News That Shouldn't Be Heard

Toni Addison

Wand
Rowan Wand 15" Essence of Fang of Basilisk
Toni had gotten a letter from Beau to met him at the lakefront. Of coarse she got ready in a rush making sure she looked absolutely perfect. Sure Beau and Toni spent loads of time together and Toni could really not spend enough time with him. Truth betold she had fallen so hard it wasn't even believable anymore. Never had Toni realized how much she really loved to spend time with him.

Looking in the mirror once more, Toni decided that her light pink dress with a black belt around the middle looked perfect. Brushing through her hair once more, Toni walked out of the Slytherin common room and towards the lakefront.

As she reached outside, Toni realized that she was the first to arrive. Standing in front of the lake she looked out at the water. It was right after dinner time so not yet dark but still not early enough to stay out so late. Toni almost wondered why Beau hadn't contacted her earlier so they could spend the whole day together.

Beau had been agonising all day about how to tell Toni the news, how could he walk up to her nad say he was leaving? It wasnt possible. He had finally managed to pluck up the corage to send her a letter and he was now walking to the lakefront, it was their place. Where it had finally been made offical.
His feet dragged on the floor, each footstep was heavy his usual confident swagger was gone and his eyes had a tortured expression. The only thing the same about him was his effortless style, his presence was there but his shoulders were hunched.
"Beautiful," he sighed as he reached Toni, he gripped her into a vice like hug, not letting go his arms had urgency in them like he could never let go and for once he was speechless.

Toni was looking over the water that seemed so still. Thank goodness too. The worst thing that could happen was a mermaid coming out and pulling her in once more. Getting embarassed in front of Beau would be so horrible. Running her fingers through her wavy blonde hair she waited.

Only a few minutes she had to wait until she felt Beau's arms around her. "Hey" She said with a smile now appearing on her face. "I haven't seen you all day. Avoiding me?" She teased. Why on earth would he avoid her. Bringing her arms around him in a hug she didn't want to let go at first. Slowly she released him seeing that he had not let go. Something didn't exactly feel right, but Toni pushed that aside for now.

"So what's up?" She asked her tone still bright. Rarely was it anything but when she was in his presence.

Beau looked at Toni, "No course not," he siad gently, his eyes scanned her face. He was desperate now. Desperate to remember every feature on her face, her smell, her voice her laugh. Everything about her he had to remember in this last few minutes.
"I have bad news," he said scowling as his deep voice escaped gently from his mouth.
"I'm..." he stopped the words were hard to say, he put his arm around ehr and kissed her cheek, "Lets walk," he said gently, he had to enjoy these last moments with her, his feet floated along the ground barely touching it as a strange nervous air bounched off of him.

Toni smiled pushing a stray piece of blonde hair out of her face and behind one ear. They had just missed each other today, Toni wasn't going to let that happen tomorrow. Maybe Sam was right. Maybe Toni was spending way too much time with Beau. Yet as Toni stood here at one of her newly named favorite spots, Toni couldn't imagine how she could spend any less time with him.

Looking into his eyes, she was amazed almost in a trance whic always seemed to happen. But the words that came out of his mouth were one of the dreaded statements that all girl's dread to hear. The other statement was 'we need to talk'.

"Bad news?" Toni repeated the smle faded from her face slightly. The words didn't come out of his mouth, no bad news as of now. "ok yeah let's walk" Toni said a little uncertain as of now. Is he breaking up with me? What did I do? Toni wondered her fears surfacing for only a moment. But once his arm as around her, she felt better almost safer.

Walking next to him, she felt like nothing bad would ever happen but the looming fear of what the bad news really was. Toni didn't know if she could handle a break up, not with Beau.

Beau nodded, hie feet felt heavy and he could hear his breathing pick up a bit, "We need to talk," he said, cringing at the words. He couldn't really bring himself to say anything though.
His eyes wandered over the lake at the dusky scene, he felt a painful silence grip him and he stopped walking and looked at Toni, he sighed audiably and stroked her hair. "You know how much I like you and this is why its so hard," he said shaking his head, he kissed her now, passionatly and urgently. He had no desire to ever stop but he finally managed to pull himself away.
He lent his forehead against hers, "I'm leaving,"

Toni still didn't know what this was all about. Really she was dreading when Beau would speak next. We need to talk The words stung as Beau spoke them. Over and over those words swirled in her mind, the pain increasing each time she thought about them. He is breaking up with me Toni thought sadly letting her head drop slightly.

As the walk stopped, Toni wasn't sure that she could get up the nerve to face him. Why was he breaking up with her? It didn't make sense. Finally letting out a small sigh, Toni looked up meeting his eyes. The words he spoke were more confusing. He liked her so much, then why was he breaking up with her.

