No need to study

Joceline Richarde

OOC First Name
Pat
Sexual Orientation
Bi-Sexual
Wand
Yew Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Phoenix Feather.
Joceline had been studying in her dorm room, though she really didn't need to, when she got frustrated and bored with reading things she already knew by heart. She packed away her thing and walked out of the Slytherin house and the dungeons as fast as she could, she didn't need to fall on her head a few days away from exams, that would be just horrid.

She let out a small sigh as she reached the fourth floor, she didn't have much else to do so she walked into the library, but like most of the people in the library she was confident in herself, and the fact that she did not need to study to do well on her exams, she was good at this, it was common knowledge and easy for her.

She sat at the back of an isle of books as the tables were all full of stressed out students, mainly Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs. She took out a French novel she had in her large pocket called Le livre du rire et de l'oubli by Milan Kundera. She opened the book to the page where a small black book mark was held, she hadn't read far, and began reading. << Il n'y a pas de pop ici? >> Non, il n'y avait pas de pop. Ne trouvant pas d'autre issue, il avait fini par se resigner a mettre sur le pick-up une suite pour piano de Bach. She smiled at the words she read, she loved this novel very much, which made her feel like a small fool, but she continued on reading.

dumb starting post sorry Gwin

Autumn was on strict orders from Thomas to take it easy on the studying, as she had jst recovered from a bout of fatigue in the hospital wing from lack of sleep. So today she was headed to the library for a bit of light reading. She had hoped to find a seat for she was growing weary and was developing a headache.

She pulled the romance novel from he rpocket, tryign to conceal the sordid coevr with her tiny hands as she carried the paperback, her nose buried between the lovely smelling yellowed pages, the sides worn from so many readings. She didn't see where she was going and bumped into someone, their respective books flying through the air.

Autumn plucked the one closest to her up from the floor, having managed to retain her balance easily, already some of her strength returning.

She glanced at the front cover and quickly rouhgly translated from french,"I'm sorry but I know very little french...what is this about?" she asked quickly in french, hoping to impress the other girl who was likely a transfer from beauxbatons. The rouhgly translated title had been The Book of Laughs and Forgetfulness...surely that wasn't right?

Joceline looked up as someone spoke to her, in French, she smiled at her, slightly impressed, and then looked down at her book and said, "C'est un roman sur le rire et sur l'oubli, sur l'oubli et sur Prague, sure Prague et sur anges." She gave the girl a sheepish smile and said in English, her french accent showing clearly, "I'm Joceline Richarde." She looked over at the book the girl was holding and saw through her hands that it was smut.

She giggled quietly and asked, "Muggle garbage?" Truthfully Joce enjoyed the romance genre every so often, but she was sort of over that phase of her literary preferences now. She enjoyed other things now, she was just in a mood to read a novel her Mother had always read when she was alive. She sighed gently at the thought of her Mother but she shook it off carefully.

Joceline blinked her bright blue eyes down to her book and closed it between her fingers and looked at the white cover with a child - like drawing that looked like a devil or something of the sort. She smiled to herself before tilting her head back towards the girl wondering what to say now, should she translate the words she had spoken in French to English? The girl had after all said that she didn't know much French, and Joceline being Joceline had gotten excited with speaking to someone in her mother-tongue that was not in her family, even though she didn't speak to them much.

[so if that doesn't make sense sorry. I got it straight from the back of the novel]

Autumn blushed as the girl replie din rapid French, catchign only somethign about angels and it turned otut she had correctly transated the title. But the attentiont was turned to the book Joceline had retrieved. Her book.

"muggle garbage?" she had seemingly scoffed.

Autumn winced at the term and nodded carefully,"I'm forbidden by my dear friend Thomas from reading anything heavier than smut." she said casually, trying not to show how much it stung that she wasn't studying till she passed out from exhaustion again.

"I'm afraid I'm not much on french ltierature, although I do frequent the english texts more often than anything with a paperback to it. However, these are always good when you've nothing else to do and you want to get lost in a love story. I'm sure even the coldest heart of solid steel could be warm by the words of Mrs. Roberts." she continued, catching her breath at the end.

Usually she wasn't one for causing confrontation of any kind, but the girl had insulted her choice of reading material. You don't diss a Ravenclaw's book.

