New York Fashion Week

Veronica White

OOC First Name
Hamza
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
It was September, two months after Veronica's graduation and she had done little progress in finding her future life. Well, little according to her own view. All her friends were very excited of the prospect that she had made it on to the Bulgarian Qudditch team Vrasta Vultures as a seeker and to tell the truth, Veronica too had been happy about that one. However she had not got a real job yet. She was starting to fear that her dream to become a shopkeeper for the Vibez store was just going to remain a dream because Makutu Mall was so famous and there were many others who had better chances at getting the store than her, it was sad to think about some old fat bloke running a fashion store but as of today's state that was very likely to happen.

She decided to take a break from her worries when one of her witch fan in America sent her two passes to one of the muggle fashion week that was being held in New York. She remembered of a promise that she had made to Kenneth before their graduation about taking him to a fashion show. It had been two months since she had last seen him and she missed him dearly because he was a great friend. She immediately owled him asking for his company to New York for two days which was to be weekend because Veronica was usually busy on weekdays. She even added as a Post Script instructing him to wear the best clothes he had and to not try setting trends because knowing him Veronica was sure he could turn up wearing the weirdest clothes.

It was Friday night, fifteen minutes to eight when Veronica apparated at her witch fan's fireplace and thanked her for the passes. Telling her she would meet her later, Veronica headed for the park where she had asked Kenneth to meet her. Directly opposite the Park was the big hall where the fashion show was going to be held tonight.Dressed in some very fine clothes that she could only afford because she was playing Internation Qudditch she looked around to see if she could spot Kenneth.

Kenny couldn't believe how fast time was passing. He'd graduated with great grades, opened a pub - which was doing very well, employed a few people as workers and made a load of new friends and it had only been two months since he graduated. It was a great feeling and Kenny was glad to be moving forward with his life, even if it wasn't the way his parents wanted. Kenny had never been much of an alcoholic at all but he loved the atmosphere in the pub. Everyone always seemed to be out having fun with mates. Of course, there was the depressant every now and then who seemed to be trying to drink their life away but Kenny liked being able to help people.

Kenny was ecstatic when he got the owl from Veronica. He hadn't seen her since they graduated and now she was taking him to a fashion show in New York. He had to laugh at it when she said she shouldn't try setting any trends. She knew him too well. He started searching through his wardrobe to see what was in there that wouldn't be thought of as odd or weird. He wasn't very successful. Kenny loved fashion but he usually tried setting his own trends rather than following others. He made one of his employees in charge of the pub while he was away then packed a few bits and bobs into a small shoulder bag ready to leave.

Kenny apparated to the arranged park in the most un-weird clothes he could find and looked around. He'd never been to New York before but the place was amazing. Must have cost the state loads to get everything built. Then he saw Veronica arrive. "Wow. Someone looks amazing." He grinned as he went over to her and gave her a huge hug. It had been ages since he had seen her and she had barely changed but it felt like forever.

Veronica waited in the park getting jumpy by the second, she didn't want to miss the start of the Program and if Kenneth didn't turn up soon that was what she was going to go through. After a few minutes she heard a faint pop behind her somewhere. She widened her eyes trying to spot him in the dark. She grinned as she saw his outline and then stepped out the Kenneth in some very usual clothes which looked very unusual for him. She chuckled at the thought and grinned as he complimented her. "Thanks, Ken. You yourself look quite out of the ordinary"she told him with a wink.

She felt a warm feeling inside her when he hugged her which had nothing to do with him being of the opposite gender. No, she had always been friends with him and it was going to stay that way but she had missed him and having him here with her was in itself was the very thing that made her glow. "I missed you" she said with a smile as she kissed his cheek. She held his arm and pointed out the hall with her other hand grinning as she did so.

"I keep my promises" she said with a smile as she led him across the park and to the main entrance of the hall which was sweeping with known people of the muggle world and security guards. They stood in the small queue for a minute before she showed their passes and one of the men took them to their seats which were in the second row from where the view of the stage was very clear. "So what have you been up to, Mr. Vallender?"she asked him wondering what Ken had been doing in the past two months.

Kenny grinned when Veronica had said he looked out of the ordinary. Out of the ordinary was how he normally dressed. These clothes were very normal compared to what he usually wore. He guessed that was why they seemed out of the ordinary. He liked being able to express himself through his clothes and these rags didn't do that but he was fine with wearing them for the few hours the show was on. It wasn't like anyone was going to be paying much attention to his clothes when they were at a fashion show.

