Nomad

Blair Crawley

Wand
Knotted 15 1/2 Inch Sturdy Fir Wand with Manticore Venom Core
It had been quite a pleasant day, the research went well and work mates were all pleasing. So Blair had decided to celebrate this fine day for a drink on her own and see if she would meet any nice man. With a flick of her wand, Blair apparated to the magical part of Cambridge, Massachusetts and entered a minimalist bar. She was wearing a backless nude colored jumper, revealing her fox tattoo on her back. The woman ordered a dry martini with extra olive on the side and sat quietly, waiting for the bartender to deliver her drink. She glanced to the side and notice a man sitting on his own, looking rather tired, so she gave him a friendly smile as an invitation to start a conversation.

Tobias seated himself on one of the stools near the bar, and leaned his elbows on the wooden counter while he waited for the bartender to come and take his order. He ran a hand through his dark brown hair while he waited and sighed. He was tired from a whole day - and most of the night - of searching for a female Acromantula who had been let loose in a thick forest not far away from a muggle community - probably to protect the creature from harm. Tobias had spent most of the day looking around the forest for the beast, examining every little odd thing in the hope that it was the clue that would lead him towards the spider. When the bartender shoved a cold glass of beer towards him, the man noticed a woman smiling at him. He smiled back at the woman, and placed his hand around the glass. ''Cheers.'' Tobias said, raising it before sipping from his beer.

Blair lifted her glass, replying to him without a word, she wasn't interested in begging for an attention from men, hence she stayed on her seat and rotated the stool, facing the bartender. She took the peanut in front of her and tossed it to her mouth. Seemed like Blair wasn't going to spend her time with anyone, she didn't mind celebrating her good day on her own. Perhaps it would be one of those days where she could have a quality time with herself. Once the martini appeared in front of her, Blair had a sip of it and dip some more olives into it.

Tobias smiled once more, and then finished his drink rather quickly. He'd been longing to chug a nice, cold beer ever since he left the forest. He understood why the lady remained seated, he was horrible looking at the moment, and his tired demeanor wasn't helping very much either. However, after ordering himself another drink, Tobias was beginning to wonder why the woman was sitting alone in a rather crowded bar, such a lovely woman surely would have someone to be around with.The twenty-eight year old moved seats to sit a little closer to her. ''Are you celebrating something?'' he asked, nodding at the martini standing in front of her on the counter. He figured that there might be a completely different reason for why she was drinking alone, but at least this would, hopefully, get a conversation going between the two adults.

Well of course, the man moved toward her, they always do. Blair glanced to her side and smiled at him, shooking her head "I've been having a great day, so why not spoil myself with a glass of martini? Or two?" she winked at him, sipping on her martini with her eyes locked at his. "I'm Blair" she leaned toward him so that he could hear her clearly, the pub was quite crowded and the music was quite loud. She doubted if he could hear her clearly, but at least she tried speaking loud enough. "Are you some kind of lost in the crowd? Or are you trying to hunt a prey for the night?" a slight sly curved of smirk appeared on her face as she crossed her legs.​
<i>
</i>

Tobias nodded his head. More true words had never been spoken before. He used to treat him to a drink whenever he successfully caught a creatures. When the woman leaned in he did so too. He almost couldn't hear her because of the noise from behind them in the pub, but heard the woman's name and the question she asked just barely. Tobias smiled, speaking a little louder too, "I'm Tobias," the man said, hoping that his voice was loud enough for Blair to hear it. "Both." he told her, unaware that she was implying something completely different with her second guess as to why he was sitting in the pub.

"Nice to meet you" was all that Blair could say, he didn't seem to be interested in a light conversation hence Blair stayed quiet and sipped on her martini. Once she finished her drink, Blair reached down for her purse, grabbing several coins of galleons and paid the bartender. She stood up and blinked her eyes, smiling at the stranger, leaning toward his ears "I'm gonna go, this place gives me a headache" she patted his shoulder, grabbed her things and turned her heels to the other side, leaving. With a swish of wand, the door burst open. Where to head next? Home? The cafe? A stroll? Maybe the park? The park it would be! :unsure:

Tobias simply nodded with she told him that it was nice to meet him. He was too tired to get involved in a proper conversation. He nodded again when she leaned in and said, ''Have a good night.'' and followed her as she walked out of the pub. She didn't seem to have noticed that she'd dropped something while walking away from him, so Tobias quickly stood up and hurried after Blair, hoping that the hadn't already apparated away from this neighbourhood. ''Wait.'' he called after her when he saw the woman walking outside. ''You dropped this,'' the man said, holding out the object that she had dropped.

Once Blair was outside the pub, she drew her wand out and flicked it as sparks of fire appeared. Right before she apparated, the man called for her. She glanced back at him and eyed her credit card, something that was odd to the wizarding world. "Dang it" she took it gently and placed it in her little pouch "thanks" she smiled at him. Blair liked being outside of the pub, it wasn't too crowded. "I was just thinking about getting a gelato, do you happen to know a good place to get it?" it shouldn't be hard for the wizards to travel, a flick of a wand and woosh. Hopefully she could get herself satisfied from the dessert.

Tobias smiled. He didn't know what it was that he had given back to the woman but it seemed to be really important to her. ''Don't mention it.'' he replied with a wink. Then she asked him if he knew a place where she could get a gelato, or whatever it was that she wanted. ''I'm sorry, can't help you there. I'm not from around here.'' He honestly wished he could help Blair because she seemed rather interesting with her little card thing, but figured that she would leave since he didn't know a place that sold gelato's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back