Nice to see you again!

Hiria HallButcher

OOC First Name
Anon
Wand
Bois d'Arc Wand 15 1/4" with Essence of Crystallized Dragon Fire
Hiria walked into the Hogwarts courtyard. It was a nice sunny day, and she was going to read one of her favourite Muggle books, "Three Wishes" by Isabelle Merlin. She also had some muggle chocolate her mum had sent her, which she would snack on as she read. She found a reasonably comfortable seat, away from the people playing Gobstones, since she didn't want to be splattered with "Gob".

Sapphire was behind her sketch book again. This time she was drawing quidditch players on their broomsticks playing a game. She was daydreaming of quidditch games while she drew this in unusual detail. Sapphire took out a set of oil pastels from her bag and started to smug the colors on her drawing. This one was going to be in pastels. She had done a water color earlier of the same game but a different time. The one in water colors was one of Slytherin being denied a goal, the one on her lap was one with Hufflepuff passing a quaffle. Sapphire heard the stone close tap with footsteps and started looked around the edge of her sketchbook. She tapped Hiria with her foot and waived hello. Half her smile could be seen because the other half was being covered by her sketchbook.

Hiria looked up from her book to see her friend Sapphire, who she'd met last year. Hiria waved Hello, and signed "Nice to see you again! Would you like some chocolate?" She pointed to the big bar of chocolate, which, luckily, she had not taken a bite of yet.

Sapphire shook her head. "Sweets have an unfavorable affect on me. I'm also allergic to cocoa." Sapphire signed back. Hiria was one person she had fallen out of touch with as the year before went on. Sapphire was happy to talk to her again even though what she had just told her was a lie. The reality was that chocolate was what Zeal had used to kill the puppy that Sapphire had brought home one day. It had gotten lost in the woods and Sapphire had assumed that it needed a place to stay. She had been foolish enough to think that the puppy would be safe inside Bella-Donna manor. At first Sapphire couldn't get it to calm down then it was dead. Zeal just laughed and laughed at what he had done. Since them Sapphire couldn't so much at look at sweets without thinking of Zeal's cruelty.

"Allergic to cocoa?" Hiria thought to herself. When Hiria looked at Sapphire, she could tell it maybe wasn't the truth, but Hiria decided not to ask her about it now if she wasn't ready to tell. Hiria tried to be considerate of other people's feelings. "That's perfecly alright. What are you drawing, Miss Artist?" She signed.

Sapphire was grateful that Hiria didn't make that big of a deal out of it. She didn't feel like explaining to anyone just why she didn't like certain things. Sapphire flipped the sketch pad over and showed Hiria the picture of the Quidditch game that had been playing in her mind. She looked around and thought for a moment. Do you think I'm a freak? Sapphire signed with a bit of a frown.

Hiria looked at the drawings. She loved them. they were way beyond anything she could do. "Wow! They're amazing!" Hiria signed. But Hiria was a bit worried when Sapphire signed "Do you think I'm a freak?" Hiria looked at her with a concerned face. "No! Of course not! Why would I think that?" She signed.

Sapphire shrugged. I had a run in with this boy and he called me a freak. Then again I shouldn't have drawn on his face. But he was ignoring me even though we where talking about his book. Sapphire signed then turned herself so that her legs where bent at the knee over the back of bench while her head was over where most people would sit. Sapphire felt like being upside down at the moment.

Hiria frowned. She hated it when people were mean to her friends. She signed to Sapphire "I hate it when people are mean to my friends! Do you know what house this boy was in? What did he look like?" And Hiria understood when Sapphire turned herself upside down. She understood when people liked to sit a certain way.

Sapphire shrugged again. I remember he was in a few classes we have together so I have reason to believe he was a Ravenclaw. You'd think he'd be smarter if he is. Sapphire sighed then Sapphire went back to her sketchbook. She flipped to another page then finished off one of the drawings that she had been working on not too long ago. Spider-Dork Sapphire signed as she showed Hiria the drawing she had made of the boy with many arms and big dorky glasses. Bigger and dorkyer than her's even.

"If I ever find out who this boy is, he's going to pay!" Hiria signed to Sapphire. Sapphire showed Hiria a drawing that she'd made of him. She signed it was "Spider Dork" Hiria laughed then signed "Nice one! I wish I could draw like you! And one of the reasons I hate it when people are mean to my friends is because by this one girl and her gang, I was bullied at my muggle primary school. She made several years of my life miserable, Her name was Zoe." Hiria frowned even just thinking about Zoe now.

But you got the magic. Sapphire signed with a smile. There was nothing that couldn't be done without magic even if it was in the figurative sense. And Zoe stayed a boring muggle. It's alright Hiria I doubt he will ever talk to me again. Sapphire added then again started thinking about something. Well a song she had heard not to long ago. It made her think of a circus act for some reason. She wished she could hum it but she could do something along the lines. She began tapping the beat to 'Fasten you seatbelts' by Pendulum. She could see Hiria being tormented by bullies in her other school but then again Sapphire had gone through so much worse and now there was really nothing to worry about.

"Also I heard you tried out for the Hufflepuff Quidditch Team?" Hiria signed.

Sapphire nodded. Hope I make it. I really want to play." Sappphire signed as she put away her sketch pad. When she got back to the room, her room mates where maybe going to get a little bit of Dresden Dolls before she started the homework that she should have been doing some time ago.

"And apparently you tried out for Keeper? That's quite a coincedence, I tried out for the Ravenclaw Quidditch Team! For Keeper, Beater And Seeker. I don't mind if I'm an Alternate, But the thing is, I'm also afraid of heights!" Hiria signed

Sapphire wrinkled her nose. Isn't it better to try out for one position and try out well instead of trying out for a whole bunch and tiring yourself out. Sapphire signed quickly. She was thinking about how she had tried her hardest at being Keeper and how she could never stretch herself so far as to try out for anything else. It would just take too much out of her.

"Well, If I had one position, it would definitely be Keeper, but recently I heard the co-captains discussing how they really needed another beater and desperately needed a Seeker, so I thought I would try to help them out. And I think I did reasonably well." Hiria signed.

Sapphire shrugged. 'If you can than go for it.' Sapphire signed thinking about how used up Hiria would feel if she had to play all three at once but then again Hiria could be super woman and no one at school would know about it. Sapphire put her hand to her mouth to signal that she was laughing.

Hiria laughed too and signed jokingly "I didn't mean all 3 at once!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back