News Confirmed

Thorine Dolohov

OOC First Name
linda
Wand
the dead don't need wands
Thorine wanted to scream, to punch something anything. Part of her was excited by the news but another part of her knew it would mess up everything at Carrow Hall. How was she to explain a pregnancy to Tristan when she had not been able to bear him touching her for the longest time now. She couldn't very well pass it off as his now could she? The thought of entering his mind had occured to her a few times too but she simply didn't want to go in there where thoughts of the muggle woman still lay beneath the surface.
The crone of a midwife had just left being handsomely paid to keep her trap shut or she would find herself in the morgue at St. Mungos fast enough. Thorine held her stomach, inside her a little baby was growing, the midwife had estimated for July of 2023. Christian would have a brother or sister. As she wandered down the gallery of family portraits she smiled up at her grandfather.

"What are you up to now Thorine?"

"How well did you like the Zhefarovich brothers?" she kept her hands on her flat stomach before looking from it to the portrait. Other family members turned now and began talking animatedly. They knew the family alright, a long excellent line until recent years when it had become tainted.

"Why do you ask?" Antonin Dolohov stared down through his grim dark eyes at the grand-daughter he had left behind. She had done him and his family proud a hundred times over, he could not have asked for a better heir and the fact that she had a pureblood son without the trappings of the father around. At least he hadn't been around. He was not allowed to enter the gallery, none of the Dolohov or Carrow portraits wanted to see the man who had disgraced his family a thousand times over. The Drages had been a proud and respected family once before, this Tristan was a one man demolition squad intent on destroying the pureblood line. At least Thorine had restored some semblence of hope in his family. Antonin had countlessly told her to contact Valcan with the news and to introduce him to his grandson. She always pushed it aside, saying when the time was right.
"Thorine, I asked you a question".

She turned around and walked to the marble bench that stood just before the long window on the opposite side of the portraits.
"What if I were to tell you that another pureblood baby would walk this hall before you" she let her words register as her ancestors talked animately. They did not care too much about marriage or hand binding in her family so she knew they would not care that the children she conceived had been so far illegitimate in the eyes of the law. To her and her clan this was simply a nuisance that had been gleaned from the muggles. Only in special circumstances did anyone ever actually marry in her family.
"I have just discovered that I am carrying Arnost's baby".

Goia shuffled into the gallery to clean the portraits. there was never any dust really he just simply wanted to see his old master. He spent most of his time in here with Christian introducing him to everyone of his family and letting them teach him things from such an early age. By the time he would attend magic school the boy would be a force to be reckoned with. Even his mother did not know of the private tutelage that occurred in this room everyday. Christian was nearly two years old and could speak better than most children his age, he knew the names of every person in the large ancient portraits before him and quite simply adored the portrait of his grandfather. The two had become very close indeed.

When he heard his mistress say she was carrying Arnost Zhefarovich's baby Goia nearly fell over in a dead faint. She was quite simply brilliant, it was as if she were attempting to repopulate the pureblood race all by herself. With some help from the males of course. He waddled over to her on his ancient legs.
"Miss that is wonderful news. I shall make up the potions that you had while carrying Christian" he bowed to her before turning to bow to Antonin Dolohov.
"Master".

Thorine turned at the sound of her elf's entrance and smiled as he bowed to her before doing so to her grandfather. She was now the head of the family, portrait of the old Patriarch hanging proudly before them or not. She stood once more and looked out over the landscaped gardens that were visible the window. She had indeed done well for herself, the coffers of the Dolohov and Carrow estates had taken her sometime to replenish once the ministry had released much of it to her. Of course her powers had been most useful in this regard. Not everyone got impounded artifacts and family wealth back once the ministry took it in compensation for the crimes of the family against the 'innocent'.

Her blonde hair was piled in a neat chignon and she wore a very becoming silver satin gown that their very distant relation had created for her.
"Where is Tristan and Christian?" she asked him walking gracefully further down the gallery floor.

"In the West Wing Ma'am. They are playing" Goia told her bowing once more, this was great news indeed this pregnancy. Perhaps she would set the Drage man free soon enough and they would not have to go to such desperate lengths. So far each morning he had brought him his juice with nothing other than juice in the glass. The potioned drink tipped into the sink before he ever left the kitchen. Thorine his wonderful mistress did not suspect a thing and Goia had been most careful to disguise the bruises and cuts that he had rendered upon his frail frame for deceiving her so.

She turned once more to face him and her grandparents.
"I will write to Valcan this very day to let him know of his grandson, though I believe he should already be aware of him but you are right Grandfather, the man needs to meet Christian" she removed both wands from their place at her sides and twirling them with an almost wicked smirk on her face continued walking up and down the gallery promenade.
"I will arrange myself to meet Arnost. I will not make the same mistake as I did with Tristan".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back