O think'st thou we shall ever meet again?

Bituin San Buenaventura

Accidental Magic Reversal Squad
OOC First Name
Steph
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
pansexual
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2 Essence of Wood Rose
Bituin smiled as she approached her favorite Ice Cream Parlour in the entire world. Nestled in Obsidian Harbour Bituin truly did begin to understand how much she missed her old hangout place. She had spent many a time between her school years hanging here. During the summer break it was her go-to place. Her go-to ice cream treat was Cookie Doughn't You Want Some, of course. Putting the spoon of ice cream up to her mouth and tasting it felt like heaven to Bituin. She moved over to the chair and table by the window and sat down. These days she didn't bring her extra school books she was studying with her, which made the table seem empty. The other chair at the table was empty too. Bituin ignored the chair in front of her and looked out the window. She had just received her position at the same time students were getting ready to head back to school. She smiled as she saw friends meeting up with each other outside her window and younger kids being dragged around by guardians. Bituin often looked back at her time in school at Hogwarts. She hardly regretted anything during her years there. It had been a wonderful time and helped her become the woman she was.

Continuing to eat the ice cream treat in front of her Bituin wondered how things would have been different had she been placed in another house. She didn't doubt the hat's choice. Ravenclaw suited her very well and she was a 'Claw through and through. But she did often wonder about the other houses, what they had been like. She had heard many times that Slytherin was a cold place and suited the cold hearted people placed in there. But she doubted with the numerous fire places her own house had that the school would let some sit in a cold place. Her own heart stopped as she saw a familiar face out the window. She wasn't sure but being twenty she knew her old friend couldn't have changed that much since school ended for them just a few years ago.

Indiana wasn't often busy these days. Living with Tybalt had been interesting enough and she had found some light work to do at a nearby firm that need a secretary. She found work easily in the muggle world, but she was hoping to join up in the magic world again soon. After finding Tybalt in the bar a few days after his father passed away Indiana didn't see much of him. But she still tried to be on his side and help out where she could. She often had meals prepared for him in the refrigerator at home. All he needed to do was heat them up as per the directions she'd write out on the top. It took awhile to find foods he'd eat and she had learned early on strawberries were not a thing to bring into the house. She still enjoyed them herself, just for lunch at work. It was later in the day after her shift at the firm ended when she found herself strolling Obsidian Harbour. It was getting busier and busier now that the summer had started and families were already preparing for the start of school in the Fall, well in the Spring. Indiana still had a hard time adjusting the change in the seasons here compared to her old home in New York.

Thinking of New York, Indiana realized how lucky she had been running into Tybalt. She'd still be in the same drunken habits if he hadn't offered her refuge here. Things between them were rocky and while she was sure that nothing more would come of their arrangement Indiana was glad to have him as a friend again. Platonic relationships with men were hard to come by and while Indiana had her fair share of 'friendships' with men, the one with Ty was the most rewarding, even though there wasn't anything romantic there. She train of thought about the recent events in Tybalt's life stopped when she spotted his old girlfriend through the window. Bituin had been this big secret thing in Ty's life, but also Indi's friend at the same time. It wasn't till later that she learned the two had actually dated through most of their school years. She half smiled awkwardly when she noticed the woman staring back at her, looking shocked as well it seemed.

Bituin shrugged off the weird feeling in her chest as she got up from her seat in the ice cream parlour and headed out the door. She had paid for the food when she had gotten it and promptly felt full when she saw the old face return into her life. She had tried to keep in touch with Indiana when they were in school but from the brief mentions Tybalt had of the girl it seemed Indiana hadn't wanted to be their friends any longer. She herself often wondered if it was because Indiana had been jealous of her being the one to date Tybalt. But when it was clear that relationship wasn't going to work out, she was surprised that the gryffindor continued to stay in the shadows. Heading out the door Bituin approached the woman with a slight smile on her face. "Indiana Night, I'm actually kind of surprised to be seeing you here," Bituin said unsure if she should hug the woman but she decided against the hug in the end.

