Oh, lolly lollipop ...

Meiling Xue

Wand
Grape vine wood 12 inches Heart of Banana snap on the core
Meiling sat on the couch of the student lounge, licking a lollipop on the other hand and reading on the other. Its her first week at the school and she still doesn't have friends, so, she always stay at the lounge after classes and buried herself at the books that her hands can take at the book shelves on the lounge. Reading and eating a lollipop makes her at ease and fun to read as well, the lollipops she had was packed by her mom when she boarded the train. How she misses them and her friends as well, Meiling shrugged her shoulder as she continued to read.

Collin had been thinking about buying a new muggle book lately but too bad he was in Hogwarts. If not then he would just go to the nearest store near his house. Collin took a random Chinese book as he walk toward the common room. It was full of students and he didn't find it comfortable. He made his way to the sixth floor and enter the Student Lounge. There weren't many people in there, and what was better was that there was a girl sitting all by her self on the couch. Collin wasn't sure if she was Chinese, Japanese, or Korean but he decided to give it a try. "Ni hao" He greeted as he sat down beside the girl and placed his book to his laps.

While reading she stuck her lollipop for another minute on her mouth when she heard spoke in Chinese. Meiling looked up at the boy who said it and was seating beside her, she took out her lollipop out of her mouth and replied to his greeting, "Ni Hao Ma." It was more polite than a simple 'Ni Hao'. Meiling heard many Japanese, Chinese and Korea names at the sorting but she didn't know this boy was a Chinese but actually now she didn't remember his name. "Thank god, A person to talk to." She told the boy and smiled widely, "I'm Meiling." She introduce herself and offered the boy some lollipop, "Do you want some? It's a tootsie roll lollipop, do you want grapes, strawberry, blueberry or chocolate." Sometimes Meiling can't resists talking when meeting people, she more a talker than being shy around to new people.

Collin hadn't been able to speak too much Chinese since he was raised in the US. He smiled as he knew that the girl's Chinese. "Wo hen hao" He smiled at her, at least he knew what to answer he wasn't THAT desperate. He chuckle as he heard her talking without a full stop. "Any of them would be fine" He said as he plastered on his charming smile on his face. He eyed the girl, she looked good and he was pleased that he met another Chinese in Hogwarts. He hadn't been able to meet one until Meiling showed up. "I'm Collin, last name Jin" He said proudly.

If Cherie was placed in Slytherin, she would definitely be friends with this girl but too bad she was in Gryffindor. But Cherrie was the type of girl who would be friends with anyone who could please her heart. Collin was definitely going to introduce this girl to his twin sister.

"Okay, here's a blueberry and in the center is a chocolate." Meiling said to the boy who introduce himself as Collin Jin and handed the lollipop with a blue wrapper on it. Now she has one friend in the school and his cute too, wish her friends can meet him but sadly they can't because some of her friends are muggles, Meiling only has few wizarding friends. Meiling put her own lollipop back on her mouth as she twist it to melt, she was still thinking of a good topic, Meiling took out her lollipop again out of her mouth. "So ... Do you like Hogwarts? Cause I'm still adjusting to this kind of torture land." Meiling smiled as she just described Hogwarts as a torture land, it was true and she doesn't know how to adjust, really.

Collin took the lollipop as he put it in his pocket. Collin wasn't a big fan of lollipops but if the lollipop was given by a girl, a Chinese girl then he would love it. She eyed her, seeing her cute attitude and smiled at her. He was amaze that a nice girl like her would be sorted into Slytherin while Cherie was sorted into a Gryffindor. "Hogwarts? It's fine I guess" he smiled, of course it was fine there were lots of girls there. Collin prefer Salem more than Hogwarts tho, there were more parties back when he was in US more than now. "So... Do you have siblings?" He asked randomly. He just wanted to keep up the conversation and not wanting her to shut her mouth and run away.

Collin took the lollipop and put it on his pocket, she smiled to him as he did so. Everyone loves lollipop, her group of friends loves lollipop and will buy a box if they got a chance. That's what they do back in China, their favorite is tootsie roll lollipop because it has chocolate on the center. Meiling licked the side of her lollipop and bite it really hard as the center came out, "I don't have a sibling ... I'm an only child but not spoiled." She told Collin and giggled, everyone who knows that she was an only child thinks she's a spoiled brat or something but she isn't, she do house hold chores fair and square. "I think you have, right? or my eyes double at the ceremony?" Meiling asked, she doesn't know if that's his twin or not.

Collin looked at Meiling licked the lollipop, he could never understand girls and lollipops. He had seen girls sucking 5 lollipops in an hour but he wasn't sure if this girl would do that. He let out a small chuckle as he saw her licking the lollipop. "Yeah I have a twin sister, Cherie" What the girl said was logical, of course she was the only child, if the girl grew up in China then she shouldn't have any siblings but since Collin was born in the US, his parents were allowed to have more than 1 child. Seeing Meiling reminded him of home, not Beverly hills but Shanghai. "Anyway why are you all alone up here?" He asked randomly.

"Oh, so, I have a fine eye sight then. Your sister is pretty." Meiling said to Collin, her lollipop was almost little and she will finished it. She bite hard on the little piece and it went out of the lollipop stick. "Ehh, I don't have friends here and I don't want to have one. I actually not that happy that I got accepted here because I love my life back at China." She reasoned, Meiling loves magic but being in the muggle world is the most of her life will be because she loves not using magic and do whatever she wants without it. Meiling is a daring girl and would love adventure, Meiling didn't open another lollipop as she became sad again. She didn't asked permission to Collin as she just placed her head on his shoulder, "You don't mind, do you?" Meiling asked.

