Now, What Do You Want?

Colton Kovac

OOC First Name
Kaitlyn
Wand
Willow 15" Essence of Belladonna
Colton was not really feeling up to his usual self as he managed to make it through the past few weeks. What happened was that even though he and Gabrielle managed to move in together, and being together for almost a year now, if not a year already, Colton dealing with pregnancy and babies just reminded him of his own lost child. It was really getting under his skin, and he never wanted that to be brought up. The healers around knew that it was better not to bring it up, so that was good, but Colton just had to be reminded of it, each and every day. Though Colton looked and appeared normal on the outside, and his voice was unwavering when he spoke to others, everything just seemed to be normal. And when he was around Gabrielle, Colton was just as affectionate as before, trying to pretend the baby never happened. Even the nursery he had built was sealed off right now. It was sealed off so that no one could look in there and just be reminded more of the pain. Colton currently was sitting back in his office, after telling a couple that their baby of six months along was doing just fine, and for the woman to lay off the seafood before dismissing them. Colton continued to do some paperwork, updating on them as well. Colton finished off the paperwork, before he went on to another patient. They would be coming in for a checkup in about two hours, so Colton made sure to see what exactly the issue is with the appointment, and get himself prepared for what would come.

Kalina had never been in St. Mungos before. At least not this one anyways. The past two or three years she had been lurking around London so that was probably the reasoning for her never being here before today. But now she had a purpose to be in New Zealand. Before this, Kalina never cared to really be here, she had no business and no family here so what would the point of her being here be? Then she heard rumors of Colton being in New Zealand she couldn't resist. Not one bit. As much of a stick in the mud as he always was and probably always will be she couldn't forget that they had memories together. Back when they went to school together they had been best friends for as long as she could remember. They were inseparable and the entire school had always predicted them to get together and everything. But there was a point when Kalina truly cared for him too. Like a friend at least because she had never crushed on him and she never desired him for anything less than his gorgeous body. It was cruel, yes. But she didn't want to be tied down to just one person and she also didn't see her best friend as being the type of man she would fall in love with. He was too quiet and he was too serious for her. Kalina could not ever get him to party, to drink, or do anything remotely fun in her case. He was always preferring to study or be alone. He needed someone to get him out and into the world but it seemed that no matter what she did he refused to ever have fun. Eventually Kalina and Colton slept together. She was his first and he was hers. Even if Kalina didn't care about him in that way she allowed him to divulge in her. It felt amazing and so right to have that between them though. But as Kalina didn't care for Colton as much, she left him alone in the bed the morning and ended up going out to another club. It probably hurt him because after that night they completely fell apart and their friendship was totaled. They could barely even look at one another and when Graduation rolled around they didn't even bother to give one another the simplest goodbye hug. He left and did his thing and she left and did hers. Which mostly pertained of her working as a bartender and meeting so many cute men that she didn't know what to do with them all. But now, she wanted Colton back. Probably not to date. But she missed her best friend and figured he could show her a good time. It wasn't hard to find him once she really looked either. He worked at St. Mungos as a Healer. What a nerd. Helping was a complete and utter joke.

Inside the abnormally ugly Hospital, it took a fraction of a minute for Kalina to find the information she needed to get to Colton. A pudgy woman at the Receptionists desk told her where she could find Mr. Kovac at. The way the woman pronounced his name made Kalina roll her eyes and give the fatass a fake smile. She turned on her heels and headed down the hallway until she reached a gray-scale door that held her ex-bestfriend behind it. Carefully she opened the door and her eyebrow raised. Well he hadn't changed at all. "My, my, why so serious looking Colton?" Kalina laughed a soft, nearly wicked sounding laugh as her heels carried her curvaceous body into the office. Colton looked as serious as ever. Her dark eyes stared at Colton before she grinned and leaned against the door frame. He looked happier yet even more serious as she had last seen him act. She was going to get him back. One way or another, even if she had to take him in that office right now he would become hers again. Her fingers came back to push a piece of her hair out of her face as she slyly approached him. "Hello Colton. It's lovely to see you again. You haven't changed a bit though have you?"

Deep pools of brown seeped up and landed on a sight that Colton Kovac never wanted to see in his life again. After many years of friendship all gone to hell after one event. One event that he promised himself that he would never bring up again so long as he lived. After that, it was just over, and Colton had retreated into his shell, and vowed to never let anyone close to him again. Colton never felt so betrayed in his life, so he would never let that happen to him again - that is until Gabrielle came into his life and shone a bright light on his dreary ways. Colton's mind just changed, and he was a lot more active with things now. He was willing to try new things, willing to do more things as well. Even now, he and Gabrielle pertained in many sexual activities, and never once got old. Colton was in love, he had come to terms with that. He might even love her enough to spend the rest of his life with her. He wanted her with him forever, or at least long enough until she found a man that would be deserving of such a woman. She was deserving of such a man, someone that would be so much better than Colton. Colton loved Gabrielle, and that was what he thought many times. Colton narrowed those pools of brown when he eyed none other than the loathed and hated Kalina Engel. The first thing he thought of was what he ever saw in her. She was not that pretty, she was not that nice. Colton preferred blondes now anyway. Well, one blonde anyway, and that was Gabrielle. Those blue eyes and everything made him think that he had won the award. Colton had really done well in life now, and the year was something else. He loved the year that had passed as it was something else. It was full of adoration and light. Colton never had that with anyone, especially not with Kalina Engel. Never had he really felt something as strong as he did with Gabrielle.

The Healer had no idea what was going on. Colton did not want to even speak to Kalina ever again after that. Colton wanted nothing to do with her, and then there she was. Colton put his papers away. Colton said in an annoyed tone, "Kalina, could you wrap it up? I have appointment to get prepared for. Unless you are dying, or insane, then go to another floor because I don't think you belong on this floor." Colton really did not want to put up with her right now. Kalina was something else, what was she? Oh yes, a wh*re. Colton did not realize that she was actually here for him, and to get him back. Colton was glad that there was a desk between the two of them. Colton did not want her anywhere near her. Colton gently brushed his dark brown hair out of his eyes, before he went over more papers once more. Colton saw that she was approaching him, and Colton folded his arms across his chest, and leaned back against the chair. Colton needed nothing more dramatic in his life after the loss of his baby a bit back. Colton tapped his fingers against his arm and he uttered, "It isn't nice to see you again, and you should really leave and not waste my time. I see that you've not changed. I am only assuming that you are here for treatment from something you probably caught." Colton's voice was cold as ever, and there was nothing nice coming of this. Colton moved his hair from his eyes once more, as he went to look over his papers once more. He needed to get everything done for the couple that was expecting a baby girl. Their baby girl was at least seven months along and they were going to talk about the due dates and what classes to go to as well. Colton let out a sigh, and he doubted that Kalina was going to be leaving anytime soon. Colton now wished that he had a reason to leave his office. Any reason, like a cold blue actually... Please let there be a code blue.

