top and shorts and dropped down onto it.

Giselle had been skateboarding for a while all by her self. She didn't know where Madlyn was, she was hoping that she could skateboard with her. Madlyn was an acquaintance of hers, she was part-giant and was awesome in skateboarding. Giselle had wanted to show off her skateboarding skill to her but too bad she wasn't there. Giselle paddled on her skateboard not knowing where to go. She pulled the coat tighter to her since the winter was pretty bad. She stopped as she saw a girl in bikini. "Are you crazy!?" She shouted from the far. "Why are you wearing your summer outfit!?" Giselle gasp. The girl must be crazy, it was winter and she was wearing flip flops and bikini.

Beau was glad to be back at Hogwarts. The winter at home with his family had been great, but he'd been getting bored lately, with all his brothers and sisters and friends back at school - or away at uni in the case of his eldest siblings. He was about to go for a sip about the quidditch pitch when his ears picked up the sound of plastic wheels rolling over the ground. Beau knew that sound! It was a skateboard! Beau had been neglecting his boarding since learning to fly two years ago now, but that sound made him want to feel the ground under his wheels one more. "Accio 'board," he shouted, flourishing his wand in the direction of the fourth floor, and in a few moments, his skateboard came rolling out of the entrance hall, scaring a couple of first years who were standing around. Jumping on as it passed him, he pushed off and headed for the lake, where he'd heard the sound of another skateboarder.

He squinted against the low winter sun, and felt the sting of the cool air against his face, but he was just happy to be outside. What he saw when he got to the lakeside surprised him, though. First, there was a little girl on a skateboard. Second, there was a little girl in a BIKINI! Beau couldn't help it, he just started laughing. "You must be from Antarctica!" he chuckled, "Either that or you're nuts!" He lifted his chin in greeting to the other girl, the one on the skateboard, the one dressed sensibly. "Sup?"

Giselle eyed the girl with a disbelieving eyes wide open. She couldn't believe that she was wearing a bikini during winter. Giselle was sure that she was crazy, what else could explain that? Winter is definitely not a good time to sunbath. Especially not this winter, it had been too cold lately. She bit her lower lips with her eyes glued to the girl, she wasn't sure what the girl was going to do. Giselle walk toward the lake as she kicked on the thin ice on the lake. She dipped her finger to the water, IT WAS FREEZING! Why on earth would anyone want to swim in this kind of water? Giselle wasn't sure if the girl wanted to swim or not but she was wearing bikini so...

She then walk back to her skateboard as her feet started to paddle leaving the girl. But a voice stopped her, she look back at a boy who was apparently older than her. Giselle started laughing as the boy laugh. It seemed that Giselle wasn't the only one who called her crazy.
"Pfft Not much, what about you?" She eyed the boy and smiled. She slip her right hand to her pocket as she grab a gum and ate another one. She then held it infront of the boy. "Want some?" She offered.

Meyke heard footsteps and a girl appeared behind her. The girl seems surprised by the appearance of Meyke. Meyke laughed at the confusion in the face of the girl. "Hey, I do not care what this season. This is a form of defense practice. Do not worry. I use the cream on my body. Could be warmers," Meyke smiled and looked at the girl, see if she still will be surprised.

Then, one student came. Meyke turned and saw a man standing behind her. The student was given a joke and said that Meyke may have originated from Antarctica. Meyke grinned. "I come from Indonesia," Meyke answered politely.

Beau's eyes widened when the girl 'boarder offered him some gum. His mother wouldn't let them have it in the house. "Cheers," he said, taking a piece and popping it in his mouth. "Just heard you skating, thought I'd come down and have a look."

The girl in the bikini then spoke up, and Beau laughed again, almost spitting out the gum. "You're definitely crazy! You should put a coat on before you get sick." He suddenly realised this was not a very 'cool' thing to say - it was something he would hate to hear his mother say to him in public, and he pretended it hadn't happened.

