Kris
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Open after Maria posts with Josh

So far, Marnie's attempt at colour changing charms was producing mixed success. She hadn't made any real meaningful progress, sure, but she had gotten her pot of pink ink to be a slightly different shade of pink and she was ecstatic about it. "Oh, Josh, Josh, come here!" She said, perking up when she spotted the Gryffindor boy and waving him over hurriedly. "I've been trying colour changing stuff and look," she said, motioning with a dramatic motion to the pink ink in front of her proudly. "Black's been way too hard I wonder if I can even change the colour black since I guess technically it isn't a colour it's a shade which is a shame cause most of my ink is all boring and black and can you imagine how much more fun homework would be if I could make it change colours ooh or maybe I could even change the colour of the font in my book do you think they'd consider that vandalism is it still vandalism if it's your own book and you're just trying to make it look pretty?" Marnie mused, absentmindedly dipping her finger into the ink in front of her and pause when she realized she now had to wipe it off somewhere or risk getting ink on everything.

Josh's experience at Hogwarts had been so cool if he was being honest. There were so many different things, and there were so many things he had learned. He knew that he had to report all this back to his parents and sister when he got back from Hogwarts. The Gryffindor was laying on the couches, bored. When he saw that Marine was coming his way and excitedly spoke to him. He listened as his classmate spoke. "How does the colour changing stuff work?" Josh asked curiously. He was still new to all of it. Josh shook his head. "Nah I don't think it's vandalism. It's your own book, right? That you brought with your own money? You should be allowed to do what you want with your own stuff" Josh commented. He didn't think it was vandalism. But he wasn't always right when it came to this sort of thing. He watched as Marnie dipped her finger into the ink.

Marnie stilled when Josh asked what was ostensibly a simple enough question. "Well uh.. You wave you wand and think really hard about the colour you want and if you're good at it it works!" She said, motioning to the ink in front of her. "You can't tell but this used to be a slightly different pink it was like darker and pinker if that makes sense but now it's a pretty pastel pink I dunno why they don't sell more pastel ink I mean I guess it's kinda hard to see on parchment but it's such a nice colour," she said with a dreamy sigh.

She was glad Josh agreed with her about the book thing, nodding vehemently. "Right? We should be allowed to do whatever to our stuff, like I've been trying to embroider all my robes plain black robes are sooo boring I mean even Hufflepuff colours include black too which yawn, right?" She said, shaking her head in annoyance before glancing over at what Josh was wearing. "Ohh I wonder if we can get the charm to work on our clothes! That would be so fun like one day I want to wear a red shirt but what if tomorrow I wanna wear a blue shirt I bet we could get it to work don't you think?" She said, bouncing in place at the potential possibilities.

Josh listened as Marnie had explained to him how the colour changing worked and nodded. He took out his wand from his pocket, thinking about doing the spell she had just explained to him, but decided against it for now. Josh's jaw dropped a little (dramatically) as Marnie spoke about how she managed to change the colour of the ink. "Wait that's really cool! How long did it take you to get the colour you wanted? But they definitely should have more colour options." Josh said, impressed. He himself knew he wouldn't be able to do it. But maybe one day.

"Black is very boring," Josh said with a nod of agreement. Sure black suited almost everything. But black was a boring colour and he didn't really understand why was literally on almost everything. He liked blue and colourful colours. The Gryffindor boy looked down at his clothes when Marine had been looking at them, being a little conscious that maybe his outfit wasn't the greatest but nodded excitedly at the mention of charming their clothes. "Wait! That would actually be so cool" Josh said with encouragement as he then moved his body a little so that he could spread his arms out a little. "Hit me!"

Marnie beamed when Josh seemed suitably impressed with her colour-changing skills, nodding along eagerly with him. “I know right? I’ve been working on it pretty much since I got here it’s way harder than I thought it would be but there’s so many colours and sometimes I think I’ve decided on one but I’m not thinking of the right shade or I change my mind or it just straight up doesn’t work and honestly between you and me I was trying to get a different colour but I like this one! Pastel pink ink! It’s gonna make my homework way cooler,” she said confidently, admiring the ink pot again for a moment.

She was glad Josh was on the same page as her about everything, she’d been a little worried she might have some trouble making friends at school, but there were already a few kids in her year who seemed like exactly the sort of friends she’d been hoping to make at school and Josh was definitely one of them. “I know why couldn’t our robes match out house colour or something that’d be way more fun I mean I’d prefer if there was a pink house obviously but yellow robes could be a lot of fun I have been working on customizing mine though I could maybe do yours when I’m finished-“ Marnie started, her attention focusing back on the conversation about colour-changing clothes when Josh asked her to try the spell on him, grabbing her wand excitedly. “Oh yes! What should I do? What’s your favourite colour? I wonder if we could make stripes or patterns with it oh but we should stick with one colour first huh, I can definitely do pink though do you want pink robes, obviously I want pink robes-"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back