Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Knotted 18 Inch Flexible Cedar Wand with Acromantula Web Core
Peony had been everywhere. When she was eleven she'd attended the local school, Hogwarts in New Zealand like everyone else, Dittany included. Soon after her second year, things had changed. Her little sister, her triplet, had drown and things had never been the same. She'd decided she needed a change, transferred to Beauxbatons and spent a Semester in France. Her father was French after all, so she thought she'd give it ago. It hadn't taken her long to grow bored of it however. Next, in her third year, she'd attended Durmstrang and then Castelobruxo. Language barriers not withstanding, she'd loved it in both places. But it had fuelled her desire to travel and learn about the different teaching methods and styles at all of the schools. At fourteen she'd spent an entire year at Koldovstoretz, then fifth year at Mohotokuro, which had been quite the experience. Now though, she was in Ilvermorny, sorted into Wampus house. She was terribly excited. She couldn't wait to see what this school year would bring for her. She found herself a nice table in the sun and pulled out some of her textbooks, her wand safely clasped into her wrist strap for easy deployment. Her dad had gone on about those things for years and she'd only decided to buy one this year. It certainly helped her during the International championships and though she'd yet to win, she'd placed highly each year and only improved with every new challenge. The school, she was pleasantly surprised, was actually quite spacious with lots of open areas. Good, great place to practice some of her forms.​

Coleman Baros wasn't surprised when the Ilvermorny team formed, and while his twin joined it, Coleman stayed out of it because he didn't want to handle the competition between people. He was too passive to handle that. Coleman loved Quidditch, but he rather watch it rather than play it. While he walked outside, the snitch in his pocket came out and flew around his shoulder. Coleman walked until he arrived in the sun. He smiled as the snitch flew around him. He found a table where there was a girl reading a bunch of textbooks upon it. He looked at her and thought that he might have recognized her from somewhere. He smiled toward her and asked, "Hey, um, mind? The other tables are full." Rather than ask if she was new, or if he had seen her before, he would at least be courteous. Coleman glanced at his snitch before he gestured with his hand, "I treat my snitch like a pet, before you ask." That was something that everyone he had ever met asked him about it.

One of the things that Peony disliked about Ilvermorny, was the uniforms. It was a bit warmer here than she was used to in France and to be honest, the colours kind of sucked a little bit, but they were the uniform and she had worn worse. She already was looking forward to all the classes she could take here and to learn all their duelling secrets. She hoped in the long run all of this would make her a better dueller. She looked up as she heard someone approach and speak to her. She was usually very good at listening out for potential threats, it was all the training she did with her dad, with Dittany and with her Young Duellers Defence Association club. The International body was ruthless and you needed to be at your fittest to compete, they couldn't risk too much injury and duelling was a brutal sport. She smiled back at him and shifted a couple of her books out of the cute boys way. "Not at all, do join s'il vous plaît," she said, offering him the spot. Her accent was still obviously French, but it had dulled somewhat with he more time she spent out of the country. She watched him curiously as he mentioned his snitch and she covered her mouth with her hand to giggle. "Oh, that is not a worry, we all 'ave things we do that others do not appreciate, non?" This boy seemed a bit funny, but she was certainly glad of some company.​

Coleman smiled as she said yes, pretty much, but then please in another language. He only knew the very basics on French and Spanish. The accent was there, but it was dull. Coleman's accent was still the same, from Washington and all. "Thank you," Coleman spoke gently, and politely. If his father taught him anything, it was to be kind. He also told him to tell funny jokes and do light hearted teasing, but Coleman did not appreciate such things. And humor was a gene he was missing. His snitch hovered above his shoulder as he put his bag down. He took out his transfiguration textbook so that he could look over it somewhat. "Is there something you do that others might not appreciate?" Coleman asked curiously. "Also, my name is Coleman Baros. I am a Horned Serpent, actually." He was still saying Ravenclaw half of the time, but that was his own fault for getting houses confused. He wondered what house she was in, and if she knew anyone else with the Baros name. None were in Wampus or Thunderbird though. His twin sister was in Pukwedgie, and so was his older first cousin.

Peony watched the boy with a smile. She was new here after all, so she didn’t know much about any of these things, or of Illvermorny at all. She didn’t like the idea of having to leave her wand at the school whilst she was at home, but she was sure she could get around that seeing as she was an exchange student and her home was in France. She thought the idea of having a snitch with him just hovering above his shoulder was both cool and weird, but she was enjoying just watching it buzz about his head a bit. It didn’t seem to go far at all though, like it had an invisible barrier that contained it to him. It was odd, but she liked it. When he asked her if she had an annoying habit she licked her lips and pointed to the open spell books across the table. “I’m a dueller, with the young duellers association, my go to time waster is trolling through spell books for little known spells that could give me an edge and then trying them on unsuspecting victims,” she grinned at him, twisting her wand in her hand. “Are you an unsuspecting victim Mr. Baros?” She hoped he wasn’t, he certainly didn’t look the type and the unsuspecting were usually ones she jumped from behind corners but even then she didn’t do that, it was severely frowned upon, she was far more highly skilled than most others in the school let alone her year or below, most of them wouldn’t stand a chance.​

Coleman's eyes were averted to the open books. Right, they were spell books, and she informed him that she was a duelist, with the young dueler's association. That was actually really cool. Coleman smiled as he looked over the books, but then glanced back up suddenly when she mentioned the word 'victims'. Then, asked if he was an unsuspecting victim. He glanced up at his snitch, as it buzzed right over his shoulder. Was he an unsuspecting victim? Coleman would have if he did not know what Peony did, but now he knew to keep an eye out. Coleman shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. I was a Ravenclaw, still am at heart, so you tell me. Can logical thinkers be unsuspecting victims, especially when someone reveals that they can jump out at any unexpected corner?" Coleman hoped that he sounded convincing, because overall, he was just bulls**ting. He had no idea. He wasn't easily spooked, but other than that, he was a quick thinker. Maybe that was what she meant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back