It didn't phase Kalina one bit when Colton glared at her. She expected him to be at least somewhat hostile towards her for all the horrible things she had done to him in the past. But if he wanted to play meant and nasty Kalina could do that too. For the most part she was here to ruffle up some feathers and get people going anyways. One way or another she would have Colton back. Even if it were for just an hour in the night he would be hers and she would cherish the simple fact that she had gotten him over some other female. He was an easy man to sway because from what she remembered he wasn't able to handle stress all to well when he was in school so it must be the same way now. All Kalina needed to do was stress him out and then he would be like putty within her pale hands. As moments ticked along and she felt more and more annoyance be sent off by Colton's form, Kalina grew more and more amused by all of this. He obviously had forgotten that she was very very manipulative when she wanted to be. Kalina removed the jacker she wore on top of her clothing and set it down on his desk. Why not make herself more comfortable and show him that she didn't intend on leaving anytime soon. "Oh who cares if you have an appointment?! I'm here now and I demand attention. Is it so wrong that an old friend stopped by to check on you? Goodness gracious Colton you needed to be more grateful about the people in your life." He was being so mean to Kalina and all she wanted was to see him again. Later on she intended to have him in her arms but it wasn't like she needed to tell him that. It would ruin the surprise. The problem was making sure that he stayed in here so it would give them enough time to talk and catch up with one another. Kalina had been hearing rumors about Colton's life via their old classmates. But she couldn't really put any truth behind any of them because they seemed very out of character for him. Rumors that pertain of; Colton was dating, he was expecting a baby, he was working along side of the Death Eaters, he adopted a child from some foreign country. Some of them seemed more likely than others but that was why she was here other than to get him back. Figure out what her former best friend had been doing with his life. If there was some other girl and a baby involved in his life now, Kalina would make sure to squash them both firsthand. But it was unlikely because Colton was a selfish loner. He cared for no one but himself and that was what made Kalina's job so much easier. Him caring about no one made him vulnerable.

Now it seemed like he was getting annoyed with Kalina. That wasn't supposed to happen at all because he was supposed to be wanting her back out of desperation. What was going on here? He leaned back in his chair and tapped his fingers against his arms. But that didn't sway Kalina at all. She continued to advance until she was around his desk and was standing right behind him. Her milk colored hands grabbed a hold of the chair and turned it so that he would be facing her and so that she could look him directly in his deep brown eyes. "I came here to see you and only to see you. Not that you have changed either, your still the same selfish guy you were before I left you. Let me ask you a question; are you having fun closing yourself off from the world?" Kalina was being cruel. Colton was making her angry because he had been treating her so poorly today. Couldn't he forget the ghosts of the past and move on? They were adults now and Kalina had made a mistake in the past. He should want her forgiveness too. "What have you been up to since we last saw one another anyways?" Her voice sounded annoyed too but that was because she already assumed that she knew what he had been up to. Working and studying. The same thing he was always up to. Kalina could wager her money on him still being single too. People never changed. Even if they said they did it was normally never true enough to be seen by the naked eye.

Whether or not Kalina would get the fact that Colton never wanted her around him anymore seemed rather useless right now. Nothing could get a parasite off, and this was not something he was used to. Never had he been sought out just for sexual pleasure, but Colton did not know that is what the woman wanted. Then again, he had no idea what she wanted, and Colton even then knew that he did not want to give it to her anyway. Colton was a free man, and he wanted nothing to do with the past and how he was back then, which was a shy person who was extremely closed off. Colton narrowed those brown eyes once more, and was that a little harshness he had from his mother's and father's blood? There was some dark blood in him, not sure how thick it ran in the Rowan's but it ran thick in the Cardosi. Colton could easily be a Death Eater or something Dark if he so choose, but the issue with the man was, he did not care which side. He was more than happy to be in the middle, worrying about his own life and those around him rather than having to feel like he was obligated to choose sides. The moment Kalina removed her jacket, Colton rolled his eyes a little because she was not leaving like he so wished. He thought about paging the security, just to get her out of here. Colton retorted, "I for one care about my job. You aren't even considered a friend in my books anymore, so you should be grateful I don't call security and have them drag you out of my office, which is highly tempting." He ignored her about the whole 'more grateful about the people in his life' bit because she really needed to brush up on what he had in his life. Colton was no longer single, he had his sister living with him, and he was befriending a few people here and there. Vincent was quite the character actually. How could one not be humored by the Auror and his wife? Colton did not really go visit them but from time to time, a chat was required. Colton was also gaining his bonds with his brother Yvo which was a great thing, but as per always, Adrian and Colton still never got along even if they were overseas.

Kalina moved so that she was behind him, and then Colton nearly jumped in surprise when she turned the chair around so that he was facing her. Colton really did not want to deal with her right now, and her words were like daggers, but luckily, Colton was able to close himself off to real insults. He normally turned them against someone and made them look stupid for even trying. However, Colton did not want to even give it that effort though. Colton smirked lightly, but it only lasted a fraction of a second, before he stood up from the chair and used his arm to shove Kalina aside. Colton really did not want to deal with her, and now he was thinking about going and seeing his girlfriend just to lift his mood up a bit. Colton shook his head, "You really don't know anything. You are the same stupid girl from school, and will always be. You won't amount to anything; and no one will ever want you. I on the other hand, am happily seeing someone. The rumors around Saint Mungo's about me and my girlfriend, they are true, and I've never been happier. If you truly want to know what I've been up to, listen well and then leave." Colton had no time to deal with someone like her. He made sure that his office door was wide open, and he stood by the doorway. The more distance between them the better. Colton folded his arms across his chest once more, and he stated, "As stated before, I'm seeing someone, for well over a year now. I have my own house, two actually. I'm gaining friends within the hospital and outside as well. And I am repairing bonds with family. I am also raising my little sister, so that is something else." Colton now hoped that she had her bit and would just leave him alone now. He did not want her, and he did not want to be in the same room with her. After the betrayal, it still bothered him a little bit, but now, at least he had someone in his life that he could always count on, rather than just himself.

