OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Muggle
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Avarian
Kami was liking this move. Taking over her grandfather's book store was a dream come true. And with Arthurian going to school next year, she had decided that returning to her hometown was the best for them both. Arthurian was off to the park near the house. She'd asked him to come shopping with her, but he hadn't wanted to tag along. That was alright.

She hummed as she wandered through the store. She was looking for curtains for her bedroom- something soft, but also thick enough to block the light. She liked having her room darker. It was a smaller store that she couldn't remember the name of, but she liked it. There didn't seem to want people here. She liked it that way. Kami picked up a dark blue fabric and felt it. This could work. She was busy debating the purchase and didn't notice anyone else come in the aisle.

Ian could not believe that he would want to go shopping. But with Emily having her own room in his house for her to stay whenever she wanted to be with him and Ava, the man decided it was time to get his little girl's room customized. He wanted the girls to go with him, but instead, they handed him a list of what he should buy. Thankfully, Avaria was there to write everything down to the specifics such as color and design.

Now, here he was in the curtain aisle debating whether the purple fabric with pink flowers or pink fabric with white flowers. They only listed flower print for curtains. He was now scratching his head and did not realize he groaned out loud, not noticing the person next to him.

Kami glanced up as she heard someone next to her groan and froze, her eyes wide. "Avarian?" She managed nervously after a moment. What was he doing here? Her heart thundered wildly in her chest, her cheeks instantly staining a deep red. It was a good thing Arthur hadn't come with her today. Or was it? Should she tell Avarian about Arthur? What would she say? Hello, nice to see you again after nearly a decade! Never thought I'd see you again, by the way, my son is yours. She swallowed, no idea how to react to the man in front of her. She clutched the curtains closer to her chest, a defense mechanism. This would be... interesting, to say the least.

Just as he was about to give up and walk away, Avarian heard his name called by the person next to him. He turned to look at the person only to be stopped in his tracks. He could not believe his eyes. "Kami? Kami Taylor?", he replied in surprise. She honestly looked good in nearly a decade of not seeing each other. They dated a while back and broke up shortly after he moved to another shoot location.

Ooops

Kami swallowed nervously. "H-hi Ian!" She greeted shyly, twirling a strand of hair around her finger. "I-it, ah, it's been a long time." She stated lamely. "Y-you like, ah, like flower print?" She joked lightly. She didn't sound at all confident, but she was trying. Didn't need him suspecting anything just yet. Maybe he was just passing through on another photo shoot. That was it. He'd be gone soon. Nothing to worry about.

Avarian still could not forget Kami. Passionate, vibrant, those are just some of the words he could use to describe her. She looked nervous though. Who would not be? He was like smiling like an idiot himself. If Ava and Em saw him now, they would smack him straight up. His attention snapped back when she mentioned the flower print. Looking at the fabric on his hands, he chuckled sheepishly. "I'm supposed to pick some curtains for Avaria.", mentioning his first daughter. Kami knew about her and even saw a photo of Ava as an infant. Not about Emily, though, and it was not the best idea to mention it on the first encounter after a decade of separation. "She's with me now. Here", he added. The woman knew of his desire to be reunited with his child. "How about you? Passing through?", he asked back. He wondered if she would be here to stay.

Kami nodded, recalling the little blond girl. She'd been a cute baby, having Avarian wrapped around her finger even then. She pointed to a different option, a darker fabric with a galaxy in-lay instead of flowers. "That would probably be a better bet. It's closer to my soo- sister's kids tastes. He's about Ava's age." She stumbled briefly but quickly covered it up. "I've also noticed the pattern is growing in popularity among the younger girls that come into the bookstore." She tucked her hair behind her ear, looking away.

He's staying, oh Merlin, what do I do?! "Y-you live here? That's, ah, good?" She bit her lip. "I'm glad you have Avaria. I remember how much you adored her." She took a breath. "A-actually, um, I-I live h-here now, uh, now too." She stammered. "My grandfather passed and- and left me his book store." She let out a breath. "U-um, Ian- can I call you Ian? Perhaps, perhaps we can meet sometime? For coffee? If your wife doesn't mind," She added quickly. "J-just to catch up. It's been so long," She added shyly. She would have to tell him. He couldn't just find out by running into Arthur. That... that would be bad.

