Nothing is Really Restricted

Cole Ignatius

OOC First Name
Ash
It was late and the Library was pretty much deserted, Cole had decided he wanted to get into the Restricted Section and was going to do exactly that. Walking around he had decided that the entrance to the restricted section was really hidden behind a book one one of the many shelves. Climbing onto a desk he looked at the Books in the Section lettered R and started pulling any book with the word Restricted in the title he thought that was a good place to start.

After a while he realized he couldn't reach all the books he wanted so he started pulling the thicker books off the shelf and standing on them to give himself Extra height and continued to pull books hoping one of them would open a secret door to enter the restricted Section, he reached up onto his toes when the books beneath him tipped and fell to the side throwing him off his tower, he hit the floor with a thud and the books fell on him adding to more thuds echoing around 'Stupid Books, I must be getting close' he muttered 'Library Staff, clean that up' he demanded not knowing if anyone would hear him, he built another tower of books and jumped onto them to reach for another book.

With her nose buried in a book, Ivory herself was seated, crossed legged, at the end of one of the libraries many shelves. Most of the other students had left, but the girl was struggling to grasp the concepts of a few of her subjects. Magic was still a very new way of life to have to adapt to, and without prior knowledge of this entire, magical community and any of its history, she had fallen a fair bit behind in her studies. Unfortunately for her, the textbook she had found was enchanted, and the words infrequently rearranged themselves. It had taken her a small amount of time to figure out herself, but after reading one sentence too many times, she eventually closed the book, giving up for the day.

Rising to her feet, Faraday made to exit the library, walking down the aisle she had been sitting by, and catching sight of a boy standing atop a pile of books at the far end, in time to watch him tumble to the ground. She snorted quietly, covering the lower half of her face with her hand in an effort to not make it obvious she was laughing. He mustn't have seen, or heard her, because once more he built another tower to stand on. "So like," She started as she walked closer, careful to stand a distance away for if and when he'd fall again. "Did you think of asking for a ladder?"

Hearing a voice near him he begrudgingly looked down at the girl who had decided it was her business to speak to him 'so, like, do you think if I needed a Ladder I would have asked for one' his tone wasn't kind 'Honestly, Do you think it's your business giving people your opinion' he added wondering why the girl thought she could speak to him or question what he was doing, reaching up he grabbed another book and placed it under his feet taking another step up, he pulled on another book and his balance wavered again causing him to pull a book off the shelf and accidentally tossed the book in the girls direction.

Ugh, boys. Ivory rolled her eyes in response to the Slytherin. "Okay, because you're doing so well without one, right?" She responded, with a slight poke of her tongue. "Honestly, I do. Some people are too dumb to come up with a good idea on their own. For example." The girl gestured at his precarious pile of books, pointing out how evidently stupid it was to do. But as she turned to leave him to his antics, she felt the weight of one of the leather-bound texts on the back of her shoulder. Thinking he'd thrown the book at her on purpose, she turned back toward him, brow creased and eyes narrowed angrily. "What the hell, you big idiot!" Typical Slytherin behaviour! Who did he think he was, acting so high and mighty? He was lucky there wasn't a professor around to see him! But nor was one present to see her, for that matter. With no one else around, she aimed a kick at the books beneath the boy, pushing the middle of the tower out from under him.

The Girl talked back and he continued to ignore her, she meant nothing to him and she acted like her or her ideas were important, calling him dumb didn't bother him either, he never bothered himself with the opinions of sheep, she gestured to his pile of books and he scoffed, he would like to see her come up with a better idea, he knew exactly which books didn't work because they were under his feet.

Busy with his searching he regained his balance and kept on looking, the girl had an issue with his accident and started name calling, the boy turned and felt the books budge under him and he took a step back as the pile became unstable, the books slid and crushed his feet, kicking the books off his feet he took a step off the table to land on the ground, looking at her he raised an eyebrow 'I'm sorry, did you not learn how to dodge or are you incapable of having spacial awareness. Do you really think it was mature to kick Library books, these are not your property to damage' he stated bluntly.

Ivory folded her arms across her chest, turning her head away and miming the words coming from the boy's mouth in a mocking fashion. "Sorry, I don't know any spells that sprout eyes on the back of my head, otherwise I might have seen you throw it while my back was turned. How was I supposed to see it coming?" Of all the students she had met, he was the most irritating. That smarmy attitude needed some serious adjustment. "It was more mature than throwing books at people. They're not your property to damage, either, but you're tossing them around and standing on them, which is worse. You should be thankful I don't go and tell the librarian. Then you'd be in big trouble." By now it was too late to tell on him for what he was doing, but if it were her word against his, she was confident that they'd take her side. He was too much of a **** to be believed. "What are you trying to do anyway? The only book you need is one with a spell that makes you a better person."

He was impressed with her witt, she was quick to respond even though she was completely incorrect and misinformed but she stuck to her guns. Cole chuckled at her stupidity 'Do you think I would waste effort throwing a book at you? It came loose when I re balanced myself, trust me I wouldn't waste the effort on you so don't worry your little head about it ' he responded watching her respond to his words, she was uncomfortable and annoyed and the thrived on it, watching her puff up amused him. 'Like I said anyway, it's called Spacial awareness, you should be more aware of your surroundings, if not someone will hex you when your back is turned and you'll end up twitching on the floor like an idiot, well more of an idiot' his icey blue eyes watched her waiting for a response.

The girl threatened to tell on him to the librarian and he shrugged 'Terrifying, a slap on the wrist and told bad boy, honestly you think I care?' he asked her 'You could have bent the pages, I'm adding no more weight than they would have with 10 books stacked on top of them' he wondered how she would respond to that, clearly she cared about the books. She asked him a question and he scoffed, she thought it again was her business what he was doing 'As if it's any of your business, You probably wouldn't even understand if I told you. Run along now and practice keeping an eye out'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back