Kalina noticed that Colton certainly had grown our of his little shy boy stage that he used to be in. Never had she seen him so vicious and hostile before. In her eyes it was kind of hot. Even if his to her words did feel like a little pin stabbing her over and over again in that appendage everyone called a heart. Kalina was not made of stone and no matter how much she tried to pretend that nothing he said affected her, it did. It made her angry that he would treat her like this when she was only here to see him and have them both reconnect like they used to when they were younger. Was that so wrong for them just to hang out and be friends again? At least until her true intentions of hooking up with him came into play. Kalina rolled her eyes when Colton said he cared about his job. That was so like him too, to defend his job when working at a hospital probably sucked more than working as a grave keeper would be. But then he told her that she wasn't considered to be a friend in his books and that she was grateful that he didn't call security and have them drag her out of his office. "Excuse me? I was your only friend back in school. It would do you some good to remember that? I missed you, and I came back because of that...I have done nothing wrong and your treating me so horribly. Can you honestly say you don't miss me even the littlest bit?" Kalina raised her voice a little before her eyes fell to the door. Outside in the hall she could see a group of Healer's walk by hurriedly. There must have been an emergency somewhere because she figured that they rarely grouped like that unless something was wrong. Her eyes returned and fell onto Colton. Now that he was turned towards her she was able to get the best look at him that she had in awhile. My, my, he had certainly grown up from the last time she had seen him in person. He was taller, far more built than she remember him being before, and indeed he looked so much more handsome. His eyes eyes were also far more expressive than she remembered too. Kalina had to have him back. There was no way that she could just let him go on without having at least one more moment with him. It didn't matter how or when she would get him and show him how much she has developed over time. Well that is once Colton calmed down a little bit and realized that as his ex-best friend she knew so much more about him than he thought she did. Kalina would make sure that Colton remembered why she was once his best friend and why she was his first lover.

When Colton stood up from the chair and used his arm to shove her aside she rolled her eyes again and gave him a harsh stare. Now he was starting to poke at her the wrong way so she was going to have to fight back a little bit more. "How would you know if I will amount to anything or not! I have a job, and friends so it looks like were on the same page! W-wait..your dating someone? Do you actually have a baby like everyone has been saying too?" Kalina was dumbstruck now. Colton was dating someone else and wasn't available for her to go after anymore. Well that just wouldn't do. He could also be making up the fact that he was dating someone up. Now she had to investigate and make sure that he wasn't lying or making it up. Flicking some of her hair out of her face she followed him to the door and stood right in front of him again. Her eyes starting up at him. "What's your girlfriends name? Is she really ugly and mean? I bet she's really nothing more than a whiny little b*tch you keep around so you won't look like your into guys. But I sort of wonder...does she know at all how to touch you like I do?" Kalina let her hand float up as she placed her hand on his cheek ever so gently. That girl probably didn't know how to pleasure a man at all.

The healer kept asking himself why Kalina was still here, after after the obvious signs that he did not want her in here, and he did not want her around him anymore. Never again would he be betrayed by someone like her again. Colton had been around people for too long now, and they were getting even easier to read. Colton was just about to call security if she did not leave him the hell alone. He already had to face the fact that he was not going to be a father now, and he had to see people with babies on the way, and he could feel the jealousy somewhat. Well, maybe he just was not ready to be a father yet. He did not see himself as one yet anyhow. Even if he wanted it so much. Colton stated icily, getting even more irritated now to where he was showing it from his pools of brown eyes, "I don't miss you. I never think about you. I would not care if you died or lived. Past is past, and that is all there is to it. I treat people how they deserve to be treated, Kalina, you best remember that." Colton did not care how close they were back in school. She ruined it by turning into a wh*re, and he would never forgive her for using him like she did. Colton did not understand why she would do something like that, why anyone would actually. It all seemed like a game, and Colton was not going to be caught like that again. His brown eyes watched as a few healers wondered by hurriedly, and Colton wondered if he should go along, but then they went to another floor that he was not assigned to. Well, there went his hope of getting out of this. Colton did not even look at Kalina the way he did back when he was a teenager, which was gentle and warm. Nothing compared to how he looks at Gabrielle now, but Colton was not the type to pine over someone for so long. He waited for her to come back, but the wait was long since over. Colton had moved on, and that friendship was over.

His eyes went over her once and wondered how could she not know how she will amount to nothing. It was obvious. She was doomed to be nothing in her life. That was how some people like her turned out. There was little hope for her to turn around now. Well, she was still young, perhaps she could if she so desired. But Colton doubted it and he did not want to even mention it. A different person would not change anything. Kalina Engel was a no one. Colton pointed out, "I've seen people, they are easy to point out. We aren't on the same page, because we are two different people." But she seemed a little surprised that he was dating someone. Colton nodded and then she asked the question about the baby thing. Colton would just have to lie about it. Colton shook his head and he murmured, "That part is a rumor. I am too young to be a father right now, and would prefer waiting until marriage." That might be true, he wanted to wait until marriage preferably, then again, he wanted to also find the one that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. That person had to be Gabrielle. He loved her, and he wanted no one else in the world. He just wanted her. Colton felt her hand on his cheek, and then her words clicked in his mind. Colton slapped her hand from his face, and he shoved her from him. Colton was getting meaner, perhaps it was the Cardosi side in him coming out. The side that not many see because not many could get under his skin. Colton narrowed his eyes, and he answered her questions, "Gabrielle is her name. She is the most beautiful girl I have ever laid eyes on, and also the sweetest. She knows how to touch me actually, because we managed to sleep together the first date. Besides, you weren't good at all - not that I can remember, and don't know how pleasure someone like me." Colton then wondered, was this what she was getting at? Wanting him back so that she could get him in the sheets again? Colton made sure to increase the distance between them by stepping away from her. "Kalina Engel, I've moved on from you. Now, get out of my office, before I force you out of here in a matchbox."

