Not The Letter Hoped For.

Raffael Fox

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Sphinx Remains
It was late and it was dark. The sounds of the last people exiting the Great Hall could be heard. The Yule Ball was just wrapping up for the evening. Raff had said his goodbyes to Hadan after a highly enjoyable evening and wanted to get a little bit of fresh air before making the journey to the Ravenclaw Tower. Raff stepped into the cool night air, slinking in the shadows as to not be herded up by a Professor.

Raff found his thoughts drifting off to the Slytherin girl he was falling for. He couldnt explain why he enjoyed her company so much even though he didnt know her too well. Raffael was vaugely aware of his feet taking him to the Owlery. He wasnt complaining, he didnt feel tired and the slight Summer nights breeze was pleasant.

Entering the building, he noticed instantly a grey owl like looked suspiciously like his Father's flying towards him. His heart rate picked up. Had his Dad finally replied to his constant letters? He thought hopefully as the bird swooped down onto a perch near Raffael and stuck its leg out. Sure enough, there was an envelope with 'Raffael Fox' on the front written in his Dad's handwriting attatched to the birds leg.

Raff tentively took the letter, his brow furrowed. A part of him was wary in opening it. What would it say? Why hadnt he wrote before? Raff usually pushed such issues to the back of his mind, but they were forced forward as Raff clutched the letter. Ripping the back of the envelope with his finger he pulled out a letter. It was short, to the point and as Raff began to read, he decided maybe he shouldnt have opened it after all.

Raffael,
I have moved on. I no longer live in New Zealand. Your Mother and I decided we just couldnt come to an agreement on what we were going to do with you, so you will have to make it on your own. I have opened a Gringotts account and left you enough money to support yourself until you can get a career. You will have to stay at Hogwarts these holidays then find somewhere to stay for the next holidays. I dont care what you do, because your no longer in my hands. Your Mother and I had you much too young and it was foolish. Your not a child anymore, Im fairly sure your capable. You come of age in a year after all.
Regards,
John Fox
Not even a sorry... Was this serious? Raff's hands were shaking. Was this some kind of joke? His head started throbbing. Someone had to be messing with him? Raffael read the letter over again twice. It was a sick joke....

This sick joke had his Dad's hand writing. Raff carefully pocketed the letter and shut his eyes tightly. This hurt. He didnt have parents. This couldnt be happening? Not just before Christmas. Raff made his way back to the school. A pain in his chest making it difficult to breathe. He couldnt reply now. What would he say? This was all a mistake. Raff blinked rapidly as he made his way up to the Ravenclaw Tower. Completely stunned. He crawled under the covers of his bed and stared into the darkness for hours, but to Raff it only felt like a couple of minutes. His mind was replaying the words of the letter in his mind. The letter that lay on the ground with his discarded tux. He felt empty and lost. He wasnt sure what he was going to do. How could anyone do that? How long had he been planning this? So the reason he didnt answer Raffael's letters was because he didnt give a damn. Raff rolled over, disturbed that his own thoughts were actually the truth. No exaggeration at all. Raff felt shaky and light headed. He had been settling in so well. He felt like his life was settling down in a way he didnt think it ever would. Way to destroy a wonderful evening. Way to destroy a wonderful life. Raff curled up and was vaugely aware of his shoulders shuddering for another long amount of time as he very slowly drifted into a disturbed sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back