Alternate RP Not So-Secret Admirer

This is a roleplay outside of the site's canon.

Jordan Harris

Musician- Energetic- Friendly- Cuddly

OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Flexible Black Walnut Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
The second semester had really started. Roses had gone out, the dance was done with, and there was one thing Jordie knew for certain. He was hopelessly, helplessly in love with Ares. But anytime Jordie had tried to talk to the older Slytherin, his mind had shot back to that first kiss. Ares had been so strong, so sure, just the thought of it made his knees weak. And then... Ares had never mentioned it again. Jordie was too tangled up to tell him outright, but he couldn't just sit back anymore. So... he'd decided on a different course of action. After probably hundreds of drafts, Jordie finally had it. The perfect note. He had been spending a lot of time with Ares, and today was no different. As they were walking, Jordie deftly slipped the note into the older boys pocket. But after ten minutes, when he still hadn't found it, Jordie decided to play dumb. "Ares? What's in your pocket?" He asked, nodding towards the edge of the note sticking out of the boys jeans.

Valentine's Day had come and gone and Ares was still beating himself up over the rose he had sent Jordie. He didn't ever want Jordie to find out that it was him as the embarrassment would be much too overwhelming. He was sure the boy would soon find out however, especially since Ares didn't send any other rose with his name on it. He was stupid for doing that, but at least Jordie hadn't said anything yet. The boys were walking along when Jordie pointed out something in Ares's pocket. He quickly looked at it and reached inside to feel a piece of paper. With a raised eyebrow, he opened it up to reveal a note so perfectly written.

Note said:
Strong and cool and caring,
you look to me and I lose my daring.
You're the most beautiful boy I've ever seen,
If you wanted to date I'd be really keen.

Ares just stared at it for a moment, totally confused. Was someone playing a prank on him? "Check this out." he said, showing Jordie the note. He rolled his eyebrows. "Probably just some dumb person trying to play a joke."

Jordie tried to keep his cool as Ares found the note, his heart beating furiously in his chest. It seemed to stop though at Ares' reaction. Jordie stepped in and took the note, reading it once. Twice. Jordan Harris you absolute idiot, you didn't sign it?! How could you not sign it?! He let out a strained laugh. "That's a bit cynical, come on. Maybe it's serious?" He offered, giving the note back with a slightly shaky hand. He continued walking, shoving his hands in his pockets.

Jordie didn't sleep very well that night. He wasn't sure what upset him more. The fact that he'd forgotten to sign the note or Ares' response to it. Determined now to convince the older boy that yes, he did have someone seriously swooning over him, Jordie decided he was now Ares' secret admirer.

The next day, on the way outside, Jordie slipped another note in Ares' bag, with a new ring for Ares' collection. They were out by the lake before Jordie said something. "Ares, what's up with the flap on your bag?" He asked, trying to sound innocent.

You look my way and my heart beats fast
I can't help but wonder if these feelings will last
If I told you my name would you make me yours?
Or would you toss me out and slam the door?

Ares just shook his head as Jordie told him he was being cynical. Ares didn't care. He hated jokes that were being played on him and hoped that whoever it was wouldn't do it again. He just wanted to focus on his classes. "Alright, well, I gotta get to class." he said, feeling a little annoyed.

The next day Ares made his way to the lakefront with Jordie. He put down his backpack and went to sit down on the grass when Jordie pointed out something on his bag. Curious, Ares picked it up, smiling when he saw the ring. "You shouldn't have!" he exclaimed, before he saw the note and read it. "Oh." His face fell. "That person from yesterday is back at it. Why would they give me a ring?" Ares was confused. Who else knew that he had a ring collection? This time he wasn't as annoyed, but it made him determined to find out who it was. "Will you help me figure out who this person is?" Ares asked, hoping they could stop it together.

Jordie had been frustrated by how averse to the notes Ares seemed to have been, but he was persistent. He smiled shyly as Ares immediately knew the ring was from him- he had hoped the gift would make the note obvious. His heart dropped when Ares' face fell. Had the Slytherin realized the notes were from him? Was he disappointed? Jordie was sure in that second Ares was turning to tell him off, he didn't like Jordie, that was the end of it. But then........ Jordie just stared at Ares, dumbfounded. He almost told the boy the truth in that moment, but Jordie bit his tongue. "Who do you think it is?" Jordie asked. Ares couldn't be this dense... could he?