Gabrielle's shift at St. Mungos was ending a little bit early today. Her boss noticed that despite the fact that she was working really hard and trying her best to be at the top of her game, she looked unwell today. Honestly she did feel miserable and ill today, but she wanted to keep her job and she wanted to stay strong for Colton. Another one of the many downfalls that came with a miscarriage was the health issues that sometimes followed. It was nothing too serious. Just some cramping and irritating headache's that made it hard to really concentrate on everything that didn't involve the headache. It was just a miserable time all together and she wasn't sure how long it was supposed to last either. But she knew better than to let it get to her all the time because Colton worried about her enough and she didn't want him always worrying about her like he did. He was going to make himself sick or something one day by doing that and she didn't want to see that happen. So she hid most of the time when she was feeling sick and it seemed to be doing her justice until just recently. Her boss noticed today that she seemed a little off and since it was known within her job that she had lost the baby everyone was tolerable about her feeling sick and weak lately. But he was trying to get over it as quickly as she could manage so she wouldn't bother everyone with her current state. Her mental state wasn't as bad as it had been in the past though. At first all she did was cry and mope around for the loss of the baby. It took a fair few weeks or two before she was able to even react normally to the word 'baby' while she was at work. But her co-workers understand that it was a difficult subject for both her and Colton. Never was she more thankful that he was here for her though because Colton had become the rock that helped her stay afloat during this whole miserable process. If she wasn't in love with him before the whole miscarriage thing happened, she certainly did now. Never once had he left her side during the first few days. He took care of her and told her the most comforting words he could manage and that made her very grateful. Grateful that someone was there to offer her kind words. Then two weeks later he didn't make a large fuss over her birthday or anything, but he did ask her to move in with him. Which despite the nervousness and shock she felt at the moment, she answered yes to him. Xavier ended up getting married to this woman and Gabrielle was unsure about the two of them anyways she didn't really want to be in that situation. Moving in with Colton would give her more time to be with him anyways. So she moved out of her old home she had been in the past few years and moved in with Colton. Gabrielle had also been given a separate bedroom but she had yet to actually sleep alone inside the room. Whether it was in his room, or hers. They always slept together. Since Gabrielle was leaving earlier she took the liberty of telling Colton that she would be going home early so he didn't worry if he didn't see her later. Plus she had brought him some lunch too since his break was just about to start. Once she reached on the door she knocked lightly.

For a moment she didn't even notice the other girl in the room because the moment her baby blue orbs landed on her boyfriend she grinned softly, allowing that pretty smile of hers to light up the room. "Hey." She started breathlessly. They were like these lovestruck little teenagers and it was obvious that half the time neither of them knew what they were doing and why they were acting the way they were. "I just came by to tell you that my shift ended a little early. So I'm headed home and stuff. Oh- and I brought you some lunch. I kind of stole a drink of your coffee on the way here though so sorry about that." Gabrielle spoke with such a gentle and lighthearted tone, one would almost think that her and Colton had been raised around one another their whole lives by this. She walked over and set the food on his desk before she leaned up and kiss him softly. By this point she became aware of another presence in the room and froze before she raised an eyebrow. She must have been sick or something if she clearly didn't notice a person within the room. Biting her lip softly Gabrielle tried to figure out whether or not she should be embarrassed or not. "Oh my gosh, are you with a patient? I'm so sorry. Should I go?" Well she was going to go soon anyways but not until she had said her goodbye's to Colton and made sure that he was alright. Normally this was his break time anyways so that was why she hadn't bothered to check and see if he was working with someone. Now she just felt bad and from the look that the woman in room was giving her, she must have interrupted something. Ooops.

Kalina severely disliked how he was acting towards. He couldn't really act like there was absolutely nothing between them and still consider himself having a heart at the same time at all. It was cruel and it was denying the past and how they really did have more of a connection than he liked to admit they had. They used to be best friends back when they were in school together, and they had even been each other's firsts so it wasn't like they were strangers. Colton may pretend like it never happened, or he didn't remember but Kalina knew better than that. He knew and he remembered but he was afraid to face it and he was afraid to face her. Then he slapped her hand from his face, and he shoved her from him and Kalina stumbled back and glared at him. How dare he treat her like that when she was trying to be civil with him. If he was going to be rude and cruel to her she was going to have little response to him other than being forceful for his attention's. If she had to she'd pin him to the damn floor and take him there and then. Her return to search for him was all because she desired him sexually and she desired a man that wouldn't be too much of a bad boy and a jerk so that she could easily sway him into doing things for her. Colton seemed to fix that place perfectly so she really needed him more than he probably realized. He was also dating another woman which would just not do. There wasn't supposed to be competition for his attention. Kalina imagined him to still be alone and hating the world for all it was worth, which was where she was supposed to sweep in and treat him like every man wanted to be treated so he would fall for her and she could have him under her control. Dangle him around like the pathetic little fool he was. She would never actually date him either though. They were not meant to really to ever be together in a relationship. He was too cold and mopey for her. Unless he had changed to the point where he liked to go out and party now, he was still of no interest to her. "Blah, blah, blah. You sound like this brainwashed loser that has no idea what he's talking about. I thought you were against sleeping with woman so soon or have you dropped your standards? Oh and you sure as hell were not complaining the night we actually slept together. Stop acting like you don't miss me at all Colton Dalek Kovac. I know you far better than you think I do." Kalina was about to either hit him back for hitting her in the first place, or pinning him against the wall and kissing him. Perhaps a mixture of both because one would show him to think twice before hitting her again. The other would maybe show him that she really did miss him. Well she didn't really but maybe it would make him think that she was. But just as Kalina's tall figure turned to get closer to Colton she heard a knock at the door and paused. Was she ever going to get Colton where she wanted or was she going to have to rip off some faces?

