On her own for a change

Efeyenia Samartzi

OOC First Name
Pat
Sexual Orientation
Undecided
Wand
17" Ebony Wand Essence of a Dragon Talon
Nia made her way up to the Great Hall, the main rush for lunch was just over and Nia didn't feel like being in the crowds today. The rumors were still spreading after the gossip magazine and after she had her little bit in it she couldn't hide from the whispering, pointing and constant gossiping. Yes, Nia knew it wasn't true and so did Alyssa, and that's all that mattered, but it still bugged her. She thought she had gotten away from all the publicitly back in Grecce with her Major of a father and socialite of a mother.

Entering the Great Hall Nia could see a few people staying behind, but thankfully the Slytherin table was empty, Peace and quiet at last she thought happily. Making her way over she could see the slim pickings left on the table for food, frowning slightly she heard her stomach rumble. When she sat down at the table she lifted a few slices of bread and put on bits of meat and salad that was left. Pouring herself a glass of orange juice, she relaxed and bit into her sandwich, hoping it would do her to dinnertime.

Ok, so it was halfway through the day, and Sukie was being to get a little hungry. It still didn't count for why he was standing outside the great hall. It made much more sense to force his way into the kitchens and took his findings back to his own dormitory. But he was making himself be a little more social. Lately Sukie had tried to avoid big crowds and places that would, in time get him noticed. It was extremely hard to convince himself to get back into the lime light. He expected he hadn't missed much. Just the occasional gossip. Maybe he would find a trusting face amongst the mixed affliction. Either that or, wonder down the noisy divides.

There was only, one place that he could go. Well, where he felt a little more at home. The Slytherin table. The green blurr in amongst the rest of the students. Sukie made his way in that direction first, dodging the annoying groupings that had started to form around the grand doors. He pulled at his pink shirt, while clasping his hands to his sides. It was a slightly more reassuring stand to anyone that might know his reputation. He doubted that many did.

It was only after walking through a line of empty chairs, that he saw Nia, one of the Glam Squad members. His body froze, as his mind started to back away, fighting through the options. Nia was only a fellow Slytherin, right. There was no need to worry. Or was there? He had begun to sway over to paranoia, and it definitely wasn't a good concept. His pale lips went to open, but stopped. He took a couple of steps closer, before taking a seat at the table.

(OMG Sukie I'm soooooo sorry, school has been so busy recently :( )

Nia was happily enjoying the peace and quiet and her sandwich had been even better than she had expected. She looked up when she heard some noice, someone else sitting at the table. She wasn't at all too pleased, but she eased up a bit when she saw who had joined her. "Oh hi Sukie." She said with a small smile and wave at the younger Slytherin boy. She had met him at the Fashiion Club meeting and thought he was adorable,especially with is keen interest in fashion. "How are you?" She asked, setting down her sandwich.

Sukie smiled nervously at Efeyenia, before stopping himself when he realized he had been smiling at her for far too long. "Hey Nia," he replied in his usual melodic and charming voice. "I'm great, thanks for asking. And yourself?" he asked her, flicking his hair as he grabbed a sandwich. Sukie smiled at the girl a second time, as he bit into his sandwich. "Yum," he said excitedly, licking his lips. Sukie looked up at Nia and asked, "So Nia, how's everything now?' he asked again.

"I'm perfect." She said truthfully with a broad grin, it had been the first time, in a long time that she was truely happy. Sure the rumors from the magazine was still going about but she took James' advise and just forgot all about it, she knew the truth and that's all that mattered.

And then James, the third year Slytherin that Nia had become good friends with. He wasn't like most boys, in some sense, sure he still hated things like the Halloween feast and gossip but he actually talked to her as a person and not an object, or took interest in her becuase her father was a wealthy mayor. No, he had talked to her and got to know her long before that became public knowledge.

Stop it! she warned herself, she was too young to have feelings for anyone, right? Especially a third year, more so ones that were as cute a James, he was bound to have plenty of girls after him. She quickly turned her attention back to Sukie, the second boy she knew that actually talked to her like human being and she respected that from him. "Things are great Sukie, thanks for asking. And how are things with you?" she returned his question.

