OOC First Name
Clara
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Elizabeth ❤️
Leo Benivieni was not the kind of person to sit around and have a chat with. No, he was in fact the exact opposite of that. He was always on his feet doing something, being proactive or spending time with friends and family. It was his first at HNZ and he had heard so much about it from his older twin siblings, Alessio and Marcella. That was why he decided to explore the castle during his free time, although he knew that he had to be studying for exams that were coming up soon. He didn't have the faintest idea of how these exams worked, neither of his siblings told him anything about how to handle them. They mentioned everything good about this school but they hadn't said a word about classes, homework or exams. He would just have to figure it out on his own when the time came. That was why he was now sitting in the Library, trying to study for his classes. Unfortunately for him, Al had caught him wandering around aimlessly and had tried (and succeeded) to convince Leo to come here. The Gryffindor took things seriously when he really needed to and of course today was one of those days. He was also a stubborn kid, which was both a disadvantage and an advantage. He somehow managed to explore many areas of the castle already, and he had love every single place he had been to so far. He felt like home here. A different home, considering he was a muggle-born and had an Italian heritage. Not that it made his stay at the castle easier. On top of everything he had to learn English too, but thankfully his parents made him do that long before he received his letter of acceptance.

Leo was getting bored really quickly. He wished someone would come and talk to him, he loved meeting new people and he wanted friends. He didn't exactly made the best of efforts in the first term and that had worried him. Usually he was able to make friends fast, but that did not turn out in his favour like he planned to. Hopefully his personality and liveliness would attract other students his age. It definitely helped, being as friendly and open-minded as possible. The first year had a feeling he wasn't going to get a lot done anyway, not when he wasn't in the mood any longer. He surprised himself by having learnt everything he could manage in just under an hour. This was probably where he was meant to be. He sighed and started humming lowly to himself. He couldn't help it, either he talked to someone or kept himself entertained somehow. Soon enough though, he saw a movement at the corner of his eye and jumped to his feet, making noise as his books thumped to the floor. And ink. And parchment. It did not go as he planned, but it wasn't exactly his fault. Leo was a very alert child. He decided he would pick up his things later. It didn't seem as if anyone was going to study at his table anytime soon in any case and if they were they would have to ignore his belongings. He walked all the way along the row of shelves and picked out a random book, the one that caused the glint of some sort of light. He couldn't close the book in time and only then did he notice that it was a monster book. It screeched and it took Leo five minutes just to find out how to close the thing. Finally, he put it back in a hurry. Once a muggle, always a struggle, he thought to himself.

Exams were in two weeks. Daisy couldn't believe it. Exams. Her mother should have prepped her for this. Well, she probably did, but to be fair Daisy probably wasn't listening. The word exam itself was terrible. It was scary and daunting and the brunette was sure that adults made that word up just to scare the students. Yes, that made sense! The adults loved punishing the children for things they didn't even do wrong, they loved scaring them just for the fun of it, so creating a scary word, and a scary situation fit perfectly into their scenario. The bare-footed girl was sitting cross-legged on a chair in the library. Daisy didn't even know what a library was before she came to HNZ. And even then, she hardly ever went there; she hadn't been planning on going there today but her mother had sent her a very stern letter, telling her to make sure she is studying because she can't expect to just wing her way through the exam. So here she was, disgruntled, trying to shove words into her head, trying to make sense of things she didn't even remember learning, catching herself every time she started to daydream of running around the castle with Gus. If only Gus were there. That would be so much fun; Daisy was sure her dog would love it.
A noise at the table opposite her made Daisy snap out of her day dream, wondering if it was her mom that somehow made it to the school and was about to growl her for pretending to study, when she'd read the same sentence at least five times in the last 20 minutes. However, the Gryffindor girl giggled when she saw that a boy had knocked over his things, and she stood to go help him, glad for the distraction before she realized he was walking away. Daisy wondered if he was okay, because he didn't seem to concerned about cleaning up his mess, but she made her way over anyway, picking up the items he had knocked over, before she heard a screech come from around the corner. Daisy jumped in fright, dropping the things she had picked up, groaning in frustration. She quickly bent down to pick them up before slowly making her way towards the noise, poking her head around the corner, seeing a very familiar boy putting a book back into the shelf. "Everything okay?" She asked, wishing for the life of her that she could remember his name.

