October Rain

Zazuka Getathorn

OOC First Name
Ana V [main]
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Zazuka had neglected the rain all sesson because of all her classes. She realized that she probobly shouldn't have signed up for so many electives but she wanted know everything she could. She put down her books for once and walked out to the lake. A storm was brewing. Zazuka wanted to be front row center for it. She even took a step out of her comfert zone and put one a thin baby blue sundress. Her feet where bare as where her arms. Everything was at the mercy of the storm.

The first few drops started to fall and Zazuka took a spin ready for all of it to come down on her head. She programed her magical music device to play 'Orinoco Flow' while she splashed her feet in the shallows of the lake. She sang along her voice getting drowned by the rapedly falling drops. She lifted her hands high to reseve the storm with open arms.

"Let me sail, let me sail, let the Orinoco flow,
Let me reach, let me beach on the shores of Tripoli.
Let me sail, let me sail, let me crash upon your shore,
Let me reach, let me beach far beyond the Yellow Sea.

From Bissau to Palau - in the shade of Avalon,
From Fiji to Tiree and the Isles of Ebony,
From Peru to Cebu hear the power of Babylon,
From Bali to Cali - far beneath the Coral Sea.

From the North to the South, Ebudae into Khartoum,
From the deep sea of Clouds to the island of the moon,
Carry me on the waves to the lands I've never been,
Carry me on the waves to the lands I've never seen.

We can sail, we can sail... (With the Orinoco flow)
We can sail, we can sail... (sail away, sail away)
We can steer, we can near with Rob ****ins at the wheel,
We can sigh, say goodbye Ross and his dependencies"

It got to the point where she didn't care if anyone saw her. Really she wouldn't be able to see them. She had put her glasses in her bag so they wouldn't get wet. The piruets she was pulling off made water from the lake splash all around her. Finally she laughed like a small child. This was one of the first times that she had allowed only her body her move and not her mind. Her mind was consetrating on the music and letting it ingufe her completly.

Grause had been standing the edge of the grass, near the lake. Staring into the waters with his arms crossed and thinking, the air smelled damp of the impending rain - not that he cared much if he got wet - he couldn't even remember if he had experienced rain from his original home since he got back either. As the rain began to pour down, soaking him and everything around him.. he began to hear music and someone singing, he looked around for the crazy fool singing in this weather until he saw somone dancing around and singing almost insanely.
He sat down and watched the spectacle grinning slightly. "Lovely weather isn't it?" he roared, over the rain and her music

Zazuka giggled to herself as she gathered the rain in her hands. "I love the rain. It cleanses with out distroying the things it lands on." She called back over the storm. The device had stoped now that the song was over. She looked back in the direction of the voice. Without her glasses she couldn see only blurs on good day. On a day like this she could see nothing at all. She directed herself toward the voice. "Do I know you?" She called when she thought she was closer. "You don't sound like a first year and I don't think I've heard your voice before but I could be wrong." She added so as not confuse the person that was there.

"I seriously doubt it." He said in answer. "I'm Grause, transferred from Germany this year. I'm a third year student" She had walked pretty up close to him, close enough for him to recognise he may have met her in his past life, but she wouldn't know him now.
"You look freezing." he said thoughtfully, realising both of them were soaked all the way through

Zazuka ran her hands flat over her head to push back her hair. It was coming down around her in thick cords. "I am cold but I don't mind I've gone out in weather like this before." She said. Her sundress was sticking to her form which in her oppinion was not much to look at. She was 5"2' and almost painfuly thin. She had some curves coming in but not enough call the attention in any partucler kind of way. "Zazuka, third year Prefect. Nice to meet you. We are getting a lot of tranfers in this year." She said with a bright smile on her face. It was the only thing sunny in ether like this.

Grause felt almost weighed down by his hair and the scarring on his face stung from the cold, he didn't really mind. He grew up in this weather! It wasn't as bad as it could get and loving the rain helped.
"Nice to meet you too.. Zazuka was it?"
Grause did feel proud that he had grown some while he had been gone, instead of the being midget everyone had known him as, he had gained a respectable few inches from when he barely stood at 5ft. He couldn't help smiling at her smile, it was almost infectious. It helped having seen her dance like a mad man to music in the pouring rain as a way of introduction.

Zazuka tilte her head and sqwinted but the effort to see was giving her a head ache so she stoped. "Yes it's Zazuka. Those who know me call me Zuka though. My closest friends call me Z." She said as she strightened out again. "Can't see a thing really but I don't mind I need my eyes to be out in this." She said putting her arms up over her head then putting them down on her head almost crossed. She was getting the strangest feeling of Dy-javu from Grause but she decided to drop it. It could be anything really

Grause looked her in the eyes, noting how unfocused they were. "So you can't see me?" his question more of a statement. He raised his wand from its pocket in the sleeve. "Accio." he whispered, calling one of the large umbrellas in the common room that were usually laying around.
"You can call me anything you want really." he said while waiting, shrugging as well. "It's not like you can shorten down Grause."

Zazuka shook her head. "But I can hear you and the sound of the drops so I can tell where you are pretty much." Zazuka looked up. She couldn't feel the rain anymore but she could tell it was still falling. An umbrella most likely. Zazuka put her hand to her chin in thought. "Drae if that's alright? I don't know why but it seems to fit." She said her voice growing dreamyer than it had been before. She smiled brightly though she asked herself where in the world she had gotten that from. "Or Grau. See I can shorten your name if I want to." She said then put both her hands up to her mouth so she could hide her laughter. She thought it polight to hide it when she first met someone so they wouldn't be insulted.

