Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Flexible Black Walnut Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Jordie was back at school. He'd gone for Quidditch try outs, sat around by himself in classes. He knew he technically had band practices with Weston, but he'd been ignoring his instruments and his music since the break up. Jordie still hadn't cried over Nate. Maybe he was in denial. Maybe he was just numb. Whatever it was, Jordie wasn't ready to pick up his guitar and tap into his emotions again. So instead, he'd gone the other way and was sitting in the student lounge, slouched on one of the couches and just staring blankly into the fire. He wasn't sure how long he'd been there, but he figured he'd just stay there until either the fire died or someone kicked him out.

At first, Weston had assumed he was the one who kept on getting the times of their band practices wrong. He often lost track of time, and it wasn't unusual for him to arrive late to practice. But after showing up to an empty arts room for the fifth time in the row, Weston was starting to suspect that the problem wasn't him. It was Jordie who was forgetting about their practices.

Which was incredibly strange. Jordie, after all, had been the one to suggest their intensive practice schedule, and he was almost always there on time. Weston wasn't sure what to do. He couldn't even ask Jordie about it since the other boy never seemed to be around. Even during class, the Hufflepuff often chose to sit by himself. It was starting to reach the point where Weston was seriously considering sending his friend an owl.

Weston gave the deserted arts room one last look before heading out with a sigh. It was obvious Jordie wasn't showing up today either. He still had some time before dinner and decided to head for the student lounge, where he could maybe find one of his other friends. At first glance, the lounge also appeared to be empty, but a familiar figure slumped in front of the fire caught his attention. "Jordie?" Weston hurried forward, eyes widening when he realized it was indeed his friend. "Jordie! Where've you been? We were supposed to practice today, and I'm positive I got the time right because I double-checked and—" he stopped abruptly, realizing the Hufflepuff didn't look like his normal cheerful self. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

It took Jordie several long moments to realize someone was talking. He turned his head just slightly to see Weston standing there. He blinked, staring dully at the other boy for too long before turning back and looking into the fire again. "Sorry," he replied dully, not moving. Jordie didn't have the energy in him to try and pretend he was alright, or to put more effort into talking with Weston. Jordie just felt... numb. And he didn't want to dig too much into it. He knew if he did, he would break apart.

Weston had never been the most observant person in the world, but even he could tell that something was seriously wrong. The Jordie he knew was always chattering away, bouncing with energy. The person in front of him was hardly moving. "Uh, Jordie...?" he repeated when the Hufflepuff didn't immediately respond and just stared at him. The other boy finally spoke, and Weston waited a beat to see if he would continue. When that didn't happen, Weston gingerly took a seat next to his friend and tried to place a hand on his shoulder. "Are you sick? Should I get a professor? I... I can get Professor Carter, if you want. Or a nurse." He was already mentally mapping out the fastest routes to the Hufflepuff common room and the hospital wing.

-godmodding approved-

Jordie had been holding it in for so long. He had refused to cry for Nate. For the way Jordie had been hurt. He had tried so hard to act like nothing had ever happened. But when Weston touched his shoulder, it was the final nudge. Jordie's lip quivered and his eyes brimmed with tears. Jordie crumbled, turning and burying himself against Weston.

Jordie wasn't sure how long he laid against Weston, crying, but eventually the tears ran out. Jordie lay there a moment, sniffling pitifully. "Nate..." Jordie whispered finally, clutching at Weston's shirt. "Nate broke up with me." He hiccupped. "He... he tried to make me choose between you. I would-wouldn't stop being your f-friend so- so he broke up with me," he buried his face in Westons chest, trying to burrow impossibly closer.

Weston froze when Jordie's eyes filled with tears. Had he done something wrong? Or maybe— Jordie suddenly threw himself at Weston. For a moment, Weston didn't know what to do. He didn't have much experience comforting others, so he tried to think about what his parents did when he was crying. After a second, Weston curled his arm around Jordie and tried to rub his friend's back soothingly. "It's going to be okay," he said. Weston didn't know what "it" was, but he was sure he'd find a way to make things better.