As Jordie asked who he thought it could be, Ares thought for a moment. "Well, the only people who know I collect rings are you... and Weston... oh no." Ares buried his face in his hands, instantly knowing who could have been sending him these notes. "It's definitely Weston. It has to be. How do I break it to him?" Ares asked Jordie, feeling a little guilty. No wonder Weston had been wanting to hang out with him a bit lately. He wasn't sure how he was going to tell the boy that he just didn't feel the same way.

Jordie was going to beat Ares with his backpack. "No." He replied bluntly. "Ares, no. It is not Weston." Jordie countered, exasperated. "Let's think it out. Don't you know anyone else that could have sent you that note?" Jordie tried to lead Ares. "Is there anyone you like?" He offered, hoping maybe Ares was harboring some sort of secret crush on him.

Jordie seemed pretty adamant that it wasn't Weston, but Ares shook his head, knowing that he was right. "How could it not be?" Ares said, getting a little frustrated now. "Have you told anyone about my ring collection? If you haven't, then it has to be him." As Jordie asked if he liked anyone, Ares was quick to shake his head again. "No... of course not." he said a little sheepishly. He would tell Jordie the truth about anything, but definitely not about that. He brushed it off quickly. "I have to go and talk to Weston. I just don't know how." Ares sighed, figuring he may just wait it out until next semester when he hopefully had a better idea of how to approach him.

Jordie stammered a bit, his shoulders dropping just a touch. Well, he certainly couldn't tell Ares now. Jordie sighed and ran his hands through his hair. "Ares- come on, it's not Weston," He tried weakly, knowing Ares wouldn't listen. "Look, lets set it aside for now, I bet I can skip a rock farther than you can," He turned to his friend with a smile, trying not to get too discouraged.

Ares admittedly was getting a little frustrated with Jordie. He ignored him when he told him again that it wasn't Weston. There was no way Jordie knew that for sure. As he told him he could skip a rock further than him, Ares was quick to respond. "No you can't!" he said a little defensively, ready for the challenge. He took a few steps forward to pick up the perfect rock to throw. "Just watch this." Focused, Ares threw the rock towards the water, watching as it jumped four times before plopping straight into the water on the last jump. "Now your turn." He stood back with his arms folded across his chest, waiting for Jordie to embarrass himself.

Jordie smiled, picking up a rock himself and skipping it over the water. It skipped five times before sinking, and he turned to Ares with a triumphant grin. "I win! What's my prize?" He teased, laughing lightly. "It's all in the wrist," he pantomimed flicking his wrist, skipping a bit closer to Ares with a carefree laugh. It was easy to focus on just being together, and forget how hopeless it felt sometimes.

Ares shook his head as he watched Jordie's rock skip across the water. "No way. Your jumps were smaller than mine. Doesn't count." he said, a little annoyed. As he asked what his prize was, Ares smirked, taking a few steps closer to his friend. Without a word, he tucked a curl behind Jordie's ear and a planted a kiss right onto his lips. "Fair is fair." he told him as he pulled away, for once in his life admitting defeat. Jordie was too cute to argue with.

Jordie smiled as Ares argued, ready to defend his title, but was completely caught off guard as the boy tucked his hair back and kissed him. "Excuse me, I don't think so," Jordie blurted, grabbing Ares' collar and pulling him back down for a more solid kiss. Ares couldn't just surprise him like that and not expect him to react.

Ares was a little taken aback when Jordie pulled him back, but let it happen anyway. They kissed some more, and Ares held the boy close. He didn't care either if anyone was watching. He just made the most of the moment.

During the break, all Ares could think about was all of the kisses he and Jordie had shared the year before. Jordie was all that was ever on his mind and it made him almost forget about the letters that Weston had been sending him. When the next year started and the boys were back at Hogwarts, Ares made sure he approached the Ravenclaw about it. He caught him on the way to class, just wanting to get it over and done with before it got too far. "Hey Weston. Mind if we talk for a bit?" he asked, hoping it wasn't a bad time.

@Weston Stirling

While Weston couldn't say he understood Jordie's plan to leave Ares secret notes and gifts — surely just telling Ares that he liked him would be easier? — he did have to admit that it seemed pretty romantic. It was like something out of a fairytale or a movie. Plus, Weston quite enjoyed being in on the secret. He had been having a lot of fun closely observing Ares and asking totally-not-suspicious questions about the mysterious gifts in an effort to see if Ares could work out the identity of his secret admirer.

