OOC First Name
Rowan
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Curly 14 Inch Swishy Poplar Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Acacia was feeling a way she had never felt arriving at Hogwarts before. Happy. Genuinely happy. Being sent so far from home still stung deeply, but now she wasn't alone anymore. After graduating from Ilvermorny, Cedar had decided to move to New Zealand, where Acacia was. She wasn't a world away from everyone she loved anymore, and now if anything went wrong she had a big brother right around the corner. He hadn't abandoned her like their mom and dad had. Emboldened by Cedar's presence, Acacia was finally, truly determined to make the best of this. She had spent two years wallowing and miserable, and that time was over now. She was going to make friends, she was going to have fun. So Acacia had decided to make friends in a way that had never failed her before. She had procured some cookies from the kitchens and brought them up to the student lounge, setting them on a table in front of her for people to take. There was plenty to share, and this way she could get to know some new friends and put a smile on their faces.

Lily came into the common room, hugging her books to her chest. Today had been very long, and she was feeling a little homesick. She noticed an older girl at a table nearby with a plate of cookies. Lily almost didn't go over, but the smell of the treats lured her in. She swallowed nervously and approached the older girl with a shy smile. "H-hello," She greeted softly. "Um, w-what... what kind of cookies are those?" She asked lamely, scuffing her toe against the rug and looking down. She must look ridiculous.

Acacia didn't want to just sit and stare at a plate of cookies while she waited for someone to come over, so she had brought a notebook, and was doodling out cute designs she wanted to try painting on her nails later when she heard a girl approaching. Looking up, Acacia gave the girl a warm smile. "These ones are chocolate chip, and these ones are double chocolate. Help yourself!" She said happily, picking up one of the cookies for herself. The girl looked quite young and shy, so Acacia kept talking to try and put her at ease. "I'm Acacia, Is this your first year at Hogwarts?"

Ava smiled shyly at the girl and sitting down in the other chair. She took a pair of cookies and put them in her bag- perhaps she could give them to Ettie or Jasper, or both. She kept her hands on her bag, swinging her feet gently. "Um, y-yes. Hello Acacia." She ignored the slight wobble in her voice and went on. "My name is Lily."

Acacia was a little surprised that the girl didn't eat any of the cookies for herself right away, but she could understand wanting to save snacks for later. Smiling kindly, she nodded. "It's nice to meet you, Lily!" She said cheerfully, hoping to help the girl feel at home. After her own struggles to settle in, she wanted to make sure none of the younger students felt like that. "Are you having a good time at school so far?"

Lily nodded. "I-I think so, yes." She bit her lip a bit before continuing. "I think, um, I think I might have made some friends. And the Professors all seem nice. I suppose," She mumbled the last bit, remembering when she'd seen the Slytherin Head of House. He didn't look very nice. She shook her head slightly and looked back up at Acacia. "How long have, um, have you been coming here?"

Acacia smiled and nodded, pleased that the girl was fitting in well, even if she seemed so shy. It made Acacia wish she had made more of an effort the last couple of years. "That's good!" She said happily. "It can be scary making friends in a new place, but everyone at Hogwarts is super nice. I'm sure you'll have loads of friends." She smiled in response to Lily's question. "This is my third year. My first year was kinda scary, but I feel much more at home now." That was only half true, if Acacia was honest, but she was doing better than she had been, and she didn't want to put any of her problems on this girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back