Kenny felt weird having a girl kiss him. He'd only ever had one girl kiss him and that hadn't turned out well. Veronica was his best friend though. He didn't care much what she did to him because he trusted her so much. He wasn't exactly going to freak out because she gave him one friendly kiss on the cheek. "I missed you too. It feels like it's been forever since I last saw you." Kenny wrapped his arms back around her and squeezed tight.

Ken's eyes followed where her finger was pointing and he saw a big fancy hall which was obviously high budget. "I'm so glad you do. You're an amazing and I love you so much right now." He only meant as friends obviously. Veronica was definitely amazing but he was gay and there was nothing on earth that would make him go against that. "Nothing much. Bought a pub in London and now I run that. One of my employees is in charge for tonight." Kenny felt kinda special being able to call someone twice his age an employee. "What about you??"

Veronica grinned as Ken said he had missed her too. She was glad that she was sort of able to keep in touch with her friends because they were all she had, she never had any siblings, cousins or family and if she lost her friends too because of the distances then she would be a total loner. "I know I know" she said smiling as he said she was amazing. No matter what others said, Veronica didn't judge people because one of their choices was out of the ordinary, she saw people as whole and those who were her friends were usually the good lot. She too had a stupid background and weird habits but like they accepted her, she liked them too.

On both their sides the seats were filling up as the audience settled down. She noticed that most of the women were wearing the latest fashion and designer wear even though they were not going to walk the ramp. Veronica was glad she had worn something nice and hadn't run here in her track suit from Qudditch practice. "Wow!" she said looking at Ken when he said he bought a pub and had employees. "That's cool! Did you move out of your parent's house?"she asked him wondering what was the situation with his parents because as he had told her previously they did not accept the fact that Kenneth was gay and considered him childish for his behavior.

"I'm trying to get the ownership of a fashion store in New Zealand and last month I also got into the Vrasta Vultures, I'm their new seeker" she said with a huge grin. It had been Kenneth who had told him that she should try to join the International Qudditch team of Bulgaria and she was glad that he had pushed her to do so. She was very proud to have her spot in the team. "If I don't get my fashion store, I'm coming to be your partner in running the pub and we'll add a restaurant area too, I don't want you starving people when they feel hungry after they've drunk" she said with a smile. The lights dimmed, Veronica's head turned towards the stage in excitement.

Kenny laughed slightly at what she said. "So I should. Who'd want to be away from that beautiful face." He put his hand on the top of her head and ruffled her hair slightly. He had never done anything to his hair. It still looked the same as it did everyday. There wasn't much else he could do to it. He liked it like this anyway.

Kenny smiled when he saw all the people sitting down. He was probably one of the only males here. He loved having so much female company. And they were females with the same interests as him as well. He wondered whether any of them were interested in meeting a handsome guy like him. "Yeah, I live above the pub. It's basically a house where the ground floor's been changed into a pub." Kenny felt at home at his house. He was able to do what he wanted when he wanted to as long as he was at the pub whenever he was needed. He no longer had his parents criticising his every mood and calling him childish whenever he even mentioned anything about being gay. It was a great feeling to finally have that freedom. "You should come over sometime and visit. Have a few drinks on the house."

Kenny's eyebrows shot up. "Wow. That's amazing. Well done." He grinned. "Must be great to feel you're finally getting somewhere in your life." That was certainly the feeling Ken had. He gave a cheeky wink. "I have a famous friend." He seemed to have a great way of turning a congratulations into a bit of a joke but people were used to him behaving like that. "There's a kitchen downstairs already if that helps??" Kenny had been selling small food like crisps and muffins but he was no cook and he couldn't be bothered with the hassle of getting things like health and safety sorted.

Veronica pushed him as he ruffled her hair. On any other occasion she would have allowed it but not here. "Ken!"she complained as she waved her wand and put her hair back to the way she wanted them, not a strand out of place. Even though she was no match for the zero figure models who were tall like giraffes but she still wanted to look her best. Her short height had ruined her idea as a child of becoming an actress, even though now she laughed at it, she thought she could have been able to be one had she been a little taller.

A muggle style icon came on stage wearing the best clothes ever and had midnight black long hair that were shining like her face and welcomed them. Informing them the brands that were participating and the designers who had designed the clothes she informed them about the sponsors and added that the show would begin momentarily. "That's cool. I'll surely come and get some drinks, nothing good like some free alcohol" she said pulling out her tongue at him.

She smiled pleased as Ken congratulated her. "I'm not that famous yet, some people reckon that the previous seeker should still have been on the team. It will take a few games to have their trust" she said on a serious note. "Sure. If I move into the kitchen you'll soon have to plan on expanding your pub come restaurant" she told him as the music began and spotlight shone onto the center stage.

