Oh sheet

Noelle Seung

OOC First Name
Annaleise
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Wand
Curved 11 1/2 Inch Whippy Ebony Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Noelle was making her way from the owlery, her arms full of loose sheet music and an opened letter from Margaux as she realized she was late for class. In the midst of receiving the letter from her older half-sister attached to a stack of her beloved sheet music she lost track of time. Immediately the Ravenclaw quickened her steps, running through the castle, unprepared for class but determined to make it somewhat on time. Punctuality was important, according to Margaux, and although her sister was in a different part of New Zealand at that moment in time Noelle wanted to please her and that meant running through the corridors with her sheet music clutched tightly to her chest and no care to the students surrounding her. Her classroom was eventually close enough, with just a turn around a corner and another straight dash and Noelle was happy that the end was in sight. However her happiness was short-lived when she turned the corner and collided head on with someone else, her precious sheet music flying in all directions as she fell back, landing on her backside with a thud.

For a Ravenclaw, as studious as they were meant to be, Rose took her leisurely time getting to classes. As a first year in such a large castle, she figured she could try to get away with being slightly late for as long as she could. While learning magic was as exciting as it was important for her to progress through her education, some of the classes she was meant to take just simply weren't appealing. She didn't understand why some of the subjects offered at the academy were even taught - learning about stars, for example, was such a drastic difference to the more practical subjects she took throughout primary school. Everything she had learned from the age of five felt a little obsolete now that she had to adjust to an entirely new lifestyle.

As the girl turned a corner, she was startled out of her thoughts by a collision with another student. Again. Rose wasn't sure what it was about Hogwarts, but no one ever seemed to look where they were going, and more than half the people appeared to meet that way. Rubbing at her reddening forehead, the Ravenclaw recovered from the abrupt stop, and quickly reached to help the girl she'd run into collect the papers that had flown everywhere. "Ohmygosh I am so sorry. I don't know how this keeps happening." She said apologetically, passing a small pile of slightly crumpled papers to a vaguely familiar face. At a brief glance, she realised that whatever was written on the sheets wasn't the homework or essays she had expected to see, but completely other symbols entirely. "Oo. Are these those Ancient Runes I heard about?" If she'd payed any proper attention to the sheets, perhaps she'd have realised they were in fact music notes, not runes, but since her arrival to the castle she immediately assumed everything she encountered was magical in nature.

Noelle frantically reached to retrieve the sheet music flying in all directions. It was her lifeblood, and without music to follow along when she played guitar she wasn't sure what else she would do to keep her sanity between classes and in the evening after dinner. When she had collected some of the sheet music, she looked at the person she ran into and smiled, realizing they were also holding a pile of the papers. "Thank you, so much." Noelle said as she added the pile to her own. Satisfied that all her papers were picked up, she continued conversation with the other girl. "No, this is sheet music, not ancient runes." Noelle said, continuing to smile at the other girl. She assumed that it wasn't a difficult mistake to make as music notation was almost like another language to people who were unsure of how to read it.

Rose felt stupid for even making the assumption she had. Of course it was sheet music. At a proper glance, it was so easy to tell. While she wasn't an expert on reading musical notes, anyone with a basic education could recognize a quaver as one of the most common symbols, and the rest shared a similar design. The sheets were full of them. It was so obvious now. "Right, duh." The Ravenclaw laughed, more so at herself. "So, do you play an instrument, then? I've never tried anything myself, but my aunt once said I had piano fingers, and I've been told I'm a really good singer." By her mother. Who told her she was good at everything she ever attempted. The garden the young girl spent a year or so watering had died a couple of weeks after she planted it, but her mother told her they all took a very, very long time to grow. She was sure they'd all bloom soon.

Noelle smiled as she stood up from the stone floor, content that most, if not all of her papers were now safely returned to her hands and not entirely ruined by her collision with the other girl. "No, it's alright, most people don't recognize sheet music straight away." She reassured. As the girl asked if Noelle played an instrument, she nodded. "I play guitar and a little piano, I also sing a little too. I'm not the best, but I try." The last thing Noelle was to sound as if she was bragging. She always preferred to be modest in her interactions. The other girl speaking comforted Noelle and simultaneously piqued her excitement, distracting her from her modesty. The girl sounded as if she was also a musician and Noelle was always pleased to meet someone with similar talents. "That is so cool!" She exclaimed, moving one of her hands from her stack of papers to hold it towards the girl as she introduced herself. "I'm Noelle. We should play together sometime." The offer was as genuine as Noelle's fall and she was excited to find out if she would actually have a chance to play with this girl, or at least be exposed to the singing she claimed to be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back