Kalina noticed that it was a female that had knocked on the door. A very beautiful female at that. To the point where Kalina could easily admit that she was jealous of the women's appearance. She had a very light colored blonde hair that had soft waves in it, which was still easily noticed despite it being pulled back. The bangs were what gave it away. The woman at the door also had very smooth but pale skin, which contrasted very well against her eyes. Which was probably the part that stuck out the most to Kalina. They were a very bright and sparkly light blue color. Overall the woman was stunning and Kalina started to wonder if this was the girl Colton was smitten over. By the look she was giving him, it appeared that she just may be the Gabrielle he was speaking about. Instead of being acknowledged as well she was passed by the woman as she made her way over to Colton and leaving Kalina in the dust. Yeah they were certainly dating. Another thing Kalina noticed as she eyed the girl with as much distaste and hostility as she could manage, was that the girl was very petite. She could probably be close to half a foot or so shorter than Kalina, and her body was so tine she could easily be squashed like a little bug. Awh and the little snot even brought him some lunch. It wasn't until Kalina watched Colton get guessed that she finally grew annoyed enough to say something. "Do I look sick or pregnant you stupid blonde? You must be Gabrielle though. Oh I've heard all about you." The blonde haired girl stepped away from Colton for a moment which was probably her worst idea because that allowed Kalina to approach her. Purposely trying to get a rise out of Colton or the girl Kalina took a finger and grabbed a lock of Gabrielle's bangs and played with it. "You are right Colton. She is very beautiful. But she is too small...like a little mouse." And then Kalina gave a mini tug on the girls bang and tore a few pieces of hair out. The blonde haired girl made a small ow and narrowed her eyes at Kalina. Oh so she was a firebolt too?

Colton really did not want to be here right now, and the tone that she was using was not going to cut it with Colton. Maybe he was a doormat back when he was in school, but he had definitely changed since then. He rolled his eyes and he uttered, "Just because I am not under your control, does not mean that I am acting like a loser. To be frank, I don't care what you think, and say what you want, and by the way, obviously I have not dropped my standards so low that they would meet your levels of qualifications." Colton thought for a moment and he shook his head, "Oh yes, you sleep with everything that moves. Back then, perhaps you have forgotten that I was a mindless teenager. It isn't hard to get one of them into the sheets. And no, I don't miss you, Engel, and would love it if you just got out of my office." His tone was seeping more and more with the venom that he rarely used. Colton hated talking like this, but he was proving a point. He did not want to tell her that he had gotten drunk accidentally and ended up sleeping with Gabrielle. But anytime after that, Colton welcomed it with open arms. She was the best he had ever had, and clearly surpassed Kalina because frankly, both sucked back in the days. Colton had a lot more experience now, which was good for Gabrielle but Kalina would never know just because she was not anything to Colton anymore. He glanced over and saw Gabrielle; his brown eyes immediately warmed up greatly, and Colton welcomed her into the office. Even though he was close to standing against the wall, Colton almost face palmed when she asked if Kalina was a patient. If she was anything close to a patient, she would need to be admitted into a psychological institution. Colton hated her with a passion, but the past was the past and he was over it. Colton would not have been over it if Gabrielle had warmed the ice from his heart. Colton slipped his arm around her waist and pulled her close to his body. She might have been small but she was good enough for Colton. He thought that she deserved so much better than he, but no, Colton was the one that was under her spell. He was completely in love with her, and he was never going to change that at all. Colton was still appalled that Kalina even knew his middle name still. Seeing that he never really spoke about it at all. Colton wanted nothing more to call security, but now that Gabrielle was in here, he did not want her stressed out over drama that happened to him. She had enough without his problems to aid onto her own.

"Gabrielle, that's fine. I should be home around eight tonight, depending on how my last appointment goes." Colton had gotten here at nine this morning, so it was a good shift for him. Colton kissed her softly in return, something so sweet and soft, it was full of love. Colton didn't want Gabrielle to step from him, but once she did, the moronic girl approached Gabrielle which made Colton tense up greatly. How could she want Colton to get so pissed off? Colton was about to release a darker side to him that no one had seen it. Colton instead rolled his dark eyes and he got between Kalina and Gabrielle. Colton stared her down, and there was something different about his expression. It was not cold, nor was it angry or irritated. It was dark. Colton stared at her for a moment, before he reached into his pocket and retrieved a magical device that contacted the others. He spoke into it, "Security, we have a civilian in Healer Kovac's office, disturbing the peace; would you be so please to escort her out of the building?" Colton put it back into his pocket, and he smirked slightly. They would be here shortly, in fact he could see them approaching the office from the end of the hall right now. Colton glanced over at Gabrielle and he gave her a loving smile, but one could tell that he was really stressed out. He almost lost his appetite because he was reminded too much of his past. And he did not even feel that Kalina was worth her name being shared to his girlfriend. Colton loved her, and though he did, he was just afraid of saying it because it might have been too soon. Colton thought that it was a rational fear which it was easily. Colton ran his fingers through his hair once and he hoped that everything would end up better. Colton wanted Kalina out of the office, and the security folk came in pairs, and both here were larger than Colton, and at least twice as wide. One obviously had more muscle on the bones than the other. Colton murmured, "Kalina, I suggest you see yourself out before they do." Colton turned his body from her and he smiled over at Gabrielle. He would explain everything to her once she was gone, but the attention was surely on her. Colton whispered to her, "Thank you so much for lunch, and you can stay as long as you want here." Colton just hoped that she would stick around for a little while, maybe to calm him down and all. Colton really needed it because Kalina really got under his skin. He did not want anything to do with the woman, and yet she was still around, which was not what he wanted in his lifetime.