Kenny grinned cheekily at Veronica as she complained at him. He looked around all the people in the room and noticed how they were all dressing very similarly. They were all wearing very nice dresses with expensive shoes and jewelery. That was the fashion though and he thought they all looked great. He could happily sit here all day and watch them all, even if they weren't the models.

He looked over the catwalk when he heard someone make an announcement and then started watching the models come on the stage. He felt so glad to be at his first ever fashion show and with Veronica as well. "Free alcohol is the best type. It's free fun." He grinned jokily as he kept his eyes on the models walking up and down. "You may not be famous yet but you will be. And ignore them. Just practice and when you get better they'll trust you. They'll realise how amazing you are at being seeker and then they'll realise they were wrong to judge you." He shrugged slightly.

Kenny nodded at her. "There's already enough room for it to be a restaurant but it would be great to be able to expand. I'm getting loads of business at the moment and on a good night the place ends up being packed full." Kenny loved the place being packed but it made a lot of work for him and his employees. It was hard but they all work as a great team and Kenny had managed to form a bond with all of them which made them more friends than employer and employees.

Kenny looked from the models on the catwalk to Veronica. "You know, you'd look great as a model. You've got the right figure for it and you're more beautiful than any of that lot. Why don't you give it a go??" Kenny never thought of models as good looking. Most of them only had the body. It was people on the streets that had the faces. Veronica had both and she had the knowledge. She was perfect for modelling and yet she showed no interest in pursuing it.

Veronica looked at the center back stage where the models entered and started doing their cat walk. The clothes which they wore were to die for, she grinned as she spotted one of the models wearing a similar navy dress she had in her wardrobe. As they walked the ramp, with hands on their waist and took turns on coming to the front center stage and show off their clothes Veronica watched with interest.

She heard Kenneth's talk as he told her that she just had to practice and soon everyone would have faith in her seeker skills. He was really being a great friend boosting her up this way, she was glad that she was friends with him. "Thanks Ken, all this motivation means a lot" she said with a true big smile on her face. The track changed and now male models entered the stage. Veronica's eyes moved to them watching each face, body and their clothes. What would she not give to have a boyfriend as handsome as these models?

She listened to Kenneth as he explained about his place. She had experience with a pub come restaurant because her father had run one back in the Rila mountains and she had spent ten years there and later on eight holidays. She knew how much fun a place like that could become when the right sort of crowd had a little alcohol. She watched one of the male models as he walked up front in a blue denim jeans and white cotton shirt which had blue hand embroidery on it. The dimples on the models face as he smiled at them were gorgeous some girls in the back row whistled and Veronica too cheered on him.

Veronica laughed as Kenneth suggested that she would look great as a model. It was something she had once wished to be and when she had asked one of the men back in Bulgaria who was associated in the modeling industry when she was fourteen if she could be a model he had taken her top off. "Its not only looks and figure Ken, I've got pixie height. Even with the highest heels I am clearly short, it doesn't work in modeling" she told him. She looked at the stage where a few mole males were walking. "Do you think the one in pink is gay?"she asked him with a grin.

Kenny couldn't peal his eyes away from the clothes the girls were wearing. They were amazing. In a way, he kind of wished he could wear them but (even though he dressed very weirdly) wearing a dress would be called "going too far" and he doubted it would go down well in the pub. For now, he was fine with his skinny jeans and check tops. Even if most others weren't.

Kenny grinned in reply to Veronica's thanks. He was about to reply when he saw the male models walk onto the catwalk. "Hello smexy. Do you happen to swing my way??" He knew the model couldn't hear him but he liked saying his thought out loud, no matter how inappropriate they were. Plus, these guys were amazingly gorgeous. Having one of them on each arm would be like a dream to Kenny. He couldn't see it happening in real life though. Most guys just rejected him. "This place is like a dream come true. I could happily live here. It has two of my loves; fashion and fit guys. Kenny watched one of the models smile at them and pointed at him. "Especially that one. I mean, look at that arse." Kenny grinned cheekily at Veronica as his eyes flicked between her and the model.

Kenny shrugged at what she said "So do photo shoots. No one can see how tall you are in a photo and it pays more than catwalks." Kenny always saw catwalks as what a model did when they weren't good enough for magazines. Magazines go all around the world where as catwalks only go where the models and designers tour.

