Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Demi
Wand
Straight 9 inch springy Willow with unicorn hair core
Lucas was both pleased and disappointed by the way Quidditch tryouts had gone. He needed to go find Einar, he wanted to see the other boy, already missing his presence on the field. Lucas had been eyeing the new people, and decided to try and rally the rest of the team. Dominic wasn't around anymore to temper Adam and Eli. Spotting their new keeper, Lucas hurried to catch up. "Wait, hey, Yoo, right? Hold up!" He called, trying not to trip over his ginormous feet as he slipped through the crowd to the other boy.

Yoo Hyun Ki had been pleased with his try-out, though he had not made the team, given that there was already a keeper in place, he though he had shown himself rather well and was sure that doing that would help him gain a full spot once the other person left. He had sensed a little tension between players but what had happened before him was of no concern to him. The young boy was making his way through the school, still trying to learn where everything was, and how best to get to places when someone called out to him, he stopped and looked round to a rather uncoordinated person heading towards him. He wondered how it was possible that this boy be tripping up over his feet and yet in Yoo’s mind was actually one of the chasers of the team. ”That’s me,” he replied with a little smile, he extended his hand to the other boy politely, ”Yoo Hyun Ki, Thunderbird,” he said his house as it did appear to be a way in which people knew who others were.

Lucas smiled, reaching out and shaking the boys hand. "Lucas Ames, Horned Serpent." He introduced himself, running a hand through his hair. "I saw you at try outs. You're the new alternate keeper now, aren't you?" He asked, smiling shyly and sliding his hands into his pockets.

Yoo Hyun Ki took the older boy’s hand and shook it lightly. Putting the boy’s name, Lucas, to memory. He gave a little nod, ”I am, I find it the best position for me to play,” he explained perhaps unnecessarily, ”And you are a chaser,” he commented back remembering Lucas flying with the quaffle around the pitch something really only chasers did.

Lucas committed the name to memory. This guy would hopefully replace Adam. "What should I call you?" He asked, turning the name over. "Yoo?" He asked, looking to the boy. Lucas wanted to know his team, wanted to be closer to his teammates now that his brothers were both gone and out of the way.

Yoo Hyun Ki gave a little nod, ”Yoo is fine,” he said, ”You go by Lucas I imagine?” he returned, he wasn’t quite sure what else to say, he wasn’t that sure why this boy had approached him. He felt like maybe he should say or do something more but he didn’t know what he could say or do. He just gave a little friendly smile and wanted to wait a moment before he just decided to excuse himself and leave, perhaps Lucas did have a point to this.

Lucas nodded. "Yeah, Lucas is fine." He rubbed the back of his neck, smiling shyly. "I know it's a bit random, but I figured, we're on the same team now, we should get to know each other," He explained. "If you want, maybe we can go get something to eat, sit and talk for a bit?" He offered, smiling at the other boy. Without Einar on the team, he wanted to connect with the others more. He'd held back before, knowing Einar didn't really want to interact with the others if he didn't have to. He smiled at Yoo, feeling hopeful.

Yoo Hyun Ki nodded at it and gave a little smile. He wasn’t sure why this boy was so interested in him, but perhaps thee was part of that getting to know teammates. Perhaps no one had done that with this boy and he was just trying to make things better and easier. Yoo had not been entirely blind to some of the tensions at the practice. ”Okay,” he said, agreeing to it. ”We can get something to eat and talk for a bit,” he had other things he had wanted to do instead at this point but this wouldn’t be that bad an idea. It would be good for him to build connections and get to know the people around him.

Lucas smiled, pleased, and started walking away, hoping Yoo would follow him. "So, Yoo. What made you interested in the team?" He asked, curious. He had been curious more this year about other peoples backstories, about other walks of life. He smiled at Yoo, hoping the other boy would be open to talk with him.

Yoo shrugged slightly, ”Sports are good for a well rounded education, the only sport at magical schools is Quidditch so,” he said by way of explanation, he was saying it as if it was the most natural choice in the world but he knew that it wouldn’t be where most people’s heads went. ”What about you? What made you interested in the team?” he asked with a friendly tone, it was only polite to return the question to him.

Lucas nodded. That was a good reason, really. Probably better than his if he was honest. He blushed as Yoo returned the questioned, laughing shyly and rubbing the back of his neck. "Oh, I- my best friend used to be the other chaser, and I wanted to spend more time with him so I went for the team. He decided to drop this year, to focus on his art, but I- I actually like playing a lot, and I think I'm decent at it, so I decided to stay on," he explained. He looked to Yoo, smiling softly. "We haven't won against Beauxbatons in a while, but that's alright. It's fun just to be able to play another team." He stuck his hands in his pockets. "Did you just transfer here? I don't recall seeing you around,"

Yoo nodded as he explained why he had gone for quidditch and was a little surprised when the boy said that he’d joined because of the best friend who had now dropped out. He wasn’t sure why anyone would dropout of a team like that. Perhaps it was just an inability to manage the work loads. He wasn’t too warmed by the fact the school had yet to win a game or just hadn’t won one in a while. ”Hopefully this year we will win,” he said. He nodded at the question. ”I am indeed new, I joined this year, transferred in from the magical school in Japan,” he answered.

Lucas shrugged. "I hope so. But we'll have to see how practice goes." He smiled softly as the boy said he transferred. "Moving like that is a really big change. How do you like it here?" He asked. He was moving carefully, a little slower than he probably should have been. He was having a hard time getting used to the longer limbs, bashing his head often on lower doorframes.