Grause bit his tongue, blood seeping out from multiple holes. 'Damnit!' he thought. 'how'd she guess?.. or was that just reflexive..?'
"Grau sounds like a kind of food, I'm not sure Drae would fit in anywhere." He said instead, hoping he sounded convincing enough. He sniggered at the thought of being called a sort of food.

Zazuka was a little confused but she liked that feeling. It made her want to find a way of her not to be confused. "How about Shadow because that what you look like to me right now?" She asked. She telling the truth. Grause looked like a shadow figure to her though the unbrella helped her to see a little better. She placed her hands behind her back and smiled brightly. She was unaware that she had just guessed anything about him.

"Too cliche." he replied softly, "Like a character from a badly written play or something. Just stick with Grause, it fits anyway."
The blood had begun to fill up his mouth slowly while they had been talking, some of it even running out of his mouth. 'Damn' he thought, 'Really have to keep calm'

Zazuka nodded and shugged. "Anyway you can take your pick of any that you like." She said then tilted her head again. Grause's voice sounded thicker than it had been earlyer. "Are you alright?" She asked taking a step closer. Her eyes, though unfocused, shone with worry. Had she said something wronge? Zazuka reached out a hand to try and get a sence of what was going on something that didn't feel like water reached the tip of her forefinger. It was sticky and warm. "Yip, your bleeding!" She said in alarm then dashed off to get her bag. Zazuka was sure she would have something in there that could help.

"Don't worry about it." he said hastily, spitting out the blood into the lake. 'Maybe you creatures down there will enjoy it'
"I've had worse, just bit my tongue." he insisted, watching her run off back to where she had been before

Zazuka came back not a moment after with her bag. The first thing she did was put on her glasses while under the cover of the unbrella. She blinked a few times to get used to the clearity then looked up. She zoned out for a moment. "The same yet not the same." She murmered then shook her head. It was something that had come to her a few days ago. Like the warning Wolves run among the sheep. that had come to her the year before. She didn't scribble that down anymore though. "Happy to finally see you." She said with a bright smile as if she hadn't said anything before. She nodded but gave Grause a tissue anyway. She had almost anything that one could need in her bag.

"Thanks." he mumbled, taking the tissue and wiping off the stain on his chin, trying not to note how familiar she felt around him.
"I should be more careful with these teeth of mine." he said neautrally. "I could probably bite off my tongue if wanted."

Zazuka smiled, her dark eyes now shimmering with curiosity. "Really, does strainth run in your family?" She asked but then whinced. She knew that sometimes families where the last thing that people wanted to talk about. She avoided her own whenever possible.

"I wouldn't know." he said. "I don't know anyone in mine." He didn't mind talking about his family with Harrington or Michael, it's not like he actually did know anything on either side. Not that he could say much to Zazuka without giving anything away

Zazuka nodded then placed her hands behind her back after she put her bag down. "I wish I could say the same. Disowned you see." She said. Half true but she had to say it so unnessery questions didn't come up later. "So how long have you actually been here? I know a Ravenclaw trasfer who moved into the tower not but a week ago." She asked wondering why she hadn't spoted Grause before this. She should have at least reconised his face. She often looked around when in class or in the great hall, her eyes though her glasses did not missing much.

"I keep to myself mostly." he said, slightly sorry for her to not really have a family. "My 'uncles'; Harrington and Michael can be good company, even my cat Tahk. But i prefer to be alone most of the time, or just away from large crowds."
He actually had to think about how long he had been here since he transferred, the actual year seemed more a blur since he hadnt actually given school much thought until he decided he wanted to come back.
"I think i've been here maybe a month.. maybe more, i'm not too sure." he answered eventually. Shrugging then sighing.

Zazuka smiled like sunshine again. "It's ok. I mostly stay to my friends but from time to time I do like to meet someone knew. Books are my world mostly though. I love to learn as all good Ravenclaw does. That and playing with Jinx and his daughter Hix, my own cats. What house are you in?" She asked. A wind sprayed water up against them and Zazuka turned way but was laughing openly this time. It made her shake the felling that while she hadn't spoted Grause that she had seen him before not as he used to be but as he was now.

"Gryffindor." he replied, the spraying of water made him close his eyes in contentment. "I actually spent most of my time on the grounds when not in class. I tend not to sleep."

Zazuka tilted her head. "Odd, That's one thing we have in common. I don't sleep much ether. I get nightmares. I couldn't tell you what they are because I forget as soon as I wake up. All I know it that it has to be pretty bad. There are times I wake up in tears." She said with soft sigh. "My best friend is in Gryffendor. Andromida is her name. Perhaps you've seen her if not talked to her. She's rather hard to miss because of her red hair." She said laughing a bit. It one of the things she loved about Andy, her firy red hair. Zazuka would have liked that pigment over her own. Her hair was a jet black.

Grause's heart skipped a beat and his face took on a pained look, he turned to face the lake as he tried to settle himself. "Andromeda..? No i don't think i do." he said "like i said, i keep to myself."
He could see the ripples in the water from the heavy rain still pouring hard.

Zazuka bit her lip and look down. She had cought the pained expresson. "I'm sorry." She said quickly. Zazuka looked up again when she felt the damage she had done was over with. "Anyway I was asking if you had seen her but really it doesn't matter. Probobly I can introduce you if you would like." She said. Zazuka's eyes where wide behind her glasses. She was going into 'Helpful mode' again but she always geve people the option to refuse her. Zazuka put her hand out into the storm not wanting to wast such a good down pore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back