Ken looked up at the model in pink and waited for the guy to look at him before winking. The guy quickly looked away so Kenny turned to Veronica and shook his head. "Nope, he's straight as a pencil." He looked at one of the other models and pointed. "Although, I swear that guy keeps eying me up. Not sure whether I should be creeped out or overjoyed." He laughed as he looked the amazingly good looking model up and down.

Veronica laughed as she heard Kenneth call out to one of the models. She hadn't seen him like this before, it was sort of good and weird at the same time to see him act so naturally, she was glad that he didn't have to hide who he was in front of her. "Don't point" she said pulling back Kenneth's arm. Someone sitting beside them looked at Ken made a face and changed their seat when they probably heard him.

"Hmm.." she said considering his idea. Maybe he was right. She might give it a try and see the response she got. She was doing two jobs, it wouldn't hurt to add another one especially since she didn't have any love life and couldn't see her getting one in the near future. She watched the models for a few minutes in silence taking in their styles and clothings and the expressions of attitude on their face.

"Maybe you could ask him for a drink after the show, you never know when it would click, right?"she said with a smile.Even though Veronica's own love life didn't exist she wasn't going to give up trying to help others in setting their relationships in the right path.

Kenny laughed when Veronica pulled his arm back. "I can't help it. They're so adoreable that even my hands want to kiss them." He grinned sarcastically then laughed again when the woman next to them moved seats. "Someone doesn't know how to have fun." Then he thought about it. "Either that or they're a homophobic pr!ck. Both of them could make me dislike a person" He shrugged. Kenny didn't hate people. Even when they'd done something horrible to them. Hate was a very strong word. He only ever disliked people.

Ken grinned and nudged her. "Come on. You know you want to be up there in those amazing outfits. I can see it in your eyes." He knew how much Veronica loved fashion and he could see a kind of gleam in her eye as she looked at the outfits and took them in. It didn't take much to work out that modelling was something that she'd love to do.

Kenny shook his head at what she said. "Nope. I'd never abandon you for him. This is our us time. If I just happen to bump into him at some point when I just happen to be in New York again then perhaps I will but I'm not about to ditch my best friend for some cute guy I don't even know the name of." Kenny knew that bumping into one guy in New York was very unlikely but it was worth a shot. He wasn't about to leave Veronica alone. He was too caring to do that.

Veronica laughed as Kenneth said she didn't know how to have fun. "I know how to have more fun than you do" she said sticking out her tongue at him. As another dashing male model walked up to the front she wolf whistled, some heads turned her way and the model himself looked at her and then winked before walking back to take his place at the center back stage. She realized that he had been the show stopper for the male models."See that" she said with a grin. "I'm going to take his autograph after the show" she told Ken. The designer walked out onto the stage and she clapped cheering for him along with the crowd. Then the announcer said that more models were soon going to be come up representing another designer.

"Okay, I do" she said honestly to Kenneth. She did want to be on those amazing outfits that the models were wearing, she would just try her luck, if it worked, which most probably wouldn't. "Aww.. that's so sweet of you" she said beaming at him as Ken said he wouldn't abandon her. "We can get to know his name, we'll take his autograph" she suggested him as the music began once again and different models walked out onto the stage. This designer seemed to be in love with vintage clothing and Veronica watched the gorgeous models wearing fashion like the old times, yet looking very classy and elegant.

Kenny laughed and clapped when Veronica wolf whistled. "At last. I finally see the risk taker in you." He grinned and watched the designer come onto the stage. Kenny could never see him doing that job. He loved taking clothes and mixing them together to make outfits but he could never cope being the designer. He'd lose inspiration in no time and end up with no idea what to do next. "You and me both. He's cute." Kenny had seen a few models that he wanted to get the autographs of. The majorly cute one was at the top of his list. Good thing he had his autograph book with him.

Kenny grinned. He always loved being right about something. Especially when it was to do with a friend's feelings about something. "Just ask around the models and see if they know anyone. I'm sure someone knows who you could go to." Kenny had thought about this and decided against it. Modelling may have looked like a good career but he enjoyed working in his pub and he didn't want to give that up for anything. Ken nodded in agreement. "Name, autograph, phone number. If I get those three off of him then it will make today perfect. It's already amazing that I'm here in New York with you and getting the phone number of a hot model will just be like the cherry on the cake."

Veronica smiled at Kenneth as he said that he found the model cute. She was glad that he was having a good time and she had brought him here and kept her promise. She watched the models continue their walk and the photographers in the audience flash their cameras at them. He was sure this was to appear in the newspapers tomorrow and all the magazines concerned with fashion. She heard Ken suggest that she could ask the models when they took the autographs. She didn't want to sound rude to him or hurt him so she didn't say it out loud but she was sure that all these models, no matter how good they looked had their egos and attitude, she had always imagine them that way and movies and books only proved it. She was sure behind their smiles they would curse her in their head when she asked and talk amongst themselves about her stupidity thinking she was going to become a model.