Gabrielle curved up an eyebrow as an annoyed look took over her face and she was faced with the fact that this women was already turning out to be a major pain in the ass. She wasn't a patient either so Gabrielle didn't feel obligated one bit to be nice to her either, and that was not something you wanted to end up in. Thanks to her mother she knew exactly how to put on an attitude when she wanted to put on one. "At least I don't look like a cheap Asian hooker." Gabrielle sneered as he scrunched up her nose and put her hands on her hips, her baby blue's narrowed up as she looked at Kalina with nothing but spite and annoyance. Despite the fact that the girl was seemingly almost a good foot (or close to it) taller than her she wasn't in the least bit afraid of her. She had stood up to men even bigger than this chick so it wasn't like she had much of a reason to fear the women or anything. Besides she was pretty sure that Colton wouldn't really let either of them take each other out right in his office either. But if they did she certainly wouldn't lose, she knew how to fight and she knew how to throw down a person or two when she wanted to. Refluffing the bang that the girl put her nasty little hands on Gabrielle snorted and wondered what on earth gave anyone the impression that she was like a little mouse, yeah she was short and quite thin, but she had curves too, she had a butt, and she had a chest. There was no way she could be that small. Perhaps Kalina just didn't know how even the smallest if creatures had a nasty bite. Gabrielle would teach her that one tonight, and she would be brutal about it too. Since she was still quite close to Colton's desk she picked up the cup and took another sip of it before she smiled softly, it was so obviously fake though. It lacked it's normal prettiness and now it was filled with slyness and just pure 'I'm going to hit you right where it hurts you stupid b!tch look'. Just as she was about to take another drink the ugly girl ran her mouth again and Gabrielle rolled her eyes. Perhaps Kalina was one of those girls that just did not know when to shut her mouth and avoid getting into more trouble than she already was. As if her stupid even mattered to Gabrielle at all, no one one but Colton's really ever mattered to her these days. With slowly movements, Gabrielle moved the cup outwards and before anything could be done by Kalina, Gabrielle turned her hand over and poured the warm coffee all over the woman across from her. The entire time the smirk was absent from her face. By the time the cup was all emptied she crush it in her hand then grabbed Kalina's and placed the crush cup inside hers. "News flash, Kalina...if you want to harass me your going to need to try a lot harder than that. Second, before you want to go around bullying people that look smaller and weaker than you, remember to know what your actually up against. Stay away from my boyfriend." Gabrielle told Kalina with a final wink of her blue eye before she turned and headed back over to her boyfriend. She hated for her boyfriend to have to see this side of her and stuff, but she didn't want some skanky little brown noser touching her boyfriend and also trying to make fun of her. She pretty much felt that she had the right to defend herself. And defend her man, now she was going to have to make it up to him. After all she did destroy his cup of coffee and she knew how much he loved that.

"I'm really sorry about that hun." Gabrielle apologized as she stepped up to her boyfriend and wrapped her arms around his back softly. It was a gentle hug but she figured it was a semi-decent apology and it would completely snub it in Kalina's face that she had Colton. That she loved him more, and that this was certainly all of hers and all of hers only. There was no way she was intending to let him go either. Though her heart knew it was wrong to love him she could no longer help herself around him. He was her one weakness and no matter what she tried to tell herself about her feelings they grew stronger and stronger every damn day that she was around him. Her head buried it's way into his chest as she breathed out and tried to calm down. This was no way to act in a Hospital but she couldn't help it when she was upset. Perhaps it could be blamed on her feminine hormones. "I'll get you some new coffee and stuff, I think I'll stay here until your break is over at least. That way I won't have to wait forever for you to get home and stuff." Gabrielle's hands went up to his face and pulled it down so could be him a heated but sweet kiss. Pretty much she was rubbing it into Kalina's face once again that this was all hers. Once she broke the kiss she remained with her arms around him and her staring at Kalina. Hopefully she would go so Gabrielle could spend a little private time with her boyfriend before she went home and rested a little.

So the little mouse had some fire in her did she? Kalina was a little surprised that Gabrielle had said or done anything but the comment about the Asian hooker thing make her stop in her tracks and narrow her black eyes at the younger girl. If there was one thing Kalina didn't take kindly to it was being insulted by someone she felt was beneath her on the social status. Despite the fact that Colton's girlfriend was extremely pretty and seemingly successful with her job she didn't think that the girl could have anything else that good going for her. Wasn't it enough to have good looks, a job, and probably one of the last actually decent guys in the world wrapped around her little finger. It wasn't fair that Kalina wanted him and wanted him for her own and she couldn't have him because some snot nosed blonde stepped into the picture first. One way or another she would make sure to get that girl out of the picture, particularly thanks to her snarky mouth that she had right upon her. "At least I have some form of sex appeal. You look like you belong in some child's room, like a little barbie doll. If Colton is the best you can do anyways." Kalina sneered coldly at Gabrielle as she peered over her shoulder to make sure that Colton hadn't brought the big bad security guards in to take her away for acting like this towards his precious little sweetheart. Honestly Kalina could give a sh*t if he was absolutely head over heels in love with her or not, if she got in her way there would be an intense catfight between then two of them. Kalina would have Colton back and once she was out of the picture Kalina would do her an even bigger favor and save her from the cool fate of having to see Colton every day and suffering. Her job could be easily taken care of and her things could be removed from his place as well as anything that was inside of her place. They had to eliminate one another from their lives and all their suffering would be taken care once they were no longer together. All Kalina had to figure out was how in the world she could ever get them apart. Some warm coffee was dumped on her and Kalina bit out a growl of frustration and anger. Then the cup was even placed in her hands after it was crushed too. But it was tossed to the floor as soon as it was placed inside of it. Who in the hell did that girl think she was to do that to her and think she could walk away without some sort of payment for her harsh move. On top of all of that bull it seems that Gabrielle was also starting to dangle Colton in front of her. By the way she hanging onto him, her arms latched around his chest and everything, Kalina knew what she was doing. Oh how she would just love to smack the lovey dovey look off of her face.

"Wow you two really make me sick, you two are so obviously in love one another it's pathetic." Kalina scowled and brushed some of her hair from her face and stared at the two of them with a look filled with such bitterness and annoyance that it was clearly obvious that she was jealous of their relationship. Kalina may not desire Colton in the way that a lover would, but she did wish that someone that actually was her type would look at her like that way. With softened eyes and a look that clearly said within itself that someone loved her. Kalina may be bitter and cold but she could see in his eyes, and inside her eyes that they clearly held strong feelings for one another. Which made it that much harder to break them it seemed but she was willing to go through the challenge of it all. "Excuse me? You actually called security? Let's see them carry me out then because I refuse to leave until your girlfriend apologizes for covering me in coffee." Kalina crossed her arms and leaned against the wall.

