Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 10 Inch Sturdy Wenge Wand with Fairy Wing Core
It was nice of Mackenzie to invite him over for the remainder of the Christmas holidays and so he found himself spending the holiday in Brightstone still just not with his family but with his friend. Nathan doubted that his parents would care much, however, they had hardly spoken to him ever since he told them that he did not want to continue to work here as a metal-charmer - they didn't even greet him whenever they ran into one another whilst walking through the village. Thankfully Mackenzie knew exactly how to keep his mind off of his parents. The entire week had felt like they were back at the castle again which made it difficult for him to have to leave for New York again in a couple of days. It was almost twelve o'clock and Nathan could only hope that the new year would be just as good if not better than the current year.

It had been so much fun having Nathan around for a while as they prepared to see in the new year together. She knew that in a few days he would go back to America and she would go back to work at Eeylops but for now they were just enjoying each others company and some butterbeer. "I still think we should risk the three broomsticks, its new years eve you'll blend in with the rest of the drunken idiots,"

Nathan sipped from his bottle of butterbeer and chuckled at what Mackenzie said. ''I'd rather not risk my life around a bunch of drunken idiots,'' he retorted. While the man did agree with her that celebrating the new year in the three broomsticks might have been more fun, because there were a lot more people around, he did think that celebrating it together with her was equally as much fun. ''Besides this is fun too, isn't it?'' Nathan said, ''No loud noises or catcalls or anything,''

Nathan's continued reluctance to reenter the leaky cauldron was both amusing and annoying. If they were going to make a habit of seeing each other they had to find somewhere he was willing to go inside, they couldn't hang out in alley ways and on benches for the rest of their lives. "You say that like its a good thing," She smirked at him. "Yes this is fun but if its just us two then I guess I'll have to kiss you at midnight,"

He knew that she wouldn't like his determination to avoid the pub, he didn't like it very much either, but he really just didn't feel like getting punched in the face by a bunch of drunkards. ''You'd like that, wouldn't you?'' Nathan replied, grinning slightly. He hadn't given it much thought yet before she mentioned it, but the man could actually feel himself getting red in the face when she said it. ''How long till midnight anyway?'' he asked.

Mackenzie shrugged her shoulders but didn't look at Nathan for fear of the blush creeping on her cheeks. "I've had worse offers," She said flatly as she took a sip of butterbeer. Mackenzie checked her watch when he asked how long till midnight, a slight smirk on her lips at his question. "Fifteen minutes why? Eager to do what you were to chicken to at school?"

He snorted at Mackenzie's retort and almost spit out his drink. ''What do you mean 'What I was too chicken to do at school'?'' Nathan asked. ''I have never wanted to kiss at school.'' Well, that wasn't entirely true as there had been that one time while they said their goodbyes to each other after the train ride from Hogwarts to the train station, but he never acted out on it because he valued their friendship more during that time. ''I think you're just delusional,'' he added before taking a bigger sip from the bottle of butterbeer.

Mackenzie scoffed at Nathan's denial but wasn't going to push him on what had been a passing comment. "If you say so," She added before taking a swig of her butterbeer. The thought had occurred to Mackenzie at times during their youth but he had really been her only friend during their time at school and hadn't wanted to mess it up. "Well if you don't want to..."

He couldn't stand not receiving an answer from Mackenzie and so shook his head in mild annoyance. Instead of coming up with a witty remark or funny retort, the man finished the last of his butterbeer and checked his half-broken watch to check the time once more. Two minutes, just enough to get them another bottle. ''Hold on, I never said I didn't want to kiss you at midnight,'' Nathan replied as he walked back into the living room, the alcohol making him a lot braver than he would otherwise be. ''And I definitely won't be too chicken this time around,'' he added while placing the two bottles of butterbeer on the table.

Mackenzie watched as Nathan placed to two bottles of butterbeer on the table, out the corner of her eye she saw her watch getting ever closer to midnight. "Better not," She said as midnight drew nearer, just a few seconds. Three...two...one. "Well, happy new year," Shes said pulling Nathan closer to her and planting her lips on his.

''Happy New Year,'' he replied, smiling awkwardly. As she pulled him closer, Nathan tried to calm himself, but it was rather pointless trying to do so once her soft lips were planted on his. It felt as if his heart would soon leave his chest. It was nice. ''See, I did not chicken out this time,'' the man said with a soft chuckle when he pulled away from Mackenzie.

Mackenzie smirked when Nathan told her he hadn't chickened out that time, though she hadn't given him much chance to do so. "True, but you did pull away," She said reaching for her butterbeer and taking a swig. The kiss had been nice, nicer than she'd expected and wouldn't be against doing it again.

''You'd rather we continue kissing? Well then maybe you should invite me over more often because this was just a new year's kiss,'' Nathan replied cheekily. He didn't feel like doing anything tonight anyway, butterbeer always made him feel sleepy after a while. ''It was a good kiss though, thank you.'' He wasn't quite sure why he thanked her for it, but then again, he didn't really know what he was saying anymore.

Mackenzie shrugged her shoulders, "I didn't say that, but it wasn't a bad kiss so I wouldn't be against it," It was strange for him to thank her but it was quite clear Nathan had no intention of doing it again. "Well happy new year, here's hoping 2050 sucks less than the rest,"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back