No way! I'm a JIn and you're a Wu!

Collin Jin

Collin used to go to the library a lot but lately, he abandoned that place. He hated school after finding out that Collin didn't have time to spend with Cherie and he still had the letter from his father in his pocket since last week. The only way to read the letter was that if Cherie was there with him. His father gave a special charm so that if they weren't together, the ink wont appear. He had heard that his step mother was having a baby but his friend from Salem told him that it wasn't true. So who to believe? The house elf or friend? And what disappoint Collin even more was that his grade was falling, it was true that Collin didn't gave back the homework on time but the professor should give less homework. He used to love making essays but not anymore, he started to hate them.

After being lectured by the professors, Collin decided to read something from the library. He enter the place and sat on a chair with a herbology book in front of him. Collin used to be interested in that subject but not anymore. He wished that his father would consider about sending him to Salem so that he could stay close with some of his relatives there. Instead of reading the book, Collin stare at the students and his personality had changed little by little.

It was strange for Lykke to be in the library on her own, but on the off chance that she passed if she went in. She never knew, there may be more recruits she could offer to. She took a seat on one of the tables, looking round at the first years. They would be the better choice to go for. Her eyes stopped on a boy, one she thought she recognised. No, it couldn't be. She didn't even know he was magical, then again what her parents chose to tell her these days she had no idea.
Creeping up to the boy, she said, "Hey. Collin." wondering how much of a fool she would have made herself if she'd got the wrong boy. They hadn't seen each other for years, and Lykke didn't know if he'd know who she was. Once glance at his robes told her he was a ravenclaw and she sighed. What was it with smart-asses this year?

Collin was surprised to see an Asian girl approaching him. He glared at her for several minute, the glare wasn't cold and wasn't friendly. He shut his eyes and put on a smile on his face. "How do you know my name?" It was odd really to see someone in other house, older than him and knew who on earth Collin was. Collin didn't recognize who the girl was but she seemed familiar. Perhaps she was a friend of Cherie? There was only one way to get the answer, ask them. But Collin didn't really care who she was unless she was related to him which was IMPOSSIBLE. His father told him that all of his relatives were in America or China, none of them were in New Zealand and definitely not Hogwarts. "You're a friend of Cherie's" He asked her casually, he didn't really care if she was but he wasn't going to let himself figuring out who the girl was.

Lykke rolled her eyes at the boys ignorance and sat herself opposite him. "I'm Lykke Wu." She said, wondering if it rang any bells. Probably not. His side of the family was so confusing anyway she secretly admired the fact he could remember them all. "Your mother's, that is, birth mother's, brother's, daughter" she said, knowing this would probably confuse him more but it was fun to spread things out. "I'm your cousin." she finished, looking him straight in the eyes before leaning back in her chair.
"How's Cherie?" she asked, not actually bothered about how she was, but more interested in whether she too had made it to Hogwarts. Lykke had gained most of her japanese-ness from her father, since her mother was from china, and Lykke was quietly suprized that Collin had ever made it Hogwarts in the first place. "What blood are you? What's your father?" she asked, hoping he would say pure-blood otherwise things might not get too friendly.

Collin took a deep breath after finding out that the girl was Lykke Wu, he knew who she was and he didn't get to see her a lot since his mother died when she gave birth to the twins. Collin's mother was the type of woman who would yell at other people when she was mad, at least that was what the house elf told him but his father remained loyal to her but after she died, his father was depressed and start acting like a jerk. "Sweet baby Merlin, why are you here??!" Collin didn't mean to be rude but he was extremely surprised, and this is the only way to find out more about his mother. He had wanted to know more about her but his father never told him anything about her. "Dear cousin, you know my name and yet you don't know my blood status?" He let out a small chuckle. "(Pending :p) Pureblood" He said proudly "My father's a human being not an elf" Collin knew exactly what she meant by what his father was. The answer was rather simple it was either a muggleborn, halfblood, or mixed but Collin decided to have a little fun, perhaps annoy her a little? Well if the cousin of his was a short tempered then she should be annoyed. But Collin wasn't planning to make her blast at him, he wasn't that type of lad anyway at least not yet.

"Sweet baby Merlin to you too" she shook her head. "Yes, i know your mother was a pureblood, the same as mine, but i know nothing of your father." she studied the boy in front of her, "Your mother was much different to mine." she said, "Mine wanted me to be Slytherin, apparently yours had high hopes for me being Gryffindor, something they apparently used to argue over." she said. She had only been very very small when her aunt and mother argued, but she had been told how different they had been all her life. "What does your father want?" she asked him, wondering whether it was because of him Collin had made it to Ravenclaw. Lykke couldn't be expected to stand around and watch one of her younger family members wither away a pointless life. She knew she would have to help this boy, even if it was her nature to dispise those in any house except Slytherin. "Where's Cherie" She asked, wondering if that poor girl too and landed herself in Ravenclaw.

