Notes Left in Books

Sui Chin Ying

OOC First Name
Mintzy
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Apple Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Belladonna
The Gryffindor girl looked around, making sure no one was around. She did not think that what she was doing was defacing school property, but she could not help but be slightly nervous at what she was doing. It was not like her at all, to reach out to total strangers, but that's why she was doing it. It was so unlike her. Sui Chin was tired of being so nervous around people. Even though she had more friends this year than any other year she had spent at Hogwarts, Sui Chin still got nervous when speaking to them. Her own friends! It was horrible, and the sixth year was determined to not act that way any longer. However, she could not just go out and start acting like she was outgoing and fierce.

Baby steps, she reminded herself, and this was the first step. After all, it worked so well last time, earning her a friend from Slytherin. Even though she does not see the girl in question around Hogwarts anymore, the Gryffindor knew it was a success and hoped that it would repeat itself. Leaving the parchment in the Intermediate Potions Guide, Sui Chin placed the book back on the shelf. She quickly gathered her things, placed them back into her book bag, and left the section where the bookshelf was. The Gryffindor looked around again, and flung her book bag over her shoulder. As Sui Ching left the library, she wondered if anyone would actually answer her back, and who it would be.

Dear Stranger,

Congratulations! You have received a random letter from me!

Sorry about the weird introduction. I've sent off a letter like this before, in an effort to make friends. You see, I am a very shy person, but I do not want to be anymore. It keeps me from enjoying life. This is the first step for me to break out of shell, hopefully permanently.

My name is Sui Chin. I will not tell you my last name, though seeing as my name is uncommon, you probably already know me. I'm sixteen years old and I'm a Gryffindor. I don't care about divided houses or whatnot. Only when I'm on the field do I actually care, but that's only because I want to succeed. I don't take failure lightly, or well for that matter.

My favorite subjects are History of Magic, Charms, and Potions, though lately my potion making as not been the best it can be. I enjoy reading books on new spells, especially healing spells; it's always fascinated me. I don't believe in "blood purity", and think it's an outdated ideal. I also believe I’m a great writer and would someday be a professional one. I like books, muggle novels to be exact, and candies.

That's all I can think to tell you about myself. Now it is your turn, kind stranger. Tell me whatever you want about yourself. If you decide to reply back, please place your letter in Hogwarts, A History. Thank you, and I look forward to your reply!</COLOR></FONT>
Sui Chin​
<i>
</i><FONT font="Raavi"><COLOR color="firebrick">

P.S. Here is where you put a random fact about yourself. It will help us get to know each, and I think it's quite fun. I'll start:
My currently favorite book is The Elixir.

JazzyMae needed to pick up a few books. She had already all the books that every student was required to have for her year. She wanted to look at something that actually challenged her. Even though she hadn't been speaking up in classes much she still wanted to look at the books she was going to have to read in the years to come.

JazzyMae didn't have anything better to do anyways. Not like she had made so a ton of friends anyway. JazzyMae currently wasn't taking Potions but she wanted to look at a potions guide for students that weren't beginners like she was. She asked the librarian to recommend a book for her and the librarian brought out the, Intermediate Potions Guide. JazzyMae sat down and opened the book. As she skimmed the pages she saw a note.

"Sui Chin? Why is she leaving notes in books?" JazzyMae asked herself. She decided to write back and leave her note in Hogwarts, A History like the note said. JazzyMae took out a piece of parchment and started to write.
Dear Sui Chin,
You must be very bored to be leaving notes in books. This reminds me of the Muggle show, Pretty Little Liars.

Anyway, my name is JazzyMae. I am a first year in Hufflepuff. I am shy too. I don't understand why I am so shy I just am. I have two older brothers Kennedy and Klaus. They are fourth years and in Hufflepuff (Like me!). They are very tall too. Failing to me is a sign that I need to do better. Like in my classes whenever the teachers call me I get words stuck in my throat and can't say anything.

You were probably no expecting a first year to right back to you right? I am sure. My favorite class so far is Divination I guess. I love looking at the stars but I am not necessarily interested in looking into the future. Why? Because it would spoil all the fun in living life. Who would want to do that? Not me.

Well, that is all I feel like telling you about me. If you feel like writing back please place your note in Common Magical Aliments and Afflictions. Thank you. :)

P.S. Even though I am a witch I plan on pursuing a Muggle career after my years at Hogwarts. I know it seems like a waste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back