Not a happy day

Anastasia Lankford

Anastasia hasn't been having the best experience at Hogwarts since she's arrived here. Actually to think of it, its been quite a lonely one. Feeling a little out of the click because she's one of the only students from California...but has a very strong Irish accent, she would never have this problem back home.

Anastasia sits alone watching her fellow classmates, guitar at hand and starts to strum a melody her best friend from home had taught her the first time she picked up the six stringed instrument. Feeling extremely homesick, a tear runs down Anastasias face.

Why the heck am I crying?!

Stormie had heard a familiar strum from her window in the Ravenclaw girls' dorm. Looking out, she saw a girl sitting alone, playing her guitar. Smiling, she jumped up and grabbed hers from the foot of her bed and headed down to the grounds.

She walked up facing the girl's backside, still smiling, ready to make a new friend. Feeling a little anxious, she hoped they'd get along. However, as she got closer she realized the girl was crying behind her glasses. Awkwardly, but nonetheless with a lot of compassion, Stormie spoke. "I'm terribly sorry, I didn't realize..." She stood for a moment, in limbo between pushing on or turning around.

Pungahn finally decided that being alone was not the best way to relax and headed back towards thee castle along the lake. she was pulled from her thoughts by the sound of a guitar. another girl had joined her with her own guitar. Pungahn thought they might already be friends and wanted to meet them. as she approached she realized the first girl was crying. not wanting to push the issue Pungahn asked the crying girl, "do you need some company?"

Anastasia can feel Stormie behind her before she actually says anything and turns around. Wiping off tears, shes a little embarassed...Oh Anastasia clears her throat Hi...No, its fine! Don't even worry...sorry I'm such a baby! Anastasia lets out a small laugh while wiping off another tear...she still is appearing to be crying, but is beginning to stop. My name is Anastasia. I don't believe we've ever met. She extends her hand I'm from Gryffindor. What your name?

Anastasia sees Pungahn walk over

Anastasia then thinks to herself Great! Now everyone her is going to think I'm a big baby..

She welcomes the girl over Hi She gives her a slightly embarassed smile and tries to change the subject Don't we work together at Quality Quidditch?

With warm eyes, Stormie tried to reassure Anastasia. "Everyone cries," she smiles. Taking her hand, she said "Stormie, Ravenclaw. It's nice to meet you!" She turned to the third and did the same. Sitting down with her guitar in her lap, Stormie asked, "so, would you like to share what's going on? Maybe we can help?"

"oh, yes, i guess we do. i thought i saw you in there a lot. i guess i never made that connection." she didn't tell Anastasia that she had been crying as well and hoped that she didn't look puffy eyed either.

by the way, my name is Pungahn, Hufflepuff, 14

Anastasia gave both girls a smile
Nice to meet you too, Stormie. She smiles

Aw, nothing really...I think it's just things have been building up and all. And I just had an emotional breakdown...you know missing family & friends, studies and all? Shes happy to have met at least two friendly people today
She looks down at her gitar in her lap; complete change of attitude Hey! You play too? Thats really neat...I don't think i know anyone else here that plays..

Looking over at Pungahn
Okay...I thought we did. It's great to finally actually meet you Pungahn. She gives her a smile My name is Anastasia. Gryffindor. 14. She shakes her hand

Pungahn smiled and laughed silently. "i was actually just in the forbidden forest crying about my family too, so you are not alone.... do either of you girls fly?"

Anastasia thinks about what Pungahn just said Really? I'm sorry...yeah, I hear it's the first month is always the toughest. We prove that theory true didn't we? Anastasia lets out a small laugh; shes actually starting to feel better because of these two girls Actually, I try to fly. I'm really not very good at the moment, but I am getting better I guess. How about you? Are you going to try for Quidditch?

Anastasia thinks about the forbidden forest You went to the forbidden forest alone? I haven't been there yet...but I'm hoping to soon. Whats it like?!

Anastasia smiles

yes, im trying out for seeker if i can get it, but it is a popular position. i think im fairly good at flying. to tell the truth i didn't go in all that far. i just wanted to e alone for a while so only went in a few yards or so. just big trees and darkness from all the branches above.

You totally should! I bet you can be seeker...especially if you can fly fairly. Now me on the otherhand, thats just a dream of mine that I don't see happening this year. I can use a lot of work on speed and stunts. Hmmm...people make the forbidden forest out to be so much worse then it really is, we should venture out there sometime!

maybe, actually, i am the leader of the exploration club. you can join if you want. we have our first exploration in a couple of days.

for now in the student club area, but soon we will meet where ever we are going to explore

Users who are viewing this thread

Back