Not too cold...

Ares watched her carefully, he was still concerned. He looked down and frowned, then looked up "If you ever need to talk, just know... Im here for you" he said with a smile.

Arianna smiled at Ares again
"Thanks" she said
"I'm fine, really" she added, looking down. Once again, it felt nice that Ares cared about her. Deciding to change the subject, Ari jumped up, looking back at the Lake.
"Want to go for another swim?" she asked, offering her hand to help him up.

Ares grinned and let her help him up. "Cummon, race you!" he challenged as he sprinted towards the water. He cannon balled into the water than surfaced to try and figure out who hit first.

Ari laughed, running after him, and diving in. She surfaced right after him, and treaded water, stilllaughing
"Tie?" she offered, beforeflipping overonto her back and floating for a while. She felt incredibly peaceful right now, playing here with Ares, and just having fun. Also, deep down, she felt relieved to have talked about her sister who really listened.

Ares evil eyed her for a moment "Fine, but just this once" he smirked "Dont expect me to let you get away with this frequently" he teased. He smiled as he joined Ari by flipping onto his back and floating. He watched the clouds pass, wondering how he'd eventually gotten to be alright around girls.

Ari laughed
"Thanks... I think" she said, still laughing. She sighed, reveling in the peacefulness of the Lake. She was feeling too lazy for a water fight, and was glad they were just relaxing.
"So... what have you been up to lately?" Ari asked him, closing her eyes as she drifted out towards the middle of the lake.

Ares smiled drifting around "Not much... Can you keep a secret?" he asked curiously, she was probably gunna laugh at him but she wanted to know what he'd been up to, and he didnt want everyone to find out.

Ari's eyebrows raised slightly
"Of course" she said, sitting up and letting her feet fall downso that she was treading water. She wasn't exactly sure what to expect, it could be anything coming from Ares. She wouldn't tell anyone, if he didn't want her to. She wathed him, trying to figure out his expression.

Ares continued to float even though he noticed Ari returned to treading water, as he found what he was gunna admit embarrasing he didnt wanna look her in the face "I haven't been around much because.." he bit his lip, he couldnt believe he was gunna admit this he hadnt even told Neita and Oliver, but he knew they'd be too amused so he doubted he'd ever tell them. "I've been catching up and doing all my school work and homework" he finally blurted out . He hated to admit it so he immediately lurched into the main reason behind it "But ONLY because my parents threatened to pull me out of school otherwise, else I would be doing what I did last year- all fun and no work" he made sure to try and convince her he hated schoolwork, if anyone believed otherwise, his reputation would be doomed.

"What have you been up to?" he asked trying to change the subject

Arianna could see that this was hard for him to talk about, so she went back to floating on her back to make it easier for him to tell her. She listened, nodding slightly
"Well, it's great that you've been catching up on work" she said mildly
"I mean otherwise you wouldn't be here" she said with a smile, continuing to drift further and further out.
"I know schoolwork can be hard and boring, but doing magic is fun. That's why Charms is my favourite subject" she told him. Pausing for a second, she tried to think of something else to say
"I won't tell anyone" she said softly
"That is, if you don't want me to" she added, looking over at him.

He leaned up and smiled at her "Thanks" he said, feeling somewhat amazed that he trusted this girl. "I like transfiguration" he told he "If I had to chose one" he added quickly. "So what have you been up to... beside school work?" he asked.

Ari smiled again
"No problem" she said softly. She was good at keeping secrets, not feeling the need to blurt out everything on her mind to anyone who would listen.
She tried not to smile when he quickly corrected himself about liking Transfiguration
"You know, it's not a bad thing to be interested in school" she said quietly, looking down into the water.

Ares head shot up "I am not interested in school!" he quickly corrected her. "I just meant if I had to choose a subject it would be Transfiguration" he explained. "Besides, whats good about being interested in school?" he stared off into the sky "Everything you learn is pointless, your never gunna use it again, and you only do good by sacrificing a social life!"

Ari put her hands up
"Woah, calm down. I wasn't saying that you are, I was just saying that it isn't that bad to be interested in school" she said.
She was taken aback by his outburst, and frowned
"Of course we're going to use it again! What do you want to be when you're older, a dishwasher?" she argued, her temper flaring slightly.

Ares immediately realized he had gotten Ari annoyed "Whats wrong with being a dishwasher?" he asked guiltyly with a guilty smile "Im sorry" he apologized sincerly.

After Ares apologised, Ari immediately felt bad
"No, I'm sorry. I let my temper get the best of me sometimes" she said sighing, and looking down, her cheeks colouring slightly
"I shouldn't be telling you what to do" she said quietly
"There's nothing wrong with being a dishwasher, if that's what you want to do" she ammended. She felt sinking down under the water and not resurfacing. Knowing that that was impossible, she ducked under the water partly to escape the conversation, and also see how long she could last without water.

Ares laughed "Like I wanna be a dishwasher" he frowned "And please dont apologize" As she ducked underwater, Ares scrunched up his nose he hated that he got he annoyed and the conversation was still tense.

Jeeyan had spent the time around swimming and looking for mischief when she spotted human legs on the surface.Thanking the Great Fish for the luck,she swam towards the surface and popped her lovely head out in the surface.She recognized the guy one.She had seen him on the night of the Yule Ball talking to her friend,Rhianne.I wonder why he is talking to that girl?,she thought hotly.

(Jeeyan, this is a closed topic, just letting you know. Sorry if it wasn't clear enough in the title. You can still join if you like though ;) )

Ari just caught the last words of his sentence, and quickly popped back up out of the water. She opened her mouth to say sorry again, but laughed instead
"I think if we both keep apologising, we're just going to be standing here for a long time" she said. Looking around for something to distract herself, she noticed that Ares had scrunched his nose up. She had seen him do that before. She couldn't help but smile.

A small splash alerted her to the fact that they had been joined. Looking over her shoulder, she saw the head of a beautiful girl above the surface. Knowing immediatly that it was a mermaid, she turned and looked at her with interest. She had never seen one before, though she knew that they were here, after hearing Aeon talk about them.

Ares laughed "Your right." he said with a smile but before he could say anything else Ari suddenly turned around "What is it?" Ares asked curiously

Arianna pointed to the head sticking up out of the water
"I'm... pretty sure it's a mermaid" she said quietly. No one human could be that beautiful, that she knew of. Feeling slightly self concious, she sank down into the water, so that only her head was visible. Ari had never had problems with self imge, but next to the mermaid, it was hard not to. She could see why so many pirates drove onto the rocks.

Ares shrugged, mermaids didnt bother him, he'd met a few last year so they weren't of much interest to him anymore. He became suddenly aware of Arianna sinking into the water and he frowned "Okay what did I do now?" he asked preparing to immediately apologize.

Ari had to laugh
"You didn't do anything!" she said quickly.
"I just don't like staying still for more than about thrity seconds" she said, grinning, and popping back out of the water. She didn't really want to tell him about feeling self concious around a mermaid. She was sure he would think it was silly and immature.

Ares sighed a sigh of relief and grinned at Ari's comment, he noticed it was starting to get dark and he pouted "We should probably go in soon" he said sadly

Ari looked up t the sky, startled to see that the sun was in fact going down. She hadn't noticed
"Oh, well I guess time flies when having fun" she said, her sad tone matching his.
Shivering slightly, she began to return to shore
"So... dinner?" she asked him
"I'm starving!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back