Not In The Shopping Mood

Toni Addison

Wand
Rowan Wand 15" Essence of Fang of Basilisk
Toni had been shopping almost all day. Whatelse did she have to do. She really just wanted to get out of the house. Her excuse was that she had to buy school items even though she really had plenty of time. "Anything to get away from the nine brats" Toni said to herself as she walked about the harbor. By nine brats she of coarse meant her nine siblings that she would do anything to get away from her siblings.

Alone she just wondered about no really knowing what to do. She really had only met a few people and she wished she would have met more. Not because Toni loved friends. Actually Toni had a hard time making friends, She was very untrusting and judgemental. Toni just didn't like people that weren't up to her standards. With this she had to admit that her standards were a bit too high yet she was in no mood to change that any time soon.

Toni continued to wonder around the harbor not going anywhere in particular when she found a bench. Not wanting to walk in the crowds for too much longer she took a seat. As she just watched the people go by, watching reactions and relations and such.

Jenna walked down Obsidian out of pure boredem, and because she had nothing to do. She didn't feel like being around Lucus or Owen at the moment, they were increasingly getting more irritating.

Jenna twirled her blonde hair with her fingers while walking around the harbour then saw a girl she vaguely recognized from the train. Jenna shrugged her shoulders and walked over to her and asked, "You're Toni right?"

Toni had been watching a family of four with a youngest child that looked about two whining about wanting a broomstick. God did it remind her of Alex so much or even Amanda when she was younger. Amanda was probably the sibling that Toni picked on most and stated that she hated but really Toni did like Amanda the most. After all they were so different but they were forced to share a room. That made them at least have to stand eachother.

Then all of a sudden Toni heard her name. She turned to look at another girl with blonde hair that Toni didn't really recognize but she looked to be about Toni's age. A little too nice for Toni's standards but Boredom makes you do things you wouldn't normally do like talk to too nice girls.

"Yeah I'm Toni" Toni said her voice pretty blank of emotion. "And you are?" She asked

Jenna looked at the girl, she was pretty but something about her she didn't quite like, Jenna assumed it was her personality, she could read most people with a fair bit of ease and this girl seemed a little snobby and rude. "Jenna Wilkonson, I think I heard Sam talk about you on the train," Jenna added softly.

Toni gave a fake smile "Nice to meet you" Toni said not bothering to extend her hand. Though somehow the name seemed to click in Toni's mind. Inside she was working on how and when she had heard the name before. Though it didn't take long for Jenna to say that Sam was talking about her. Sam Toni thought a bit happy that Sam was talking about her. Toni knew though not to get her hopes up that it was anything good.

"Oh you know Sam" Toni said thinking that this girl couldn't be too bad. "He hadn't mentioned you at all" She added a small smirk formed on her lips. "But what did he say about me" Toni wondered a hint of curiousity in her voice.

Jenna rolled her eyes at the girls fakeness then said coldly, "Pleasure I'm sure." Jenna then saw the girls smirk and she gave her a cold glare as she said, "Yes I know Sam, and he just said that you got in some disagreement with some girl." Jenna hoped this would bring her down to size then said, "I'm not surprised by that, we only met once or twice, but no matter, we have a date coming up." Jenna smiled inwardly then gave the girl a tiny smirk.

Toni saw the eye roll but dismissed it. She wasn't in the exact mood to actually get into a fight but just to mess around with the girl would do. Though Toni did listen to her as she spoke about Sam. Toni was only eleven. She knew that eleven year olds didn't date or have a boyfriend. Plus Sam and Toni were only really good friends. Yet something inside her really wanted more. She wouldn't mess up the friendship for it though.

"A disagreement with some girl" Toni repeated thinking back to the train ride. Sam and her didn't have a disagreement. She hoped it was about that stupid Veela that had gotten both boys trapped almost. The thought sickened Toni. She dismissed that comment but the second comment seemed to hit a little hard right on home plate.

"You two are going on a date?" Toni said a bit of saddness in her voice though she quickly recovered. "Well it will be the only one" Toni said smirking "Sam can do so much better than you" She added.

Jenna became exceedingly cold with the girls last comment, she did actually think this but wouldn't admit it to some dirt. Jenna then noticed that Toni had a hint of sadness in her tone, Jenna smirked and said, "What makes you think that? I mean you can't think that he would ever dream of dating you." Jenna hoped that this would make the girl angry or sad, it would please her.

Toni was tempted to throw a screw you in the direction of the girl but knew that for one that wasn't he language of an normal eleven year old, two it would not be proper for someone of her line, and three it would only please the little brat. "I can tell that Sam just deserves better than the likes of you. I mean come on look at you" Toni said smirking. Actually the girl was quite pretty but Toni wasn't going to admit that not way in that ever happening.

Toni glared at the girl with the next comment that came out of her mouth. "Sam and I are just friends" Toni said the statement painful to say. "But even if we were ever more than that. I would be a better choice than you" She said not knowing if that was actually true.

"Sam doesn't seem to mind, why should I and I actually think that I am better looking then most of the people here, including yourself, but lets not be vain," Jenna said with a cold smirk. Jenna didn't think that but it wasn't like she would admit it to the girl.

Jenna smirked at the girls obvious pain as she said they were only friends. She knew this would be true after the one date, because they both thought they were too young to start dating but they liked each other a lot. "What makes you think this? I mean you don't seem like you are capable of having an interesting conversation, you aren't all that good looking and well you aren't a very nice person, now who would want to date that? Why would Sam want to date you when you have so many negative aspects to your personality?" Jenna smiked as she said this then crossed her arms confidently as she waited for the girls response.