Bituin shifted on her feet as she stood nearby to Indiana. The meeting was already feeling awkward and she wasn't sure what to do. "I just got a job at the ministry, so I thought I'd stop here to get my favorite treat," she said explaining why she was in Obsidian Harbour. She was curious as to what Indiana found herself doing after school, but she was just likewise curious about her other school mates. Clearing her throat as she waited for a response of some kind Bituin looked around at the people wondering if anyone else she knew would be popping out at her as well. Here she had thought she'd just be getting some ice cream and then heading back to unpack more in her new apartment.

Indiana was surprised to see the woman approach her, from her knowledge of the San Buenaventura sisters this one was Bituin. She wasn't sure if they still looked as similar as they used to or not, but Bituin was always the nice one. She and Indiana had even once been friends with each other. Then they got busier and Indiana changed her mind about magic in the end and finished out school hating the environment she was in. Bituin had always seemed to do well, she hadn't been a prefect or anything but from what Indi could remember the woman had left her mark in the library for sure. "Hey there, Bituin. I actually live not that far from here with..with Tybalt," she spoke answering the woman. She paused as she went to mention her current roommate. It hadn't even been really clear during school if Bit and Ty had been in a relationship, both seemed to be very private and declined to ever answer. But she had heard rumors of the two floating around during school for sure.

Scuffing her toe on the ground Indiana stood before her old friend wondering if she should continue the conversation. She wasn't sure what much there was to talk about with this old friend. She didn't think Bituin had been angry that they hadn't remained friends during school, so this wasn't the same as it had been when she ran into Tybalt a few months ago. "The ministry? That's interesting, I'm working at a muggle firm, doing some basic secretarial work for now. I hope to get back into the magical work force soon, however," Indiana mentioned off-handily.

Bituin was pleased that the young woman standing opposite her remembered who she was. She hadn't gotten her confused with her sister and to that Bituin offered a smile and a nod. She was extremely surprised by the words to next come from the woman's mouth. Tybalt. Tybalt Archer, the one person she had been getting flashbacks of, ever since she moved back to New Zealand and landed her first job a week or so ago. He had been her first love and while others had told her of her beauty and tried to court her, only the one had been successful in capturing her eye. She hadn't wanted to press play again on that relationship. They had ended it pretty mutually by the end and Bituin had finished school much happier without that added pressure. It had been nice to have someone to kiss and hold hands with, but when they constantly feared her older sister's wand it hadn't been fun. The sneaking around lost it's appeal the older they got and not going to the balls with each other made the romance dwindle even more every year. Soon, they became too busy to even sneak around very often. But, she still thought about him, more often now that she was back in New Zealand.

Hearing that this old friend was living with Tybalt came as a shock. He had told her once during one of their meetings that he had seen less of Indiana than herself. She hadn't thought that Indiana and Tybalt would ever be friends again. It turned out she was wrong and very wrong about what sort of relationship they were capable of. Jealousy filled her heart for a moment thinking of Tybalt and Indiana being together. But being her kind hearted nature it didn't last long as she thought of how she didn't have a right to be jealous over Tybalt any longer. He was just a dream now that she could call upon when she was lonely, nothing more. "Wow," Bituin managed to get out while looking anywhere but the woman's eyes. She listened to what more Indiana was saying. "Really? I've never worked in the muggle world really. I mean this is my first job, I've been doing a bit of traveling since graduating. Actually, let me give you the name of my boss, they are still looking for some recruits to the office if you're interested," Bituin said as she searched her bag for her notebook. She quickly wrote down the name of her boss. "Oh, duh, I'm working in the Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes, Accidental Magic Reversal Squad to be exact. And we work closely with the Obliviators as well. I think I heard that the Department of Magical Transportation is looking for some people as well," Bituin said smiling, thoughts of her lost love were already being filtered to the back of her mind as she spoke to her old friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back