No Ones Home

Jonathan Holland

It took a lot of convincing for Jon to actually go with the plan. It was simple but for him to skip class just so his girlfriend wanted to spend alone time with him, you would think he was a mad man. "Mad man who's probably in love" he mumbled underneath his breath, it sounded weak even he could tell the difference in his voice. Zehava was breathtakingly beautiful so how could he reject the idea of travelling across the world just to spend some quality time with her. He couldn't say no to that but he did suggested a weekend so they wouldn't have to miss class and knew his parents were out of town for the weekend he had chosen. This plan couldn't go wrong, yet he felt nervous waiting for her to meet him at the main fireplace in school. He waited with a small back bag flung over his shoulder and a descent short sleeve sweater since the weather had already improved. Now all he could do was wait for Zehava, so that they may use the floo power network. It was early so no one was around, he just hope she get here on time before it became to crowded to skip out.

Zehava swore under her breath. If she was late, the crowds would start to arive. She wanted to talk to Jon. She felt angry, quite rightly if she said so herself. Who was he to do such a thing? What was going on? Didn't he love her?
Emotions flickered in her head as she saw him. He looked so amazing her legs gave way. No, this is no time for going weak she told herself, marching over. When she got closer, she slowed down, and brushed a tear from her cheek. She didn't know how to say this, and she hoped that she was wrong in saying it. She still loved him, she just wanted to clear things up. She was confused.
'Jon.' She said, anger in her voice. She waited for him to react before carrying on.

Jon looked up and notice Zehava had finally arrived. Only a few students were around but he didn't care, students usually mind their own business unless it was someone that disliked you. He notice that she was crying, he felt his face dropped and wondered what was up. "Hey sweety, are you okay?" he asked his voice clear enough hinted his concern. He never seen Zehave cried so it was different for him, "Please tell me what's wrong?" he moved her towards the side.

Zehava stepped back. 'Don't come near me till I know whats going on. I'm being stupid I know, but it would mean a lot to me if this was serious.' She had stopped crying now. She had a serious face, although it was tear stained.
She trembled, not wanting to ask incase she got a reaction that she didn't want.

'Who's Zakuka?'

Jon felt his tense muscle finally reacted on its own slowly feeling himself relax now that he knew what she was crying about. "Zehava its nothing you have to worry about my dear." he said in a reassuring mellow voice, keeping his component still, only to step forward and try to console his girlfriend. "She's my best friend, a girl from my sister school, no need to worry." he made it sound so easy for him to say. Jon didn't have feelings beyond that level, he was sure of it and knew he wouldn't cross that line, at least he was sure of what he was feeling right now. "I ment to tell you guess it slipped my mind." with all the ministry business, and his grades, he had a lot more to worry about these days. "I hope you can forgive me?" he said staring deep into her soft tawny eye, sets. Maybe he was actually falling in love with her.

Zehava blushed again. 'I'm so stupid. I'm sorry.' She smiled, hoping that he would forgive her for assuming he would go out with someone else as well.
'Are you ready?' She asked, linking her arm through his and kissing him once on the lips.

Jon smiled as she felt her arms linked with his, "Yes I am." he moved on forward with her. "Hold on." he stopped before he went any further, grabbing both their bags and the small pouch of floo powder, he took his place right next to her again. "Okay I'm ready." he walk on forward towards the fireplace, glad he didn't have to worry about Zehava being mad anymore. Droping some floo powder into the shimmering flames, as he spoke the words were he wanted to be, he release Zehave arm again. "I'll go first." he stepped into the flames as it flicker and licked his entire body, he spoke the words and was gone.

Zehava had never used floo powder, but she memorised what Jon had done, and followed him in. She was scared about walking into fire, but trusted Jon with her heart. She vanished into the flames.

Jon waited at the entrance of his living room, with the bags already sitting down next to him. He smiled once he saw his girlfriend, walking towards her as his hands made its away around her waist. "How was the trip?" he question her pressing his lip to the side of her face. He was already prepare to take her around his home, it wasn't a mansion but it was deep and spacious like one.

Zehava smiled as Jon's hands slid to her waist. 'Interesting.' She replied. 'I feel like such an idiot.' She added grimly. 'I should never have doubted you.' Her head lowered to her feet, but she didn't pull away from him.
Nervously, she looked at him with a tear in her eye. 'I'm stupid.' She said again.

"No your not stupid." Jon sighed as held onto Zehava. "Your more than what I ever can ask for Zehava so please don't be upset." he looked down at his girlfriend and smiled. "I love you." those words he used were true, but Jon wasn't sure if they were ment for her. In ways he wanted to make sure they were, he wanted to believe that he truly loved Zehava. Truthfully he didn't know, though he kept staring into her eyes with such love and admiration.

Zehava smiled, feeling happier now. 'I love you too.' She whispered, reaching up and kissing him.
'Where's your house?' She asked after a moment. 'Is that where we're going?' She grinned with excitement. She truthfully wanted to get to know Jon even more. She hoped he wanted to get to know her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back