"That's sweet" she said as Kenneth said he wanted the name, autograph and phone number of the cute model. Just then the show ended and the host came back on stage and announced the sponsors once again and names of the designers who had designed today's fashion. She welcomed the guests to another hall adjacent to this one where drinks were going to be served and they could buy the latest fashion, talk to the models or take pictures with them. She grinned at Kenneth as she got up from her seat and said "this is our turn to get the phone numbers". She followed the crow that walked into the adjacent hall from big wooden gates. This hall too was decorated in cream and honey drapes, balloons and other decorations.One waiter walked to them and asked what they would like to drink."Wine please" Veronica told the waiter before she turned her eyes to the group of models they had spotted on stage, a few minutes ago.

Kenny could see in Veronica's eyes that there was something she wasn't saying but he wasn't about to ask questions. He guessed it was probably nothing. If it was something then she would either tell him now or she would wait till she was ready to talk. They were best friends after all and he would do anything to keep her happy. Kenny clapped so much when he saw the designers come on stage. Designers were definitely amazing people in his eyes and he admired them. In a way, he kind of wanted one to think of him as their inspiration but he couldn't see that happen. Kenny wore the latest fashions but he mixed and matched making them look more like a Kenny fashion and less like a latest fashion. He guessed that this was just another reason why he'd gone through school with other people taking the mik out of him. He was fine with it though. If they wanted to be pathetic then he wasn't about to stop them. None of it had ever effected him after all.

Kenny winked when she said it was sweet. "Not exactly the words I would put to it but never mind." He stood up and walked holding onto Veronica's hand. "Phone numbers are top of my list and then it's that shirt," Kenny pointed at a lush top that was hanging out to be bought. "That is seriously lush and I want it." Kenny grinned as he also ordered wine then pulled Veronica over to the models, searching for the cute one. "Do you see him or anyone you want to talk to??" He would be disappointed if they didn't find the cute model but it wasn't the end of the world. He couldn't see himself standing a chance with anyone like him anyway. It's not like he even knew the guy. As far as he knew, he could be a snobby git like his parents. No way would he date someone like that.

Veronica smiled as Kenneth showed her the shirt he wanted to get. "And I'd like to get a bunch of dresses, tops and skirts" she said twinkle in her eyes. Back when Bella Donna paid all her expenses she had been pretty spoilt and got all her clothes from designer shops and now she couldn't get rid of her habit. It was because of that she still lived on rent and didn't actually own a house of her own but she liked spending most of her money on fashion and as her Qudditch work was paying quite well she didn't mind having a few muggle credit cards. "Especially that purple one" she said with a smile before she turned to scan the crowd.

Loads of good looking, glamorous faces were present in that hall and she saw that they all were laughing and smiling or gossiping about something. She soon spotted the cute model that they had seen and for whom Veronica had whistled. "There he is" she told Kenneth as she took his arm and walked towards the model with her wine glass and a pen. The model however was surrounded by a bunch of people, some his fans and other colleagues. Veronica too joined the fan club and once she got the chance she said "Hi. You were so amazing on the stage. Can I please have your autograph?"she asked and a paper which was not present in her purse before came there having red hearts drawn on it. "I'm Veronica by the way and this is my friend" she said smiling and tugged Kenneth's arm telling him to introduce himself as well.

Kenny looked at the dress Veronica had pointed out. It was definitely a great dress and it would suit her amazingly. He couldn't wait to see her in it. The shape complimented her figure so much. "That's an amazing dress. You should definitely buy it. Seriously, if you don't then I will." Of course he was joking. Kenny may have been gay but that didn't mean he was about to wear a dress. Not to mention that they probably didn't have a size that would fit him and it would not show off his figure at all. The image of him in the dress made him laugh though and he was kind of tempted to get it just so he could post a picture on his blog.

Kenny looked when Veronica said she'd found him. He was surprised when she started dragging him towards the guy. He let Veronica speak then he introduced himself. "Hey. My name's Kenny. I thought you were amazing on the catwalk. You're a great model. Would I also be able to have an autograph please??" He grabbed his book out of his back pocket with a pen, deciding it was best to talk a bit before asking for a phone number. It would seem a bit weird otherwise. Then again, so was asking for the phone number of someone you'd only just met. Especially when he didn't know they guy's name or sexuality. It made things a bit complicated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back