Collin knew nothing about his mother wanting him to be in Gryffindor and the only way to know more about her was to stick with Lykke. "I don't know about baba, he's rarely home, he's always with" women... He wanted to continue but he wasn't going to tell everyone that his father was a player "His co-workers and he don't expect ANYTHING AT ALL from me, us" Collin forced himself to smile, he was extremely disappointed in his father but he couldn't do anything could he? Collin's father had been away from home since he was young and the twins took care of each other, even their step mother didn't care much about them. But he knew that Cherie had a good relationship with the new step-mom. "Cherie's a Gryffindor by the way and I don't know where she is. I had this bet that Cherie would end up in Slytherin but I lost the bet, she was sorted into Gryffindor which freaks me out" He let out a small chuckle thinking about Cherie. Never mess up with Cherie, she was far too dangerous when she was mad. But hey, she was only like that to Collin and Collin couldn't understand why she did that.

Lykke shivered, Gryffindor. It was even worse than Ravenclaw. Collin didn't seem to want to talk about his father but she didn't blame him, her own father was someone you wouldn't want to talk about. "Your gonna stick around me" she said matter-of-factly. "I'll show you how any decent person behaves" she smiled slyly to herself. "So," she continued, "got any step-siblings i don't know about?" the more she could "convert" to her way of thinking the better. Cherie had always freaked Lykke out anyway. Last time she'd met the girl she had been six, and like any small child, Lykke's bossyness hadn't got her anywhere. Obviously she'd changed since, picked up some more persuading skills. Lykke kicked back and leant her boots up on the table. She had a bad reputation to keep.

Collin stare at Lykke for several second, he rose an eyebrow when she told him that he was going to stick with her. "Why am I sticking with you?" Collin snorted "No offense tho, I would love to stick with you but... Why?" He didn't mean to be rude and he didn't mean to offend her, he had heard that there was this girl in Slytherin who would kick on other people who got into their nerve. Collin felt so great when Lykke changed the topic of the subject, instead of talking about his father, Lykke asked him if he had a step sibling which was worse. He had heard that his step mother was pregnant but he wasn't sure if it was true or not. "I don't want any younger sibling especially STEP or HALF." He said clearly. "You know, you're a girl and shouldn't you at least, I don't know sit properly?" Collin remembered his sister who had always been a girly-girl she did that sometime but it was rare to see her feet up on the table. "And what about you Jie (sis)? Still the only child?" Collin couldn't imagine living all by himself in the manor without any sibling. He would probably hung himself instantly.

Cherie walked in to the library. She hadn't been planning to read books or anything, but maybe find something to sketch. Maybe one of the books had an interesting picture she would like or something. She rolled her eyes as she noticed her brother. Of course he was with a girl. Cherie walked over there and took a seat next to Collin. She glanced at the girl for a moment and thought she recognized the girl. Maybe they were related or something? She didn't want to sound stupid, though. So she didn't say anything. "Hi, Collin," Cherie said. "And I wasn't coming here to read a book." She showed him the art supplies she had brought with her.

Collin was surprised seeing a sister of his came and join him and Lykke. And what surprised him even more was that she brought an art supply "Since when do you paint or draw or whatever?" He stare at the art supplies and grab them one by one and observed it. He hadn't seen a lot of them before. Collin then put them down and cough a little "Anyway... Cherie, this is Lykke Wu. Our..." He paused trying to see if Cherie could remember this girl "Cousin" He continued, if his sister didn't remember her then she was probably surprised but if she knew her then.... "And yeah I thought she's in China but she turned out to be here, with the Kiwis" He let out a small chuckle when he said Kiwi. He hated that animal, it was ugly and it scared him a little. "And Cherie I got this letter from baba" He opened it immediately as a writing appear.
Letter (It's in Chinese btw :P ) said:
Dear twins,

I'm sorry to tell you but your stepmother and I are no longer together.
She passed away, the same way as your mother did. But the baby couldn't make it, he died along with his mother.
So the rumors that you've heard from your friends are true.
I'll be back in China and you shall spend your summer in the manor, or wherever you wish.
Just let me know

Father

Cherie rolled her eyes. "Since I got here and have barely seen you, duh," she said. "How else would you not know?" She let her brother look at them then put them away after what he said next. Now there would be a conversation. She could draw later. Cherie looked at the girl. "I thought you looked familiar," she said. "Nice to meet you again, Lykke." She watched the ink appear and read the letter quickly. Cherie took a deep breath. She had liked Caitlyn, but didn't want to cry in front of anybody. That would just be embarrassing. She hoped that someone else would say something.

Collin shrugged "I don't know I thought what you did was scribbling instead of this" He pointed at the art supplies of hers. After reading the letter, Collin felt a huge relieve but he knew that Cherie didn't feel the same way as him. Collin knew that Cherie was sad even though she tried to cover up her emotion. Collin wasn't really good in these kind of situation since he dislike Caitlyn. Collin put an arm on Cherie's shoulder "Sorry sis" That was all he could say. He then glared at Lykke giving her a `help-me-look` secretly so that Cherie didn't see him doing that. "Hey look at the bright sight, we don't have to see little dwarfs, I mean babies crying or run around?" He said. `You're not helping` He said in his mind. "Cherie listen, it's better this way you know... You don't have to see those people from her company coming into the manor like they own the place and you get all the attention from baba again" He hope he could get his father's attention. He had tried so many things but he was always with another woman.