Toni let out a scoff at the comment that the girl found herself pretty. "Oh no let's not be unrealistic" Toni said smirking slightly. Sam can't possibly like this She thought not showing the bit of sadness on her face at the concept that the two of them were going a date. Maybe Toni was just as hopeless as she thought.

Toni's eyes focused on Jenna's her. Coldness seemed to fill them. "you have no clue what you are talking about" Toni said "I can have an interesting conversation. Unlike you" Toni said smirking slighly. "Gosh I just meant you and you are already at my throat. And you say I am the mean one" Toni rolled her eyes.

"And like I said about the looks. Well doll you have to face reality. You're just well" Toni paused "Well I don't want to be mean think what you want hun" Toni said turning to face forward as she watched a few of the passing people, a smirk clearly planted on her face.

Jenna felt the erge to tell the girl to piss off but in worse terms, but that would make her just as bad as Toni. Jenna scowled at this but she dismissed it.

"I'm just being honest, I call 'em like I see 'em, and you don't seem like a good person, I on the other hand am, I just choose who I should be nice to, and I don't think that you deserve the effort." Jenna said truthfully. Jenna suddenly felt like punching the girl in the face, but that would only give her sadisfaction, she didn't know any helpful spells yet, she only knew Lumos and Nox, but that wouldn't do anything for her. Jenna hated that her parents only taught her spells that only first years would be able to learn before school started.

Toni looked forward for a bit listening to the girl but pretending that she was caring the least what the girl was saying. After all Toni usually didn't care what others thought. Usually she would just blow off everything Jenna was saying but the problem was she was talking about Sam. Toni would do the same thing if Knight was brought into this. Sam and Knight were basically her only two friends. Of coarse both of them were boys but Toni doubted that either of them had feelings for her more than friendship.

"You must need glasses Hun" Toni said bitterly. "I am a very nice person to people I like and darling" Toni said turning to Jenna slighly "I don't really care for you." She said looking forward again. "At least the feeling is shared" She added a small smile on her face. Toni was making quite a few enemies very quickly and god she wasn't even sorting. This adventure, schooling, was going to be more than interesting.

[Can I join? ^_^ ]

Sam walked along Obsidian Harbour trying to get at least some of his supplies bought. Yet he had been there for almost two hours and hadn't bought anything. Sam put aside the matter he continued to walk up the street. He spotted Toni and Jenn, he was going to shout over to them but they seemed to be having an arguement. He could tell by the cold look on Toni's face, the same when she was with Tasanee. He walked up to them. "Hey guys." he said looking at the two of them with a smile although he knew it wasn't going to make the situation better.

[Feel free]

Jenna was about to respond to Toni when Sam came over to them Jenna beamed brightly and gave him a light hug and said softly, "Hi Sam." Jenna gave him a kiss on the cheek then let him go.

[Thanks :) ]

"Hey Jenn" he caught her hug and smiled when she kissed him. "How are you two today?" he asked Jenn and Toni.

"I'm great how are you doing?" Jenna asked completly ignoring Toni.

"Eh..Yeah, I'm good." Sam said lazily. "I'm attempting to shop once more. Look how far I am on my list." Sam said sarcastically showing the two girls the un-checked list. "I've been trying to put it off for ages, but I have decided I'm going to have to do it wheter I like it or not. But since I met you guys, I'll leave it till another day." Sam grinned to them both.

Toni was expecting some reaction from Jenna when all of a sudden Sam came over. It was almost ironic. Toni smiled slightly at Sam "Hey" She said though she couldn't help but want to just kill the girl when she kissed him on the cheek. Though Toni had to admit she had some nerve.

Toni listened to the two of them talk as if she was trying to get if they were really going to go on a date. She couldn't really tell. But she hoped that they were just friends and that was it. "Well you have plenty more days to finish that list" Toni said flashing Sam a smile.

"I guess I wasn't in much of a shopping mood so I took a seat and then I met Jenna" Toni said not even bothering to glance at the girl. "We were just learning a bit about each other" She said smiling slightly.

"Thanks..." Sam said to Toni when she reassured him about shopping. "So your just having a wander too then?" he smiled cheekily and fixed his dark side fringe from his eyes.

"Oh so this is the first time your meeting?" he smiled, turned to Jenn and then back to Toni. He wondered if he had made a mistake by coming to the conclusion they were fighting. "Well, Toni's awesome! One of my best mates." he said kindly to Jenn. "And Jenn is so cool, well worth knowing!" he said to Toni. He then turned to Jenn. "Hows the ould hand these days?" he said remembering when she had broke it.

"Oh yeah Toni's an interesting cat, that's for sure," Jenna said with a hint of coldness in her voice. Then said, "Still broken, but it doesn't hurt as much." Jenna gave him a smile as she said that.

Sam smiled to Toni as Jenn said this, not sensing the coldness. "Still Broken? That a bit suckish eh?" he said sympathecially. "I hope its better for school." Sam said hopefully. "Your a trooper." he put his thumbs up at her. "It must've been some bang. I can't help but still feel bad for it..." he shuffeled his foot and kicked a rock softly.

Jenna gave him a soft smile and said, "Its not bad, though lugging around this muggle cast is getting annoying, I sort of wish I knew the healing spell, and it isn't your fault at all Sam, okay?" Jenna gave him a soft smile at the end bit and she intertwined her fingers with his softly.

"Yeah but still..." Sam was still not satisfied. He relised Jenn held his hand. He smiled to her, but he didn't want to leave Toni out or make her uncomfortable. "So...have you guys got all your supplies or am I not the only one whose putting it off.." Sam said.

"I haven't bought anything yet," Jenna said with a light smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back