Not a Sheep, More Like a Wolf

Taylor Marino

OOC First Name
Ava
It had been a long time since Taylor had visited the towers. Part of the reason for it was the fact that Taylor had nobody to send letters to. Taylor had hated the Sorting Hat back in first year for putting her in Gryffindor, but now she was okay with it. She knew that there was no use in pretending to be someone she wasn't. Taylor didn't understand her family at all. First they had all been at Hogwarts, but now Taylor was the only one at the school. Taylor was happy about it, though she did miss her siblings. She missed them all, even Gabriella. Gabriella hated her, that much Taylor knew. It had been years since Gabriella had actually talked to Taylor. Taylor didn't count yelling as talking.

She walked up to the Owlery with her guitar in her left hand and her messenger bag over her shoulder. Maybe she would write a letter. Maybe she wouldn't. Taylor honestly didn't know if she should try to communicate with her family or not. But, in her heart, Taylor knew that she had to do something. If she continued to ignore the Marinos', Taylor would forever be an outcast. Not such a bad idea. Taylor smiled grimly. At least she had The Ramblings to stay at - her cousin Natasha's house. Taylor sat down on the steps of the Owlery. She positioned her guitar as if she was about to play it, but she didn't. What Taylor wanted was someone to talk to. Someone who wouldn't judge her. Taylor could talk to her friends, but she wasn't sure if she still had any. After all, she had disappeared without a trace the previous year.

OOCOut of Character:
I’m assuming it’s the start of 6th year. Let me know if I’m wrong :)
Thomas had been up in the Owlery writing a letter to his mother. He had forgotten something when he was at home and while it wasn’t particularly important it was something he needed so he hoped his mother would get it sent to him as soon as possible. He couldn’t believe how quickly the holidays had gone by and now that they were over he had started his sixth year at Hogwarts, the year before his last – it was all so unreal. It didn’t feel all that long ago that he had been one of the new kids that had been sorted a few days ago and before long he would be one of the people that had graduated a few months ago. It had been an eventful six years and he began to wonder if this year would be a nice relaxing year for him with no drama that came with a teenage life, he hoped it would but he could never be sure. Sending the letter off to his mother he made his way out of the Owlery and back to his dorm room. “Oh, I’m sorry.” he said when he almost tripped over a girl that was sitting on the steps of the Owlery.

Taylor had been totally absorbed in her thoughts when somebody almost tripped over her. She looked up to see a boy around her age. Taylor knew who he was because he was in her year. She knew that he was a Ravenclaw, which was partly reason she had never actually met him. Taylor knew the names of most people in her year. She just didn't talk to them because she was slightly anti-social. Taylor blinked at Thomas. "My fault for sitting on the steps in the first place." she said. She smiled even though she wasn't in a smiling mood. Her smile came out a little forced. "I'm Taylor, by the way."

Once Thomas had apologised for almost tripping over the girl he carefully moved down a few steps past her, he expected her reply but after that he figured he would just walk on as not many people talked to him now-a-days that he didn’t really know. “In all fairness I should have looked where I was going.” he said with a small laugh as he shrugged his shoulders. He was in Hogwarts after all and strange, magical, things happened her more times than often and the staircases had been known to move, granted not the ones leading to the Owlery but still. “Thomas.” he replied back with a smile after Taylor introduced herself. “Do you play?” he asked, indicating towards her guitar, he figured it was a silly question as she had it but it was the only thing he could think of to keep a conversation going so it didn’t turn awkward after they attempted to talk then just leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back