Ares still hadn't figured it out by end of the school year, and Weston wondered if Jordie was ever going to tell him the truth. There was still the break, however, so maybe the Slytherin would put the pieces together then. Weston hadn't had a chance to ask Jordie (or Ares) for an update on the gift-giving over the break, so by the time the school year had rolled around, he was dying to know what was going on. It was a good thing, then, that he managed to spot Ares during the first week of classes. "Hey Ares!" Weston greeted cheerfully, moving a little so that they weren't standing in the middle of the corridor. "Yeah, sure. I also had something I wanted to ask you."

Weston definitely seemed happy to see Ares, and Ares didn't know whether this was a good or bad thing. He didn't want to break Weston's heart and that was what he was the most worried about. As Weston said he also had something he wanted to ask him, Ares's heart sank. It just made this whole thing so much harder. But now that he was there, he had to tell him before he chickened out. "Oh, that's cool... it's just..." Ares sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Weston, I'm really sorry to tell you this. And I don't want to... you know... make you sad or anything, but I need to tell you before it gets too far." Ares looked up at the boy, hoping he wasn't going to at least lose a friend after this conversation. "I know you have been sending me little love notes, and I'm sorry, but I don't like you like that Weston. I like someone else."

As much as Weston wanted to just ask about the gifts right then and there, he knew he should probably do the polite thing and let Ares go first. He nodded eagerly, waiting to hear what the other boy would say. His smile, however, faltered when Ares apologised. Weston furrowed his brow, unsure what the Slytherin could possibly say that would make him sad. His mind automatically went to the arguments he'd had with Zay and Eoin. Was something similar about to happen? Was Ares about to say he didn't want to be friends anymore?

Before he could speculate further, Ares brought the letters up. "Uhhhh what?" Weston had to replay the words several times to make sense of them. "You think I...? But... I didn't," he spluttered. "I didn't send them, Jordie—" He stopped suddenly, his eyes growing wide as saucers. "I mean, nothing! Forget I said anything! I didn't say anything, okay?" his voice growing higher as he panicked. "You can't tell him I said anything. Please. I promised I wouldn't tell." Jordie was going to kill him. Jordie was going to kill him and then they wouldn't be friends anymore. The fight with Zay last year had been bad enough. He couldn't go through that again with Jordie.

Ares watched as the boy's expression changed. Weston seemed confused about what he was saying and suddenly the Slytherin was a little embarrassed. He wasn't so sure now that it really was Weston and it frustrated him a little. When Weston accidentally mentioned Jordie's name before starting to panic, Ares raised an eyebrow. Weston definitely knew more about the letters than what he was saying. "What? If it's not you, then tell me the truth. Who is sending me the letters?" he said exasperatedly, not believing that it could be Jordie, even after Weston begged him not to say anything to the boy. "Jordie would... never... ever... do that. It's not him. Who is it?" Ares was getting angry now, and it took everything in him to not fully combust. Why would Weston keep such a secret from him? It all seemed rather ludicrous.

Weston hesitated, torn. On one hand, he had promised Jordie that he wouldn't tell Ares about the gifts, and Jordie was his best best friend. On the other hand, he couldn't just lie to Ares, who was also one of his close friends. He stammered for a bit as Ares seemed to grow angrier. That was not helpful at all. Weston hated it when people were angry with him. "It was Jordie," he finally blurted out. He had basically already revealed the secret earlier, so it wasn't a big deal if he just confirmed it again... right? "He had this whole plan to send you secret letters and gifts and he thought you'd figure it out but, uh, I guess you didn't," he said, his voice trailing off a bit.

Weston wasn't sure why Ares was so insistent that it wasn't Jordie. After all, the Hufflepuff often got his friends very thoughtful gifts. This was exactly the kind of thing Jordie would do. An awful thought came to Weston, and he gave the Slytherin an almost fearful look. "Do you... not like Jordie?" Maybe Ares was disappointed by his secret admirer's identity? Weston hoped that wasn't the case. He knew Jordie usually took stuff like this pretty hard, and he didn't want to see his friend get heartbroken again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back