Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Straight Dark Cherrywood Wand 13" Sturdy with Selkie Hair
Kida Walked up the steps to the Owlery, her owl Perched on her arm, she was stroking the back of its neck, Kida Stopped for a moment and looked at the view, she wish she had her camera, it was beautiful, she laughed softly as he nipped her finger craving for more attention, she continues to stroke the back of his neck as she walked into the owlery, feathers where floating around, as some of the owls trimmed there wings, she went and sat down, and continued to stroke the back of Gufo's neck, Kida had some parchment, ink and a quill packed away in her pocket, she had been meaning to write a letter for some time, other owls flew out of the coops and landed around Kida, nipping her fingers for attention, about 3 owls surounded her, she didnt have enough hands, she continued to get nipped, she had nothing she could do, she patted them one at a time, she smiled as they hooted softly, she glanced at her fingers, they had begun to bleed a bit from being nipped, she curled her hand up so they couldnt nip anymore, two flew off because of the lack of attention, she get gufo to sit on her lap and stroked his neck and she use her other hand to Pet the other owl. she sighed softly to her self and looked at the view.

Artemis trotted up the steps towards the owlery. The smell of bird droppings and old parchment was beginning to waft around her, and she smiled softly. How she wanted an owl of her own.

She stepped into the room, and was immediately bombarded by friendly school owls wanting a good pat and a job.
"Hey hey, I only need one owl! Settle down, hey!" she exclaimed with a laugh.

A particularly large group of owls caught her attention, and she turned to see a small girl of her own age, completely engulfed with feathers and energetic, nippy owls.

"Oh. 'Allo!"

Kida Looked up at the girl who had Entered ther Room, she Smiled Softly "Hey, i think they like you aswell" She said laughing softly, attempting to pat several Owls at once, "They act as if no one has payed them any attention in years" she said Laughing Softly.

Artemis spontaneously grinned, nuzzling an owl with her nose.
"Yeah, I wish I had one. They seem to be very affectionate."
She paused for a moment, then spoke again.
"Artemis Blackmoore-Yearling. First year, Ravenclaw."

Kida Grinned, "Kida" She said as she moved slightly to get rid of some owls, "Kida Frost, Gryffindor, 1st year" she said, she still had Her owl Gufo sitting on her lap, she stroked the back of his neck slightly, "Owls are Great Pets, Gufo never Leaves my side most of the time" She said stroking his unusually Dark feathers, his beady Deep brown eyes looking around.

"I say, that's an interesting coloured owl!" said Artemis energetically.
"I've not seen one of its breed before in such wonderful, dark plumage."

Kida grinned, "i saw him at the shop, and i had to have him" she said as she put her arm for gufo to stand on, Gufo quickly jumped on her arm, Kida held her arm out to the girl, "You can hold him if you want, hes a bit heavy" She said laughing stroking the back of his neck again "just Joking Gufo" she grinned and waited for the girl.

Artemis's eyes lit up like a beacon.
"Oh, really? Wow!"
She leaned forward, offering a cautious hand to the owl.
"I wanted to buy one myself, only I don't know my way around Obsidian Harbour, or anything about owls, for that matter."

"Obsidian Harbor can be a bit of rush, well it was when i went shopping" she said grinning, she watched as Gufo jumped onto the girls arm, flapping his wings to find his balance, "The Magical Menagerie is the place for all your Pets, thats where i got Nerezza and Gufo, Nerezza is my Cat by the way" She said Grinning.

Artemis gave a giggle as Gufo flapped several times.
"Well, hello beauty!" she chortled out.
"I'm sorry to be a bother, but do you perhaps have a map, or, could you show me where it is?"
She scratched the back of her head sheepishly. Sometimes being new in New Zealand was a bit of a pain.

Kida laughed, "I wish there was such thing as a map for Obsidian Harbor, that would have been so much easier" she watched Gufo "But sorry to say, there is no such thing, just walk into a shop untill you find the right one" she said laughing

Artemis chuckled softly.
"Judging from the state of the owlery, all I'd have to do is follow my nose"
She grinned merrily.
"Ah, but sometimes I'd wish we followed a few muggle customs by making a map or two. Make things a far sight easier sometimes, you'd think. Actually though, I was merely hoping you'd accompany me to the place. After you, you sure seem to know a bit about owls. Perhaps you'd be able to help me choose."
Artemis stroked Gufo gently.
So much for subtlety, Artemis. Way to make friends.

Kida's hand was being nibbeled by another owl who craved attention, "Well inside the store, it worse, you have cats and snakes and snails, frogs and Owls ofcourse" she said grinning, "But i'm sure i can help you, i just found Gufo, and straight away i wanted him, I would say its a magical bond, and magic is ofcourse real" she said grinning

Kida Laughed, "So... do you have any Relatives or Family in the school?" She asked, Kida herself had two cousins,

Artemis nodded.
"Yeah, I do. Two of my sister, Bess and Connie, are Gryffindor fourth years. My other sister Deirdre, and my two brothers Simon and Greg are all out of school. There's quite a gap between us all, as you can see."
Artemis suddenly out an explosive sneeze, as a tuft of down fell onto her nose. Gufo alighted immediately, flapping wildly back to Kida with an affronted look towards Artemis.
"Oh dear...Sorry, Gufo!" Artemis apologized, trying not to giggle at the owl's stern look.

Kida scratched Gufo's neck "Oh Cool, Well i have 2 Annoying younger cousins, there twins you see, Aeon Summers and Sern Summers, there both very different, Aeon and i had a fight the other day, He called me a Mud Blood, so i ignored him, but its ok now. By the Way, have you heard about the Yule Ball Coming up?" she asked, she was looking forward to the Ball, she wanted to have a reason to get dressed up

"The Yule ball is the annual Ball, its held every year, for all grades, Guys ask you to go with them, you dress up and dance all night" Kida said Grinning

Artemis blinked in surprise.
"Wow, Hogwarts does that kind of stuff? Blimey, I'll want to go to that! Have you got a date?"

Kida Laughed, she ran her fingers through her hair, "Believe it or not Hogwarts actually do fun things" Kida Looked at her owl again "Nup, no Date, its not for another 2 months, so its all good for now"

"Oh, I see" laughed Artemis.
"Hopefully I'll know a few more people before then, anyway. Perhaps you can introduce me to your cousins!"

"Are you sure you want to" She said laughing,

Artemis's impish eyes sparkled.
"Oh, I'm sure."
Artemis glanced out of the window into the grounds below. Her eyes sparked for a moment.
"Oh, hey, I have a letter to send!"
She looked around, and suddenly fifteen owls were perched on her shoulders and on the window sills around her, eyeing her letter beadily.
"Err..." she mumbled.

Kida laughed as the girl got swamped with owls, she looked at them closely, kida slowly stood up, with Gufo on her arm, she held her arm out to a Beautiful Tan Owl, The Owl Jumped on Kidas arm, "This is a good Owl" She said laughing "and fast" she held her arm out infront of the girl,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back