Her thoughts swirled out of control with confusion as he leaned in and kissed her. Tempted to pull away, but unable to. She just didn't want to but why would he kiss her right before the break up. Maybe I am reading things wrong Toni thought leaning her forhead against his and closing her eyes.

Only did she close her eyes when he mentioned that he was leaving. Opening up her eyes fast and pulling away slightly the look of confusion filled her eyes. "Leaving? What do you mean leaving?" she asked.

Beau nodded, pain streaked through his eyes, "Tonight," he whispered. He was finding it hard to stay strong now, as he stood here looking at Toni she was perfect and he knew he was going to hurt her. The one thing he swore he was never going to do, and here he was about to walk away even though every sense in his body was telling him to stay right here.

Toni wanted an explaination, something to tell her why this was happening. Wanting Beau to just start laughing telling her this was some kind of twisted joke. Leaving the words repeated in her mind. Tonight The second word hurt so much. Toni took a step back losing all contact with Beau as she crossed her arms acrossed her chest looking down at the ground now unable to even make eye contact. Every breath seemed to get harder and harder as if she was losing the oxygen that she needed to live. Really it was close enough, Beau was leaving her, leaving the school, tonight.

"No" She said finally looking up at him her voice whispering the words unable to get her volume any louder. "No you..you ca...you..." She stopped speaking as her words were starting to stutter. Keep you composure She thought but that simple statement was harder than it sounded. This now twelve year old girl's eyes were starting to mist up, something that they never did. Toni hadn't cried in the longest time. She didn't cry when Sam and her finally broke up and really she hadn't even cried when her rabbit had died. Yet now with this news that was almost too hard to comprehend, her eyes were misting up.

"You can't leave." She finally managed, her eyes keeping contact though she wouldn't dare step any closer to him, Toni didnt' know if she could bring herself any closer. She had opened up, gotten close to him and now he was leaving. It all didn't make sense, it all hurt to much to even imagine. "You'll be back" Toni said more to herself barely audible in sound "You have to be back. You just can't leave" She said her head starting to spin. Though no matter what Toni wasn't going to sit down. She wasn't going to completely break down and cry, she wasn't going to be the weak one.

Beau felt something stab inside him as she moved away from him, there wasnt time for this. He had to be as close to her as possible, he was leaving soon he had a mere few hours left and she was backing away from him. That wasnt right.
Beau watched, pained as he saw her eyes mist up he had never seen her cry. He had swore that anyone who ever made Toni cry would recieve a hard beating from him and here he was making her eyes mist, as if she was going to cry. "I dont want to go," he stammered, his voice soundin deeper now as he cleared it.
"I dont want to go," he repeated feebily, "I wont be back," he had to whisper the words for they hurt to much, "I'm going to Durmstrang," he said quietly, the space was uncoomfortable now. In one small stride he was next to her, hugging her into his chest "I love you," he whispered the words for the first time.

Toni wrapped her arms tighter around her as if she was physically trying to hold herself together, if that would even help her from breaking down completely and end up crying in Beau's arms. No be strong Toni thought forcefully not breaking the eye contact that she loved and feared that after tonight she would never have again, never would she be able to look into his amazing eyes. "Never" She said so quietly that she doubted Beau could even hear her.

"Durmstrang" Toni repeated as Beau finally mentioned where he would be going. Her voice was soft. Though as he moved closer to her, Toni rested her own head on him. The words that he said next made this so much harder. Could Toni repeat that saying? Could she really tell him that she loved him now that he was leaving her to go to Durmstrang?

"Please don't go" She whispered a single tear falling from her eye. "I don't know what I'm going to do if you" She broke off unable to say the words left me. No matter what Toni said she knew deep down that Beau was leaving. She had no say in the matter. Did he? "I lo" She paused once more looking up at him the realization that he was actually going hitting her hard. The air feeling as if it was knocked out of her. "I love you too" She said the words sounding strange as they left her mouth. Leaning once more on him, Toni wondered why time couldn't just freeze right here, stop Beau from leaving and keep them together on this spot.