Leo had been examining other books, just out of curiosity when someone spoke to him from behind him. A girl by the sound of it. He spun around and he recognised her from a few of his classes. They were in the same year he thought. "Yeah, everything's fine," he told her not wanting her to worry about what he just discovered. Not something he wanted to experience again. It was cool but frightening. Maybe that was why she came over here. He instantly felt bad for disturbing whatever it was she was doing. He probably made too much noise. "Everything was fine anyway until I opened a random book and..." He smiled at the girl and shook his head to forget about it. As soon as he started talking he could not help himself talking about anything and everything. He realised he didn't know the girl's name, he hasn't spoken to her yet at all. "I'm Leo, by the way" he introduced himself brightly, the energy radiating off of him. He never failed to be tired somehow. Well, physically. Mentally, he could grow tired of studying. It just did not sit so well with him.

That thought made him remember about his own books and he looked towards the table where he sat minutes before and saw that his books were on his desk tidied up. He frowned to himself wondering who on earth could have possibly done that for him and he turned back towards his classmate who was in Gryffindor like him. "Want to do something? I was studying I guess but I can't concentrate. Unless you still want to, then that's fine too. I don't mind, since we have exams coming up" he rambled on knowing that once Leo started talking there was no stopping him. Whatever he thought about he said. It wasn't his best trait, sometimes he considered it a flaw but nonetheless he couldn't care less. Talking was what made him have friends and if this was one of those occasions he hoped to continue like this. He hoped she didn't notice his slight accent, which proved him to be a better English speaker than his older brother Al and made him tease Al about it constantly. "Personally, I hate studying. I only really ever do it when I have to." He didn't want to bore the poor girl, but it was true. Studying was never on top of his priorities. He gestured to his table where he left his things. "Did you put my stuff there?" Something had clicked in his mind and he now wondered whether it was her who had kindly tidied them up for him after he recklessly left them on the floor.

Daisy could pretty much hear her mother yelling at her to focus and study, she was sure her mother was yelling from Kaitaia, and it was being heard at their school. Her mother usually was such a gentle woman, but when Daisy wound her up, or was misbehaving, boy did that lady have a set of lungs on her. Daisy's mom was a very passionate person and that often meant that you would either have one end of the scale or the other. Daisy much preferred the quiet passion. But Daisy tried to push the voice away, ignoring it, excited to make a new friend. This was such a welcome break from her studying, and having the opportunity to meet someone new just made it so much better. The Gryffindor girl nodded her head as the boy explained that the screaming came from a book, but she dropped the subject when he shook his head. She was definitely intrigued by the book - a book that could scream? That was incredible. Daisy stepped forward as the boy introduced himself as Leo, and she held out her hand. "I'm Daisy!" She replied brightly. "I've seen you in class before!" Daisy exclaimed, "And around the Common Room." She noted, wondering if he recognized her.
Daisy beamed at his request. "No no no no no." Daisy laughed, definitely not wanting to study more. "I would love to do something. My mind is hurting like I never knew it could!" She giggled. It seemed he agreed with her thoughts as he admitted he hated studying, and it was at that moment that Daisy knew they would get along really well. It wasn't that Daisy hated learning, she just hated sitting down. She was a visual learner, her parents explained, which was why she found it hard to understand things that were just spoken to her, or things she had to read. Daisy nodded her head when he asked if she had moved his stuff. "Yeah, I hope you don't mind, I was thankful for the break from studying." She laughed again. "What do you want to do? Should we find other books that scream? Or - or try go into that rest-restik-tured place? Ooh what do you think is in there? Or should we leave the library all together and ask the House Elves to make us some food?" Daisy asked, her mind running full speed. She couldn't wait to get out of the stuffy, boring room!

