Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
bisexual
Wand
Knotted 9 1/2 Inch Whippy Acacia Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Pink Rose for @Aine Thompson

Brevity was not usually a get involved kind of girl, but part of her had been curious enough about this school event that she'd signed up to help out. It wasn't too much of an ask, after all, it wasn't like she had anything better to do. She had sent one rose and wasn't going to be doing anything but kill time until the dance later. so she was helping out. It just didn't help that Brevity didn't know who anyone on her list was. After asking Maisie a little in the morning before she'd gotten started, she'd learnt that her first person was a hufflepuff, and from a few questions she was in the library, making more noise than she should trying to find this girl. "Aine?" she called out. "Aine Thompson?"

Aine was just going to focus hard on studies. It was all she had, and if she focused enough she might even be good at magic. She was looking over some Defence Against the Dark Arts texts when she heard her name being called by an older girl she didn't recognize. Why she'd be looking for her, Aine didn't know...and then she remembered what day it was, and saw a few people with roses around. Oh, cr*p. "Yeah, over here," she called, also a bit louder than she probably should and waving her arm behind her to draw the girl's eye.

Brevity heard someone speak and turned to find them. It wasn't a girl she knew, but then again, Brevity barely knew any of them. She was however able to locate the girl who was speaking and walked over to her and then sat down. She took out the pink rose and the note and held it out. "For you, obviously,"

Aine,
Keep up the good work. I think pink is for admiration. I admire your effort for class, studies, and everything else you do. Don't forget to take good care of yourself for your mental state.
Your friend,
Monday

Aine's blood ran cold as she looked between the pink rose and the girl holding it out. This had to be some kind of joke, right? Obviously, nobody actually had a crush on her. If they did, they must have taken some severe blows to the head. Was it Monday? He was a beater, so he probably fit that criteria. She realized she'd been frozen for a moment and took the rose, ducking her head. "Sorry. Just...surprising." She was correct in the sender, but at least the note cleared it up a bit. It wasn't a crush. Or, as Aine would read it, a prank that someone had a crush on her just to build her up to break her. "Bloody hell, that scared me. Uh, thanks."

Brevity was very curious about the range of reactions that Aine seemed to take in regards to her rose. From surprise to the fact it really wasn't that bad. "Why would a pink rose scare you?" she couldn't help but ask. it was an interesting reaction, to be scared about a rose and then for it to not be too bad.

Aine paused for a moment. Obviously, she wasn't going to be honest with this girl she didn't know. A handwave of an answer it was. "Oh, well," she started, blithely. "I don't really want to have to go through the drama of turning someone down. That would be problematic, especially when we're all living under the one roof." It was more that she didn't want to be made a fool of, because surely nobody would genuinely have any sort of crush on her, but this other girl didn't need to know that.

Brevity considered what she was saying, and it made sense. ”Lots of people get involved and turn people down here,” she countered, of course it might still be awkward and problematic, but it didn't mean that people weren't doing it. ”Everyone is living together in their prime teen years – most will develop a crush or two that might not be shared,”

Aine supposed her argument wasn't the most solid, but she really didn't have the experience to draw on to back it up. And her honest feelings were far too pathetic and would open her up to ridicule. She very carefully placed the rose down on the table next to her, thinking it was quite nice and not wanting to damage it. Having a pink rose would at least make her look a bit more interesting than she really was. "Very true, and I guess people will get over them quickly. You hope, anyway." She smiled, welcoming the procrastination but not wanting to bother the older girl too much. "But avoiding problems always works."

Brevity raised an eyebrow in response to what she said. She was sure that it might not entirely work like that. "Well, hopefully that works for you, but be careful," she advised, though of course you could probably ignore some of it, she still felt it was important to be careful. "It might feel like it always works, but it really might not,"

Aine quirked an eyebrow. Of course she knew realistically avoiding problems didn't work, but in practice it certainly seemed to help. For instance, she could avoid talking to Cameron as long as possible, thus, no problem. And she could pass off the pink rose as maybe someone liking her to boost her ego, and if Monday didn't see it, also no problem. It was a flawless plan that had no possibility of backfiring on her whatsoever. "I mean, yeah, it's probably all going to backfire horribly, but I'm hoping to hold off disaster until the end of seventh year, then change my name, cut my hair short and move to Darwin." She couldn't help but curl her lips into a smirk, brushing off any serious thought with terrible humour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back