Nice To See You Again!

Vanessa Parker

Vanessa walked to the meeting place. She had sent it to Veronica with a time and date, so they could meet up again. She looked around the crowd. It was hard to navigate her way through it. All the students were excited for Brightstone weekend, and were hurrying off in different directions, causing many collisions. Vanessa held two boxes in her hands. They contained the presents she had bought for her friend.

Box number one contained a Quidditch bracelet. Veronica had said she was seeker, and Vanessa thought it was perfect. On top of the bracelet there was a piece of paper. It said:
To Veronica said:
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Who's the most awesome?
It's obviously you!

Here's hoping you find
A lot of happiness,
And even though there are some below,
Good luck finding the Golden Snitch!

From Vanessa
In box number two, there was a hat. As she made her way towards the meeting spot, making slow but steady progress in the hustle and bustle, she wondered if Veronica would like the gifts. She hoped so. She made her way to the meeting spot and waited for a little while for Veronica to get there.

This was going to be Veronica's last trip to NewZealand before her holidays which was a month and half away. Her NEWTs were soon going to set in therefore she was going to use all her time in academics. She was glad that she was meeting her friend Vanessa Parker today in Brightstone village. She was dying to know if Vanessa would like the collection of items that she had got her from the Paris Fashion Week that she attended two weeks back. Veronica had bought many eye catching clothes from there for her wardrobe some funky, other classy and elegant because when it came to fashion Veronica lost control. For instance today she was dressed in pink wearing one of her new dress and accessories.

Owing to her short height she wouldn't normally have much vision over the heads of others but today she stood on a higher ground level than the rest of the village where she had just apparated. Apparation was becoming her favorite thing now that she had passed the exam. She spotted the familiar face of her friend and made her way towards her, apparating in front of her of course!

Veronica grinned widely at her friend and nodded her head. "I know!" she said excitedly as she hugged Vanessa. "Thanks" Veronica said as Vanessa showed her the boxes. "I hope you like this" she said as she handed Vanessa a big and classy plastic bag that had all the stuff which she had got her. "Life has been great recently" she said with a smile. "What about you?"she asked as she walked to the side of the road because chatting in middle of a crowded road wasn't the best idea.

Veronica smiled and accepted her gifts. She unwrapped them and a bigger smile crossed her face. They were amazing "Wow! These are so cool, thanks Vanessa" she told her friend. "True! Normal's good than some very big twists and turns" she agreed with Vanessa. Her fourth and fifth year had been a very big turning point in her life but now everything was going good and she hoped to keep it this way.

"You want to grab some butterbeer?"she asked her. Veronica was dying to have some because although they did sell butterbeer in Bulgaria it was no match for the ones they got in Three Broomsticks.

Vanessa felt as if a huge weight was lifted off her shoulders when Veronica said she liked the gifts. She wanted to laugh at herself for being so silly, Veronica wouldn't have been mean if she hadn't liked the gifts, but she stopped herself because that would seem odd. She looked around in the bag at what she had been given. She didn't want to take it out and then drop it or anything. "These are cool," she said. "Thanks."

Vanessa nodded. "Sure," she said. "Butterbeer always sounds nice." She started walking with her friend to the Three Broomsticks.

"You're welcome" she said with a smile as they headed to the Three Broomsticks. They got a table for two and she ordered some butterbeer for them. "Although we talk a lot through mail but I haven't really got a good chance to talk to you in person. Tell me about yourself. Your favourite colour, subject, your birthdate, food that you like" she asked Vanessa to share more about herself.

Vanessa took a seat at the table. "Oh right," she said. She paused to think for a moment. "Well, my favorite color is purple. I like most colors, though, but purple's my favorite. Followed closely by blue... you get the idea. My favorite subject is Care of Magical Creatures. I was really on the fence, it was both that and astronomy, but when I got to ride a hippogriff, I kind of decided. My birthday is November 6th. And I'm really not that picky about food. What about you?" She smiled.

Veronica gave Vanessa her butterbeer and heard Vanessa as she talked about her favorites. For one thing they were same,food. She took a sip of the drink and like every time she loved the warm sweet taste that left a good feeling in her throat. "My favorite color is black, I love black and shocking pink" she told Vanessa remembering how many of her clothes were pink and black. "For my subjects, I fancy Potions and Herbology. I am born on 1st of September 2010 and even I am not too picky about food."

"I always fell asleep in Astronomy, totally not my thing to analyze the stars although I would like just looking at them" she said with a chuckle. "But Zodiac signs are somewhat interesting because we had a muggle witch back in the muggle village where I grew up, she did fake witchcraft but she did give me some knowledge on star signs and horoscopes" Veronica told her friend. "And my hobbies are swimming, photography and reading. What about you?" Veronica was rather enjoying her conversation with Vanessa. Talking through owls was a different concept and this was totally different and more fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back