OOC First Name
Verity
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Wand
Curved 8 Inch Unyielding Ash Wand with Kelpie Hair Core
The Slytherin Quidditch tryouts were in full swing, but Morrie had no intention of participating. Instead, she sat on a bench, furiously tearing up her old Quidditch notes. Her mood was too sour to bother with the hassle again. Last year, she had been the sole reason Slytherin didn’t finish at the bottom of the leaderboard, yet she hadn’t secured a permanent spot on the team or received enough praise for her efforts. Not even Professor Castillo had come knocking at her door to personally congratulate her and the cheek of it was just outrageous.

No, she was perfectly content leaving Ignitus Wollyfart, the dweeby seeker, and his lackadaisical captain to it, rather than save their arses again. She was much happier sulking on a bench instead because from her vantage point, she could just make out the figures flying around the pitch but was far enough away to have no part in it at all. "So done with Quidditch," she mumbled, tossing the torn parchment into the wind and watching them scatter all around the lawn.

Violet was keen for another year of quidditch, pending on whether or not she made the team again. She really wanted to make it, and even if she didn't, she would still practice in hopes that she could make it the following year. The girl had some free time before her pile of homework took over, and so she made her way towards the quidditch pitch to get a little more practice in. She also knew that practicing would get her mind off other things, including the stress that would inevitably come with the year ahead.

As Violet made her way through the great lawn, she raised an eyebrow as she heard someone sulking nearby. She looked around and noticed a familiar face sitting on a bench that overlooked the quidditch pitch. She had torn pieces of parchment on the grass around her, and Violet only just made out that she was mumbling something about quidditch. Violet couldn't say that she actually cared, but she did enjoy drama where possible. She approached the girl with a pretentious frown. "Are they not letting you play with them?" she asked, in her best attempt to appear empathetic.

Morrie looked up from the bench, her eyes narrowing as Violet approached. She could see straight through the feigned empathy in her tone and quite frankly Morrie did not want to talk to her. She scoffed then replied defensively with "Oh shut up Violet. Lennox was practically begging me to stay on the team after I saved them from coming bottom of the leaderboard last year, but I just don't want to. Quidditch is a stupid game." She flicked a piece of parchment off her lap, watching it flutter to the ground, then looked directly at Violet. "This year, I've got plans to focus on something where my efforts are actually valued."

Violet knew immediately that she had touched a soft spot and she had to refrain from smirking because she wanted to know more. She almost asked why Morrie thought quidditch was stupid, as Violet completely disagreed, until she mentioned that she had other plans. Intrigued, Violet stepped a little closer. The reason why Morrie wasn't allowed on the quidditch team now didn't matter. "What are your plans?" Violet asked, intrigued. She wondered if she could be involved. Violet had been wanting to formulate her own plans to have herself more seen and heard, but just hadn't thought of the perfect idea yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back