Oh My; We Need To Talk...

Kandee Roberts

OOC First Name
Cole
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
With her blond hair pulled back, Kandee once again managed to get sick in the toilet. She hadn't even eaten anything; so she didn't understand what she could possibly have coming up. it was the fourth time in the past three days that she had gotten sick. She feared the worst; that she was pregnant. She knew whose it would be, but, how could she tell him? Would he even stay with her if she did. He wasn't home yet; he would hopefully not come back until after she was done, then she wouldn't have to tell him.

Tears came out of her tightly shut eyes, and she lifted her head up slowly. It was throbbing from the force that had caused her to be sick in the first place. Like her mother; she knew this was going to be hard. Her mother told her how hard it was to walk with swollen feet and such, and how her and Cloe were the Only pregnancy she ever wanted to have because of morning sickness. She almost hoped she had a stomach virus...

Alex walked in the door and threw his keys on the table. He was whistling. He had had a good day at work but was happy to be home. Until of course he heard something that sounded like puking coming from the bathroom. He knocked and then entered. He saw Kandee throwing in the toilet and he grabbed her hair. It was the best he could do to help. He hoped she was alright. She hadn't looked sick, he figured it was a stomach virus or something but the thought kept coming back to his mind, 'What if she's pregnant?'He shook the thought from his head and continued to but his full attention on holding up Kandee's hair. He frowned. He hoped she would stop soon. It was just he didn't want to see her like this when he thought about her for the next couple of days.

Kandee could feel the hair lifter from her body. Alex was home. She gagged again; and heaved a little. She wasn't sure what to say when she stopped, so she just sat there, breathing irregularly. Seh looked at him with eyes that were watering still. It always happened when seh got sick. "Hi... Honey..." Seh said slowly, hoping nothing would come up as she spoke. She tried to force a weak smile, and it worked.

Alexander forced a smile when she finally stopped. "Hi Sugar." He knelt down and stroked her hair. "Are you alright?" He asked hesitantly. He really wanted her to say she had just started to feel a little sick, and not the other option. But what were the odds? He thought to himself and didn't really like the answer he came up with. So all he could do is wait, he had to be just over reacting.

"I'm sorry... I don't know what came over me." She said with a weak smile. She looked around as she flushed the gross contents down. She stood up and walked over to the sink. She needed to brush her teeth; badly. "Um... can you bring me my phone." She needed to check her calander, and see... Seh hoped she was wrong.

Alex nodded and walked out of the room. He heard water running and figured she was brushing her teeth. It took him a moment to find her phone but eventually spotted it on top of the coffee pot. He walked back in. "Here you go." He smiled looking her over with his strange yellow eyes.

She smiled and finnished up her teeth befroe tasking the phone. While spitting out the contents of the toothpaste, she opened the calender app. She had only bought the apartments for this reason; any closer to Obsidian and she wouldn't be able to use any electronics. She scrolled down from where she was and counted.

"Sh!t..." She muttered almost throwing the phone across the room. it hit the towel though and stopped there, falling to the floor. She was three days late now.

Alex was really worried when Kandee hurled her phone across the room. "Kandee?" He questioned he was really hoping she wasn't going to say what he was thinking. His mind was racing as he thought, it might be possible. He thought about the last time, could it really be happening to him now. They had just gotton back together.

"Alex don't." She said walking out of the room to the calender hanging above her bed. "I just need to think a bit." She could feel a small knot in her stomach as thoughts of what was happening raced through her mind. This couldn't honestly be happening to her... could it? She looked for the last mark and counted weeks... she was a week and a half late for her monthly. Her eyes got big, and she took a step back.

Alex watched from behind and counted from the last dot and his topaz eyes got really big. He looked at Kandee. He was getting really scared now. He wasn't sure he was ready for this big of a comitment yet. "Please tell me that those marks don't mean what I think they do." He knew Alexia used them to mark her periods.

