Not quite at peace.

Luna Gray

Luna floated along the corridors, as usual doing nothing. She wished she had something to do, but as she had no classes, and she couldn't hold anything, she had nothing. She thought about her death, trying to remember exactly how she had died. She knew she had walked out of the Ravenclaw tower and gone outside.
Luna sighed, she probably would neer know. If she hadn't died, she would have been a fifth year, as she had died in her third year. She looked like an average fourteen year old, with bright red hair and blue eyes.
Except for the fact she was transperant, and floated abouve the ground.

Luna had been feeling depressed lately, more and more each day. She wished she had someone to talk to, she didn't really have any friends in her three years of school. Luna floated aimlessly along the school's many corridors, sometime going through entire classes. She wasn't looking where she was going, and floated straight through people.

She was moving quites fast, as if she had a purpose, which, of couse she didn't. Luna stopped, and 'sat' cross legged in the middle of the sixth corridor. Several years of being a ghost, she didn't mind being dead. She didn't like though, it was just what she was, and would be for probably the rest of her life.

Kate was wandering around, not with anything in mind. She had just spent all day doing nothing. She went up to the sixth floor corridor because she wanted to head higher.

When she arrived there, there was a ghost floating around. Kate screamed, she had never seen a ghost before. She hid behind the big draped curtains and peeped out.

Luna heard someone scream, and spun around. She saw a girl hiding behind the curtains, and looked at her curiously. She uncrossed her legs, and floated towards the curtains. "Hi, I'm Luna." she said, extending her hand. Then she remembered she was a ghost, and quickly withdrew it.

She scratched her head. "Um... sorry, did I scare you?" she asked kindly.

Kate looked kindly at this ghost as she extended her hand and moved out her hand too, it was almost like this ghost was very beautiful in the most diferent of ways.

She withdrew her hand as well so not to put the ghost on the spot. "Hi, Luna, i am Kate Johnson, a 1st year Hufflepuff and i haven't met a ghost before, i am not muggleborn though so i think i should have. No, you didn't scare me, i was fine, honest." She was terrible at lying and she went all clammy. "Sorry," She started and then stopped.

Luna giggled, her wavy red hair bobbing as she moved her head. "Most wizards and witches don't see ghosts, even if they aren't muggleborn, you know." she smiled. She looked at Kate, remembering the time she was human. Life had never been the same since she died, her aunt had died several months before her, so she wouldn't have anywhere to go anyway. Unless she had found her parents.

"Hufflepuff, aye?" Luna grinned. "I was a Ravenclaw before I died." she said cheerfully.

Luna raised her eyebrows. Not many people had asked her that question, or anything about her death! Luna ran her fingers trough her hair, and smiled softly. "I died two years ago, in my third year. I was fourteen." she said.

She jumped up, and twirled in the air. She loved to do this, even though it seemed slightly rude when people were around. Her blue ballet shoes brushed against the floor. Her toes went into the floor a bit, and she hovered above the ground.

Luna smilled and nodded. "Yeah, I loved ballet when I was a kid. My auntie wanted me to be a professinal dancer, but as I was a witch, that was never going to happen." she siad cheerfully. She hadn't particurly liked her aunt, but it was the closest thing to family she had.

Luna laughed. "Totally." she grinned. She smiled kindly at Kate. "So, what you been up to recently?" she asked curiously. She always loved to talk to people about normal things, ghosts only talked about being dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back