One by One

Gabriel Fletcher

Wand
Curly 16 Inch Unyielding Hornbeam Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Gabriel launched another stone over the cliff face, counting the seconds as it plumetted to the water below. That one was his good for nothing father. With a distant, satisfying splash it joined Saveli, and his mother, and anyone else who'd ever done him wrong. Gabriel dislodged another stone from the ground with his foot and bent to pick it up.

Felix rarely ventured up to the cliffs but he wanted to be away from the hustle and bustle of the castle, he wanted to be away from other students, he didn't want to be on patrol, he didn't want to act like a prefect, he just wanted to be alone and be alone with his thoughts. He didn't work out that way, Felix arrived at the edge of the cliff face to find someone was already there. He groaned and made to turn around and walk off.

Gabriel was weighing up the stone in his hand when he heard a groan behind him, and he turned to see a prefect from his year readying to walk away. "Hey," the Slytherin called half heartedly, tossing the stone into the air and catching it. "You don't have to leave just because I'm here, you know."

Felix considered the boys comment for a moment before he turned back towards the cliff and walked towards him. "Whatever, what exactly are you doing?" He asked looking over the edge of the cliff.

Gabriel turned back to the water, deciding the stone in his palm was Ava before lobbing it out over the twinkling depths. "Stress relief," he said, flashing a sideways grin at the Ravenclaw. He bent down and picked up another stone, offering this one to his acquaintance. "Go on. Who do you hate the most?"

Felix shrugged his shoulders and took the rock from the Slytherin at his side. "I don't know if hate is the right word, but, Lydia," he said as he flung the rock off the cliff, after a few seconds he heard a thud as it hit the lake. It didn't make him feel any better though.

Gabriel did a double take. "You what?" he said, scuffing the ground with his foot to loosen some more stones. He wasn't done yet. "Lydia who?"

The boy seemed confused by Felix's outburst. He sighed as the rock hurt hit the water and he turned to him to explain. "Lydia, Lydia Archer, she's my ex girlfriend, kinda ended things with no explanation," He shrugged his shoulders.

Gabriel looked as if he were about to say 'Oh,' but then didn't. He bent down for another rock, watching it sail in an arc before dropping through the air. "I'm sorry to hear that," he said, only half truthfully. A smirk crept onto his lips. "I guess that makes me the rebound, doesn't it?"

Felix was about to pick up another rock when he heard the boys comment, he turned his head slowly to him and raised his eyebrow. "What?" The smirk on the boys face bugged him and he wanted to punch him but he was managing to restrain himself.

Gabriel made his best effort to wipe the smirk from his face, but the corners of his lips could not keep from twitching with amusement. This was priceless. "Oh - didn't you know? I'm sorry; forgive me. Way to break the news, right?" The Slytherin gave the boy what was supposed to be a sympathetic look.

Felix clenched his hand into a fist as the Slytherin continued to talk. Who was this guy? What the hell was Lydia doing with him? She dumps him out of the blue with no explanation then suddenly she's dating some smirky Slytherin douche. "So, you're dating Lydia?" He asked trying to remain calm, but the longer he had to look at the boys smirk the angrier he got. "You son of a b*tch," He said angrily and took his clenched fist and threw it at the boys face.

The punch came from nowhere and knocked Gabriel straight off his feet. On the grass, he lifted a hand to his lip, surprised to find that it had split. He rose cautiously back to full height, laughing darkly. "You're crazy," he said, holding steady eye contact. "No wonder she dumped you."

Felix was surprised when he knocked the boy off his feet and even more so when he noticed his lip was split but he didn't let on. Instead once the boy was on his feet he walked closer to him and whispered quietly, "If you hurt her, you'll find out just how crazy I can be," With that he walked away from the boy brushing hard against his shoulder as he passed him.

Gabriel's eyes narrowed, but he did not back away. The worst part was that Ava would never believe him if he told her a prefect had punched him in the face. He was going to get away with it. This, combined with being rudely brushed past, sent Gabriel into a fury. He spun on his heel, seething, and withdrew his wand. He could cast something. Anything. What delight he would have taken in setting fire to the Ravenclaw's robes. But he couldn't. As long as Lydia cared for him, he could do no one harm. So he lowered his arm, and let the boy go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back