"You two must be first years. I remember seeing you at the sorting ceremony. I'm Beau, I'm a third year. Hufflepuff. What do you think of Hoggy's so far?"

Meyke heard Beau introduced himself. Meyke laughed. She did not think that Beau was in third year. "You look too young as third grader," Meyke winked at Beau. Meyke then answered questions from Beau. "Incredible! Did you see us? You should have an observant eyes. I was not at the same dorm with you but you can recognize me. And you asked about Hogwarts? Not much we can do before school starts," Meyke answered quickly.

Meyke then turned around and mumbled something. In an instant, a fur coat landed in front of her. Meyke smiling and stroking the coat. She then wore it on her body. "I use a caller - spell," Meyke smiled and explained before they ask. Beau of course, already know the spell. Quite easy to learn. "And this is new stuff. Indonesia doesn't has snow so I've just bought it," Meyke added.

Giselle jumped on her skateboard and then off while chewing the gum. She didn't care about what the girl said she was just curious why on earth would someone wear a bikini in the middle of winter. That was one crazy thing to do and what kind of spell? "I would like to know what spell you're using" She said flatly still jumping on and off her skateboard and she decided jumped off.

Giselle laughed as she heard the boy named Beau called Meyke crazy.
"Sweet, yeah I'm a first year, a Gryffindor." She said simply. "Hogwarts? Mehh... It's alright" Giselle didn't know if she like being in Hogwarts or not. He met his HALF sister and she was in the same house as hers. But she get to know people by going to Hogwarts so she wasn't sure if she should like it or not.

"Too bad they don't have a place to skate here. I've heard Salem got one" She shrugged. Giselle loved skating even though her mother forbid her. Her mother wanted her to act like a lady but Giselle could never do that. She loved being a tomboy and she loved her American guy friends back in French.

Young? Beau was offended. Who did this little girl think she was, telling him he looked too young to be a third year? Kids these days... he'd never have said that to a third year when he was a first year! "Well, I am a third year, who cares if I look like one or not? There's a girl in first year who looks like a grown up and a girl who's older than me who's only this tall," he held his hand about two feet off the ground. But then the girl startled him by performing the summoning charm. How had she learned that so fast? She'd just started Hogwarts! It had taken him ages to get that spell right! Shaking his head, he wondered why she was showing off about having a new coat. So? This girl was definitely strange. She didn't make any sense at all as far as Beau was concerned.

The other girl was, understandably, very interested in the fact that the first girl had done a magic trick. (Beau still thought of performing magic as 'tricks,' even after two full years in the school.) She then told him she was a Gryffindor, and he smiled. He liked Gryffindors in general. Some of the best people he knew were, or had been Gryffindors. "Alright? Just alright? Hogwarts is the best school you'll ever go to. We hardly get any homework, and you get to learn flying, and do magic! It's amazing!" He laughed. These girls clearly had no idea how awesome the school was yet. He couldn't understand it at all, until the Gryffindor mentioned how she wished there was some place to skate. "Hey, the fourth floor corridor is really great for boarding, but the librarians sometimes get mad if you make too much noise. I've heard there's a spell that makes things quiet. I'm gonna learn it this year so I can skate whenever I want inside. The halls are good. I asked in my first year if we could have a skate ramp, but they didn't go for it. There is a Muggle Sports Club, though, and flying... man, flying is just as cool as boarding. It's amazing! It's... it's flying!" Beau didn't have the words to describe how incredible flying was. Hus mind was racing a mile a minute, and his mouth, for once, just couldn't keep up.

Giselle snorted as she saw the boy defend him self feeling offended. He reminded him of a friend of hers who would kill anyone who commented on his looks. She didn't really care what they were talking about as long as it wasn't about her and it wasn't about skateboarding then it wasn't her business. Giselle had missed skateboarding with her friends badly, she wanted to snowboard this year but unfortunately she was sent to Hogwarts.