Collin smiled as he saw Meiling placed her head on his shoulder of course he wouldn't mind, he put his right arm around her not knowing if she was comfortable or not. If she wasn't then he would just apologize and the problem is solve. "Not at all" The girl reminded him of Ash, the puppy love of his, he felt comfortable being around her but he wasn't sure if she felt the same way. He didn't expect her to feel comfortable around him since they were only 11. Seeing his father who was a player made him like this, he was interested in girls. Usually children would have to wait until the age of 13 until they had the eros sensation but not Collin. He liked girls since he was young. "Life isn't that bad here" He said calmly.

Meiling sigh as Collin said that life isn't that bad in here but to her point of view, it is bad in here. "I don't know ..." Meiling trailed off as she thinks a way to say it, "I have a feeling that this isn't my greatess first year ever." She continued with a soft voice. Meiling is a loner when it comes to new things or places, she doesn't moved on quickly as everyone else does. Meiling lift up her head from Collin's shoulder, thanked that there is one person that can comfort her if it is needed. "Enough about sadness, it gives me the creeps, I'm always happy and doesn't even cry even there is a problem." What problem? Do I even have a problem? Meiling thought to herself, she never had problems in her life except when she was six years old when her cat died. Or maybe she was the problem because she wouldn't eat anything if she doesn't have a new friend meaning a cat for her friend.

Collin had been through a lot, settling with new moms was hard. He hated the fact that his father used to have 3 wives, he hated his step mother for not spending her time with him and for having another affair. And that was why he had been acting like a casanova and had a great interest in girls even though he was only 11. He wasn't sure if he should be proud of it or not but as for now, he is proud.

"Trust me, you'll be alright"
He smiled at her, of course she would be alright except if she had an evil twin or step mother then that would be creepy. Collin was attracted to the girl not just because she was Chinese, she was tough. If what she said was true, then he would definitely maker her his. But again, they were only 11, Collin wasn't sure if 11 years old would go out but he was 101% sure that he could get a girlfriend in no time back in America.
Collin had been through a lot, settling with new moms was hard. He hated the fact that his father used to have 3 wives, he hated his step mother for not spending her time with him and for having another affair. And that was why he had been acting like a casanova and had a great interest in girls even though he was only 11. He wasn't sure if he should be proud of it or not but as for now, he is proud.

Meiling pouted as she stared at the fire place, she wished that it will be alright and she can have many friends as she has back at China. "But its not very easy to be alright." She said to Collin and looked at him again, that's when she took another lollipop out of her pocket and unwrapped the wrapper of the lollipop and then put it on her mouth. Lollipop makes her calm down a bit as she suck on it, "This is so boring, what other things we can do here at this school?" Meiling asked Collin and dropped her head on his shoulder again, Collin was like a cotton pillow that you can always hug and can comfort you.

Collin shrugged, he didn't know what he could do in the school but usually he was in the library reading or sit around the fireplace reading. Or if he was lucky enough, he would hang out with girls and maybe flirt with them. Collin stood up as he summon his cello "Accio cello" He pointed his wand at the ground soon a cello appear. "Can you sing?" Collin started playing a traditional Chinese song that his baba used to sing to him back when he was little. He closed his eyes and smile, it wasn't just an ordinary smile it was an innocent smile that he rarely had. The song reminded him of his baba, Collin hadn't had a chance to be around him lately. He was always working and Collin was stuck in the mansion along with his sister.

Meiling immediately lift up her head at Collin's question, of course she can sing. "Yes, I can sing. Want a demo?" She asked giggling, actually Meiling doesn't sing in front of new people but she will try for Collin to hear her sing. She bit her lips as Collin summoned her cello, she too play some instruments but not the cello its just to big for her, so she's sticking with a violin.

A pure smile from Collin's heart appear on his face, these was a rare smile of his. He picture his baba when he used to be with him and Cherrie. All the memories that were long gone, he had hope that his father would appear in his life instead of working. He shut his eyes tightly as he played it louder and put more emotion in it. The more he played, the more memory were played in his head. He stopped playing as he felt sweats dripping, he gently put his cello down and stood up walking away. "I.. I... I can't do this anymore"He said with his voice shaking.

She was at the mode where she was listening at Collin play his cello. When he stopped playing it and stood up from the couch, Meiling was confused and gave Collin a frown. "Wait, what's wrong/" She asked, taking off the lollipop out of her mouth and wrapping it at the wrapper where it was wrap earlier and put at the center table. No, she will not eat it again, its just disgusting for her.

(OOC: Sorry for the length)

"Sorry" Collin muttered and force him self to smile at her. He then put the cello back in the case and face the girl. "You sure love lollipops huh?" He force him self to chuckle. "You might like my sister, you should meet her someday" He smiled and shrugged.

Meiling sigh and gave Collin a look, she almost jump at that and her heart beat became fast. He then commented about her lollipop loving thingy, "Oh, I don't love lollipop its just the candy that my mom gave to me before I boarded the train, I have one box of it." She explained Collin and smiled, "You sure your okay? You seems sad." Meiling exclaimed and didn't put any emotion on her face just a worried one.

Collin force him self to smile, he didn't want the girl to be worried about him. He wasn't sad anyway he was just disappointed, VERY disappointed at his father and of course, step-mother. If Collin's biological mother was still alive, Collin probably didn't have to cry alone at night or hugged him self when he had a bad dream when he was 4. He envied those who had a good family, he had wanted to have those kind of family. "I'm not sad" He smiled at her. "Don't worry" He said calmly. "So... How's your mama and baba? Don't they miss you? Since you're the only child" He let out a small chuckle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back