Yoo nodded at his words and then gave a little shrug, ”My father is an ambassador, so this isn’t the first big move I’ve done. It’s a big move but..not difficult.” he explained with a polite expression, he didn’t mind people know that perhaps his family wasn’t magical, he had nothing to be ashamed of in his eyes. ”But America...this school….it’s nice, I like it,” though Yoo would’ve said that if he hated it really. He didn’t want to offend this boy by saying it was bad or that he didn’t like it. He would always say he did. Even if he hated it. ”Have you been here since first year?” the boy’s accent was distinctly american but it never hurt to ask.

Lucas looked a little surprised at the boys words. "An ambassador? Wow, that's impressive. My parents are both lawyers. An ambassador sounds like a cool job though," He mused. He hadn't decided what he wanted to do yet, but he was sure politics and law really wasn't his thing. He nodded as Yoo asked another question. "I've always been here, yeah. I used to live in Maine, and it was really pretty, but I recently moved out to Alaska." He told the boy, smiling softly. "Alaska is really something else, but I already love it." Especially because it was so far away from his family.

Yoo gave a little shrug, he wasn’t sure if he would call it interesting, certainly there were a lot of boring parts to it to Yoo, but he could admit it wasn’t too bad. Yoo didn’t mind the job, but he knew it wasn’t something he was ever going to be interested in doing himself. It was just not the sort of job for him. He liked tangible being able to help people. ”Do you want to be a lawyer too?” he asked, he did often find that kids of parents that did the same job tended to also want that job, but he was almost sure that Lucas wouldn’t be the same. ”That’s quite a move, quite a change. Do you like the cold?” Yoo asked him.

Lucas looked surprised at Yoo's question and quickly shook his head. "No, no way." He replied, decisive. He would never be a lawyer. He smiled a bit at the boys next question. "It takes some getting used to. But a good hot chocolate and a lot of blankets helps." He was sure if he could convince Einar to curl up with him in the blankets it would be very warm, too. "It's really pretty. And quiet. I loved Maine, but I don't think I'll ever go back," he replied honestly, turning to Yoo with a smile. "What was it like where you used to live?" He asked, curious.

Yoo was a little surprised by Lucas’s very sure feeling that he would not be lawyer. He thought it was fair, it was not a job that everyone wanted to do. Perhaps there was more to it but he wasn’t sure he was the person to go down that rabbit with this boy. ”What do you want to do?” he decided to ask, that was a little more neutral. He nodded along as Lucas spoke about the move to Alaska from Maine, he was sure that it was two pretty different places. ”Different, the life and the pace of it are different from here,” he said. He’d lived in a number of varying and different places so this was just like those things. ”I’ve lived in a few places, so I am used to relatively big changes. I like America it is nice, though I think I’ll miss the food of my last place,” He didn’t mind american food, it just wasn’t what he was used to.

Lucas was surprised when Yoo asked him what he wanted to do. "I... Don't know yet," he answered slowly. He hadn't thought of his future. Like.... Ever. It made him think a bit, unsure of what there was he could do. He had always assumed he was really rather worthless useless. He shook his head, turning his attention back to Yoo. "What was it like where you lived before?" He asked, curious.

Yoo gave a little nod, ”There’s still time to decide,” he told him. ”From what I hear pick something you are good at and like and it’s easy,” Yoo wasn’t sure why he said that, he was sure that Lucas had small idea’s of what he wanted to do, or just hadn’t thought too much on it yet. He would when he then got a later chance. ”Different, I’ve lived in a few places, Japan, China and Korea,” he said. ”All are very different places with their own unique elements. I would love to spend more time in Korea, but I’ll be able to when I’m older,” he said. ”Do you think you’ll always live in Alaska?”

Lucas considered what the boy said about liking what you do. He considered it a moment, but pushed it aside and figured out he would think more about it later. Maybe after he sorted out what he was feeling with Einar. He listened as Yoo told him where he had been living, curious about the other places. "Did you live in Korea for long?" He asked, curious. He hesitated at the other question. "Probably." He mused. He didn't see Einar ever wanting to leave, and if he could, Lucas wouldn't ever leave Einar behind.

Hyun nodded, ”The first five years of my life were spent in Korea,” he replied, ”We go there often on holiday,” he said. He didn’t know it as well as others would, but he no less enjoyed going whenever he had the opportunity to. He missed elements of it, and knew that he likely missed elements because he didn’t know them well enough. Hyun gave a little smile as the boy said he was likely to remain in Alaska, ”Do you enjoy the cold?” from what he had heard it was a rather cold place so he had to think that Lucas did enjoy it.

Lucas nodded, making a mental note to look into Korean cultures and cuisines. He hesitated as Yoo asked if he enjoyed the cold. "I don't mind it," he offered easily. "I like warm blankets and hot drinks and sweaters and thick socks, so living somewhere cold can make it easier to enjoy them more often," he mused, before chuckling softly and running a hand through his hair. "I guess you just need to find the beauty wherever you are," he smiled at Yoo. "Do you miss Korea?"

Yoo would’ve thought someone opting to move to one of the colder places in the world would be more firm about if he liked the cold, but the way he reasoned out how he could be fine made sense. Perhaps it hadn’t entire been his choice to move or there was something that kept him there. ”I can’t really miss something I didn’t really know,” he said honestly. He just had never known Korea when he’d been more alert and aware. He knew that he missed some of the food and some of the scenery but it wasn’t too strong. He also missed similar things about Japan and China. ”I think I mostly miss the food. American food is….different,” Yoo said with a shrug, it wasn’t that he was saying it was bad, just different.

Lucas nodded, more determined than ever when he heard Yoo say that he missed the food. He was definitely going to find some way or another to make a Korean dish. Lucas was an alright cook, he could do it. He followed after the boy, trying to come up with different questions to get a feel of what food in Korea was like. He couldn't be sure, but he liked to think maybe he was making some headway and the other boy might be a friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back