OOC First Name
Marijke
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Curved 14 Inch Flexible Aspen Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Chase hadn't planned on attending the yule ball this year. He didn't have an outfit, didn't have anyone to attend with and most importantly: didn't have much love for the school dances. He'd attend them every now and then but never seemed to be able to enjoy them as much as some of his classmates did. Perhaps they just weren't for him. Or maybe he had never truly given anyone a chance to prove him wrong. Either way, he hadn't planned on attending and yet here he was, suited up and making his way into the great hall on a whim. He put little effort into looking around to see if he knew anyone but made sure to grab himself a drink before leaning against one of the walls, glancing around while he tried to figure out what made people enjoy these things so much.

Leah wasn't exactly looking forward to going home for the holidays but she wasn't filled with quite the same dread as last year. She wasn't going to risk her parent's wrath again by staying at school with no warning again, even if the temptation was still there. She felt like she was going through the motions as she got dressed up for the ball and marched down to the great hall like it was some kind of death sentence and not a celebration. She didn't know what to do with herself as she saw Savannah talking to someone else. She was tempted to hover and wait to see if there was a moment to cut in but she had to realize that maybe the weird connection she had felt last year was just in her head. That's how it always seemed to be for her. Maybe she'd just be alone forever. When she thought about her parents she didn't think that was such a terrible idea. But when she saw Chase leaning against a wall she felt like a weight was lifted as she joined him. "Who knew you could get so cleaned up?" she teased lightly.

Chase knew he shouldn't be surprised if someone he knew turned up sooner or later, even less so when that person turned out to be Leah. While he had gotten rather good at getting away from her, especially last year, she seemed to have gotten even better at finding him anyways. Something he now appreciated more than anything. "Don't tease me or I'll leave." Chase replied, only partly joking. Dressing up wasn't much up his alley but he had figured he'd stand out more in jeans and a shirt than he did wearing a suit. Which, glancing around, did feel like the right choice. Even if it did make him a little uncomfortable. "You look pretty." He complimented his friend with nothing but sincerity when he turned to look at her. "Got a date waiting on you somewhere around here?"

Leah laughed and reached out to tug on his sleeve as if that could keep him in place. "No, don't leave." she said. "It was a compliment. You look so nice I hardly recognized you." she added, in fact teasing him a bit. She grinned at his compliment but sighed at his question. "Thank you." she said. "And no. No date. No one seems to appreciate what I have to offer." Leah was trying to keep her tone light and joking. But sometimes it did feel a bit lonely.

Chase shook his head when Leah tugged on his sleeve, squinting his eyes for a second when she teased him again. Part of him wanted to retaliate, the other part felt like perhaps he should just take the compliment. And the company. "Thanks. Make sure to enjoy it while it lasts." He responded before raising his eyebrows at her sigh. Personally, he wasn't bothered by not having a date, it wasn't as if he knew who to take to something like this anyways, but Leah sounded like perhaps it did bother her a little. "Well then they're clearly all idiots." Chase replied matter-of-factly. If he was confident about one thing it was that his friend was more than worthy of anyone's attention.

Leah smirked. "I will build a monument to this very evening so I never forget." she said solemnly and considered how hard it would be to do just that. Could she just sneak into the arts club and steal some clay? How hard would Chase smash it with his bat if she tried to present it to him as a belated Christmas gift when they returned from the holidays. She rolled her eyes at his comment but it was a nice thing to hear, at least when she was feeling a little sorry for herself. "Clearly." she repeated in agreement. "What about you? Any admires I should keep an eye out for?" she said with a wiggle of her eyebrows. "Or maybe I should try and set you up with someone?!" she added excitedly.

Chase shook his head at Leah's words, almost wondering whether she'd actually do it. He wouldn't be surprised if she did, in some way, just to annoy him. He could already see himself walking into the locker room to find a picture of himself pinned up somewhere that she would've somehow managed to sneak in. Like some sort of weird shrine. Honestly, he wouldn't put it past her. "I hate you." He responded stoically. Having the topic switched to Leah's date life had felt like the right move, until she turned that back on him before he could even have thought about that. "I hardly reckon anyone would admire me." Chase shrugged. He had plenty of self-knowledge to know he wasn't exactly.. approachable. "I'd almost like to see you try." He added, his tone close to joking before turning somewhat stern. "Almost. Please don't. I'd just make a fool of myself."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back