Not the best day

Bradley Roberts

Bradley leaned back against the back of the bench. He had just possibly had the worst day in history. His life wasn't one of the best anyway, he had just tried to kiss a girl, who then rejected him. He was only testing, to see if she felt the same, but she obviously didn't. How embarrassing. Bradley tilted his neck back, so that he was looking upwards, then covered his face with his hands, and sighed. "My life is messed up." He said to himself quietly.

Bradley just getting ready to leave Bleak Street and go home, he hadn't chosen one of the friendliest area's to come to, so he thought it was time to go. He was just stretching, when he saw a boy walking towards him. Bradley was confused...he almost looked cute...

Joshua was taking a short cut through bleak street. He diddnt like it here so was hurring it. As he turned around a dark damp corner he saw a boy looking at him. Josh smiled. " Hello, can i help you?" Josh walked over to the boy who was just stretching. He looked older than him, more around Kenny's age range.

Bradley looked up at the guy and smiled as he spoke. "Urm, no you can't really help me, but you can have a seat...if you want..." Bradley shuffled over a little so if the guy took up hif offer there would be room ont he bench. "Oh, I haven't introduced myself...I'm Bradley..." He held out his hand to the guy. "What's your name then?" He said with a smile.

Josh smiled kindly as he sat next to him. " Thanks. Im Joshua. Nice to meet you Bradley." Josh shook his hand. " So what brings you down Bleak street then Brad."

Bradley smiled. "Yeah, it's nice to meet you to Joshua." He said as he released the hand shake. "I don't really know how I ended up here...I was on my way home, and was passing through, then decided that I needed to sit down and think about something that's just happened...but that's a different story...what about you?" Bradley didn't want to talk about himself too much. Not yet anyway.

Joshua nodded. "Yeah i was just passing thourgh. I had just met with someone and i couldnt be bothered to walk the long way round. So here i am speaking to you now." Josh laughed abit. As he looked at Brad and noticed that he was kind of cut, but nothing compared to Kenny

Bradley smiled to cover up his serious confusion. Why did he think that Josh looked cute? He had just tried to kiss a girl, before he had come here. No, he's not cute. Bradley thought, trying to convince himself, before looking at Josh again, then failing to re-assure himself that he wasn't gay.

"So, are you local? It's just I think I've seen your face out and about before now." Bradley smiled at the boy, as his previous thoughts rushed through his head.

Joshua nodded. "Yeah just down the road actually, well about ten minutes or so." He shrugged. He knew this boy from around but couldnt place his face. "What about you then Brad are you a townie?"

Bradley smiled. "Yeah um, about half an hours walk away...in that direction." He pointed in the direction of his house. "But I'm around here most of the time, well not here necassarily, but out and about." Brad smiled at Josh and took the oppurtunity to look him over. Maybe he was turning gay, who knew. "So do you wanna get a drink or something?"

Josh nodded then smiled. " Yeah i would love a drink thanks." Josh stood up and waited for Brad to lead then way. If josh want mistaken then he could have sworn that this boy just checked him out. How strange.

(couldnt be bothered to change character lol)

Brad smiled, then noticed that Josh seemed younger than him. "Cool, I know a pub round the corner...are you old enough to drink?"

Bradley was beginning to get freaked out by his feelings. He couldn't stop staring at Josh, but he didn't want to make his feeling too obvious. This was Bradley, he was someone who went round looking for his dream girl, and trying to fight off all the boys, he couldn't be gay? Surely Not. I can't be. Bradley Thought.

Josh laughed as the boy was staring at him oddly. He diddnt mind that much as long as it diddnt escerlate. He was loyal and he liked Kenny. Even though Kenny wanted to take things slow as he had only just found out he was gay but Josh was willing to wait. He stratched his neck and laughed. " Err no im not old enough to drink, but there are plenty of none alcoholic drinks around." He smiled then walked around the corner with Brad

"Ah ok, cool." Bradley smiled at Josh.

As they reached the pub Bradley opened the door and held it with his foot for Josh, then followed him in as they found a seat. He hoped Josh chose one that was in a crowd, in the quiet Bradley's new found feelings might get the better of him.

Josh walked over to a quiet table, he hated being on a noisey table as he thought there being no point. He picked a table with a window. He sat down and waited for Brad to join him

Bradley smiled at Josh as he joined him at the table. Damn it, it's a quiet table. Bradley thought. "So Josh, is there a girl in your life?" Brad asked, assuming that Josh was straight. It was the usual talk for gusy these days.

Josh laughed then shook his head. " No there is no girl at the moment but i do have a boyfriend called Kenny." He smiled. He liked people to no srtait away that he was bisexual. " What bout you?"

Bradley tried not to look shocked or embarrassed as Josh implied that he was gay. "Ohhh, um...right...sorry about that." Bradley smiled at Josh then giggled a little. He felt a small sense of relief when Josh said that, at least now, if he was gay, he knew that he wasn't the only one. "Urm, no, no girls in my life, not at the moment...no boys either...for that matter" Bradley wasn't sure whether to reveal to Josh that he was possibly gay, they had only just met, but Bradley had found this new born trust in Josh.

Josh smiled then shruged. " Hey dont worry, i like girls aswell ok, i just think its easyier to like both and also its so much more fun." He laughed Brad seemed to have twenty different emotions on his face every second and it was funny to watch. " Well i think its good to be single sometimes. It means you can flirt with loads of people and not have anyone complain to you."

Bradley smiled as Josh. He was finding him more 'cuter,' by the second. But he was taken, he was off limits. Bradley had to find some way of controlling his feelings towards Josh before they reached boiling point. "Yeah, I like being single, but to be honest, at the moment, I'm not sure who I like...boys, girls...who knows mate?....Who knows?...." Bradley felt a sense of relief run through his body when he revealed to Josh that he might be gay. "What's it like...hw do people react to you and your boyfriend when you're together?" Bradley was interested and wasn't afraid of asking those sort of questions.

Josh new how this guy felt. " Well try doing it with a boy then girl and see which feels better. And it depends on who it is really i mean some people are fine with it and others arent. Its just what they think really but it doesnt bother me what they think or say, its my life not theirs and honestly i wouldnt change it for nothing." He laughed a little

Bradley smiled, Josh had been useful to him. "Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Thanks for this mate." Bradley then gave Josh a pat on the back, and something made him edge closer towards him. He didn't want to get any closer to him, but something was making him. He's Taken, Leave Him Alone, Bradley Thought To Himself, before forcing himself away from Josh.

Josh shrugged. He was happy to help out, he liked to give the help that he never got. He was confused as Brad moved closer to him then retreated again. How odd. " So Brad, do you have any family or is it just you?"

"No, well, they arn't local anyway, I just live with my parents...what about you?" Bradley smiled weakly at Josh as he thought about the rest of his family.

Josh shrugged. "I dont have a family anymore, they left me just as i finished school." It wasnt a big deal to him anymore and he stopped really caring about it a long time ago aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back