"No, they mean days I need to dye my hair." She said sarcastically. That was always how Kandee handled every uncomfortable moment; with sarcasm. "Of course that's what they are!" She yelled a little bit, a tear escaping her eye. She wasn't ready for this. She had wanted to be married, not twenty, unwed and naive. She turned around and tore the calender off the wall in anger.

Alex shook his head. He knew this was bad, as soon as he walked through the door. The last thing he needed with the russian mafia on his tail was a child. He tried to tell himsself it would be okay but truth be told he didn't know if it would. He wanted to have a family sure, but he had wanted to be older, and married, settled down more. Why did life have to do these things to him. "Kandee don't throw things, its not going to change anything."

She turned slowly and looked right at Alex. "How do you know?" She asked. "Maybe if I throw something hard enough it will bounce back and hit me in the head. Then I'll pass out and be free of this for an hour!" She yelled at him. She didn't mean to be so mad; she just knew where this was going. And she was scared her would leave... again.

"Kandee, just don't, it's the hormones, this isn't even you." He held up his hads. Women when they were pregnant were sure to have mood swings and flare ups. He knew this was going a bit fast and he hadn't planned on doing it so soon. He felt it in his coat pocket, the ring. He had been caring it with him in case a good time came up, and now seemed to be a good one. "What am I saying, no Kandee it will be okay i love you." He walked over to her and hugged her, he whispered in her ear, "So will you marry me? I've been wanting to ask you and now I have a really good reason so..." He stopped and got down on one knee, "Will you?"

((SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE))

"Maybe this is me, huh Alex? Maybe you should have thought about that before knocking me up!" She said. She was so frustrated, and thne he said he loved her. She was about to yell about the last time he said that when he hugged her and asked. Asked something she had never heard... Another tear slid down her face and she hugged him. "Y-yes!" She said before sinking to the floor in exhaustion.

((so much for not replying. LOL))

Alex held her, she had said yes. He was engaged. He grinned like it was the only thing he could do. He was so happy he carried her to their room and layed her on the bed. He smiled. He set the ring on the bedside table. Maybe she would go to sleep, she had had a overwhelming day.

She smiled at him. Her bad mood was gone, she just lay there looking into his eyes. He really was a beautiful man, kind and generous. But, in the back of her mind, she couldn't help wondering if he would leave her again. She put a hand on her stomach. "I just hope it doesn't run in the family." She said referring to the twins situation.

Alex smiled at her warmly. "It is a genetic thing." He wouldn't tell her just yet but twins ran in his family too, so the odds weren't in there favor. He thought about having a family with the girl of his dreams and smiled. "We can go to the doctor tomarow and see for sure, but you should rest for a while. I can make soup and see if your up for it later." He smiled wider. He was to be a father.

She nodded just the tiniest bit. "Good thing it only runs in one side." She had not known that Alexia was in fact his sister, though they had hung out before. Something had not registered with Kandee, or else she was way to gone to remember when Alexia told her. She smiled and nodded, it would be great if she could go to the doctor, get a second opinion; those pregnancy tests could be unreliable.

Good thing he didn't she the trash can.

Alex nodded, "Oh course." He nodded a bit. He would her later. She was far too gone to remember anyway. He kissed her forehead and went to the kitchen to make some soup. She should be able to hold it down. He hoped to himself.

She laid in the bed, still unable to sensor her tears. She was in love with Alex; but, she didn't want him to feel like he had to marry her. This could be a difficult thing, the pregnancy could complicate everything. But, she wasn't going to leave. She would tell Cloe Later about this.

Alex sighed as he did everything not really paying to much attention. He was thinking to hard about what had happened and he was thinking if he had done the right thing. He loved Kandee so much but could he put her in this much danger so soon. He shook his head not wanting to ruin the best day of his life.

Kandee was in the mood for soup, but just couldn't stay awake. Being sick was definitively taking a big toll on her. So before being able to eat, she crashed out.

END SCENE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back