Colton reached around the back of his head and placed his hand on there. He shrugged lightly and then he could not help but snicker a bit before he covered it with a cough when she said that Kalina looked like a cheap Asian hooker. How could that happen? Well, then again, she did look like it. Colton muttered coldly, "I hardly call her cheap, when she is actually free of charge." Colton did not even seem like he was enjoying the insults that were coming. Colton did not really like it when people were insulting for the fun of it. Colton was completely serious. He had always been serious but when he was insulting, he never smirked or even appeared cocky. It was not his thing at all. Colton rolled his eyes when Kalina did the best to insult Gabrielle, and he glanced over at the guards that were just waiting for his command to take Kalina away. Colton shook his head though when he thought about it, Gabrielle had gone higher than her. Colton was a great man, and he felt like it anyway. And Gabrielle managed to keep him around a lot longer than she ever had. She could never have him again. Once was surely enough for the healer. He could not stand to really be in the same room with Kalina, but right now, he could just careless. He had his girl, and the guards were right there waiting for his command. Gabrielle chosen to embrace him in which that he returned the favor and wrapped both of his arms around her as well. He was enjoying the fact of how she just dumped the coffee all over her though now he was wishing that wasn't done, but Gabrielle promised that she would give him another coffee so he was not that worried about it anyway.

Then there was a sweet kiss, which was some of the best kisses that he had ever had. Colton melted into the kiss, and though it was being used to dangle that she had Colton. Colton did not care actually. He liked being dangled just so that she could possibly get the idea that Colton no longer wanted or needed Kalina in his life. He never needed her, and now never wanted her back. Maybe he did in the past, but now was different. Colton stared back down at her as he smiled lovingly. However, Kalina's words rather stunned Colton. His brown pools went over to Kalina and narrowed his eyes. Colton shook his head and he uttered, "You wouldn't know love if it smacked you across your face. And if you believe we love each other, fine, even though I don't think it has progressed that far yet, then you won't have a shot anyhow." Colton continued to hold Gabrielle in his arms and he turned his head to the guards. Colton wondered if Kalina was blind or if she was just plain stupid. Colton turned his attention to the guards and he said, "Guards, take her away. She has no business here, and I have appointments." The guards nodded and they closed in the young woman that had no interest in the eyes of Gabrielle and Colton. Colton just hoped that the guards could get her out of the office without having to draw up any attention. He did not want anything like that for himself and his girlfriend. Colton wanted some time alone with his girlfriend. He was on break for a little while, and then he would be back on his shift. This was why he preferred private visits, to get rested up before some of his other more complicated appointments.

Gabrielle let a snort leave her when Colton said that Kalina couldn't be cheap because she was actually free of charge, which by far was worse than what she had said to begin with. Since he knew Kalina better then she did he was probably right and she was even lower status than that of a hooker. The second comment she sent at Gabrielle probably sounded an insult to her but really it just further proved the point that she wasn't revolting to look at while Kalina was. "You talk too much." Gabrielle replied in a casual tone. Acting as if she was talking to someone she had been best friends with for years and years as she was very casual when she was trying to refrain from smacking the daylights out of someone. Then again over time she perfected on talking to people with her emotions had gone askew and such because speaking and showing emotion when her mother was around was very dangerous to do. If that woman could pick up on any hint of emotion she could use against someone she would do it in a heartbeat. That was the one thing all of her children learned even from a young age, that was to never let their mother pick up on what they were feeling if she was angry. Then Kalina said something that made Gabrielle freeze completely in horror. How the hell was she able to read anyone that easily. Was it that obvious that Gabrielle was in love with her or did Kalina have some sort of creepy mind reading power that neither of them knew about. It made her worry because Colton wasn't supposed to know and Gabrielle was not supposed to be in love with him in the first place. Her mother would throw a fit and before she knew it both her and Colton would be a world of trouble. In fact she intended to find some way to try and fall out of love with him before she ever admitted to him, or would she admit to him them tell him it was a mistake. Every time she tried to think of falling out of love with him though, it hurt. It hurt to think of not having this wonderful feeling every time she saw his voice or heard his voice. If it kept up like this she was going to find it impossible to not love him and then she would just be stuck. Releasing Colton from her embrace she crossed her arms over her chest and snorted as she turned her head to the side. As much as it hurt to act like so, she didn't want to make it seem like she loved him at all. "I don't really believe that love even exists so I don't know why you'd get it into your head that I love anyone, because I don't." Ouch, she couldn't even look at his face as she said that because the lie hurt and the lie made her feel like she was the worst person in the entire world for saying it. Her heart wanted her to turn, wrap her arms around him, and spill everything. But her mind told her that doing so would put her heart at risk. What if he didn't love her back and her broke her heart? Gabrielle didn't want to suffer like her mother did with a broken heart.

As the guards guided Kalina away Gabrielle shook her head and watched them leave. Once she was completely put of the room Gabrielle closed the office door behind them and sighed. Now that she dumped Colton's coffee and pretty much made herself feel like the most horrible person in the entire world for saying a lie like that. Her body was against the door for a moment before she breathed out and glanced back at Colton. Her piercing blue eyes meeting with his darker ones. Who was she kidding? She wasn't going to fall out of love with that, with him in general. But if she couldn't do that then what was she supposed to do? Tell him, pretend that she wasn't? Try to figure out if he loved her back? "Okay who was she exactly? I wish I could stay here and take a nap instead of going home now, she completely ruined my decent mood." She bit out as she approached him again. This time instead of hugging him or kissing him she just stood there and looked. Touching him would only make her want more and then she'd never get out of his office before his break ended. They ended up having an intimate moment in his office once before and she wasn't sure if they'd ever do that sort of thing again. Especially when now they were actually dating and it'd be a lot easier for people to guess what they were up to.

Colton was glad that the show was winding down, and what Gabrielle said to her was true. Kalina did in fact talk way too much for her own good. Colton hated that she was still here and talking because it was obvious that neither cared nor wanted her here. Colton figured that ignoring her from this point on and allowing the guards to take her away would be good enough for now. But then what Gabrielle said, even though he knew that he loved her, he believed her when she said that she did not love anyone, and that including himself. It pained him, right in the chest. It brought back the hurt that he felt when their daughter had died while still in the womb. Colton would hope that he would not show it, because though he would never share his feelings around Kalina for Gabrielle, he did not know if it was time to share them with her anyway. Gabrielle was the love of his life, the life of his being. She brought him to a world that was just amazing, and now that he was hearing this, it just echoed into his mind and every second he believed it to be true. Colton couldn't stop loving her, that was now how it was supposed to work anyway. Colton wanted to be there with her every step of the way. Colton wanted her and no one else. Perhaps one day the feelings would be mutual and he looked forward to that day anyway. Colton just stood there and he could not think of what he could say in order to prove to her once Kalina was gone, and Gabrielle shut the door behind her and the guards, Colton still seemed almost frozen on the spot. It was hard, loving someone and them not returning that love. How could anyone bare with this type of feeling?

