OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Straight 15 1/2 Inch Sturdy Larch Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Boredom had driven Desislav away from his common room and towards the lounge where he could interact with students of all ages and from all houses. Currently, Desi was using a set of exploding snap cards to build a house of cards. He'd just reached the point where he could no longer sit and had to stand in front of the table that he'd made into his work station. The teen wasn't too concerned about the fact that the deck could go up on flames at any moment. That was part of the fun!

Victoria could only stand to stay in the common for so long most days but it was always worse at the beginning of the semester. Everyone was so happy to see each other and everyone was so happy and smiley it make her skin crawl. The girl made her way out of the common room and just went for a wonder. Victoria thought she would swing by the student lounge, it was a place she might be able to find someone interesting and had a slim chance of running into her sister, who would no doubt be halled up in the library somewhere. As she walked in she noticed people were rather thin on the ground but there was one boy making a house of cards, either he was a sad sack or he was really bored. Either way she wanted to find out, "Careful now, one wrong move and that all comes down," She said sitting herself on the chair on the other side of him.

Desi smirked at the comment, but he was unable to spare a glance at the moment. He had both of his hands moving the card to make the roof for this level. His blue eyes were focused on his work, and it was only after he'd finished getting the card in place without it exploding that he peeked around his card house. "That's part of the fun" Desi replied to the cute blonde who had settled herself in, a mischievous look on his face. He reached for another card and got ready to work on the next level. "Besides, it wouldn't be the first time I lost part of my eyebrow" he added nonchalantly, his hands moving as steadily as he could hold them towards the house.

Victoria smirked at the boy, he clearly didn't care what he was doing was dangerous. It was an attitude she wasn't used to having a sister like Olivia who was always so careful about everything, it had always struck Victoria as a very boring way to live. She watched the boy as he placed another card on the house of cards. She giggled at his next comment, "Oh so this isn't the first time you've played with fire?" she asked him. The way he said that it wouldn't be the first time he lost part of his eyebrow intruiged her. "Now you have to tell me what you did to lose part of your eyebrow last time,"

So far, so good. Desi reached for another card, hearing her question and he smirked. Of course, she would want to know. It was a good one too. He leaned over a bit so she could see him as he spoke. "This one time, I was at a muggle beach with my family because my mum was working" he left out the explanation that his mother was a model because it was unimportant to his story, " and I found these things in the sand. Turns out they were a muggle thing called matches" he said the final word like a question, a shrug accompanying it.

"Anyway, I pocketed them and when I got home and was in the backyard, I decided to figure out what they were. And after like two days, I was down to the last one and nothing was working, so then I banged that one onto a book and all of a sudden there was a fire. Then I went batsh!t- I was like 8- and I thought if I blew on it, I'd get the fire out and not get in trouble. So I brought my face close to the book and bam half an eyebrow gone. I've still got a scar right here" he pointed to the side of his nose. "And I got in trouble because our house elf came outside right at that moment" he rolled his eyes. She'd always had radar for when he was up to something.

Victoria sat back on the sofa and listened to the boy as he recounted the story of how he lost part of his eyebrow. Clearly the boy liked playing with fire and fancied himself a bit of a prankster. Victoria wasn't much for pranks but as long as he didn't prank her perhaps she could be friends with the boy. "Yeah matches are not something you want to play with especially at that age," He smiled at the boy. She was guessing he was raised by magical parents if he didn't know what matches were, Victoria learned from an early age what matches were and not to play with them. "But it could have been worse, your eyebrow grew back, and you know, you still look pretty good, considering your love of playing with fire," He brushed hair out of her eyes and tucked it behind her ear avoiding eye contact with the boy. "That sucks about your house elf coming out when it did, that's just bad timing," She couldn't believe the boy grew up with his own house elf but she kept her surprise to herself as no doubt it would come across as stupid to the boy.

"How was I supposed to know?" Desislav muttered, his attention divided. He wasn't sure whether to go back to his card house or keep talking to the girl who was pretty entertaining. His gaze kept drifting between the two, but the girl won out. Desi could feel his face burn almost at the heat that fire had been and he laughed nervously, running a hand through his own hair which was quite short. When he brought his hand back down, it jostled the table, sending his stack falling to the ground, a small boom erupting as a small fire sprang out. He'd had a cup of water near him for this very reason and splashed it on top, smoke rising.

Turning back to the girl, Desi picked up as if nothing had happened. "Nah, Estel's just my mom's house elf through and through. I think she has a spell to let her know when I'm causing trouble" he stated, a smirk crossing his face as he sat down across from her. "Is your house elf like that?"

Victoria laughed when the boy muttered that he wasn't to know not to play with matches. Clearly the boy had a different upbringing to him, the pressence of a house elf at his home meant he was probably born and raised around magic which was a lot different to her own. The girl wasn't sure how he would react to finding this out, Victoria knew that being raised by muggles was not looked on favourable by some sections of the wizard population, luckily she had not experienced that discrimination first hand and to her knowledge neither had her sister. All thoughts of her heritage were put to one side when the house of cards fell and a small fire erupted in its place. The boy poured water over it to extinguish the fire and very casually turned back to her and acted like nothing happened. He moved on to talk a little more about his house elf and even asked if hers was the same. She sighed, she would have to out herself now and hope this boy was like everyone else she met at the school, she had been lucky so far but that could soon run out. "Oh, I don't have a house elf, I'm muggle born, me and my sister both," She kept eye contact with the boy as she broke the news.

Desi always forgot that not every wizarding family owned a house elf. It was a silly mistake that he made time and again because it was such a normal thing for him. Estel had changed his diapers and healed his cuts with her elf-type magic. He smacked himself on the head at having made that silly assumption again.

When he learned that she was muggle-born, his eyes narrowed. Was she just putting him on? He figured she wasn’t, especially since she’d just told him, a Zhefarovich no less, that she was from a muggle family. Not that she necessarily knew he was a member of that family though he had a hard time believing she’d never heard his name before with how many classes they’d shared over the years. That could be a dangerous admission to the wrong person in his family. To him, it didn’t matter much. He’d been around muggles before when he’d been dragged to his mother’s job, something that had become less frequent when the quads had begun to show signs of magic. “Coooool” he breathed out, quietly so that he couldn’t be overheard by too many people. “Have you ever been inside of a Air-o-plan?” he asked, totally butchering the word. He watched them fly overhead sometimes when he was laid out in the backyard of his home.

Victoria was a little nervous when she told the boy that she was muggle born, though for the most part people were rather tolerant about her upbringing, she did know there were certain sections of the student population that didn't want her kind muddying up their school. Thankfully, the Hufflepuff was yet to meet anyone who felt as much, and she liked to think her sister had avoided any such discrimination as well. Victoria involuntarily broke into a smile when the boy let out an extended cool at the idea of her being muggle born. It was a relief and now she was able to relax. He went onto ask her if she had ever been on a plane, at least she assumed that was what he said as he completely butchered the word. No doubt growing up in the magical world with house elfs and such, there was little to no talk of muggle things such as planes. No doubt Desi would use floo powder or brooms as his main source of travel. Planes were much more comfortable for long distance journeys, but the feeling of being on a broom was second to none. "Oh yeah they're really cool, you just sit there and fly to wherever you want, except there's loads of people around you, how do you even know about planes?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back