Not reading in the library.

Andrew Bruke

Andrew walked to the library and selected a book from the Potion section and began to read it. He wanted to learn how to make more complicated potions and try some if he could. He really wanted to see the power of brewing potions and the deep magic it had. He wanted to understand why his mom could not have gave his dad a love potion. He wanted to learn how potions worked and wanted to brew them himself before he was taught. He hoped he would be joined by someone so that they could brew the potion together but of course Andrew wouldnt allow just anyone to join him unless if he trusted them.

Kirsty walked into the library and seen Andrew. " Hi." She said then started to walk over to him. " What you doing." She asked

Andrew jumped as he heard a voice.He turned to see, it was Kirsty."Greetings."he said thinking if kirsty would join him in making a new potion."I am learning how to brew a potion that I havent been taught yet because I want to try it.Do you know stuff about potion brewing?"he asked her.

" We dont get potions until next term, but i will try to help if you want." Kirsty said smiling

"Cool."Andrew said with a smile."Well, I dont know which potion I want to make in particular so first I am checking out intresting potions which I have heard about and than we can decide.I think meanwhile I find a potion you can read a bit what I have learnt in first year.Here are my notes"he said handing them to Kirsty."These are just the most used ingridents that we had learnt"he said to her."We also learned some intresting potions last year"he added.
**Belladonna by itself is extremely poisonous. This is why it is always sold in it’s diluted form. When properly diluted, belladonna is very helpful and is used in many of our potions everyday.

***Ginger root by itself is not magical, but brewed properly it has magical qualities that is used in many potions.

***  A nettle is the same as ginger root; ordinary but when properly brewed is powerful.

***Hellebore is a poisonous plant occurring in several varieties. It is common to be found, but is sometimes hard to identify. When it is prepared properly it loses its poisonous qualities, and becomes a powerful agent said to create peace.

***Asphodel.This plant is traditionally associated with the afterlife and the underworld. It is often used to place a victim into death or a state near to it

***Bubotuber by itself is known to cause boils upon the skin of a person who is hit by it. When it is properly diluted it has been known to cure acne.

*** Scurvy-grass . Not much is known about scurvy-grass, mostly because it was recently discovered to have magical properties. It is commonly found, and is believe it or not, also located on this property.

***Sneezewort . This one is just the same as scurvy-grass as far as it’s qualities.

***Wormwood is commonly used in wands, but when used in potions. Traditionally it is known to symbolize bitterness. Wormwood is also known to be used in many potions along with asphodel.

Kirsty looked through the notes and couldnt wait until next term. " Is potions your favourite subject." She asked when she had finished reading them.

Belle walked into the potions section she wanted to look up a bit more about it. She wanted to really try at this. She was not naturally, good at this. When she rounded the Large bookcase. She saw two students looking into the same book. "Hi.." Belle said and starting browsing through the shelves upon shelves of books."

Ellie was wandering about the Library, checking random books blurbs before setting them down again, when she spotted a few 1st years.
"Hey" She said with a grin, walking up to them.

"Hey." Belle said. "I'm Belle..Ah Gryffindor too!" Belle added pointing to the crest on the girls jumper.

"Yeah, I think so. Well, its a tie between Potion and DADA."he said and than noticed that a first year gryffindor had greeted them.And than Ellie came also."Greetings"he said to the first year and to Ellie he said "Hello Ms.Sparks, would you like to join us? We are trying to make any potion on our own that we havent been taught yet and try their effects"he exaplined to Ellie.

" Yeah, DADA is good." Kirsty said then seen Ellie." Hi Ellie."

"You'd barely had one lesson its so intresting when you do duels or something of that sort."he said as he scanned the last pages of the book for his potion.he had one in mind which was looking like was the strongest choice which he would be brewing.

" Found anything." Kirsty asked.

"Yeah, I found thi sone intresting potion.i am just finishing this book so that I dont miss any potion which might be more intresting than this"he replied and turned to the alst page.

"Ok." Kirsty said then glanced over his shoulder to look at the page.

Andrew finished the book with a little sigh." I found the most intresting potion, its called the Polyjuice potion, it allows the drinker to transform himself temporarily into the physical form of another but the problem is they havent written the method or the ingredients saying its advanced.I have this another intresting Potion called the Ageing potion which makes you couple of years older. Do you want to try that one?" he asked Kirsty with a twinkle in his eyes.

" Yeah. The ageing potion sounds good." Kirsty said then smiled.

"So I think I will search for these ingredients.If we lack some we might go and find them somewhere in the forest or we can order them from the Apotheracy(sp?).What do you think?"he asked her returning the smile.

" Anything, you pick." She said

"Well, i guess I will be going in the forest tommorow to find any of these ingredients."he said to Kirsty."Would you like to come?"

((Sorry took time i was checking out the ingrdients and the finding a way in which we can Rp to find them))

" Ok. Yeah sure." Kirsty said then smiled. She couldnt wait to try the ageing potion.

"Okay.I am copying down this potion and the ingrdients so I dont forget them."he told Kirsty and finished copying down the Potion."So, you have any homework or will you head with me to the common room?"he asked her.

" Nope ive not got any so i will come to the common room." Kirsty said

"Okay, lets go"Andrew said."Wingarduim Leviosa"he said with a swish and flick of his wand and levitated all his and Kirsty's books in the air.

Kirsty stood up and went with Andrew to the common room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back