The healer met her blue eyes with his own when she seemed to be leaning against the door. He Just let out a soft sigh and he felt a little bad for having Kalina ruin her mood. Colton reached around and scratched the back of his head. How could he explain Kalina to Gabrielle? He started, "Kalina, she's, um..." Yet the words did not come. He was still stunned over the fact that Gabrielle did not believe in love. Love was out there, and even a cold man like Colton knew this. He didn't know how he knew it when he was raised without love from his adopted parents and birth parents anyway. Colton let out a sigh, and he explained, "Remember that former best friend I used to have in school, that kind of pulled me around and when we slept together, she ran off and became a wh*re? Well, you just met her in this office today." Colton figured that would be the best explanation he could really offer her at this point anyway. The healer crossed the room and he sat down behind his desk in his chair. He folded his arms across his chest, and he hoped that she would really stay. Even though she had approached him, he just felt a little awkward so that was why he went and sat down behind his desk. Colton glanced up at Gabrielle, and he was dying to ask how she felt about him. He could step the mile now, and ask her, or just tell her how he felt so that he could get if off his chest because it was weighing him down like an anchor. Colton started, "Gabrielle, I-" he was interrupted with a woman's voice said over the intercom that his patients arrived, and he thought that it was a little early for them to arrive. Colton let out a sigh, and he told the secretary just five more minutes before he smiled over at his girlfriend, "Seems like I am getting back to work early. Maybe I'll get off early."

Gabrielle kept quiet the entire time Colton described Kalina to her. Of course she remembered the friend that he had been really close with and lost his virginity to. The one that no matter who she was, Gabrielle was going to hate her because she had been Colton's first instead of her and it just wasn't fair to her. A part of her felt that she wanted it more than the other girl ever had but she wasn't even around to be with Colton when it probably meant the most to him. In fact that whole thing had happened before her and Xander ever happened so maybe that could have saved both of them from a miserable experience. Glancing down at her feet there was an obvious awkward feeling within the room now. Particularly because there was now a feeling of jealousy filling her heart as she thought more about it. "You don't still like her or anything...do you?" Gabrielle asked him, her voice slow and not holding very much lightness in it. Mostly because she felt like she would much rather follow that ugly Asian girl out of the room and beat her into a senseless pulp for ever touching Colton and for ever daring to come back here. Why she asked him that she didn't know why but she felt in her heart that there was no reason for her to be nervous when it came to Colton, he was so loyal it was cute. It actually wasn't him that she didn't trust. It was Kalina because she seemed like the type to be a complete sneak. Perhaps she intended to have them fight and separate from one another so she could swoop in and then try to take him back. That would literally break Gabrielle's melting heart too. As she had fallen in love with him, seeing him with another women and looking happy would be like a giant knife placed into her chest. So she wasn't willing to let Colton go without a fight. Shaking her head she tried to dismiss her thoughts. "Never mind, I don't even know why I asked that. I just hope she knows that I don't intend to share you with her one bit. And if she doesn't like that I can always find another cup of coffee to dump on her." Gabrielle huffed and crossed her arms over her chest as she put her weight down on one of her legs and let the other one rest for a bit as she tried to make it so her legs hurt her less. She would rather suffering through sore legs then spend less time with him than she usually did whenever she came too visit him during his break. If she could she would stay here all day with him but one thing she didn't want to do was be clingy so she would give him space from time to time and she knew that he couldn't have her around when he was on the job because she'd probably be a distraction to him.

Sky blue eyes widened and drifted back to Colton as he began to say something to her. By as luck would have it he was interrupted by the intercom that was announcing that one of his patient's had arrived. What the hell had just happened and what was he going to say to her. He liked her being here, he liked the lunch, maybe he even loved her? Well okay so Gabrielle was over exaggerating on that last one but she wished it was true and that was what he was going to say. Then he announced that he had to get back to work. "I going to punch that secretary." Gabrielle puckered out her lower lip and cocked her head to the side lightly as she glared daggers at the intercom that could have ruined a completely beautiful moment between her and Colton. Since that had prevented them from having their feelings said and done Gabrielle needed to think of some way to tell him her feelings. Without looking like a complete idiot anyways. "I guess I'll go home then. Maybe take a nap or something so I won't be grumpy when you get home. I'm not leaving until you get up and at least give me a hug." Five minute's was all she had, no fun at all. Hopefully he was home early tonight or something to make up for lost time, but like she had said earlier, she didn't want to be clingy so he could take his time if he wanted. Gabrielle would probably have dinner ready for him anyways. Tonight felt like a chicken or soup night, maybe both. Standing with her hands on her hips, she raised an eyebrow and waited for her hug.

--Colton gazed over at Gabrielle as if she said something that was around the same effect that she was really a dragon in disguise and was going to eat him for supper. Never had he been so amazed by the question. He thought that it was easy to tell that he really did not like her anymore. Kalina was a disgusting slut to the Healer, and he wanted no one other than Gabrielle. She was the one that he loved and cherished, though he was still a little numbed that she did not feel the same for him. Those words that she issued how still stung, but he brushed it aside anyway. "Belle, I hate her. If she died, I would not care a bit. Just don't go around her, because she might bite and give you slut rabies." Colton shuddered for a flicker of a second before he turned his attention to Gabrielle and smiled once more at her. Despite the event today with Kalina, it had not been a bad day. Of course, he liked it when Gabrielle came and made things better just by being there. When Gabrielle said that she was going to punch the secretary, he just nodded and agreed. Just as soon as he was going to tell her that he loved her and then he had to get to work. Colton smiled when she told him that she was going to go home and nap, and was not leaving until she got a hug. He got up from his desk, and walked over to her. He embraced her and before he would let her go, he gave her a lingering, sultry kiss on the lips, leaving a hint of what he wanted to do tonight. "I'll see you at home soon, Belle."

Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back