She smiled to her sweetly. It wasn't the fact that she'd referred to it as garabage as much as she'd called it 'muggle' garbage. She eyed Joceline's green and silver uniform with a bit of disdain and wondered if she was a pure-blood, and a muggle-hater at that.

"In any case I'm Autumn Gwin. Pleasure to meet you. So, why, may I ask, do you not have your nose shoved in a book like the other students? Are you, too, on study probation?" she asked, smiling genuinely at her.

Joceline bit her lip when the girl scoffed she hadn't met anything by it, when the girl said Thomas' name her eyes danced warmly and said, "Sounds like Tommy." She smiled at the girls words and said, "I read English more then often, I've just gotten over my romance novel phase.." She trailed off and rolled her eyes at herself knowing that she had read one just last night, but it had been a classic, so that made it better, right?

She noticed that the girl was looking at her, she looked down and saw her Slytherin crest, she smiled sheepishly and looked back at the girl and said in a petite voice, "I don't have any problems with muggles just so you know, I was raised as one, much prefer that way of life anyways." She had whispered the last bit more to herself then anything and wasn't even sure if the girl had heard her or not.

"It's a pleasure," she murmured quietly then explained nicely, "I don't need to study." She flashed the girl a soft smile as she waited for a response at her previous words, she hugged her book to her chest and pouted her bottom lip over so it was touching the tips of the yellowish pages softly. She looked at her knees and sighed silently.

Autumn prickled at the familiar term the girl used for Thomas. She blinke din astonishment at the surprised reaction; the coiling of her innards and the light-headed feeling. Is this what jealousy felt like?

She shook off the feeling, disturbed by the effects it had on her and smiled warmly,"Ah, you're correct if you speak of Thomas Smith. He's my best friend. You see...well..this is quite embarassing, heh...I had been up for about three days straight....studying. And I fainted in the corridor. Thomas carried me to the hospital wing and stayed the night with me there. He's really such a sweetheart. How do the two of you know one another?" she asked, genuinely curiously.

At her mention of being a muggle born Autumn grinned even wider,"Me too. Well, actually my father was a muggle and my mum was a witch. She attended Hogwarts Scotland and was in my house as well. But I went to a muggle school in England and was homeschooled the past 3 or 4 years of my life up until now. I myself prefer this world, but the muggle world does have it's advantages. You don't have to be a graduate of a special school just to be able to turn on a radio for instance." she acknowledged, loving that she had another fellow muggle-born friend. Or at least what she hoped to be a new friend by the end of their conversation.

When she stated that she didn't need to study Autumn's jaw dropped,"Well, I don't either but naturally us Rvaenclaws have a reputation to uphold. she siffed playfully, looking at the girl from under her lashes before burstign into laughter. She was promptly shushed by the harsh librarian Miss Midnight before the young woman ventured off to help two snogging teens come up for air.

"Anyway, haha. Thomas has me determined to stay well-rested as you can't take exams without having any sleep. And I certainly can't pass out at the Yule Ball with him. Now THAT would be an embarassment." she joked, wondering why she had bothered to add that in there. She didn't mean anything harsh by it, though. Simply mentoned it.

Joceline narrowed her eyes at the girls' words, but when she called him a sweetheart she flinched as if she had been hit by a ton of bricks, she didn't enjoy the way the girl had been speaking of him, but she was eleven, certainly she couldn't like anyone, she wouldn't, she was smarter then Aiden, she knew about all the drama he had had the previous year, and didn't want that at all, she was too shy for any of that. "He's my best and only friend I guess," she said with a strained smile towards the girl, not being able to lie as well as she usually was able to - which admittedly wasn't good at all, her eyes shared everything with people.

Wow, she's.. hyper, Joceline thought as the girl spoke, almost with out taking breaks for air. "I'm not a muggle born, but my Mom was a muggle, my Dad is mixed, I only found about him and the rest of the wizarding world.. last year," she said thoughtfully then shrugged it off.

She flashed the girl a weak smile as she laughed but didn't laugh with her, as they were in a library and she knew for a fact that her Aunt was the librarian, and she didn't want to get in trouble with her.

Joceline looked at the girl with surprise as she mentioned the Yule Ball and Thomas, once more she was hit with a ton of bricks, but this one hurt more, she wasn't even sure why, she didn't like him like that, he was just her best friend, right? She clenched her jaw and looked away from the girl, as her stomach churned feeling slightly sick, with not only herself but with that girl. I.. don't like her, that has to be it! Joceline concluded as she tried to figure out a reason why she was reacting in such a way, she knew that he wasn't gong to ask her, after all Joceline was ugly, or she believed she was any way. Never mind the fact that he pitied her, he felt sorry for her.