Leo laughed and grinned at the girl who introduced herself as Daisy. He remembered her, all right. He always took notice of his classmates, particularly ones who seemed interesting to him. He didn't know why but there was something about certain first years that amused him. Daisy was one of those people. "Oh yeah! I remember you," he grinned brightly. His eyes sparkled as he spoke. "I've seen you around a few times as well, though I could never remember your name." It took him a few moments to realize how that sounded. His eyes widened slightly. "I meant...I didn't mean it that way," he flushed, grinning wolfishly. "You have a very nice name," he added as a compliment, to make up for how ambiguous his reply had been. Leo was glad that he had this opportunity to make a new friend, it gave him a sense of relief to know he was still the same person even though some part of him was magical. He wasn't foolish enough to believe he could change just by finding out he was part of the magical world, but he was always open to new opportunities and especially meeting new people. Or in this case, talking to new people. And, he loved to talk. So it worked out really well.

Leo smiled at her when she giggled. He had a feeling they would be great friends and hopefully for the rest of their time here. "I'm glad someone agrees with me on that one, studying is just not cool," Leo wrinkled his nose as he thought about the idea of having to sit down for who knew how long just to learn something they already should know, or at least what the professors taught them and expected them to memorize. "Studying is just so much effort. It's much easier to do something that does not involve sitting down for so long." He nodded his head enthusiastically, agreeing with Daisy. "I have a feeling we're not going to get anything done today, my head's already hurting from studying and that screaming monster book. We could go explore the castle." He suggested and shrugged his shoulders, smiling. He really didn't mind what they did, as long as it was anything but staying in the library. "Oh no of course I don't mind, I just wondered who put them there, I'm grateful someone did," Leo reassured his new friend that it wasn't a problem at all, in fact quite the opposite. Seeing her expression, he suggested an even better idea. "We could go down to the kitchens, seeing as we're both bored and have nothing to do. After that, we can look for secret passages? I know there are a few all over the place." His excitement was evident in his voice, and as he looked at Daisy and waited for her response, he hoped she was up for it.

A look of delight grew on Daisy's face as the boy said he remembered her. She waved her hand with a giggle when he tried to correct what he had said - Daisy hadn't thought anything bad by it as they'd never really met before so no offense had been taken. Her beam only seemed to grow brighter as he complimented her name; Daisy loved her name, and often found daisies among the grass which she would pick and try make chains with. Her parents tried to teach her how to make daisy chains, but neither of them were any good, and it usually just ended in a flower and grass fight. "Thanks!" Daisy exclaimed happily. "Leo is really cool too! Do you know what it means?" She asked. If he didn't, the young Gryffindor would make it her task to find out and let him know; she hoped it was something amazing, it would be terrible to have to tell him that it meant something silly or bad. Names were important to Daisy, they were a part of an identity, it could tell a story or where someone was from. You had to live with your name for the rest of your life!
The First Year girl nodded her head at his comment about studying, relieved that it wasn't only her that hated studying. "I know right?! Surely we can study while...I don't know, running or something?" Daisy laughed, though not able to come up with a better way of 'studying'. She definitely preferred when they were learning new things in class, rather than sitting down re-reading old things. Daisy nodded her head again, agreeing that they weren't going to get anything done. Not when there was a new friend to be made! And if they tried to study together, she had a feeling they'd just end up talking or passing notes, or with Daisy throwing things at him to keep herself entertained. She felt her excitement bubbling up in her when Leo suggested they went down to the kitchen, but her breath hitched in her throat at the mention of secret passages. "Secret Passages?!" Daisy exclaimed. "This place has them?! Oh my gosh Leo - " Daisy started, grabbing her new friend's forearm, "We have to find them! Where do we start?!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back