Avarian chuckled as Kami gave her input. She was always like that. Reliable and brilliant. Her idea provided to be useful except for one thing. He handed her the list made by the girls. "Hope you can help me on this.", he scratched his head. He did not know what came to him but somehow he wanted to spend more time with her after a decade of being apart. "I was leaning to the galaxy as well since Ava's... dormitory is at a higher level which brought her a bit closer to the skies.", he had to remember that Kami was a muggle and not exactly aware of his world.

Kami seemed flustered upon the mere mention of him staying in NZ. He almost teased him on that, the same way 10 years back. "I do. Working here for good too.", he added since she knew about his photography career. "You are living here? With a bookstore! Where's it?", he asked, curiosity peaking. Asked about his nickname, he laughed. "Kami! You know you can always call me Ian. Though you can still call me Ri-ri, Ki-ki.", he winked at her teasingly. He could not believe what she said next. "You took the words out of my mouth.", he admitted. "No wife actually. She died about a month before I found Ava four years ago.", a soft smile on his mouth.

Kami took the list Ian offered her, scanning through it quickly. "Yeah, that one would go best with the rest of this. It looks like there's a darker color theme here, I don't think either of the flower prints you were looking at would quite fit." She told him with a small smile. She listened to what he said about the dormitory. Oh, then that would be... Ravenclaw? She and Arthur had both been given a brief explanation when someone from the ministry had come to explain to her why her son was suddenly levitating books throughout her store. "That sounds lovely," She told him, wondering if maybe Ian was the same as Arthur.

She swallowed as he said he would be staying for good. She would have to tell him then. Just... not yet. She needed time. Should she just bring Arthur? No, that was too much too soon. She chuckled nervously. "Um, in town. I can, ah, never remember the address." She dug into her purse before pulling out a business card for Taylor's Book Shop and offering it to Ian.

She felt herself flush as he winked at her. Oh, goodness, he was still so handsome. "M-maybe I'll just stick with Ian," She smiled shyly. "For now," She added. She gasped softly as he told her about his wife. "Oh, Avarian." She placed a hand gently on his arm. "I'm so sorry for your loss. And Avaria's." She bit her lip when she realized what she'd done and took a small step back. "I.... ah, I should probably get going for now. B-but, ah, I live above the bookstore. Maybe you can come by next weekend?" She offered. Arthur would be off to school then, and it would give her time to ease Ian into it.

Avarian could not remove the smile he had in his face. Listening to her give suggestions made him think of her as mother material. Like she already had her own child. "Thanks for the advice. You are always good at this.", he said thankfully. The struggle with the curtain was finally over. It would seem impossible as she still looked the same as before. He wanted to tease Kami more about their nicknames but held back. The feeling of her hand on his sent shivers down his spine. Looking down at the address, he realized that it was just a block away from where he lived. "Yeah, sure. Next weekend's fine. Want me to bring anything?", he offered, although his mind was already brainstorming over gift ideas. He quickly stepped closer and gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Till next weekend then, Kami.", he said with a wink, stayed rooted to the spot, waiting for her to turn her back on him. I miss you. He wanted to say.

Kami blushed as Ian thanked her and tucked her hair behind her ear. "I-it was, ah, was no trouble. " She reassured him softly. She looked up from under her lashes as he asked what he could bring. "O-oh, it's alright Ian, you don't need to bring anything," She quickly assured him. She froze as Ian stepped in and hugged her, startled as he kissed her cheek. She squeaked and jumped back, face burning. No, Kameron. Don't do this to yourself. Not again. She cleared her throat, looking away and biting her lip to keep the traitorous smile from her face. She tucked her hair behind her ear again, a habit she picked up when she was nervous. "I-I'll see you later, " she managed before turning on her heel and running away. She needed to leave before she said something she'd regret.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back