God I'm like so sad little creature at the zoo, she thought harshly and then looked back at the girl and flashed her yet another smile, though this one was hollow, luckily enough she was able to fake it well enough now. "What does your dress look like?" Joceline asked in a small whisper, still avoiding the obvious fact that she was jealous, she didn't want to admit it, she had never been jealous of anyone for something so vain before, she had been jealous of someone because her mother was still alive but that was about it, nothing more. So she wanted to keep it this way.

Autumn felt an inward flinch at Joceline's reaction that she thought she hid so well. It was obvious something she had said had hurt her or been taken the wrong way. Her brows drew together as she wondered with a small frown at the display of bubbling emotion in front of her. Had she said somethign wrong? Better not to make anything of it, she decided.

Joceline asked her about her dress, again witht hat strained smile and sharp whisper and Autumn sighed,"I'm afraid I wasn't even thinking of going until he asked me. We went to the Halloween ball together and won the wheelbarrow race in the fall. I hope people don't start talking about us though. That's really annoying...I mean, we're only kids for crying out loud. And he's really just a friend to me. I hope you don't think the way Arisa has, for you would be wrong there. Thomas is like, a brother to me." she blathered, flustered at the memory of Arisa teasing them numerous times.

She smiled again, "You know what I mean, though? Gosh, we're just eleven. But really, we're just going to the ball as friends just as we did for the Halloween Feats. If people talk let them." she finished, "But I suppose I do need to find myself a dress, nonetheless....are you going? Oh, if you are would you like to go dress shopping with myself and my friend Luna? We could make a day of it." she said with genuine warmth, hoping Joceline would accept the invitaton.

The girl seemed like someone she could befriend and she felt she could never have too many of those. And she certainly hadn't acquired any enemies since her arrival to Hogwarts. Hopefulyl whatever it was that she had said to Joceline that made her prickle up so frostily wouldn't prevent the friendship from growing.

The sick feeling in Joceline's stomach disappeared as quickly as it had arrived when Autumn said that Thomas was like her brother, and said in a much friendlier tone then before, "Of course, it is quite silly to be dating at such a young age." She nodded her head in approval of the girl and gave her a gentle smile.

The smile quickly faded at Autumn's question, the truth was that she wanted to go, but it wasn't safe for her. All of the other Slytherins would be there, her brother would be there, and unless she wanted to get yelled at to the point of tears she didn't really think it was worth it. "Oh.. I don't know," she answered quietly.

She pursed her lips in thought, was the loss actually much more then the gain? No, it can't be, she decided then smiled. "Sure, that sounds like fun," she said, her eyes showing her appreciation with this, she didn't have many friends, in fact she really only had one, Thomas. And if he goes dress shopping that will be a different ball of wax, she thought humorously. Imagining her best friend in a dress, then she shuddered slightly it wasn't a pretty sight.

"Oh that's great!" Autumn said, glad she'd goten them back on a good start from the tension she'd experienced earlier.

"We'll go today as a break from studying. I'll meet you at Madame Malkins with Luna this evening." she added, with a big smile.

{{so sorry it's so short
xD
but there's really not much else I could sya. I'll go start a topic in brightstone as soon as luna and I finish up our rp on the lawn}}

[no problem]

Joceline smiled and said, "Sounds great." She flicked her eyes back to her book and opened it discretely trying to catch a few words but she didn't want to be rude to the person that was standing by her. "So Autumn," she began, faking confidence. "What house are you in?" she asked politely, the girl hadn't said her house.

[And I'm not sure if she is wearing her uniform :p]

{{
'When she stated that she didn't need to study Autumn's jaw dropped,"Well, I don't either but naturally us Ravenclaws have a reputation to uphold." she siffed playfully, looking at the girl from under her lashes before burstign into laughter. She was promptly shushed by the harsh librarian Miss Midnight before the young woman ventured off to help two snogging teens come up for air.'

xDDD}}

"Oh, I'm in Ravenclaw. Toodles." she said before scurrying off to alert Luna of their new addition to the hunting party. Well, hunting for dresses....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back