For an twelve year old this would probably seem way too much to handle and as Toni stood there unsure of what to say, what to do, or even how to react her only thoughts told her that this situation was way over her head and so much out of her control

Beau nodded gravely as she said Durmstrang, "There moving all my brothers too," he said, though he didnt really care he felt like he had to keep talking just to keep strong.
"I dont want to. I have to," he said quietly, kissing the top of her head. "What do you mean you dont know what you'll do? You'll be fine," he said firmly, "Why wouldn't you know what to do?" he said, laughing though he felt like he was going to break down.
His mouth spread into a smile as she said she loved him too, he stroked her hair soothinly. "You know I'm not sure you know how much im going to miss you," he said gently. He wasn't sure how he was going to manage to drag himself away from her tonight, he had his bags packed already all he had to do was leave. He was meeting his family soon, too soon.
"Here," he said, pulling off the bracelet he had around his wrist which had his name and D.O.B inscribed on it. He put it around her wrist, "So you never forget," he whispered in her ear gently. He began walking slowly, but steadily he felt like he had to keep moving. He turned his back to the castle, each footstep was heavy and messy. He looked at Toni's face, trying to remember every detail to utter perfection.

The thought that she would never see Beau again kept running through Toni's head so fast that soon that was all she could think about. After everything that she had been through this year, all that dreaded drama, the rivialry with Hoshi, nothing compared to this. Nothing even came close to this.

Toni couldn't move her gaze up to his once more. Closing her eyes she felt that was the only way she was going to keep herself together. How was he so sure she would be alright after he left? Toni knew she wouldn't be able to keep up this act, this strong act, much longer. When he finally left, she might lose it all together and there she would be with no one to turn to.

Really Toni just wanted to keep him from going any way she could even go with him. She would survive at Durmstrang, but that wasn't an option. Neither was an option. He was leaving and she was staying. The simple fact hurt more than anyone could imagine. Now Toni finally understood how Sam felt when Jenna left, though Toni couldn't imagine that Sam felt as bad as she did now.

Looking down at the bracelet that he had placed around her wrist, Toni couldn't help but imagine never taking it off. "I couldn't forget you if I tried. Just don't forget me okay?" Toni said looking up at him hoping that truly he wouldn't just forget her and move onto someone else as fast as she feared he would.

As Beau began to walk towards the castle, Toni just watched as he walked away. She couldn't do anything to stop him and she sure wasn't going to make this any more difficult. Not that she didn't want to just chase after him run right into his arms once more. That was a very strong thought and want in Toni's mind but she knew it wouldn't make anything easier.

The word goodbye hung on her lips but she couldn't manage to even say it. Soon he would be gone into the castle then gone forever. Even so, Toni couldn't manage to say goodbye. As of now she doubted she could manage to even stay on her feet for much longer.

Beau chuckled, "I will never ever forget you, Toni Addison." he murmed, he said her name with such love that he wasnt sure how he was ever going to leave her.
"Come on then," he called as she meerly watched him walk into the castle, "Your not just going to leave me are you?" he asked, his face falling into a deep frown. Though his frown was more fear, fear that she would forget him in a second and run back to Sam. He couldn't blame her if she did, afterall he couldnt expect to have her to himself when he was a million miles away. But the thought of anyone else with her burned inside him furiously, the thought of someone else kissing her, holding her hand made him want to punch something. But he was leaving, and he knew sooner or later that she would start dating someone again. "You know this has to be the end," he whispered, his voice horse and gruff he hated saying the words. But he had to let her know she was free to do what she wanted, he couldnt stop her from enjoying herself. He knew there was going to be someone out there who could love her like he loved her, she was amazing. Who wouldnt love her? These thoughts stung his mind, he was taking a mental battering and looking at her was painful now. All he could see was another boy with his arm around her, someone else making her smile and laugh. And it hurt.

Toni for a moment really believed that Beau would never forget her. Though this didn't mean that he wouldn't move on when he left. Another school full of girls that were probably available. Of coarse Beau was going to find someone else. Was it selfish that Toni still wanted the best part of his heart? That she still wanted to be a big part of his life? Maybe it was more that she knew he wouldn't ever truly leave the spot within her, she just wanted it to be the same with him.

Her almost sad face moved into a smile when Beau called her over. At least she got to be with him for a short while as they walked to the castle. Not that Toni thought her legs could really move at this moment. She couldn't help but notice them shake slightly as she tried to take a step. Taking a deep breathe, Toni began to walk closer to Beau until she finally reached him.

The words he spoke did hurt more than she had expected. You know this has to be the end The words swirled in her mind. Of coarse this young slytherin knew that this had to be the end. He was leaving she was staying, case closed. "I know" she said her voice no more than a whisper. It is the end Toni thought thinking that she could barely think about what she was going to do when Beau left. For now she was being strong, well relatively strong. When he was out of sight, Toni didn't know how much longer she was going to be able to hold out.

Toni looked out towards the castle glancing over at Beau for a moment. How could he just leave her. In a way Toni was so upset, so sad, but as well so very angry. So many emotions were building up for this twelve year old who didn't know how much longer she could hold them in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back