No sense

Abigail Lurken-Mckay

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Spanish Cedar 14" Core of Werewolf fur and Phoenix feather.
Abbey had spent her morning alone, actually she was almost always alone. She had barely moved from her bed, covered in bruise paste, and laying uncomfortably in her bed, she had refused to stay at the Hospital Wing, the nurse had made her stay for an hour or two but she snuck out late last night and went to her dorm room, she was certain that the nurse was mad or frustrated with her, but Abbey could not deal with being there, it reminded her off everything all too well. When she finally decided that it was safe too leave her bed, she got up warily, feeling quite relieved that Isabella and Alyssa had already left.

She walked out of her dorm, with a large not in her stomach and she went towards the showers, getting confused glances as people saw a disgusting looking paste over top of intense purple, blue and black bruises. Abbey walked over to the showers, carefully changing out of her clothes and when she had gotten out of her shower, which hadn't gone over well, it hurt very much, luckily she had some muggle pain killers that she had stolen from a muggle in September, she was almost out, which scared her slightly, she didn't have any muggle money, and she didn't have very much wizarding money. Asher must have it all, Abbey thought with a tiny shrug as she changed into a loose fitting grey t shirt that looked as if it could be a mans shirt, which it was. And some loose black sweat pants, knowing that she looked like she didn't care about her appearance which she did, she just thought it would be easiest this way.

When she got back to her dorm she put on an over sized green and blue sweater and she put her hair up into a loose bun, not bothering to brush it, it always dried into loose waves anyways. Abbey then walked out of her dorm room and the common room weakly, when her feet touched the disgusting and cold dungeon ground was when she realized that she didn't have shoes. No sense in going back now, I'll just be complaining from the pain in my feet anyways, Abbey thought with a small shrug and she continued walking up the stairs. Abbey soon found herself on the first floor corridor, deciding that it was easiest and safest to avoid the Ground floor, she didn't want Noah, Alex, Blake or Emme to see the pain in her violet eyes, as it was quite clear.

Patricia had been lying up in her dorm room. She had becoming increasingly bored these past few days. It was only the third week and she was falling behind in her work but couldn't seem to bring herself to do her homework, which was becoming higher with each passing day.

Taking a sigh she got up of her bed and forced herself to go and take a walk, to clear her mind before starting any work. She slowly walked out of the house and walked along the corridors, planning to go outside, some fresh air would probably be best for her.

When she reached the first floor corridor, she saw a girl. She seemed familiar, unsure how. As she got closer to the girl she was wondering how she was familiar, then it came to her. She was in a few of her classes, but she didn't see her last year. Anyone transfer! she thought. She had met Emme and Ava, two Ravenclaw girls in second year, who had transferred from Hogwarts Scotland.

Deciding it was always good to meet new people, especially ones in her year. She walked over to the girl and said, "Hey there. Your in second year right?" Wanting to make sure she was right about who it was first, not that it mattered.

Abbey almost jumped out of her skin when she heard someone walk towards her, her eyes were so hazed over from the pain she could barely see. When she heard a girls voice, she felt a little bit more calmed down, she was very uncomfortable with the opposite sex because of what she had been through. Abbey turned her head in the girls direction, she blinked her violet eyes once so she could see more clearly.

The young Slytherin nodded her head and replied, "Yes, are you?" Abbey forced a smile to form on her lips, it looked flawless as if there was nothing wrong with her, except in her eyes, there was a twinkle of sadness and fear in her eyes, she hated how they always did that, showed when she was lying, her face could lie, but not her eyes, it wasn't so useful at a time like this, but what could she do? It wasn't like many people were going to fight with her, not when she looked so vulnerable and scared, though she did not plan that, it was just how she felt now. He did that to her.

Abbey closed her eyes in pain for a second, then she took a shaky breath and opened her eyes to the girl once more and she said, "I'm Abigail Lurken.. but you can call me Abbey, what's your name?" Abbey flashed the girl another meaningless smile as she waited for a response.

Kate had just come down from the owlery and was heading to the warm kitchens when she heard Pat's voice from the 1st floor corridor. Heading up the stairs, she saw her chatting to another girl. "Hey Pat. Hey." She said quietly, trying to think if she had ever seen the girl before.

Patricia smiled when the girl confirmed that she was a second year. Patricia replied, "Yes I am. Hufflepuff." She said happily.