Lykke sat quietly, which was unusual for her, watching as his twin joined him and they began to read the letter. Yes, she was a girl, which in her mind gave her every more excuse to behave the way she did. She rolled her eyes when Cherie began to get upset, catching the look of her cousin. "Don't bother getting upset over family members. It's not worth it. Especially when there's little kids involved, they're just annoying. You want to be out for yourselves. Stay in the game." she gave them a grin. "The goal is to be popular, even you should know that." she said, looking at them both. "I can help you there." she finished. She'd made a name of herself last year with the Dark Elites, and her own year if not the rest too knew who she was. She didn't have a good reputation, oh no, and Lykke enjoyed the fear that the students came up to her with. Those who acted as though they were better than her, well Lykke put them in their place.

Cherie sighed and shrugged her brother's arm off her shoulder. She was fine. A little sad. But she didn't want to be the one who always needed someone else's help. "You're right about that," she said to Lykke. Cherie was wondering why this girl was acting the way she was. It scared her a little, that her cousin was acting the way she was. But by now Cherie was listening to Lykke.

Collin secretly rolled his eyes when a cousin of his tried to comfort Cherie. He hope that Cherie was comforted, both of them weren't the best adviser but at least they were trying. Collin was slightly interested at Lykke when she told him that she could make him popular. But actually, he could do it by himself but doing it with his family would be so much fun rather than doing it alone. "What are you going to do? Make us sing in front of other people till they know who on earth we are?" He snorted. Collin then look over to Cherie, he wasn't going to say anything else to Lykke unless Cherie liked her. Collin was going to ask his father about Lykke, he wanted to know more about his family from his mother's site but too bad that his father never told him about his mother and if his father wont tell him, he'll just sneak on his father's room and try to find a hint.

Cherie rolled her eyes. "Collin, you should probably listen to Lykke," she said. "She probably knows all about being popular." She also hoped to learn more about her mother's side of the family. She didn't know much about it. Cherie turned to Lykke. "So, what's first?" she asked. "What's first on the to-do list?"

Lykke grinned as she managed to get her cousins on board. "Excellent" she dragged her boots off the table and stood up. "You do whatever it takes to get noticed. Hogwarts is big place, we have to be outrageous" she said. "Whatever you can think of". Taking a small canister out of her bag, she checked for Professors, before wandering over to the wall, standing on a chair, and began to spray a dark green ink. "Return of the Dark Elites x" she'd written. People were bound to know what that meant, and if they weren't careful, they'd feel their wrath themselves. She walked passed her cousin, smiling sourly and placing the canister in front of them, before walking to the door of the library. They were going to need to get rebelious themselves if they wanted her help. She had to almost test them. Would they do something?

((Sorry for the delay))

Collin stared at Cherie, he couldn't understand why she would trust their cousin."Dark Elites x? That sounds wrong" Collin sneered looking at the name. "No... I'd rather be known as a JIN than a dark elite" Collin was proud of his family and he wasn't planning on joining any team and became popular on it. It sounded stupid for him since Collin wanted to be known as him self instead of the group that he was joining. Collin stood up and walk toward Lykke "Lykke jie, you don't have to do this... You know" Collin stared at her as he walk beside her charmingly. "Don't you want them to know you as a Wu? So instead of telling everyone that you're one of the dark elite, you'll be telling everyone that you're a Wu. The same goes with me, instead of being known as one of those dark elites, they'll know me as a Jin. And I might win my father's attention by doing this" The only reason why he wanted to be popular was that he wanted his father to notice him. He had tried everything and he never made it.

Cherie wondered why Lykke's group was called 'Dark Elites' or whatever it was. "Pssht," she muttered after her cousin had left. She turned to her brother. "Popular doesn't mean doing stuff that makes people fear you," Cherie muttered. "She doesn't know what on earth she's talking about." She stared at the canister on the table. "Not touching that thing."

Lykke answered her cousin before heading out the door. "No. It's about being individual. It's about a group of people, who believe they are better than others." she said, refurring to Slytherins. It's what her parents had wanted. "You two obviously arn't cut out enough to be better than anyone else. Or you yourselves would have made it to Slytherin. You can try all you like to make yourself popular through being nice, but trust me, you'll end up being a 7th year reject, someone that's been there time and time again. You'll bore people. You want to be noticed, you have to do something extreme like i said. Fear is, extreme." she let the door fall behind her as she dissapeared off into the corridor.

(her words not mine xD)

((Dw Lykke's awesome :p ))

Collin laugh at Cherie, he knew the `not touching that thing` part. He knew that was coming, typical Cherie. "Lykke jie, you can scare them, but I'm not joining your dark elite. imagine this" He smirked and start imagining things. "You get to be popular because you're Lykke, not one of the dark elite." He was interested in his cousin, showing those students that they should never messed up with a Wu or Jin. Collin then kicked the door open and catch up with Lykke. "Stop leaving me!" He shouted. "Fine... Whatever, I can scare the other students with you if you want but I don't wanna be known as the dark elite... A Jin is so much better" That was one of Collin's expectation, to be known as himself instead of a group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back