After some time, Jordie seemed to calm down. His first word was Nate, and Weston started to nod. He could go find Nate, and maybe the Gryffindor could cheer Jordie up. But then Jordie finished his sentence, and Weston's eyes widened. "Wait, why didn't he want us to be friends?" That made zero sense. He barely knew Nate. Weston didn't have much experience with relationships (or any experience, really), but he was pretty sure you weren't supposed to break up with someone because of their friends.

Jordie shook his head, shutting his eyes and trying to relax in the familiar warmth of Weston. He turned his head to rest his cheek on the other boys chest. "I don't know," Jordie's voice was weak. "He came over for break. We... were going for a walk to the bridge, just talking, he asked how I was," Jordie's grip on Wes' shirt tightened. "I told him the truth. I said I'd been with you and I'd met Ares, Amelie introduced us, and he just- he got so mad, he took his arm away and started going on about how I didn't need him,"

Jordie burrowed closer. "I-I tried to argue, but he just insisted that it was you or him, and I told him I wasn't going to choose, that you were both in my life, and he got so- so mad, said I'd made myself clear, and that I obviously didn't need him as my boyfriend, that we were through, and he stormed off." Jordie's eyes were tearing up again so he buried his face in Westons' chest to try and hide it, hoping it wasn't obvious how he was trembling.

Weston found it a bit difficult to follow Jordie's story, but he did his best to listen. He didn't know who Ares and Amelie were, and he definitely didn't understand why Nate had gotten angry. It sounded like Nate was upset that Jordie had friends, which didn't make any sense. The Ravenclaw in Weston wanted to ask questions, to try to understand, but even he could tell now was not the time. Besides, maybe it didn't matter. Nate had hurt Jordie, and now his friend needed him. Maybe that was all he needed to know.

"That's... really unfair of him," Weston offered uncertainly. He tried to continue patting Jordie's back, unsure whether he was being much help. Jordie seemed to be crying harder and had all but hidden his face in his shirt. "He shouldn't have tried to make you choose," he trailed off awkwardly, unsure how to address the fact that he was somehow involved in this breakup. Kind of. Deciding that repeating things Jordie already knew probably wasn't all that helpful, Weston tried to switch tactics. "Hey, it'll be okay. I'm here. Whatever you need, I'm here."

Jordie cuddled into Weston, letting himself just break down for the first time. "Can... can we just... stay here for a bit?" He asked, his fingers bunching up Weston's shirt. "I've just... I've spent so long pretending I don't care, pretending nothing happened, I..." He hiccupped, swiping at his eyes. "I feel safe with you," He admitted gently, turning to bury his nose in Westons neck. "I just.... need some time. Please?"

Weston nodded at Jordie's request. "Of course." Seeing Jordie so upset scared him. He had never seen his friend like this before, and it gave him a sense of the gravity of the breakup. "You don't have to pretend." At least that was something he understood. Weston had always worn his heart on his sleeve, finding it easier to be open with his emotions than to keep them hidden. "Yeah, of course." He paused, still trying to figure out how to make things better. "Do you want me to cast a cheering charm on you? I've gotten really good at those."

Jordie was starting to feel drowsy. He'd cried himself out, and he just felt tired. He frowned slightly at Westons offer. "No, I don't like magic that messes with emotions, it feels like manipulation," he yawned. "Can we just stay here and nap for a bit?" He asked, laying an arm over Weston and shutting his eyes.

Weston was a bit disappointed he wouldn't get to show off his charms skill. "Oh, okay." He wasn't sure he understood Jordie's logic, but he let it go. The most important thing was listening to Jordie and doing whatever the other boy felt comfortable doing. Weston nodded. "We can do that." It seemed Jordie was already falling asleep, and Weston shifted slightly so that he was sitting in a more comfortable position. He wasn't tired, but he figured he could sit quietly while Jordie napped. Weston still had all his music stuff with him. Maybe he could come up with a new melody by the time the Hufflepuff woke up. They needed to make up for all the missed band practices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back