Sukie looked back at his sandwich as he heard Nia's answer. "That's great!" he responded, trying to stop himself from laughing at her answer. Sukie had actually never heard anyone answered his question in just one word, and the word was perfect. That one word could answer his whole question. Sukie smiled at Nia again, this time turning a little pink. He watched her a second time, noting the pause between them. Nia seemed to be thinking of something. She did look calm as usual, but he noticed her cheeks turning a shade of bright pink, like she was blushing or something.

"Things are great Sukie, thanks for asking. And how are things with you?"

Nia's question brought Sukie back to earth. He couldn't be possibly day-dreaming was he? Sukie shrugged a little as he opened his mouth to answer her question. "Everything has been fine i guess. Lessons are quite stressful, although i was a happy when i found out my Halloween costume won cutest costume contest," he replied with a proud smile.

"And honestly Nia, i really think you wore the best costume. I saw what you wore, and i really think you should have won Best Costume," he continued, his voice really sounding like he wasn't lying. "Cleopatra was one of the most inspiring women of the the ancient times," he added with a small smile.

>.< I suck. I know. I'm sorry

Nia listened to Sukie talk. "Lessons, ew." She said with a small cringe and laughed. She had missed so many this year, she didn't even know if was catching up with them. She had some time before exams started, maybe she could get a few done? "I'm sure you'll be fine though. Best not to worry about them too much." She said reassuringly, taking a sip of her drink.

When Sukie brought up Halloween, she got the image of James in his 'Geek' outfit, it was so funny, she had laughed for a while after she had seen it. Even though he looked like a complete fool, it was an adorable fool. "Yes, congrats on winning that, I never got to see you to tell you myself. Did you enjoy yourself?" She asked. Nia blushed a bit, such a sweet talker she said to herself with a roll of her eyes. She flicked her head to the side, pushing her long hair behind her shoulder, "Thank you Sukie, that's so sweet of you. But I don't mind. It was just fun getting to dress up. And yes Cleopatra was a great woman. But not compared to any Greek woman, right?" She asked playfully with a wink.

Don't worry, I've been super busy toooo :D

Sukie nodded as he listened to Nia's advice. "Great idea, thanks." he answered, like a small kid answering to its parents. Sukie nodded a second time when Nia congratulated him on winning the Cutest Outfut contest. "Yeah I enjoyed it!" he said excitedly as he thought of the event.

Sukie laughed. "A Greek version of Cleopatra would be very interesting," he replied with a laugh. "I'll certainly want to meet this person," he continued with a chuckle. "And she was, becoming one of the best female leaders of the world. She's like a model to all women, regardless of race, language, blood, or religion.." he added.

Sukie flicked his hair back at Nia, and began laughing. His hair was too short. "I noticed you also tried out for the Cheerleading Team. Did you get chosen?" he asked her innocently.

Nia listened to Sukie talk about Cleopatra, he was a strange boy, but in a good way, very well spoken, smart and very cute, not as cute as James though, no he's just down right gorgeous she thought in a girlie way to herself.

Nia brought herself out of that train of thought quickly, it wasn't fair on Sukie to have her attention on someone else when she was talking to her. "Oh my God, yes." Nia said happily, she had been so nervous she knew for sure she wasn't going to get on. "Alyssa got on as well. Did you?" she asked hopefully.

I'm so sorry! ^_^

Sukie smiled excitedly at Efeyenia. "Oh that's great! I'm proud of you!," he said eagerly to her, before realizing what he had just said. Sukie turned pink. "I mean, I would be really proud if you were my big sister," he said with a nervous laugh. Sukie wanted to kick himself in the butt. What the hell did he just say in front of Efeyenia?

"Alyssa got on too? That's awesome! I'm an official cheerleader too!" he squealed excitedly, his hands knocking over the grapes bowl on his right. Sukie laughed when he watched the grapes scattering around the table. "The Elves are so gonna murder me," he said rather girlishly with a laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back