She then looked at the boy and rose her eyebrow right after he told her about the fourth floor corridor, maybe Hogwarts isn't that bad.
"Mehh... I don't know about Quidditch I never fly on a broom" She had wished that she could play it but she was underage and she didn't have any broom so guess she wasn't lucky enough. "Although sometimes I... Kind want to" She let out a small chuckle, she remember how her friends who were older than her would chase each other by flying. She envy them but she never tell them about that. "You mean the quietus spell?" Giselle rose her eyebrow as the boy talk about the spell that would make things quiet. She wasn't sure if it work in skateboards but she was sure it shut other people's mouth. "You'll get to learn it in a year, tsk tsk... Lucky you" She joked and laugh. She then started to think about flying "Well I was hoping that I could snowboard this year but maybe I'll be flying instead of snowboard" She shrugged "Maybe... You can teach me how to fly.....?" She eyed him.

Meyke heard Giselle replied. Meyke smiled at her and explained that she used standard spell to did it. "Just spell 'Accio' and then things that you want will come to you. It takes a little concentration," Meyke explained.

Meyke later heard Beau was commenting on remarks from Meyke's said few moments ago. "Well, indeed the growth of each person is different," Meyke replied to Beau.

After that, Beau was talking to Giselle and Giselle's request for learn fly using a broom with Beau. "I also want to be taught if you're interested," Meyke smiled to Beau.

Beau frowned, he wasn't sure what the spell for making things quiet was, he'd just heard that there was one and he'd hoped to try and find out what it was and teach himself it. How did this first year Gryffindor know what it was called? She must come from a non-muggle family. That's the only thing Beau could think of. It had never occurred to him until this year to try to learn things he wasn't forced to learn. Beau was not a scholar.

The girls seemed to know as much about magic as Beau, but there was one thing he knew more about... flying. Beau's favourite subject in first year. He had been quite disappointed to find they didn't get to continue with a flying class after the first semester. "Yeah, snowboarding's fun, but trust me, flying's better. Of course I can teach you, both of you. What are your names? You'll get lessons soon, but I can show you now if you want. The school has heaps of brooms we can use."

Beau turned out pretty good. Giselle and Meyke allowed to practice with him. Meyke became very excited by it. "I'm Meyke Liechandra," Meyke said. "How do we do ?" Meyke asked, realizing that pile of snow was all around Hogwarts. Are they going to find a suitable place to practice fly? Meyke was not quite sure. Maybe it can happen during a storm snow, and Meyke did not know whether she will be able to avoid it. However, Beau seems quite optimistic to invite them to practice and this is a good bid. Beau may have been trained to fly in different conditions and of course it will be more interesting if Meyke could fly before that lesson taught to her.

Giselle smiled as the Beau agreed on teaching her how to fly. Skateboarding and snowboarding had been her favorite sport she didn't fancy flying but she had wanted to try. She was interested in hanging with the boy but not the girl. "You're going to fly in bikini and flip-flops?" She looked at the girl up and down and laugh. "Sorry" She said and laugh. Giselle took another gum and shove it in her mouth, she had been a big fan of gum even though her mother forbid her from chewing one. She said it wasn't lady like.

Giselle jumped on her skateboard, facing the boy
"Alright show me the way" She pulled her jacket closer to her and put on her cap. "I'm Giselle Richard" She would never admit that her half sister was in the same house as her, she hated her mom for having a child with another man and she hated her self for not loving her half sister.

"Meyke and Giselle, nice to meet you," he grinned. "This way to the quidditch pitch, though you might need to go and change first, Meyke," he looked at her with concern. "We can meet you there if you like." In any case, he dropped his skateboard to the ground and rolled the short distance that he could until there was only grass. Flicking the board back up into his arms, he checked to make sure the girls were following and headed for the quidditch supply shed, chatting the whole way.

((Join Being a Teacher, Quidditch Pitch to continue))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back