NewsFlash Mom!

Derrik Agile

OOC First Name
Luis
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn

Derrik figured that he needed to talk to his mom. After all the time that they have been here at Hogwarts, not once has Derrik has the time to visit her. He has been caught up in a lot of things. Finally when everything settled down Derrik had the chance.

He walked into the hospital wing searching for his mom's office. He knocked on the door as he walked on in.

Joan was in her office reading one of her books. Just as she got to a really good part a knock came from the door. As she looked up, it was her son.

"Oh hey Derrik. What are you up to? You never come to see me during school." Joan was quite shocked. She figured that since he was in school, Derrik didn't have any time for family.

Derrik smiled.
"I came to see you of course. I do remember what you told me yesterday." Remembering about that day was good enough. No need to get into great detail about that day. Besides that, who knew what his mother wanted to talk to him about. Sure she had seen Derrik walk into the wing with other people which was good. But still worrying about what happened or how things occurred was the scary part.

"Oh crud that's right." Joan wanted to know what was going on yesterday. The whole commotion was quite confusing. Plus wanting to talk yesterday was quite bad.

"That's right and thank you for reminding me. If it wasn't for that, I would've forgotten about it." Joan was at a lost for words. She wanted to "beat around the bush" as the muggles say but maybe getting right to the point would be better than nitpicking things.

Joan took a deep breath before speaking. "Derrik...be honest with me here. What happened yesterday? I was so lost after I took care of Tala."

Derrik almost feel when his mother mentioned about yesterday. He didn't want to talk about it but there was no way that he could disrespect his mother. He walked toward the desk and took a seat.

"Honestly Mom, I have almost no clue. I was walking around the school when I heard people arguing. I wasn't being nosy but I wanted to make sure that everything was okay. As I got closer I realized who both of the boys where. When I walked into the argument, I saw Brodie and Tala. Tala was bleeding from his hand that you tended to. What they were fighting about I'm not too sure. But if I'm right...they were fighting over....me."

Derrik gave his mom a ton load to listen to and ponder. Let's just hope that she didn't have so many questions to ask him.

So many thoughts were going through Joan's head. "What could he mean by..fighting over him?"
"Well you're lucky that the snake bite wasn't poison. But what do you mean by fighting over you?" Joan had the thought that maybe her son was having some boy trouble but it was nothing to worry about. That's what friends do. If only she knew the big picture of all this.

Derrik had to tell her sooner or later.
"Mom...for the longest time I've always been around Tala if you haven't noticed. And well...I consider him more than a best friend you know? Probably ever since I met him I knew something was going to happen between us. There is no way I can make this short..." Derrik took some time to over look things and take some breaths. This was going to be really hard to explain.

"Well...after I met Tala we got really close as friends. But after a while I didn't see him. When he came back to the school he told me that he had left because his grandmother had died. But while he was gone, I ran into this other kid..Brodie. He had his own problems and I tried to help him. One night, he got on my nerves and I tried to help him before he tried to drown himself. But something came over me and...I kissed him." Derrik was getting a little emotional. He knew that all this was behind him but talking about it was still painful.

Joan was more interested in this. "What do you mean you kissed him? What about Tala?" Joan had a feeling that those words were coming soon. She just wanted to prolong them and know more about what happened to her son.

"Brodie was just really getting on my nerves because he couldn't see that I was trying to help him and be a friend. And I only kissed him to shut him up. But it got worse. Tala found out and everything went down hill from there. I wasn't sure if Tala would even want to be with me anymore. But we came down to agreements and became friends again. After that...what happened yesterday...and here I am. Now I'm his boyfriend."

"Sh!t! Did I just say that? I'm done for." Derrik let out the one thing he didn't want his mom to know just yet.

Joan was kinda of stunned. Then again, after what she saw from yesterday and them two laying on one bed, she knew that something was up. She saw the look on Derrik's face. She knew that he didn't mean to let that slip.

"Derrik don't worry. I knew that something was up anyway. Don't be mad at me but I was kind of spying on you when I left you and Tala alone. I just wanted to make sure that Tala was okay and the same goes for you. I thought you were going to have a mental break down. But I saw how you guys acted together and I figured it out." Joan got up and hugged her son.

"I'm going to be worried about you though. I don't know how the wizardry world takes on gay wizards. But I'm sure you'll be fine." she said as she ruffled his hair.

Derrik felt a sigh of relief. His mom was okay with it. But it was okay for her to be worried about him.
"I'll be fine mom." he said as they hugged.
Derrik let go of his mom. "I'm going to get going. I just had to tell you. And I feel better now. But if its okay, I'm going off now. I've got exams to study for." Derrik hugged his mom one last time.

"I'll cya later mommy." he said with a smile.

Joan felt better that she had heard this from her son and no one else. Plus she didn't have to worry much about Derrik considering that he said that he would be fine. Derrik hugged her and Joan almost cried. He hadn't called her mommy in so long. She knew that this was his way of saying, I love you mom. She let him go and he walked out. Joan sat back in her chair and just smiled.

As Derrik walked out she said to herself., "Love you too Derrykins."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back