Patricia looked at the girl, she noticed her eyes. They were unusual, they were a violet. Patricia had never seen violet eyes before, but she decided to say nothing about it, in case she was sensitive about them. By looking at her eyes Patricia could tell that she felt sad. There was something else there but she couldn't tell. Patricia hated people feeling down, she knew how it felt herself.

Patricia saw the girl close her eyes, she quickly took her gaze from them, she didn't want to seem rude. Patricia nodded when the girl give her name, "Nice to meet you Abbey." She replied, "I'm Patricia Rogers." Patricia was about to tell Abbey her nickname, but she heard it before she could give it. Patricia turned round and saw Kate, one of her best friends. "Or you can call me Pat." She said to Abbey before Kate reached her.

Turning to Kate she said, "Hey Kate. Abbey this is Kate, she's in our year too. And Kate this is Abbey." She said with a smile as she introduced the two girls to each other.

Oh god, a Hufflepuff, Abbey thought then she gave the girl a weak smile and she said in return, "I'm in Slytherin." Abbey decided she was too weak to start a fight with the girl so she would just be nice, she didn't need more people looking to hurt her.

She could feel the girls blue eyes on her violet ones, she loved her eyes, they made her feel like she had a connection to her mother, but the odd looks and questions she got about them were a bit irritating, and she was glad that the girl didn't ask anything about them, she usually did get questions back at HS.

Abbey forced another smile and she said, "Pleasure, I'm sure." Once more Abbey shuddered when another person joined them, she hoped that a lot of people wouldn't join them, she didn't want to bring a crowd, a few girls she could handle but boys scared her now, and a large group of people made her feel uncomfortable. Don't worry about it, don't think about it, it's fine, you need to make friends from your year, don't leave! Abbey thought nervously as she gave Kate a flawless smile.

"Nice to meet you both," Abbey said shyly as she carefully crossed her arms against her chest, shying away from the two girls. God I hope that this doesn't bring a crowd of people, Abbey thought as her stomach turned to knots from fear.

Kate smiled at Abbey and Pat. "Hey," She said in response. This girl looked a little like she was struggling to talk to them. I wonder if it would make a difference us not being in Hufflepuff. She thought to herself. "I haven't seen you in History of Magic, Abbey. Where do you sit?" She asked the girl, as she tried to put in a good topic for them to have instead of this awful, akward silence.

Abbey raised her eye brow cautiously then said, "In the back, I was afraid the Professor would be as dull as Professor Binns." Abbey let an awkward chuckle out at this then asked in return, "What about you?" Abbey clenched her small hands in fists discretely, as if she was putting up a shield or something of the sort, she could not lie to herself, she was absolutely terrified, but only her eyes showed it... as usual.

Kate smiled warmly at Abbey and replied, "I was near the middle. Weren't we Pat!" She looked towards Pat, remebering how in nearly all their lessons they had sat together. "Do you think the Professor is boring then?" She asked. Abbey's eyes looked as if she was terrified, but Kate couldn't work out of what.

Patricia looked around her, finding it hard to think of things to talk about. She grinned thankfully at Kate, who came up with something to say. "Yeah 2nd or 3rd row. It depends sometimes. At least Professor Isolde is nice." Patricia said with a smile. When Abbey said Professor Binns, Patricia wondered where she heard the name from before, "Abbey?" She asked. "Did you transfer from Hogwarts in Scotland?" She continued.

Inclining to Kate, Paticia give a small laugh, "I don't think he's boring. It's a decent class, so it's hard to get bored." She said, not going to admit that he was nice looking, not after the Professor King thing at the Welcome Party she had in the common room.

Kate smiled and nodded with Pat. "Yeh." She said absentmindedly, her mind filled with the last conversation she had had and how she felt about it. When she had had it, it didn't feel unusual, but now she thought about it, it started to hurt her. Her stomach was tossing and turning and she glanced at her watch. Realsing that she hadn't had breakfast yet because she had been late getting up. Smiling warmly at the other two she waited for a pause in the conversation they were having. "Um guys, i have to go now. I haven't had any breakfast or food/drink yet so i will have to go. Thanks for the conversation though and i will see you around Abbey? I will look out for you in History of Magic then. Bye!" She called as she left. Before she turned the corner to the stairs she called out to Pat, "See you in the common room!" But whether Pat heard it or not was not her worry.

Abbey nodded her head at Patricia's question and said, "Yeah, I moved here this month." Abbey gave her an awkward smile then said, "Alright bye Kate... Pat I should probably head out as well, I have to talk to Cullen." Abbey gave Patricia a slight smile before waving painfully then walked away quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back